A Life I Could Never Dreamed...

By himani1411

Mahabharata. A tale of victory of Justice over injustice. A tale of sacrifices. A tale of diplomacy. The tale... More

something about me
Surprise gift. but for whom?
meddling with time?
A special chapter
An official meeting
meetings the pandavas
expecting the unexpected
what's right thing to do?
A little talk
its been days...
Gouri pujan
the ratings
the incrwonation
leaving Hastinapur...
hell broke loose..
the ratings
journey to Dwarka..
Reunion with Kahna
Journey continues
who am i?
Truths
different direction
ranking
where is Adrika?
New Avatar
New place dynamics
author's note...
Adrika
The Strategist Role
the talk
A Chalenge
Here It Is..
Return to the time line...
some confusion
Major heart break
Fall out
It's becoming complicated.
Big Dissions
Journey to Hasthinapur once again
A Time Changing Friendship
Business deal
Truth
His for ever
Khandavprasth
Indraprastha
Changes
Parth
A problem
A marriage or a conflict
Marriage of the century
The happy days
Time takes turns
World fall apart
The next generation
The city of Seasons
Days in Island
The meet alash
Father
Family and moments
The things needed to sort
War of words
Alliances
War
The Falen Warriors
Vishma vadh
Chakravyuh
let's have some fun
Beginning of the end
The Ultimate Sacrifice
Thank you
Letters
the sequel
Announcement
Announcement 2

Parth 2

2.9K 124 131
By himani1411

Adrika's POV
        I never thought I would see death at such close proximity. I willingly risked my life on Nakul's confidence but you have to be little skeptical when it comes to your life. While loosing consciousness I was thinking what will happen now, will I be wake up in my own time or I would be dead and someone would find my body in my apartment? Will someone come to look for me? Or that nosey neighbor would call the cops on me? No.. Sky will come. I told him I would meet him that evening. If I don't show up he will come. But that was years ago. Was time stopped there until I return? I didn't know. I laughed at the irony of the situation, I was inside a treseract yet I knew so less about the time paradox theory. Maybe after that I loose my senses because the next thing I remembered was anxious Droupadi and Helisha hovering over me. The next couple of days while I was recovering Indraprastha was getting ready for it's Nagar pujan. Days were peaceful here. I was with my loved ones. Bharta krishn was here, Nakul, Droupadi and the reassurance of some peaceful years to come... Eventful yes. Chaotic yes. But peaceful. One last thing to happen. And secretly I don't complain about it. Arjun needed to leave Indraprastha. And he did. After his dispersal we did the Nagar pujan as per tradition. Droupadi insisted me to join her in some rituals.

"Droupadi this is the rights of a queen. Not me." I protested.

"You are as much as a queen of Indraprastha as I am. What I ever done for this city as a queen? You made it possible. You risk your life for the city people. You save Pandavas in multiple occasions. I'm the queen with right presented. But you are the queen with rights earned. If I do this alone today, that will be the biggest injustice." She countered.

"Adrike! You can't run away from bonds of affection. You are always been free.. Because we could let you fly free but here. They expect you to live. With them. Meri behna... Ab ruk jao. Swikar kar lo jo tmhara hai." Bhrata krishn said.

      He knew my thoughts about time paradox. How i was questioning my ultimate reality here. He knew I was being skeptical about the marriage. It was a hint that my world was moving without me. Me.. My memories were like distance dream for my loved ones. They were moved on and I was fading from their subconscious. Or they just don't have any recognition of me. I needed to accept this as my substantiality. Maa, baba, Sky don't have a Adrika in their life anymore. But these people have.. A lone tear rolled down my eyes while I nodded looking down.

"Leaving the ideology of life is difficult Dearie.. But we promise we will give you so much love that you will not regret your decision." Jyesth said.

"Who said Adrika will leave us.. So many culinary delights she knows that I have yet to have and learn." Bhrata bhim said while crushing me in a side hug. That man was  like a rock.

"Seems like I lost my sister..." Bhrata krishn said chuckling.

"You lost her the day we met er vasudev. She is my sister now." Bhrata bhim said.

"Until her marriage bhrata bhim. After that you three can't even talk to her directly as per tradition. But me. I'll always be best friends to her.. Right Adrike?" Chhote kumar said to which I smiled a little.

"Why? This is not fair that only jyesth me and Arjun won't be able to be around Adrika." Bhrata bhim whined.

"Tradition is like so bhrat bhim. Elder brothers can't tak to the younger brother's bride." Bhrata krishn said.

"When I ever follow traditions bhrata krishn? You said na I'm the definition of change. How you expect me to follow this now?" I said. Bhrata bhim who hasn't released me yet crushed me again saying that's my girl. A small yelp came out of my mouth that aghast Nakul. But jyesth saw it and said.

"Bhim! Adrika is absolutely strong yet she is a woman be gentle while handling her, specially when she is recovering from a life threatening incident. You are crushing her."

           Bhrata bhim let go of me embarrassed. As everyone laughed at him. Me and droupadi did the rituals together. Things get really harmonious after that. Evryone were little sad about Arjun's absence but we were at ease. Bhrata krishn left after some week or so. I remembered his going. He kissed my forehead as a goodbye.

"When I can expect the discernment of yours bhrata krishn." I asked. He cupped my right cheek and said,

"Sooner than you expect meri pyari behna."

        With that he gave me a hint about the next big event that was coming close. But there was still several years for that. So I just kept myself busy in indraprastha and it's construction. So many things needed to done for a city to work. We conducted meetings for city people to know what job they did before and what could they do now. Every region was created and people choose their respective fields. Women also came forward to join divisions like healing, food preparation. Healers region was directly under my control so most women choose those. I taught them basic ways to prepare potions, selection of herbs, preserving them. They learned quick.

"Jyesth bhrata everything is running fine. But one division that is lacking behind is teaching. Me and Droupadi is trying her best to teach basic thing but we do need real gurus for that." Choote kumar said.

"Adrika you can start a hunt for gurus that can make Asharms here for our children." Jyesth said.

"Of course. Guru Dron can help in this. I'll write to him today. Ashram will be built in one month. My responsibility." I said.

         Slowly, steadily the city was completed over the years. It was a hub for knowledge and medical care in no time. We were treating people from far away lands. But as my strict instructions no one of the healers are allowed to share the knowledge and secrets of our treatments. I made an agreement with jyesth that the healing region would be directly under The Island's authority. Incase the city goes under any kind of attack or change of leadership the healers with their families would be moved to The Island as soon as possible. He agreed to all my conditions. I knew the future of this city and last thing I would want that my techniques goes to the opponent. Nakul and me had a routine of having dinner together every night. Lunch with Droupadi. At breakfast table we all join to plan for the day. That day droupadi made some food using things that came from island. Fruits and vegetables.

"Adrika! Try this. I made it just as you like. Kumar! For you. This one." Droupadi said. After the day she knew about me and Nakul, her behavior towards Nakul is always friend alike. I opened the pot and it was my favorite salad with dressing.

"Raw vegetables.. Adrika don't eat this... I won't be able to control my tears." Bhrata bhim said mockingly while i took a bite.

"Bhratashree! It is not just raw vegetables. You made me salad with avocado lime dressing. Thank you Droupadi but how did you know how to make it?" I asked while chhote kumar stole a bite from my plate. Typical of him. He likes to eat from my plate for some reason.

"Yesterday when things from the Island reached here there was a letter with it. And a book. There were recipes in that book. The letter says about what are your favorite, allergies and many more." She said.

"That must be Komi. She is always around me when I do any cooking. And she has this habit of keeping notes of recipes that I prepare."  I said taking another bite and subconsciously holding out one for chhote kumar, who apparently expecting it and ate it.

"Sometimes I envy their relationship. No awkwardness, no complications. Just pure friendship." Jyesth said nodding towards us. We both look at each other before shrugging off and laughing.

"True. Aarya I never seen you being comfortable around anyone like this." Droupadi said to chhote kumar. And he just smiled.

"Panchali! Can I see the book you got from Komi? Honestly she is my close friend. She must have send it for me." Bhrata bhim said.

"Of course Aarya." She replied.

             I smiled thinking about possibilities of the truth of the situation what bhrata bhim just said. He did spent a lot of time with Komi and other chefs during their stay at the island. Then a maid came in with a letter in hand.

"I'm sorry for the disturbance my lords.. Ladies.. There is a important letter for empress Adrika." She said.

"It can't be from Island, you just been there." Nakul said while I was opening the letter.

"It is from Dau... " I said cheerfully at my brother's letter. Its been a long while I had been to Dwarika. But as I read further a visible tension came upon my expression. Because that was jyesth's next question.

"What happened dear? Is everything alright in Dwarika?"

"Subhadra's marriage is fixed." I said coldly.

"That's a pleasant news, why you seem distress and indignant." Droupadi asked.

"With Duryodhan. Mamashree Shakuni suggested this. Why should I not be indignant when they are trying to make a pawn of my sister for politics."

        I said in a tone that could scare myself in a different situation. No one uttered a word. I tried to suppress my anger but it was showing as in the corner of my eye I could see Nakul motioning chhote kumar who was sitting beside me to keep distance. I couldn't care less that time.

"Kumar the thestrals that came with the supplies yesterday hadn't return to Island yet. Do they?" I asked.

"No. They are in the forest region somewhere hunting maybe. You want me to ready one for you?" He asked realiszing what i wanted. I nodded.

"There are two centaurs came with supplies. I haven't seen anyone else than them." Droupadi said. She isn't familiar with Islanders much. She was learning about them slowly.

"No panchali there were two thestrals also with them. They come everytime with supplies for protection. The reason you didn't see them is they can be seen by people who have seen death. Dark mystical creatures they are. Kind of look like horses but just the skeleton. No flesh at all with a dragon head. They can fly. But riding them is not easiest of task. Only Nakul and Adrika can ride them among us." Bhrata bhim explained to Droupadi who was just shocked that she didn't see two creatures with supplies she receives every two months for past several years.

"I need to get ready." I said before leaving.

          I got ready as fast as I could. I didn't pack much. I was just wanted to reach my Subhadra as soon as possible. And if there was a marriage I was sure Rebti bhabi and Rukmini bhabi will not let me wear my dresses any way. I reached the forest and signaled the thestral to come.

The gigantic creature came to me. There was beauty in everything of my world. But these are the most misunderstood creatures. I touched the skeleton body of it. It gave a nip on my shoulder that it understood me and my inner emotions. They were brilliant creatures really.

"It understand you love. You can ride with it without any thought." Kumar Nakul said from behind.

"I know.. " I said. He came to me and gave a small kiss before saying,

"When you are returning back?"

"Soon. Take care of everyone."

"I will."

"Keep an eye on healers region behind my back."

"I will."

"Take care of my love when I'm gone."

"He wants you to not go." He said chuckling.

"I'll be back very soon. Farewell my dear." I said climbing up.

"Farewell my love."

        He said giving the thestral a strong pat that signals to go. Soon i rode hard. Slaying the wind. Until I see the city of Dwarika at far. I choose to ride over ocean rather city. I saw some people on the sea shore. Lots of children. They were astonishingly looking at me as most of them could not see the creature I was riding. Two other people were also there. Bhrata krishn and mamashree shakuni. I Signalled my ride to put me down as I climbed down the thestral flew towards the forest. A tiny voice yelled

"Bua maa.. "

       I saw a little child running towards me. Pradumn. My little nephew. Bhrata krishn's son. I scooped the little guy up who just clinged to my neck. I was astonished by his memory he met me twice. Once when he was born. I had to came as Rukmini bhabi had a difficult pregnancy, and she requested my presence. She said Pradumn would not be there if I didn't came. That's why Pradumn calls me Bua Maa instead of just Bua. Then once when he was only 2 years old. Yet he remembered me.

"How is my handsome nephew?" I asked him.

"Very well Bua maa.." He said.

"That's amazing... Are you behaving well little mr?"

"Yes. I learned so many things from pitashree." He answered. "But he doesn't want me to learn weapon. Will you teach me this time... Please Bua Maa.."

"Your Bua maa isn't even entered Dwarika and you are complaining about me Pradumn... " Bhrata krishn said chuckling. Pradumn got down from my arms and said.

"I didn't complain. Bua(subhadra) said Bua maa can teach me weapons if no one wants to. I was only asking." I smiled.

"Ok. Now run to palace and inform everyone that your Bua maa is here. Go.." Bhrata krishn instructed him. And he did.

"Pranam bhrata krishn." I touched his feet. He blessed me. I turned to mamashree shakuni and touched his feet as well. First time ever he genuinely blessed me.

"Sada sukhi reh putri."

"I should go and meet everyone." I said and left. I heard them talking.

"Adrika returned home after ages. I'm glad even you can't stop yourself from adoring my sister."

"Vasudev when prakriti bowed down to your feet it's impossible to not bless her. She is pure. And that what i respect about her." Mamashree shakuni said.

         I reached the palace met with my  bhabhis and baldau. He was just excited about his sister's wedding. That's all. Rukmini bhabi looked like she wanted to say a lot but everyone else were also surrounded me so she just said

"Adrika, let me take you to Subhadra." I nodded. On our way she fed me everything in details. Then she informed me crying that subhadra was so sad.

"Bhabhi! It's a shame that you cry when I'm here. I promise you bhabhi, I Will not let My Subhadra marry against her will." I said.

"Adrike.. Jethji.. " She tried to say.

"Dau can't deny me. But if he did, have faith on your husband." I said to her.

          She hugged me... My soft bhabhi. But I needed to make my self strong enough because Subhadra will going to be a emotional mess. We entered the chamber. As I was hoping Subhadra was sitting in a corner drifting away. She didn't noticed our presence. Tears stained the clothes she was wearing. My heart broke. My innocent Subhadra. Yes this pain was for a short moment but she wasn't supposed to go through this.

"Ekaant... " I yelled. To which the maids quietly left. And Subhadra looked up to meet my eyes. A brief relief crossed her face before she cried and said

"Jiji... " She ran into my arms. "Jiji.. Why you are so late.. They.. They.. Marry.. I.. I.. " She struggled to talk. I ran my free hand on her head.

"Shhh... Sh.. My sweet. No one is going to marry you off without your will." I said. She looked up to me again tried to say something but only jumble up things came out. So I continued.

"Listen to me.. Do you trust your jiji... Then don't object to anything that is happening... No.. No.. Listen trust me. In the end everything will be what you are dreaming. Ok." She nodded crying.

"Now get up.. And get ready.. Any moment now you need to go somewhere.."

      I left her and went to meet bhrata krishn. We discussed some affairs. He instructed me to stay around the marriage area. I changed into something that I choose from several outfits Rebti bhabi brought. A light coloured outfit with minimal jewellery.

I met several people including mata kunti and pitamah vishm. But secretly I was waiting for bhrata krishn to come and announce Subhadra's missing. When it happened I need to bite my tongue hard to stop myself from laughing at bhrata krishn's pretend sorrow. My brother and his leela. He let everyone know that it was Subhadra who abducted Arjun not the other way around so they couldn't fight her. Then pitamah vishm objects about bakdan has already done for subhadra so it means she was already married. To which bhrata krishn said bakdan means the permission from parents. In all these ethical talking and argument mamashree shakuni said something that wasn't expected.

"Dwarika has another princess. Sure princess Subhadra can't marry my dear nephew but Princess Adrika can for sake of relationship between dwarika and hastinapur." This I need to answer.

"Mamashree after knowing me so well how dare you expect me to marry for your political propaganda. A replacement bride.. Who do you think I am? I will burn your whole kingdom before you even think about putting water." I said coldly.

"This threat is not your place to make Princess Adrika... Affront is ours." King said.

"Kakashree Vidur what are the constraints of marring an Empress?" I asked giving a hint that was no princess.

"The groom has to take a designation called Prince consort. That means he will not rule a kingdom ever." He answered. Their faces turn black. And I continued.

"Besides my people already accepted their prince consort. Pandu putra Nakul. So no. I'll never marry anyone else."

         Then they threatened to attack dwarika and pandavas would also join them. My brother countered that Subhadra was married to Arjun, if they didn't accept them that means they were declaring the independence of Indraprastha. They had to sit back and accept the marriage. My subhadra was beaming to marry the man of her dreams. The couple took blessing from everyone. Royal Family left only leaving kakashree vidur and mata kunti. Arjun subhadra approached me to take my blessing as I was elder sister of subhadra. I stopped them and hugged my sister.

"Lead a life of satisfaction my sweet..." I said.

"And me? No blessing for me jiji.." Arjun asked.

"Our relationship always been a complicated one. Now I'm elder than you then I'll be younger after some time. What do you suggest we should do to make a uniformity?" I asked him.

"I always see you and Maadhav as same Adrika. If I think one another has to cross thoughts. So our relationship will be the same, call me Parth. As Maadhav does." He said. But how that could be.. Me as same as my deity.

"Uchit hai." Bhrata krishn said. And nodded to me. Jesi apki icchha bhratashree.

"Alright. What ever changes happen in our relationships I will be Adrika to you and you... Parth".....

( suitable it is.

What ever you say)

An
Wow... Longest chapter I ever wrote... Please please please vote and comment...
Love
Pragya..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 2.5K 53
𝙰𝚗 𝚎𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛.. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚟𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛...
17K 655 14
Krisha a sweet and caring person who doesn't even have a single mean cell in her body who rules everyone with her heart and has everyone wrapped arou...
16.8K 775 38
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞." 𝐌𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐚...
46.9K 2.5K 32
What if there was a twin of Shrutakarma and that too a GIRL? What if she was ignored by her parents? What if she got the fatherly love from the perso...