I'm Never Yours

By CarineCamilton

Not once would she ever thought her life would turn upside down one day but everything she'd always believed... More

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

34 0 0
By CarineCamilton

"I know I'm selfish, but I would never let you go."
                                                                   - Lucian Black
***

"Bullshit !"

A loud and ugly screech of the chair scraping against the floor could be heard the moment I stood up instantly when I realised what he'd just said.

All I could feel in that moment was that burning sensation in my heart, I was fuming with anger.

I stared at him with disgust, "What the fuck is your problem ?! I didn't know people these days are that rude. Even though you're some sort of a rich guy doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. Sorry to break it to you but I'm NOT a prostitute."

What he had just said definitely got on my last nerve.

I swiftly grabbed my bag on the chair and strutted towards the door but the moment I walked past him he got up and grabbed my arm so quickly that I couldn't even process what had just happened.

And just like that, I was pulled towards his hard chest, his fingers wrapped around my wrist so tightly that I could feel the blood cutting off my hand.

My heart slammed in my chest painfully, and for once in my life I felt so threatened and small. I could feel my eyes brimming with tears but I tried my very best to push them back, I know if I showed even a slight trace of fear he would take advantage of that. And I couldn't afford that.

So with my feigned bravery, I looked up and stared straight into his eyes.

But the second my eyes met with his, I froze. His eyes were so cold, so empty and emotionless. I got the chills and goosebumps almost instantly.

Then, his face moved closer and closer to mine and my eyes widened ever so slightly with his every movement but I couldn't move, I felt as if I was paralysed on the spot.

Couldn't take it anymore, I finally surrendered. I closed my eyes tightly, ready to brace whatever he was planning to do.

A second passed.

And another.

The hard thumps of my heart could be heard loud and clear. But nothing happened.

Just when I thought he wasn't trying anything, his warm, minty breath caressed the side of my face.

I swallowed hard, a mix of fear, anxiety and - anticipation ? swarmed through my mind.

Then ... he laughed.

He freaking laughed.

I clenched my fists, to think that I was actually anticipating something just a second ago infuriates me but for the most part of it, I feel ashamed of myself.

How can you be so horny, Rosie ! Now he's mocking you !

Mustering all my energy and the little amount of dignity that I have left, I pushed him away as far away as possible.

"I thought you quite enjoyed it just a moment ago, what happened ?" He smirked.

"Just cut it. What do you want from me ?"

"Didn't I tell you earlier? I want you." He took a step towards me.

I stepped back a bit, " Honestly, one I'm not one of your sluts and two I would've never ever have sex with you for as long as I live. So if you'd excuse me, I'm gonna leave now."

For a moment, I thought he was going to say something rude back to me but surprisingly he just gave me a look. A look that I couldn't really decipher, it was as if he knew what I'd just said would've come back and bite me in the future.

But I ignored him and swiftly turned around as I walked towards the cafe door.

"I hope you can keep your word, Miss.Blaine. See you soon."

My heart skipped a beat as soon as I heard the last three words. But I didn't stop, I continued to walk as if I didn't hear a word.

The whole drive back home was such a blur, the whole time my mind was occupied by what happened just now. It's not every day that you would encounter something so weird ...

See you soon ? What does he mean by that ?

No. I'm sure he's just messing with my mind ...

" Rosieeee are you still here ?"

I broke my trance when I heard Ellie's voice through the speaker of my phone, finally remembering that I was talking to her after I showered.

"Yes, yes. I'm sorry. What did you just say?"

"I said, I can't believe he did that. But honestly, is he hot ?" From the sound of her voice, I already knew she's fantasising about him and probably already made up a whole story of him and I which would've never happened in real life.

"Ugh, Ellie. Just stop imagining things already."

"No just think about it Rosie! What if, what if he has been in love with you a long time ago and he's been watching you from the shadows all along ! Like I couldn't really find any other reasons as to why he's approaching you out of the blue."

I couldn't stop myself from smiling at her silly thoughts, I swear no one could ever guess what her mind is thinking.

" Ellie, that can only ever happen in those sappy teen romance fictions. This is real life ! And besides, if I'd seen someone as cute as him, I don't think I would ever forget."

"Ha! So you're saying he's cute after all !"

"NO, I didn't."

"Yes, you did !"

"NO!"

"Yes, you definitely -"

A knock on my door interrupted us.

"Rosaline, it's mum." I frowned, her voice seemed a bit off.

Usually my mum and stepdad sleep really early but the fact that my mum knocks on my door at 1 in the morning means that something terrible must have happened ...

"Uh Ellie, sorry I got to go now. Call you later." I ended the call right before my mum opened the door.

However when she stepped in, I was taken aback by her red teary eyes.

I quickly got up from my bed and walked towards her.

"What's wrong mum?" I asked her worriedly. I haven't seen her cry like this ever since my dad got into a car accident eight years ago.

She shook her head and kept on apologising while I got more and more confused by the second.

"What actually happened mum? Did Bill do anything to you?" I went up and gave her a big bear hug.

When I first met Bill, it was five years ago. Him and mum were colleagues at that time when she changed job to a new publishing company. They sure did fall in love fast and got married a year later. Though Bill always give me weird looks that made me feel so uncomfortable, I didn't tell her at that time because that's probably the first time in three years that she actually smiled genuinely. However if he ever did something to mum, I would never forgive him.

I instinctively hugged her tighter at this thought. We finally pulled apart when she started to calm down.

She put her hand on the side of my face then smoothened out my hair as she stared at me with sadness ...

"Mum, stop scaring me. What's going on ?"

She sighed, tears starting to well up in her eyes, "My baby, I'm so so sorry. I didn't know it would turn out like that. You need to forgive Bill, I'm sure he wasn't thinking straight at that time !"

"Did he hit you ? Mum, I swear -"

"Baby, you need to go now. Leave home and go to another state for awhile. I-I couldn't protect you anymore. I-"

"MUM ! What are you talking about ? If this is a joke, stop ! It isn't funny anymore !"

"Rosaline, you need to trust me! I-I checked Bill's phone the other day and I found out that he made a deal with a guy and the deal is that he will give Bill the money he needed and in return that guy will have you."

As if there's a lump in my throat, I was speechless. My eyes blurred instantly, I knew very well what exactly she's talking about but -

"No mum, you're kidding." I shook my head, forcing a smile on my face. "You've got to be kidding. There's no way ..."

My voice got softer and softer when I looked at her expression. Tears finally trickled down my cheeks as if the dam has broken.

After what seems like forever, I managed to find my voice again. "Why ? Why did Bill do that ?"

She looked down guiltily, "He lost a lot of money in the stock market a while ago ..."

I closed my eyes, "How much ?"

"A-Around $250000."

I let out a sneer. So my life is only worth $250000.

My mum hugged me again, "Rosie, it doesn't matter now. I won't let him take you. You need to leave tonight, that guy is going to come here tomorrow." She pulled away and took a small envelope out of her bra, "Here. Take this. This is some money that I've saved up for you. When the time is right, I'll call you to come back !"

My urge to cry arises again, "What about you, Mum ? Bill is gonna be mad when he found out you helped me ! Mum just come with me, we can start a new life without him."

Mum didn't answer me but just reassured me again that she's going to be fine.

After that, everything was like a blur. I left home with only a small backpack with all the daily necessities and some clothes then went to a nearby hotel for the rest of the night.

All I could feel that night was sadness, betrayal and loneliness ...

xxx

What do you guys think of this chapter ? :)
-kat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...