Dragon's Mate

By NaughtyRosie

*MATURE* Don't let anyone ever fool you that mating is easy business and all soft kisses and cuddles. Because... More

Prologue
1: Sold
2. Run
3. Claimed
4. Heated Caress
6. Good Moan-ing
7. Choices Taken(FIXED)
8. Cinnamon Kisses
9. Complications
10. Axial I
11. The Dark King
12. Axial II

5: Shadows

106K 3.1K 478
By NaughtyRosie

Dragons Mate 5

Recap:

"You known as well as I do that its a mating pull. You just don't want to -"

"I want to confirm. I want to be certain this time. No mistakes this time. I wont make the same mistake I made. The one that cost us everything. That cost us Catherine."

Did...Did he just say Catherine? Me?! Or was it that girl from his past? We have the same name!?

Suddenly everything began to spin rapidly. Their forms twist and blurred in and out along with everything else as a ringing began in my ears.

"W-what is...happening?" I clench my hand to my head as the earth tilts and I find myself falling.

"Peaches?" Axial questioned taking a step forward, concern and slight shock in his eyes. The last thing I see is Damien moving forward towards me with the same look as I crumble onto the ground.

What in the world was my life becoming in a matter of one day?

*•* Dragons Mate 5 *•*

"A-Axiel?" I gasp as the man caught me in his arms.

"Peaches? What's wrong? Are you ok?"

"Something...my neck." I groan hand coming up to the numbness that had suddenly began to grow on the back of my neck as the world began to spin.

Oh god I think I'm going to hurl. No, no please I don't want to throw up on him. He is too hot to see me like that!

"What is it?" Damien hovered over us as Axiel went down with me, setting me on the ground.

"Her neck, she-" he suddenly hissed out a curse as his hand met something on the back of my throat. He plucked it out and I groaned as he brought it into view.

"A toothpick with a blue tip?" I ask suddenly confused.

"Prosqia." both men hissed at once.

"What?" I ask as the world began to slowly stop spinning. Thank god.

"Shadow worshipers. Don't worry this is a blue tip. You are just going to be weak for a while but it won't kill you. If it was red or black then-"

"They are coming. At least five. North East. Two miles" Damien interrupted turning suddenly away, eyes darting into the darkness of the woods with a narrowed look.

"The shadow people?! I have to get out of here." I'm suddenly panicked. If these guys could kill a person with a red or black toothpick from over a mille away then they were not the type of people I wanted to hang around and chit chat about the weather with.

"Not shadow people. Prosqia. Shadow worshipers. If we were within ten miles of a real shadow demon he would have smelt your fear and you would be dead before you can sass at him." Damien hissed moving forward with powerful confident strides.

I'm about to snap at him that I do not 'sass' but I bite the retort down because this was so not the time for another verbal fight with him.

"I wouldn't let the shadows within a lifetime of you. Just like we won't let these guys hurt you." Axial smiled brushing my hair back with a new fondness and gentle touch.

With those vibrant golden eyes locked on me and the buzzing on my flesh that his touch ignited, it was impossible to not relax into his arms and instantly trust him.

"Twelve. Hmm. There's twelve of them." Damien Let out a dark chuckle. That definitely snapped me out of the warm fuzzy daze Axial's touch and eyes had already been drugging me into.

"What?" I look up at the man glaring into the darkness with a soft sinister grin on his lips.

Was this guy insane? Why was he happy that these things were coming?!

"That's quite a lot for Proskia. Is it an entire clan?" Axial asked standing up and lifting me into his arms. I would protest but my body still wasn't obeying orders. Common orders like 'legs! Get us the hell out of here!'.

"How many are there usually?" I ask a very unwanted dark choking feeling growing in my gut.

"Three or four. At the most five. They hate each other almost as much as everyone else hates their company." he held me against his chest facing the same direction Damien was facing but his eyes down to me. Gentle and warm.

"Why did they spike me with a ninja toothpick? I thought you said these were your woods or something? What do they want."

"These woods belong to everyone and no one. But all but one of Darks are forbidden to trespass into this realm." Axial says.

"Which one?" I say.

"Dragons." Damien answered with a smirk looking back as his eyes collided with mine.

"No creature has ever challenged a full grown dragon and lived to tell the tale. Not to mention ordering one around and telling him where to go or not go." Axial finished.

"They are here. Good. This night needed some spicing up." Damien grinned.

"No more fights Damien that was the deal when we left. The attack could have easily been deadly for her if they chose. Maybe this is a misunderstanding. They might come in peace."

"Too bad I don't." Damien growled out the words as crackling flames rippled from his hands to form a long fiery cord of flames in both hands.

Suddenly shadows flowed from the darkness. Black masks, army sharp knives shimmering in the silver moonlight.

At first they looked almost human from the overall body shapes apart from the pitch black material that covered their entire body.

Then ones head popped out razor sharp teeth that started from the chin to the top of his head and screamed as it leaped at least six feet into the air towards Damien.

A burst of flames and the lash of flames in his hand whisked up into the air and coiled around the creatures midriff. It gives out another piercing screech as Damien slammed it into the ground. The thing fizzes and disappears in a puff of smoke seconds later.

"That look like coming in peace to you?" Damien arched a brow turning to his brother.

I'm as white as a ghost in Axials arms and the only thing not stopping me from pissing my pants right now is his gentle grip on me and the reassuring masculine and alluring scent of him. Making every harshly taken breath a blast of heaven.

"Ssssshe's not yoursss. Sssshe belongssss to our masssster." one of the shadows hissed a snake like hissing voice through the darkness as half a dozen darkened figures began to surround us.

"Her again? Oh this is getting weird. And trust me, it tales a lot to weird me out." Damien says crossing his hands as he took in the group.

"What does your master want with this human?" Axial spoke hands tightening around me protectively and tone lethal.

His voice a complete contrast from the gentle touch he had on me.  I almost had to take a double take to make sure it was him and not someone else who held so much menace in their tone.

"More importantly, who is sane enough to hire Proskia of all creatures?" Damien arched a narrowed brow ice king persona back and as arrogantly intimidating as ever.

"Jussst hand her over and our massster might be forgiving." the Proskia who seamed to be the one in charge hissed in that bone chilling voice.

"You hear that Axial? Hand the girl over and their masssster wont hurt us." Damien said not holding back with the sarcastic S as those cold eyes narrowed and a wicked grin formed. I palled.

He can't be serious!

I look up at Axial ready to beg but his eyes are on the creatures that surround us calculating and narrowed.

"Give her to ussss!" snake guy hissed getting angry.

"Oh, I don't know," Damien drawled. "I think I'm starting to tolerate the little human. She's lots of excitement and spunk so far. I might keep her around for a while."

He let them surround him moving all too close as they started to move around. The look in those golden spheres as Damien awaited for them to make the first move said it all.

And even I could feel it too which was both frightening yet almost expected. A pull between us strengthening.

I could feel the blood surging through him, as his fist tightened and cold hard death filled him. He wouldn't be taken again, never again. I could feel the thrill of what was now inevitable and the solid fate that he wouldn't be defeated.

This man had obviously seen much worse and he looked unbreakable as he was now counting down the seconds to a full on brawl.

Those glacier eyes spoke volumes. They spoke of a man who has seen unfathomable deeds and evils. I would guess a lot in his past hadn't managed to break him though they would have broken many. And by the fierce determination and precision he exhilarates in everything he does, he would be dammed if a few Proskia or 'wanna-be-shadows' as he'd called them were going to get the best of him.

"Ssssticking around issss a challenge againssst our masssster," another different from the usual said.

"Are you puppets here to chat or to give me a good time?" Damien glared back eyes frosty at them. "The odds are almost even. Let's play."

"Twelve to one," another said with a laugh. At least I think it was a laugh. "You're outnumbered, mòtherfücker."

Damien arched a brow a sinister grin playing on his lips. And for a second I thought he must be insane. Then I recall what happened earlier when a stake got driven through his chest. How he'd burst into a human torch and incinerated a tree in three seconds flat.

They had no idea, no clue what a killer he could be. If they did no sane man-er Proskia thiggy would stand against this guy. But I knew. I'd seen him wield flames to his will out of nothing.

This guy had been killing for far too many years before this little show-and-tell began.

"Then come get me," he invited them with a little flicking motion of his hands. "If you can, that is."

They were good as they poured onto him all at once. Yet as flames crackled to life around him, I could feel the power feeding into his muscles as they came at him.

Steel met fire. Damien kicked his attackers' feet out from under them, jumped up and bent backward to dodge a plunging knife while flames erupted from his mouth to singe one that had been coming from behind.

He didn't kill all which was strange.

"He doesn't want them dead. He wants to leave witnesses so the bastards remember what the hell they are dealing with. It's the only way to ensure they second guess coming for you again." Axial answered my unspoken question.

Damien buries a knife in one attacker's chest, stole another, and sliced across another man's throat. His movements blindingly fast, fluid and graceful like an enchanting dance. A lethal dance of a fiery killing machine. He moved like fire.

If not for the horrible screeching sounds the creatures made, and the choking thick musk of their dark smoke in the air as they got incinerated. I could have watched this beautiful creature move all day.

They hiss and fiss into more clouds of black tar smoke as he blast a ring of fire from his clenched fist just to jump and capture one above in a deadly blow against his temple in a spinning 360.

They were down from twelve to four as he stared back at the one facing him and smiled as his nostrils flared.

It was the leader and burnt flesh covered his right arm. This guy was not like the rest that screamed into a cloud of black smoke. He was flesh. He bled.

"Do you want to keep this up?" Damien asked the creature as he stared into its pitch dark face.. memorizing the curve of the face beneath the stretchy black mask. "Come on, asshole. Can't handle the heat?"

He proved his point by blasting one of those instantaneous and deadly fireballs at the creature that had more physical attributes underneath that black mask than the rest.

One of the three still standing creature lunched suddenly unexpected and sliced for Damien's forearm, knife missing but biting through denim on it's way down and cutting a deep furrow across a thigh.

I screamed as Damien kicked out, brought down another leg onto it's face and burned the creature to a screeching hiss of pain before stumbling back slightly. He has been wounded.

"Damien." Axial called voice calm but firm.

"Shut up! I know." Damien growled as he plunged a razor sharp blade into the leaders shoulder.

"That's going to hurt" he said with a chuckle, jumping back and watching as the leader screamed glaring. His head swing over to me and Axial.

"We will be back." he growled before disappearing in an angry bast of red fizz.

"Their blades are potent. Your leg-" Axial began.

"I know dammit! I'm fine. Let's get her out if here before more of her 'come in peace' buddies show up." he growled clearly angry.

I would snap back but considering he just saved my life yet again I kept my comments to myself. Besides, I had nothing to say.

Instead I softly curl into Axial's warmth and burry my head in his chest. I'm overall exhausted from the entire day in general, and the blue voodoo toothpick poison thing was still running through my system.

"Sleep. We will protect you. Sleep." Axial hushed placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

My pride protested against him carrying me like this or his gentle soothing kiss but I don't have the energy or will to protest.

Instead I softly moaned as unconsciousness welcomes me and everything fades away.

*•*•*•

Axial's POV:

A human.

Of all creatures we had a mating seal with a human. Oh the irony. No wonder Damien wants nothing to do with her. At least that's what he tries to convince himself. But the way he keeps glancing over at the girl in my hands said much more.

I smile catching him in the act again. This time his eyes lock with mine and he clenches his jaw swinging his head away.

"Don't say it!" he growls stuffing his hands in his pockets and stalking off ahead of us.

I chuckle softly looking down at the girl as she moans moving closer to me.

My smile dies when she softly moans again and the sound goes straight to my còçk.

So warm, firmly curved and responsive to the slightest touch. I glance down the frame of her body and can't miss the fact her nīpples had hardened the instant I'd touched her. And even asleep, they were pointed and making all too clear indents on the open small shirt she wore.

And her smell... I inhale peaches, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Homey, spicy, comforting, and oh so arousing.

I can't resist my palm softly caresses the side of her full bosom and the rewarding moan from the slight touch has Damien spinning around and shooting me a glare.

"Make her to stop doing that. It's driving me insane." he growls but weather knowingly keeping his voice down or not I know he at least cares enough not to awaken the sleeping beauty.

A glance down and I'm certain the soft sounds she was making was affecting him as much as they were me.

He swings back around hissing out a curse and continues on. It's probably better for the good of both of our receding controls not to tease the girl anymore.

Because one more moan like that and Damien would be turning around to the sound of me ripping her clothes from her body and her awakening with a scream of passion as I covered her pulsing çlit with my mouth until she came.

"What are you going to do about tomorrow?" I ask the question burning at the back of our minds since we both recognized the mating bond we sealed with this human.

"We visit Raoul to clear up this mating mess between us and the girl .Then we do what we intended to do today." he answered and I groaned in displeasure.

"So you are still going to go ahead with it? Even after finally finding our mate you want to just break the bond?"

"Her appearance doesn't change the fact my kingdom is at a precipice of war Axial." he suddenly spun facing me. "Those bastards who attacked knew who I was but that didn't stop them. We need to return balance to the kingdom."

"And denying your mate is your way to do this?" I ask keeping my voice low and calm but definitely not without my displeasure for what he was doing.

"What am I suppose to do?! We both know the only way to stop this war is uniting both kingdoms in some way. My marriage to Deralis is the only way."

"Deralis's hand doesn't guarantee peace with her father and we both know it." I say and he freezes then sighs.

"Our kingdom has been at peace with all for nearly twelve thousand years. I won't be the king that will bring an end to that peace." he spoke hands clenched at his side and determination piercing in his gaze.

He swings around and is gone with a blast of fire. I sigh knowing he is long gone but our link as brothers keeps him with me despite the distance.

"I'm afraid you don't have much of a choice anymore Damien. Not with the coming war." I look down at the woman in my arms. "Or with the pull to our mate."

*•*•*•*•

BOW-CHIKA-WOW-WOW!!!

PLOT SET! And I can't believe Im on chapter freaking five and there's already this many reads for this book!!! Holy smoking hot dragons!!!

Next chap is wakey wakey for Catherine and some SSSSEXY TIME, with one of the Dragons. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 51.4K 94
#4 in romance #1 in jealous, passionate, hot #3 in rejection, hot #5 in badboy, funny #9 in wattpad, steamy #55 in werewolf (Highest rankings) "You a...
442K 11.8K 35
Sweat started to form all around my body as the pain consumed me. It was 9pm and this had to be the worst wave of heat I've ever experienced! My body...
13.2M 363K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
2.7M 86.5K 51
BOOK ONE OF THE CURSED SERIES "What's your name?" His voice was a delicate murmur in her ear. "Alice," she breathed, gasping as he nipped at her lobe...