Taken From The Nest

By matcha_wafer

Abigail Davis is a widowed mother and a newspaper writer trying to fit into the small town of Lynchburg with... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V

Prologue

17 4 4
By matcha_wafer

I woke up in an instant, realizing that the patio door from my dream was my own, and someone had just opened it.
Faintly, I hear the jingle from an ice-cream truck.
They're here.
I leap from my bed, but before I could even leave the room, I hear the sound of a car pulling into the gravel covered driveway. Frantically, I rush to the window. It was pitch black outside, but the lamp post illuminated the figures that were concealed by the night. I could barely make out the shape of a small child, and a tall, stocky man holding the child's hand. Behind him was a discolored ice-cream truck with two more men.
He was helping the child into the truck.
That child was none other than Isla.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 5.1K 63
[Now A Wattpad Featured Story] Soon to be eighteen, Abigail Saunders always wished to be in the bubble of perfection with her parents. Her prayer una...
Kidnapped (Book 1) By kthaler

Mystery / Thriller

429K 11.1K 48
It started with nothing more than a news story, but for Kelly Hunter, this story will become a reality. No one ever believes they will be abducted. E...
2.6K 195 33
Dia and her family have been relocated after Jay broke out and has his mind set on getting revenge on her. She has to adapt to a new city, new life a...
46.6K 2.6K 48
Highest Ranking: #9 in Mystery/Thriller Psychosis: a condition that disrupts a person's thoughts and perceptions that make it difficult to...