Valerie's Contractor ||Comple...

By Annyink

He placed his palms on both sides of my cheek, and caressed my face ever so gently. Gazing into my coffee bro... More

Flickers
Sparks
Cafรฉ au lait
Platonic
En route
Alan's place
Not so platonic
La fรฉminin grace boutique
The reunion
No calls?
A kiss or two.
Heck! not those chests again!
Plummeted
I knew I never liked that chick
Mails!!!
Pop corns and late night movies
The Tayos Crib
Alan's Family
Am I good enough?
Grandma's 90th birthday
Stars of the night sky
Rooftop Lounge
The unexpected reaction
The Decision
A/N

TV remote control

303 59 10
By Annyink

The kiss was quite unexpected. I know you would be wondering why I said so, but truly, I never planned on launching one on him. It just happened.

When I broke the electrifying lip lock, my eyes met with his, and he held my gaze. I knew he was amazed, but he didn't show much of it. He just gave me a lopsided grin. And asked.

"Where did that come from?"

I nibbled my upper lip shyly. I was pretty much embarrassed that I let him see how much I was still attracted to him. This had never happened before, he was always the one making the first move since time immemorial. Right now, he wasn't making matters easy for me, he just kept gazing at me as he hung back for my answer, but once he realized I was a little bit uncomfortable with the question he asked, he said in a low voice.

"Hey, hey. It's okay." He was actually chuckling right now.

I facepalmed. I was literally going all rainbow colors on him right now. He gave me a half-laugh, and in a split second, he drew me into his embrace. His body felt so warm. I could feel his heart thump increase a little bit beyond its normal pace. "Why do I always act like a 15-year-old girl when I am around you?"

"Well, I guess that's because that was how old you were when you were so crazy in love with me." He said, in a tone that sounded more rueful than sarcastic. He obviously knew I was attracted to him, but I bet he was thinking I was no longer in love with him. He was wrong. What I felt for him back then, was far more subtle than what I feel for him now. I wanted to tell him that, but I held back. I wasn't going to stay in Nigeria, and I didn't want a good heart to break twice because of me. Anyway, I guess I was just gonna enjoy being in his arms for now. Was that selfish of me?

"There is something we are yet to discuss...." He was saying when his phone rang. I sat up straight, to enable him to take the call. He brought out the phone from his pocket, then picked the call.

"Hey, Pamela. What's up?" Pamela? Why was she calling him instead of me? I thought. Then, I remembered my phone wasn't in my possession. It must have fallen down somewhere in my vehicle en route to the clinic.

"Yeah. We are currently at the clinic... It's within the hotel premises. The name of the hotel is The Boval intercontinental hotel, Maryland." He said, then stared at me. "She's fine..." I kept wondering how Pamela found out I was with Alan. "Alright, I would let you speak to her now." He said, then handed over the phone to me and whispered. "Pamela."

I already knew she was the caller tho. I collected the phone from him, and Immediately I placed the phone on my left ear, I heard Pamela's worried voice. "Aw baby! What happened to you naw?"

"I fell." I replied.

"Yeah, yeah. I know you did. But what I meant to ask was, how did it happen and all that?" I thought of what her expression would be like if I actually narrated the real story to her, she would definitely laugh her ass off. That crazy girl.

"It was an accident dear. But don't fret over it tho, I am fine now."

"How can you say I shouldn't fret over it? My best friend broke her leg, and you are saying I shouldn't be worried."

"Alright, be worried." I said jokingly.

"Look at this girl o! How can you even be cracking jokes in this kind of situation?" Mehn! Pamela deserved a trophy in taking things overboard sha.

"Calm down naw." I looked at Alan briefly, then looked away. "According to the doctor, it is just a hairline fracture, it's not that bad. Don't be so afraid, I am fine... Really." I said trying to calm down my troubled friend.

"Hmmm. Thank God o! When Bala called me, he was really sounding terrified. He was like, "Ah! Madam done break leg ooo! I no even sure say she go fi use that leg waka again!" This and that. So, I became really really worried." She said. No wonder, Bala was the informant. That was the reason why she got this apprehensive.

"Don't mind that Bala jor, he loves to blow things outta proportion." I wanted to add "Just like you" but I didn't, cuz I really cherished the fact that she cared this much about me, even though I didn't say so all the time.

"I and Chuks were preparing to come to the clinic now sef, but Chuks said I should call Alan and find out how you were doing first of all." She said. I looked at the clock hanging on the white wall. It was already 9:45 PM.

"There would be no need for that dear. It's already getting late. You both can come tomorrow morning. Besides, Alan is here with me. I am guessing he would spend the night at the clinic." I said then looked at him for confirmation. He nodded.

"Awwwwwn such a caring guy. Someone is gonna get some sugar." She said. Then made a kissing sound. This was so Pamela-ish.

"Hahaha. How did I meet you again?" I asked, laughing so hard, in spite of the pain I felt.

"Our meeting was made in heaven Hun." She replied giggling like a five-year-old.

"My goodness. Alright, I guess it's time for you to leave."

"But, but..."

"Don't but me. Go and meet your husband, you this married woman. Goodnight. I love you!"

"Ah! Just like that? You are driving me away because of Alan abi?" She said, trying to fake a pity pity voice. But I wasn't buying it.

"Adios Mrs. Brown." I said, then cut the call.

"Crazy girl." I said after hanging up.

"Friends like her type are really hard to come by you know. I think she is fun. Besides, you love her for her craziness, don't you?" He said.

"Yeah, I do. I really do. She is a crazy angel." I said smiling to myself, then I handed over the phone to him.

He collected it. Then his eye wandered around the room. "This clinic has really nice facilities." He said as he examined the room.

"This clinic should count itself lucky to have gotten such a satisfactory assessment from a professional contractor like yourself." I said. Glancing around the room too.

"Well, you can say that again. I am indisputably good at what I do." He said, with a cheerful smile on his cute face.

I cocked a brow. "Hey, don't flatter yourself Mr." I said.

"Do you really wanna debate on this one? Cuz I am so certain that you are gonna lose... The amazing job I am doing for you currently at the mansion is enough empirical evidence." He said. Ending with his tongue in his cheek.

"As much as I don't want to lose this argument... I just have to. You are really good son." I said. No jokes tho, Alan was a wiz at what he did. His past contracts were so so so on point. I wonder how he became this good. Well, I guess 10 years was no biscuit.

"And you have given up on an argument twice now. Wow! I am really making progress." He said raising his brows up.

"Like I said before, and I would still say again. Enjoy it while it lasts." I said.

He was about to say something else. When Dr. Odeife walked in. We both looked up at her.

"Hope I am not interrupting anything?" She asked.

"Well, a few moments ago, you would have been interrupting something." Alan replied, in a cheesy tone. I restrained a chuckle.

"I am glad I didn't." She said. Then walked closer to me, and palpated my head. "How are you feeling now?"

"Pretty much better." I replied.

"Great. You would be discharged tomorrow morning. But right now, you need rest." She said. "Sir, you have to leave now, my patient has to rest. Obviously, your presence would alter the possibility of that."

"Alright. I guess I would take my leave for now... But I can check up on her from time to time, right?" He asked.

"Of course. Before you leave, she would be needing your support to get to the other room where she would spend the night." The doctor replied him. This second time, she sounded so professional. I was beginning to like her now.

"Is there gonna be a better bed there?" I asked, cuz my back was already aching.

"Of course, of course. Isn't it obvious that the clinic has very nice facilities that were installed to ensure the comfort of each patient?" She said, with a proud chest held high.

"Yeah. The facilities are quite great." I replied. Then I got to my feet. This was the first time I was doing that since the incident of my fall. I took one step, then another. I looked at Alan, his countenance had changed into a very serious one, as he scrutinized my legs closely.

"Are your legs wobbly?" He asked.

"Just a little. But, I am fine. Just assist me" I said to him.

"Sure, sure." He carefully wrapped his arm around my waist. "This is okay, right?"

"Yes, it is. Thank you." I replied.

We walked slowly to the room the doctor directed us to. Inside the room was really comfortable as the doctor said it would be. I was glad I could finally rest my back well. Alan helped me lie down on the bed.

"When you are asleep, I would come around to check up on you, okay?" He said. I nodded in response. He placed a kiss on my forehead, then he left the room. Alan just treated me like his younger sister, no, his daughter was a better choice of words... But, guess what? I didn't get angry. In fact, I basked in all this pampering. Hahaha. You think I am quite a silly one right? Well, wait until the man/woman of your dreams spoils you with plentiful care, then your judgment of me would have a paradigm shift.

*********************************************************************************

The next day, I woke to see Alan napping on a sit beside my bed, he was putting on a black Southern Illinois University sweater. I wondered how he got that, cuz before I slept off yesterday, he was shirtless.

I looked at him for a moment, then I shook my head a little as I recalled the last time he woke up and caught me staring. I smiled to myself. Even though he was fine as Shangri-la currently, I wasn't gonna fall into that trap of playing the stalker role again. I needed some distraction from ogling at him. Ah-hah! TV was the best option for me.

I stared at the TV for some minutes, the volume was so low, I guess Alan must have been watching a program before he slept off. I searched around for the remote control, in order to use it to increase the volume of the TV, then I looked at Alan again, and then, I found the remote control resting in his right hand. How was I gonna collect it without waking him up? I thought. I got down from the bed, and carefully walked to the other side of the room where his chair sat. I collected the remote from his hand, then I turned around, but something happened. My leg wobbled a little bit, and I fell back, right into his laps.

Oops! I stared at his face for some time. Was he going to wake up? I thought. Before I could drive in that thought, Alan's eyes opened. "Valerie, what are you...." He was saying when I heard the sound of the door, then Pamela and Chuks made their entrance. Pamela's mouth formed an O-shape.

I slapped my forehead mentally. So much for trying to avoid being called a stalker twice.

A/N

Yo, Boo!! Are you looking away?👀 I am talking to you! I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did.😋

Please, don't forget to vote by hitting on the star⭐ down below. Don't forget to comment too.💬

Can you keep a lil secret?🤫🤐👇

I love you!❤💕🥰💯💯💯

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404K 54.4K 73
When Maduka meets Nwanyieze, he is certain they are meant to be. He knows she is a woman with secrets, but he cannot stay away from her. He also has...
10.9K 525 61
โ› ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐'๐ฏ๐ž ๐ค๐ž๐ฉ๐ญ ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ. โœ โ› ๐“๐ก๐š๐ง๐ค ๐ ๐จ๐ ๐ข๐ญ ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ. โœ โบ ใ€€ . โœฆ . ใ€€...
115K 15.7K 48
"Okay. What's your favourite food?" "It will be you after we get married, but for now It's anything you give me to eat." He deadpanned. Tseju almost...