Fight

By motherfuckerplease

In the hot and dangerous streets of Miami Damian Thorn, once a resident now turned professional MMA fighter r... More

miami
1
2
3
4
5
7
8

6

1.4K 112 21
By motherfuckerplease

The diner was full. Every seat was taken up with people. Everyone was waiting to see him arrive across the street. The commotion from last time prompted Martins gym to hire security along with the police to keep order. So now everyone piled in the diner to avoid getting in trouble.

There was paparazzi crowding the windows setting up and getting ready. Fan girls wearing tight dresses and short skirts squealing in every corner. People of all kind watching, waiting for the great Damian Thorn.

"Is that all?" I asked a distracted customer. "Yeah," They said staring at the windows. "Have you seen him?" Somebody else chimed in, a fan girl. "Yeah, uh we saw him the first day he went to the gym," I said. Her eyes lit up, "Was he as hot as he is on tv?" She asked. Yes.

"Hotter," Another waitress spoke behind me. Cassy, a tall brunette. "He's like the best looking person ever," She said. "Really?" The fan girl asked. "Yeah, I can't believe he's from here, I feel like I would've noticed a guy like him," Cassy said. "Ugh, me too! I was just talking about it with my friends, where the hell was he before? How could we have missed such a fucking man," The fan girl said.

"Wait till you see him in person. He completely blows away all your expectations," Cassy said. The fan girls mouth dropped. "Right Lena?" Cassy said. I nodded looking down. Even if I some how managed to stay away from him this summer I still had to hear about him everyday. Constantly, all the time.

"Your order should be out soon sir," I said to the customer I had been waiting on. I turned away walking towards the kitchen, weaving through the mass of bodies.

I put the ticket on the rotator. It was hard finding space, for the first time in a while it was completely full. The kitchen staff seemed overwhelmed, even our manager Ricky was helping them out. I knew money was going to be good tonight but at what risk?

"There he is!" Someone gasped. The whole diner erupted into whispers and craning necks. Everyone stood up crowding the window. Some left their food right at the tables to step outside. Cameras were flashing nonstop I could barely make out the black SUV pulling in across the street.

"Damn," The fan girl said. Gasps filled the crowd as he stepped out of the car. A plain black t shirt, a little tight on his chest, spreading it's self across his pecs and biceps. Black sweat pants and a pair of black and white Jordan's. He looked good, he was rich and famous now. He could afford too.

His manager followed behind him. Just as mean as she always looked. Damian turned around to look at the crowd. He slid off his sunglasses, his handsome face coming into view. He smiled and waved at all the people before disappearing into the gym. Noise filled the diner getting louder and louder.

"Did you see him?," Someone said. "Jesus, I know," Another person added. "I want him to punch me in the face," Another voice chimed in. Kate stood beside me. "Doesn't it piss you off," She whispered. "What?" I asked. "You working your ass off just to skate by and this man arrives in a hundred thousand dollar SUV Cadillac," She said. I thought for a moment. "No," I said. "It's the life he always wanted, I'm happy with my son, I'm not gonna beg him for cash. I survived three years and I can survive plenty more," I said. "But do you wanna keep surviving?" Kate asked. "Hey, I thought you were on my side?" I asked. "I am," She said quickly. "Its just-now when I see him-knowing what you went through alone, I feel like he owes you money at least," Kate said.

"He's practically swimming in it. Do you know how much he made from that match alone?" Kate asked. "I googled it, he got paid a hundred and fifty million from the match and an additional two hundred million in endorsements, that was all from one match. He's fucking filthy rich and-he owes you Lena. He owes you big time," Kate said. "I don't care, for him to give me money he'd have to know why, why I never pursued any career, why I work at the diner, why I carry a baby around with his face on it and I don't want him to know. He had his chance," I said. "That's fair, I know we already talked about it but humor me. What's the worst that could happen?" She asked.

I took a deep breath. "I could end up embarrassing myself again. Or even worse, what if he tried to take Mateo away?" I said quietly. "Oh come on, do you think he'd really do that?" Kate said. "I don't know, I haven't known Damian in three years," I said.

"Excuse me!" A shrill voice rang through the air. "Pardon me, I need to get through!" It got louder pushing through the crowd. The person came into view. It was Mrs. Skosha. She was holding Mateo in his arms. "What are you doing here! My shift doesn't end until six hours from now," I said. "I know but I wanted to see him! Did he already come?" Mrs, Skosha asked. My jaw dropped, "Mrs. Skosha you cannot be around right now!" I said. "Why not! I wanna enjoy the excitement. Look I brought my camera, maybe Damian will recognize me and I can get a picture with him and Mateo!" She said excitedly.

"Absolutely not, I don't want him around this commotion," I said looking over at my son. He was drooling all over a toy truck. "Oh come on. It'll be so cool! I know you and Damian had some issues but little Mateo should get to know his father," She said.

My eyes bugged out of my head. Kate choked on her spit. "W-What?," I said. "Keep it down Mrs. Skosha!" Kate scolded. "Oh come on! You think I didn't know?" She said. "W-Well-I," I stuttered feeling my palms get sweaty. "Damian left three years ago, Mateo is two and a few months, come on!" She said. I gaped at her.

"And I mean look at him!" She said pointing to my son. He was still drooling on the toy, looking around wide eyed at all the people. "Why do you think I always ask about Damian? I knew from the moment you knocked on my door and asked to babysit," She said. Mateo reached is chubby little fingers towards me. I picked him up. I looked down at him, he was the light of m life. My everything. His brown eyes were so familiar it devastated me. He cuddled into my chest.

"Mrs. Skosha, with all do respect I do not want Damian to know about this. As far as I am concerned its none of his business," I said. She frowned. "I respect your wishes, only because I trust you and it's probably for a good reason. He did just up and leave after finding out you were having his baby," She said. Kate's face scrunched up, "He didn't know," She blurted out.

"Kate!" I said looking back at her. Mrs. Skosha gasped, "He doesn't even know?" She yelled. "Shh, please be quiet," I said. "Lena! That is un-acceptable! How could you not tell him!" She screamed. People started to look at us. "Like you said I have my reasons," I said. "But I mean doesn't he deserve to know? Wouldn't you want to know?" She asked.

I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves again. "I tried. He didn't want to here it," I seethed through my teeth. Mrs. Skosha's eyebrows furrowed. "Please, just respect my wishes and keep this under wraps Damian abandoned us and I will not beg for his attention," I whispered.

"Well technically Damian abandoned you, Mateo deserves for his own father to know. Damian hasn't even been given the opportunity to make a decision Lena," She said. I closed my eyes. "Mrs. Skosha, I tried. I'm tired of explaining this over and over again. I tried to tell him and he didn't want to hear, do you get it? He didn't want to listen, I am not gonna beg him to recognize his own child. Mateo deserves more than that," I said.

Mrs. Skosha quieted down agreeing silently.

"I'm still getting a picture with him by myself," She said. "Ooo! Me too!" Kate said. I looked at her. "What! He may be a deadbeat dad but he's still like the most famous person on earth right now," Kate said. 

"Ok whatever. I'll get you a table in the kitchen for you and Mateo to hang out for a while and wait for Damian to come back out. Don't be too disappointed, theres a lot of people waiting for the same thing," I said. "That's okay! I have nothing else to do anyway. Me and Mateo were getting so bored in the house, isn't that right my little niñito!" She cooed taking him from my arms.

I led her to the kitchen, into a small corner where she set up a blanket on the table and a high chair. She placed toys on the high chair seat and got comfortable. She was really good at keeping him entertained for hours without needing to move much. Maybe a little walking up and down the kitchen but that was all.

-

Hours passed and the diner seemed to get more and more full. Ricky was now about to put up a capacity sign outside.

A man with expensive looking sunglasses stepped into the diner. He was wearing designer, he didn't seem like he was from around here. I watched as he got seated into my section, he was looking around seeming out of. "Hello, what can I get for you?" I asked the new customer.

He looked up at me pausing for a moment. "Hello," He said smiling. "Do you guys sell iced coffee?" He asked. "But we do have ice and we do have coffee, I can make it for you if you'd like," I said. "Perfect, its really hot here. Is it always so hot?" He asked. I laughed. "Your not from around here?" I asked. He took his sunglasses off, he was handsome. Sharp jawline pretty hazel eyes. "Uh no, I'm here on business," He said. "Oh cool. Enjoy Miami!" I said turning around.

"What about you?" He called out forcing me to turn back around. "Why don't you seem as star gazed as everyone in here?" He asked. "Um-not a sports person," I said. His eyes narrowed, "Interesting-" He said eyes flickering downward towards my name tag. "Lena," He smiled.

"You're not a fan of sports but are you a fan of Damian, everyone seems to be," He said. My eyes widened. "I uh-I actually know him, that's why I'm here. I'm his publicist, if you let me take you out I could introduce you," He proposed. "Oh, no. I'm okay. Not really my thing," I awkwardly laughed.

He looked at me confused.

"What?" I asked. "Nothing, I just never met a girl whose not completely head over heels for him," He said. I tried to avoid his gaze. "Let me just take you out then. No Damian," He said. He was cute, but I how dumb it would be to get involved with Damians publicist. I wasn't even looking to date, I didn't have the time.

"Thank you but I'm busy with my son and all," I said. That line always pushed them away. His eyes widened, "Oh, shit. Your so young-not that you can't be young and have a kid. Fuck I sound like an asshole-wait no thats cool. Cool, you have a kid, I was busy anyway-um can I just get the coffee then, and a blueberry muffin if you have it?" He asked.

I nodded and smiled.

It was starting already. First his publicist, then Lucia, and eventually Damian. It was only the second day. I turned to go complete his order.

-

I had one hour left into my shift. My feet hurt so badly and I was beyond tired. The publicist guy had left a while ago leaving a real nice tip. It was so busy, I didn't think I could keep this up. How often were they gonna show up like this?

"Here he comes again!" A voice called out. The same thing was happening again, by now I was tired of it. I went into the kitchen to take over for Mrs. Skosha so she and Kate could get there pictures.

We I walked passed the door I saw the kitchen staff disrobing. Some where already hanging there aprons on the wall. "Where are you guys going?" I asked. "To go take a pic with the mega star Lena, where else?" Tim said, a cook.

"I'm giving everyone fifteen minutes," Ricky said hanging his own apron on the wall. "Mrs. Skosha!" Ricky yelled. "I'm coming! I'm just restocking the film!" She said from the corner of the kitchen.

"I'm gonna ask him to sign my spatula," Adam said, another cook. "Fuck, I should've brought something for him to sign," Tim said. "Don't worry, he'll be back tomorrow," Ricky said. "I'm gonna get him to sign a bunch if stuff, gonna make bank on eBay," Ricky added.

I made my way over to my son. He was covered in macaroni, he had been eating with his hands, his little teeth chewing through the noodles. He squealed when I came into view. "Lena, watch the kitchen, we turned everything off so don't worry to much," Ricky said as he walked out the door.

I watched as everyone emptied out of the kitchen.

I was all alone again. Well not entirely, "mamamaaam," Mateo smiled at me reaching his hands out. I whipped his face and pulled him out of the chair. I hugged him to my chest, he looked up at me smiling. It's like me knew I was upset ans he was trying to cheer me up. "mama," He said. My heart filled with warmth as I stared down at him. My chest filled up with sadness.

It really was just him and me. He was my little boy. He put his chubby fingers on my face and shot me a lop sided smile showing off his tiny little teeth. "I love you too Mateo," I sniffled. "I love you so much," I cried hugging him into my chest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.6K 1.1K 44
Book 2 Siempre. Always. That's how I thought it would be. That's how I thought we would be. But we weren't, because she was gone even before our sto...
39.9K 1.4K 31
Creating an online profile on a secretive dating website seemed harmless at the time. But after getting very close with one guy in particular: tellin...
253K 5.7K 42
"I can't hold on when I'm stretched so thin, I make the right moves, but I'm lost within, I put on my daily façade, but then, I just end up gettin' h...
1.3K 119 35
Seraphina Cruz is an underground street fighter known as Phoenix. She is undefeated and an all around badass. She hates being around people unless sh...