Don't Let Go

By ShabanaTheStar

❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something tha... More

let go series
copyright
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
bonus one
bonus two
epilogue
gratitude

twenty eight

24K 1.2K 130
By ShabanaTheStar

Miracles do happen sometimes.

"You're serious?" Farhan, who came to visit Natasha was surprised to find Haya and Abrar in her apartment. They then explained the whole family drama to him, he nodded in understanding but what surprised him more was the news which Haya just shared.

"Yes, Sanam came here... to apologize and we hugged it out. We are cool now." Haya's face glowed like a bulb as she said those words. Having her sister back in her life felt so good than she has ever imagined.

"But what about all the things she has done and said?" Farhan frowned at his best friend, for being so forgiving. Natasha nodded in agreement. She too wasn't very happy when Haya forgave her sister so easily.

"She's my little sister, Farhan. I've already missed her for ten something years and I cannot miss her anymore. She's sorry and that's what matters." Haya scoffed, Abrar sensed her anger and squeezed her palms lightly. She eyed him for a second and he gave her a small nod. That was all it took for her to calm down.

"Sorry! If I said too much." Farhan smiled sheepishly, she nodded her head and gave him an assuring smile, "it's fine. Let's not talk about it anymore. What's between me and Sanam, let it be between us. Now tell me, what's that oh so important thing which you wanted to talk about?" Haya asked as she raised her eyebrows curiously at him.

"Well... there's something I've been wanting to talk with you. I'm so glad that you're here. Talking face to face is easier." Farhan passed them all a nervous smile, who looked at him curiously. Mainly Abrar was very interested in what he has to say.

"You know my father... He kicked me out of my company because I've started it with his money and he claim to disown me after I've helped you escape. Not that I'm complaining, I'm glad that he did that. But I have to do something for my bread and butter you see." he paused trying to see how everyone was reacting to this news.

Haya was the first one to break the silence, "I'm so sorry, Farhan. Because of me you had to bear all of this." she felt bad for him, she really did.

"Oh no, I'm in no way blaming you. You're my best friend and of course, I'd save you, anytime. I don't mind that he kicked me out. I was going to do that on my own anyway. The thing is, I was planning to start my own Fashion house and all. I need your support for that. I know you're as passionate as me in fashion designing if not more. I thought it'd be cool if we collaborate." Haya became speechless at this. She didn't know what to say. True fashion designing was her dream. Maybe more. But with her situation, will she be able to do it? Will Abrar agree?

"I- I don't know what to say," Haya replied honestly.

"There's no pressure. I just need you to be one of my partners, who'd provide financial support because I know you can afford this. I'm sorry if that sounded greedy. But I need money and you can invest your parents' money in this right? After all, it was their dream to see you as a designer too." Farhan wanted Haya to accept this. He cannot let her talent go to waste.

"You can work at home, you're a good designer Haya. You've helped me a lot during my Florida fashion show. Do the same thing now. Draw stuff at home and send them to me through a scanner or something. We have technologies and all. Please think about it?" he pleaded and Haya looked at him hesitantly. The offer was very tempting. But Abrar?

"Do it, Hayat. I know how much this means to you. Go for it." Abrar blinked his eyes with assurance, knowing very well what was stopping her, she looked at him wide-eyed. Did he really say that? Wow.

Natasha and Farhan gasped at the name, Hayat. They looked at their best friend with a did-you-really-let-him-call-that kind of expression. They knew how much that name meant to Haya and the fact that she let him call her spoke volumes.

"It's too much to process. But I'll love to do it, Farhan. Let's be business partners." Haya excitedly forwarded her hands to him for a handshake, and he beamed at her as they shook hands. From the corner of her eyes, she saw Abrar who was equally happy for her.

Whatever happened to the old Abrar Shah, but she was liking this new version of him better.

***

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Abrar asked with a smile as he eyed his wife, who was ogling at him for longer than two minutes. They were walking in the busy streets, going nowhere in particular. But it felt good to just hold hands and walk for as long as they wanted. There was no one to stop them here. No enemies to harm their life or no people to judge them. Sometimes the city was better, more like easy to live with.

"I was wondering what happened to the Abrar who I married? You are changed now. So much that it's unbelievable." Haya expressed herself and they stopped at a restaurant, Abrar nodded with a smile and they both walked in, hand in hand.

"A table for two." the waiter took them inside to one cosy seat and gave them the menu.

"It's been so long since I've been to a restaurant. I'm craving these foods so much." Haya licked her lips, as she read the menu. Abrar watched her amusingly, as he let her order food. He asked for whatever she ordered and the waiter left with a nod.

"Is it okay for you to eat all those?" he asked in a concern filled voice.

"I don't know... But for one day nothing will happen. Please let me eat." she gave him her classic puppy eyes, and he couldn't say no to that. Not when she was bearing his child and it was probably the pregnancy cravings' doings. He swore to make her happy no matter what. And he will do it.

"Fine..." he sighed and her eyes lit up happily. It was so worth that smile, he thought to himself and shook his head. His wife is too adorable.

"You still did not answer my previous question," Haya asked again, as they waited for the food to arrive.

"I am still the same." Abrar shrugged, "I don't know what made you think that?" he acted cluelessly.

"Well, for a fact that you are okay with me working? I don't know. It's shocking." Haya wondered.

"I have no problem, as long as you've enough time for me and the baby... It's fine with me." Haya still couldn't believe her ears. Was he seriously serious? She was finding it so hard to believe.

"Stop looking at me like that." Abrar laughed. Haya pouted but her eyes lit up as she saw the waiter coming with their food from afar but she stared at her husband pointedly and mumbled, "I will always have time for you, Abrar." he nodded with a small smile, whilst mouthing- I know.

For a few minutes, there were no words exchanged. They just savoured the food in silence. As soon as they finished, Haya ordered some deserts and while they waited for it to come, she shot him another question which she was meaning to ask since the morning.

"Abrar..." trailing off sceptically she continued, "you didn't believe your Chachi... Did you?"

He coughed unevenly as soon as she asked him that, "what type of crazy question is that? Of course, I don't believe her." Haya's eyes teared up as she heard how sincere he sounded.

A huge relief hits her heart knowing that he trusted her. Abrar gulped a glass of water as he continued, "she's a sick woman, Hayat. Don't take her words to your mind." Abrar held her hands as he gave a little squeeze to it, she gave him a blank stare.

"I know you must wonder why are still tolerating her even after all of this?" she nodded her head curiously as he continued, "it happened eighteen years ago."

A drop of tear rolled down his cheeks as he recollected that memory, "I had an elder brother... I know it must be a shock. But it's true, I had an elder brother... His name was Murtaza and he was very close to me and Ayaan. Even though he was chachi's son, we behaved as if we were biological brothers. Sometimes we all forget that he was chachi's son. My parents and everyone else pampered him as their own son. He was the firstborn child after all. My father loved him more than he loved us, me and my twin I mean."

Haya had her mouth agape as she heard his narration. This was so freaking shocking, no jokes.

"And just like this year, Imran Sheikh wanted to compete in the elections that year too. He lost it as expected and his ego couldn't accept that. He wanted revenge. Fucking revenge. He killed my brother for a fucking revenge." Abrar banged his fists on the table as he recollected that memory that happened just in front of his eyes.

"What?" Haya couldn't believe her ears. Was Imran Sheik that sick? Disgusting is all she could feel right now.

"Bano Chachi was a mess for days. She lost her son, who was obviously close to her and his loss took a toll on her." Abrar sighed. Haya still couldn't understand what had to do with Bano's crazy behaviour towards her or Abrar.

"But why does she hate you?" she asked it aloud. He gave her a bitter smile, his eyes bloodshot red.

"It was supposed to me, Murtaza died to save my life..." she gasped at this. Everything was too much for her to process. No way in hell did she expect all of this to happen. So that was why the family was so protective of Abrar? They've already lost two of their sons and did not want to lose him too. It made sense to Haya.

"You always ask why is that lake so dangerous, right? Because well, he died there. It should have been me. But he took that bullet for me. Chachi was too heartbroken to lose him, she didn't have Meruza at that time and his loss affected her mind a lot."

"She blamed me for his death. Wishing that I died instead. She started taking out her anger by hurting me all the time. She found happiness in my pain. And I didn't mind it. I understood where she was coming from. So, I let her do whatever she wanted to do." Abrar sighed.

Suddenly something else clicked in her mind, so this is what Ibrahim meant by 'I don't want to lose you too?' The politics really was so dirty...

"I was responsible for his death after all." Haya shook her head in disbelief.

"Stop blaming yourself,Abrar."

"But."

"You're not responsible for his death, Abrar. Your Chachi needs help, whatever you say. If she finds happiness in your pain, I'm sorry to say she needs to get herself checked. You guys shouldn't have let her do anything for this long." Haya muttered in a tone of disbelief. She could understand Abrar's pain like it's her own. It must be really hard for him to be blamed for someone's death. That was so horrible. No one deserved that.

"I know... But I sometimes feel what did I ever do to deserve you as my wife? You're too good for me. I mean, we are poles apart... I'm nothing but danger. I cost you your life once. That kidnapping still haunts me like crazy. What if that Imran bastard killed you or something? With me, you should always be alert for your life. I don't know which enemy will haunt us at what time...You deserve someone better, someone, who could keep you safe. I sometimes think... I don't deserve you at all and that I should let you go." Abrar confessed his insecurities one by one and Haya was an emotional mess from within, she might burst out crying any moment.

"But I love you too much to let you go." Abrar controlled his tears as she saw her glare at him. They did not bother that they were in a public restaurant or the fact that their dessert was melting.

"Then don't let go." Haya snapped at him angrily, not even realizing that he has actually confessed his true feelings for her. She was too angry at whatever bullshit he spoke sometimes ago.

"Don't you dare." She added with a glare, just the thought of him leaving her has weirdly twisted her heart and she couldn't stand that even for a minute.

"Would never dream of it." Abrar smiled as he saw her angry face. His heart skipped a beat knowing how angry she is at the thought of him leaving her. And he would never let her go either. Not in this lifetime at least. He's too selfish to leave her.

And yes, he was in love with her. He did not know how did that happen but it did and he could swear that it's the best feeling, ever. To love someone with all his heart sounded so crazy but he was crazy. Crazily in love with her.

"Wait a minute. What did you say?" Haya bit her lips in realization, as heat raised to her cheeks.

"That I wouldn't dream of letting you go?" a teasing smile formed on his lips as he very well knew what she wanted to hear. A bit of teasing would ease the situation and he'd gladly do that to cheer her up. She huffed at his response making him smile but later on confused him with her sudden shyness.

"You're so evil. But I love you too." Haya smiled shyly as she watched his eyes go wide in surprise. His reaction was what she'd call priceless.

"I don't know how did that ever happen. But it did, and I don't regret it. Not even one bit. And I'm so glad that I came to that stupid tour and met your bi jaan. And I'm so so glad that we got married." Haya mumbled as she smiled like an idiot. Months ago, she would have laughed at your face if you said to her that she'll fall in love with Abrar. But now, she really was in love with him. The crazy kind of love, which makes her heart flutter and her legs float. It was crazy, but it is true.

Abrar was still finding this hard to believe. It felt too good to be true, " you're not joking right?"

"I'm not." a wave of euphoria hits his heart as he heard those words. He did not know when did he fall in love with her, but he did. And it felt so good to have those feelings being reciprocated.

"I love you..." It felt so good to be able to say those words.

"I love you too," And even more good to hear it back.

"I guess the desert is wasted, let's go home then? We will inform Natasha on the way." Abrar smiled as he paid the bill and they both stood up to leave, their faces gleamed brightly with happiness. Anyone who'd see them will also feel happy because they were continuously smiling that crazily.

"Home?" She whispered as something dawns upon her.

"You don't want to go?" He raised his brows but she was too lost in her thoughts.

Haya has always wanted a home... She has dreamt of it for years... To have that one place where she'd be loved and cherished. Where people would actually care for her, protect her and would miss her if she went anywhere. It took her years to find it, but she was so glad that she has finally found that one place.

"What are you thinking, Hayat?" Abrar gazed at her, as they stood outside the restaurant. The street lights in the dark made her face glow beautifully.

"Anywhere you are... is my home." Haya blinked away her tears as she gazed at him, his face filled with shock and surprise. Those words are far better than hearing I love you.

Abrar didn't care that they were in front of a restaurant and that people were walking past them, busy driving. All he could see was his wife and the love she held in her eyes, for him. He wanted nothing but to hold her tightly in his embrace and he did just that.

"Say that again?" he demanded like a child as he inhaled her lavender fragrance, Haya melted in his arms as she kissed him near his heart.

Their actions attracted an audience, but they were too much in love at that moment to care about any of them.

"Anywhere you are, is my home." she closed her eyes in contentment while he pressed his lips against her hair. God, she wished for the earth to stop rotating and live in that moment forever and ever. It was too precious.

Abrar was her home! The one which she always searched for...

"I'm so glad that I married you, Allah... I cannot believe that I'm saying these words." Abrar laughed aloud happily as he broke the hug and she held his arms, feeling shy suddenly. Her cheeks warmed up. They finally did realize that they were in the middle of the busy road and people were passing them curious glances.

"Let's go." Abrar held her hands tightly as he guided her towards where his car was parked, ignoring the audience, who went back to mind their own business.

"To our home." Haya glanced at him sideways and passed him a fond smile, as they walked hand in hand... towards their happily ever after.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 21.2K 61
Yash Purohit- 27 year old CA, Carefree, Bindass, Jolly, happy Go person. Once you meet him, he will ensure your comfort. He gives his time to family...
582K 26.6K 66
Book 1 of #ARRANGED HEARTS series.... (This series will contain only arranged marriage stories...so read only if you want to read arranged marriage t...
407K 23.9K 34
❝ She knew he can never be hers and yet she fell in love with him ❞ Fairytales exist only in books and movies. That's what Natasha Rehman told hersel...
89.9K 5.1K 9
❝ Distance can't stop what's meant to be ❞ He was her best friend's brother's best friend. And she was his best friend's sister's best friend. That's...