Empty Chairs

By AMAC45

Keegan has been through way too much in her 30 years of life. She's been through a war, moving from a war tor... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85

26

4.9K 164 14
By AMAC45

Keegan's POV

"Geez your popular." Mal says as my phone buzzes for the umpteenth time.

"It's because of who the Reign just signed as their new head coach." I say as I read a tweet I just got.

@KeeganIbishi14 having played for the new @OLReign coach, what do you think about the hiring?

"Hey Heif." I say as I look at my phone.

"Yeah Keegan?"

"I can be honest with my response to this tweet right?" I question and show him the tweet.

"It's your twitter so you can" Heif says.

"Sweet." I say as I type out my tweet then I hit send and look at my tweet.

@KEEGANISDADDY I think he's a massive fucking cunt who body shamed me just because I was born different. He can lie all he wants and say he didn't body shame Lindsey and I, but I will always see him as a despicable human being who deserves to never manage a team I can't wait to play his team and destroy him.

After I've sent my tweet I send another tweet to the same user

@KEEGANISDADDY nice twitter handle by the way.

"Hey Keegs come here." Kelley says so I approach her.

"What's up?" I question as I look at the right back who's sitting at to the teams gate in the Houston Airport.

We won our group so we're headed to LA to try and qualify for the olympics.

"Have you seen this?" The right back asks and shows me her phone.

On her phone is a video of Alex continuing to practice with Hope training with her.

"Oh they are in very deep shit." I say

"Why?" Christen asks.

"Because their doctor told them both to stop training and exercising and they obviously haven't. They can still exercise but not with a ball." I say then Alex falls over in the video. "They're gonna be lucky if I even talk to them when I land."

"FLIGHT 6016 TO LAX NOW BOARDING AT GATE 53."

"I'll see you all later." I say as I grab my stuff.

"Keegs that's not our flight." Christen says.

"We have the rest of the day off when we get to LA and I have things to do so Vlatko's allowing me to take an earlier flight." I say. "See you all later."

I finish grabbing my stuff then I head to my gate, board, the plane, then lean back and get some sleep.

When my flight lands 3 and half hours later, I grab my bag from the floor then get off and head down to baggage claim. Once at baggage claim I see my two pregnant girlfriends, but I pay them no mind and get my bags before I head out to the car.

"So she is mad." Alex says as I pass her and Hope.

Once outside of LAX I realize I don't know where Alex and Hope parked so I wait for them then we walk in silence to the car. When we get to the car I put my bags in the trunk then I get in the back seat and sit in silence the whole ride home.

When we get home I put my bags inside then I find Hope and Alex.

"Why are you mad?" Hope asks. "What'd we do?"

"You were training when the doctor SPECIFICALLY told you not to."

"Don't you think you're over reacting?" Alex questions. "We were just training."

"I'm not over reacting Alex." I say. "I know exactly what it's liked to be bullied for being different and I don't want my children to grow up with all the bullshit I did."

"I didn't know you felt that way." Alex says.

"Because you never fucking ask Alex." I say. "All you think about is you, Alex. Not me, not Hope, and definitely not our Children. All you think about is getting to the stupid fucking Olympics..."

"Keegan breathe." Hope softly says. "Just breathe then let's talk this out."

"Please." I say and look at my soulmates. "Please stop training."

"Can you explain why you're so upset Keegs?" Hope questions.

"I know what I went through because of the way I was born." I say. "There's a very very high chance that one or both of our daughters will be born like me and I don't want anything else to be wrong with them."

"Baby nothing will be wrong with our kids." Alex says.

"Alex you fell." I say. "That can be very damaging to the baby."

"I know it can Keegs." Alex says as she strokes my face. "And we already had Dr. Parker look and everything's fine."

"Keegan we'll stop" Hope says. "But next time something like this bothers you we need you to tell us so we can talk through it, okay?"

"Yeah...Okay." I say then I check the time. "I gotta go."

I give my baby mama's no time to respond because I grab my car keys then I get in my car and head to the music studio I rented out for the day. When I get to the music studio I park the car then I head inside.

"Sorry I'm late." I say as I look at the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra

"We just finished warming up so you're right on time." Gustavo Dudamel, the music director of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra, says.

"I guess we should get started then." I say then I grab the sheet music. "So I'm not very good at writing sheet music so I just sang the tune I had in my head and let some program put it into sheet music so if it doesnt make sense then I apologize."

"It looks like something we'd use." Gustavo says. "Is there anything you'd like us to focus on?"

"Honestly this song came to me in a dream so I assume whatever you come up with will be perfect." I say.

"Alright." Gustavo says. "We're ready when you are."

I nod then I head inside the sound proof booth and put on my headphones. Once I have my headphones on I give a thumbs up to my sisters in the recording booth then I give a thumbs up to Gustavo. Gustavo nods then he begins conducting so I listen to the music for about four or five run throughs.

Once I have a handle on the music I wait till it's my time to come in then I start singing.

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listened as the crowd would sing,
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
Once you'd gone there was never
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

It was a wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know St. Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know St. Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

"Damn." I hear Sofija say through my headphones. "You nailed that in one take."

"Lemme here it back." I say then my song is played back for myself and the LA Philharmonic. "Well that was quick."

There really isn't anything for me to touch up so the LA Philharmonic pack their instruments up then I thank each and every one of them as they leave.

Once my sisters and I are alone in the studio, I step back into the booth.

"Merrni një rrugë të re të hapur, pastaj goditi rekordin dhe lini gjithçka vetëm." I say. (Get a new track open then hit record and leave everything alone.)

"E kuptove." Aurora says. (You got it.)

Aurora and Sofija have been and always will be the people I record in the studio with.

"Shkoni përpara." Sofija says then I just sing what's on my mind. (Go ahead.)

As I'm randomly singing in the studio I realize someone has turned on the mic so I can hear what's being said in the booth.

"I don't know what you two did to upset her." Sofija says. "But you must have fucked up big time."

"What do you mean?" Alex ask.

"What Keegan's singing isn't written down." Sofija says.

"She's just singing what's on her mind." Aurora says as we all look at Keegan. "And she hasn't done this in a long time."

"Fuck." Hope mumbles.

"Does she know we're here?" Julie asks.

"Yep." Sofija says.

"Actually." Aurora says. "Since she knows your here she may not sing what's on her mind."

"Why?" Alex asks.

"Ti e di se mund të të dëgjoj ashtu?" I say. (You know I can hear you right?)

"Baby you're sitting on the mic" Sofija says.

"Oops." Julie says.

"I'm done so you can stop." I say then I take off the headphones.

Once I've taken the headphones off my soulmates come into the booth, but Alex keeps her eyes on the ground.

"Lex?" I question then I tilt my forward's chin up so she has to look at me. "What's wrong?"

"Did you mean what you said?" Alex questions. "When you said I didn't care about our kids."

"No." I say. "I was angry and it was in the heat of the moment."

I bring Alex into my arms then I kiss her head.

"I know you care about our babies." I say. "I shouldn't have said it and I'm sorry."

"I promise we'll stop." Alex mumbles.

"I know." I say. "I believe you."

"You know that was a pretty cool song you made today?" Hope says.

"When did you guys get here?" I ask.

"Right before you sang the song." Alex says.

"Oh...How'd you know I was here?" I ask.

"Julie asked Sofija where to meet and Sofija told her to meet here."

"Okay." I say then I kiss my soulmates. "How about we go get some food."

"Ooh yes please." Alex says.

"Let's go." Hope says then she drags me out of the booth. "Your babies are hungry."

My babies.

I like the sound of that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 718 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...
19.5K 302 16
USWNT child one shots!! REQUESTS OPEN!!! (I give credit) Mainly Morgan, Press, Heath, and O'Hara from USWNT but might add some some others and woso I...
589K 14.2K 71
Meet Cody, an average teenager, dealing with a rough home life and the school bully, who just so happens to be her Captain on the high school soccer...
38.4K 969 11
Cairo's just been told to retire. Why? What caused this? How will this affect the rest of her life?