A Witch Thing | Jasper Hale x...

By Mrs--Marvel

What if witches existed and no one even knew? And what if a witch finds her One, who just so happens to be on... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 7

12.8K 389 384
By Mrs--Marvel

There was a section about magic channeling and intensity that caught even more of her attention. In that section, it gave different ways that she could improve her magic and help to control it a bit more. She could take something very dear to her and put a spell on it that would allow her control her magic, but seeing as she didn't have anything like that, she quickly turned that one down.

Another one was a charm that would hold the same function, like a necklace, a bracelet or keychain, something small that could easily be carried around wherever she went. That one was declined as well, it just didn't work for her.

Another one actually grabbed her attention. It spoke of wands and wand making.

"'A wand is a largely used tool for witches or warlocks who want to channel and control their magic easily. Wands seem to work best when made by their owner, thought buying them from shops is another way to go. If you choose to buy from a wand shop, I recommend ones in New Orleans, as it is a city that a lot of witches resign in, a few voodoo shops in the city are real and, if you speak correctly, you will be able to get a wand there, as I did with my first one.'"

Y/N spoke, "Seeing as New Orleans is a two day drive or a six to seven hour flight...I'll make my own. I hope I have the right supplies..."

'The tools you will need to make your own wand is a type of wood that most displays outward appearance, a supernatural item as a core that most connects with the witch, and a spell or two. The following is a list of the possible cores: vampire venom, werewolf hair, familiar hair/feather/scale, shifter hair/feather/scale, or witch tears. The familiar core is a recommended core, as a familiar is a companion that is connected through you by your soul, heart, and mind. If you are unsure of how to get said ingredients, the spells are below.'

"Thank you so much." She muttered to herself.

Below was a spell that required a few chips of different tree barks, another spell spoke of how to combine the wand wood and core once you have the two, and another spoke of how to complete the wand.

Y/N bit her lip and said, "Uh..Jasper?"

A moment later, he was standing at her door frame, a smile on his face as he asked what she needed. "This might be a strange question, but do you, by any chance, know of all the trees you have in those woods?"

-

Y/N sat at the desk in the room with the wood chips sitting carefully on it. She had a rather large variety of them, surprised by how many there actually were. She closed her eyes and hovered her hands over the wood, looking back at the book as she copied what it said to do.

She took in a deep breath and muttered the spell under her breath. She spoke the spell five times as instructed and looked back at the desk. Something caught her eyes as she drew her attention to the piece of wood hovering in the air in front of her face. She reached out and grabbed it with a smile.

When she touched the wood, it identified itself as a Black Walnut wood. She searched in the book and read the meaning of it.

'The Black Walnut wand wood is a wand for witches and warlocks with good instinct and powerful insight. If the wand owner practices any shape or form of self-deception and dishonesty in oneself, it loses its power drastically and should be met with a new owner to regain its former power. However, this wand is one of the most loyal there are when met with an owner who is sincere to oneself and extremely self-aware. It is less common among the witches, but is ultimately one of the most impressive wands when met with the right master.'

Y/N smiled as she set the bark to the side, putting the rest of it in a small drawer in the mini-dresser next to the desk. She read the cores again and muttered, "Well, I don't have any of these cores except for vampire hair and witch tears, but I'm not making myself cry for a wand."

She read the section on cores that described a vampire core.

'Depending on the vampire the venom comes from, the wand will have a certain degree of divinity. If the vampire's aura is relatively dark and twisted, the wand will have some a small amount of restraint against the more innocent spells on the side of healing but will likely prosper in duel or martial areas. If the aura is relatively light and clear, the wand will be slightly hesitant to perform spells that are meant to hurt or especially kill a person. If the aura is somewhat in between the above, the wand is very likely to act on your accord, along with the accord of itself, refusing to hurt or heal, depending on what it feels is best for its owner. The vampire venom core has a very loyal bond with its first owner. It is very versatile and can be either Light or Dark. It is not likely to be won over by another witch or warlock and will stay true to its first possessor. Has the potential to be a very impressive and powerful wand, depending on the potential of its owner.'

Y/N shrugged, "Sounds good to me." She stood from her seat and made her way downstairs to where Jasper was. She walked over to Jasper, who looked at her with a smile. "How's the spell coming along?"

"So far, so good. I just need something..." She told him. He asked her with a shrug, "Whatever you need."

"Venom."

"I beg your pardon?" He asked.

"I need venom. Preferably yours."

"Why mine?"

"It's okay, I can ask Carlisle." She looked up and over to the doctor who was watching the scene play out from his spot on the couch next to Esme. Jasper shook his head, "No, it's okay. I can give you some, I'm just curious as to why you need it..."

Y/N chewed on her lip, "You'll see."

He narrowed his eyes at her, giving her a look, "Okay..." He got up, leaving the room. Y/N shrugged and retreated back to her room to look over the spell before she performed it. A few minutes later, Jasper appeared with a small vial of some of his venom.

"And this is your venom?" She asked, double checking. "My venom."

She smiled and set it next to the wood, "Great. I just need to go collect a branch from the tree this came from."

Jasper followed her outside and they both walked through the wood close to the house to find the bark of a Black Walnut tree. When they finally found one, Jasper jumped up, grabbing a branch from off the tree. It wasn't big, but it was just enough for the spell.

They got back to the house and Y/N put the vial and branch on the desk. She picked up the grimoire and began to read the spells a few times in her head before speaking it. Jasper stayed by the door, a safe distance away from the magic. She took a breath and directed the spell to the branch first, the spell meant to made the wand shape.

She closed her eyes and muttered the spell. The branch began to shake as she spoke the words, it began to shed, the remains left as dust. What was left was an 11 inch wand with a deep brown color. It was smooth to the touch and had a handle with a little bit of design to it.

The next step was to pour the venom onto the tip of the wand while muttering a Latin word. She did so carefully, articulating the word while the venom poured onto the wand and seeped into the wood. Where the venom touched the outside of the wood, there was a very slight silvery color left behind, all the venom otherwise inside of the wand.

She smiled at how well things seemed to be going. She then picked up the wand and closed her eyes, muttering a spell while hovering her free hand over the wand. When the spell was done, you could tell by the way the wand shot a spark out of the end.

Y/N smiled and showed Jasper the wand, "That is why I needed your venom."

Jasper examined the wand closely in awe, "And Carlisle was your second choice?"

Y/N explained, "Yea. The thing with vampire venom cores is that, based on the aura of that vampire, the wand will react a specific way. With your venom, the wand would choose as I do, though that's the same with Carlisle's. The difference is that, in a situation of helping and hurting, the wand would act based on how it would benefit me with your venom. If I had Carlisle's, the wand would be hesitant to hurt or kill anyone, but it would if it needed to. If I'd gotten...let's say James' for the sake of examples, the wand would be flawed in healing and helping, but it would prosper in duel or martial magic. So, in short, with your venom, the wand does what benefits me. And it's a loyal helper."

Jasper nodded, generally understanding. "So it has a mind of its own?"

"Pretty much."

"With my venom, the wand will protect your goodwill. With Carlisle's, it'll protect anyone's goodwill. With James', it would do the exact opposite of Carlisle's."

"Yes and no. The wand would be loyal to me and do what I say, but the odds of a full help...aren't very high..."

He nodded in understanding, "It's amazing. You did an amazing job."

"Thanks, Jazz." She said. He smiled, "Now go show it off."

They both smiled and headed downstairs, showing everyone the wand Y/N just made.

-

Thankfully, Y/N didn't have to return to the mall with Alice. On the night of prom, Rosalie and Alice had joined Y/N in her room as they got ready together. Alice was rummaging through Y/N's wardrobe as she complained about only have a few selections to wear.

Y/N let out a small chuckle as she said, "You picked these out, Alice." She stopped and nodded, "I did, didn't I?"

She turned back to the closet and continued to look for more dresses for you to choose from. "We should've gone last minute dress shopping..." She muttered.

Y/N and Rosalie exchanged a look, a small smile growing on their faces. The two had gotten along well enough throughout the very short time Y/N had been with them. Y/N would sometimes practice magic with her, mostly when Jasper wasn't home, and show her what she had learned so far.

Alice gasped loudly from the large closet. Y/N looked over and asked it she was all right. Alice came out of the closet, holding a dress up with a large smile. "I have excellent taste!" She exclaimed.

She held the dress up to Y/N to see how it looked on her and exclaimed. "It's perfect!" She exclaimed, handing the dress to the concerned witch.

Y/N grabbed the dress and looked at it, Alice quickly walking up to her and shoving her in the bathroom to change. She took a moment to look at the dress, uncertain of how she would look in it. Y/N sighed and began to put on the clothing, slowly stepping out as she chewed on her lip.

"Don't do that! It's not good for you." Alice scolded before she finally looked at her in the dress.

The dress was long and flowing, decorated with intricate lace that covered the soft velvet, off the shoulder sleeves traveling down her arms in the same lace. Her feet were wrapped in heels you could not walk in, but Alice would not let her go to the dance in sneakers or just plain flats.

Alice made her do a little twirl before exclaiming again. Rosalie nodded, "It looks great on you. Now come here so I can do your hair."

Y/N walked over to Rosalie and sat down in the chair in front of her, letting her do her hair as she made a couple braids in the front that she wrapped around in a crown. Alice and Rosalie got their dresses on and showed them off to her. Y/N nodded with a smile, confirming their obvious beauty.

When they finished getting ready, the three finally stepped out of the room and went down to the living area. Esme and Carlisle were waiting with the boys, excluding Edward who had gone to get Bella.

They all stood as the girls came down the hall. Alice and Rosalie had gone down first, Y/N following as she built up her courage, still unsure of the fact that she looked beautiful in the dress.

Emmett smiled wide when he saw Rosalie come down in her dress. She came to stand next to Emmett, earning a kiss from him as he gave her a compliment. Alice had come down and Jasper gave her a soft smile as she came to stand in the room with him. Y/N took a deep breath and followed after, getting down the stairs finally after her moment of hesitation.

When Jasper saw her, his mouth hung open very slightly, unable to contain his awe at her beauty. He quickly composed himself as he watched her come down the stairs. She smiled nervously and Esme and Carlisle walked up to her, taking her hands reassuringly as they told her, "You look beautiful, Y/N."

She smiled a thanks and Jasper spoke up, "You do. You look lovely." She blushed slightly at his compliment and thanked him gently, "Thank you."

Carlisle and Esme took Emmett and Rosalie's picture with smiles. Since neither Jasper, Y/N, or Alice had dates, they had agreed on just going together instead. So, the three of them stood together, Y/N and Alice on either side of Jasper as they smiled for the camera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

511K 18.2K 49
"The past fabricates our exposition, but it is not the whole story." Having the well known and beloved Alice as her twin, Hannah has always had...
1.6M 52.8K 84
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐃| ❝︎Why are you so paranoid?❞︎ ❝︎Why aren't you?❞ 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐞 �...
43K 1.2K 35
THIS BOOK IS CRINGE AND NEEDS A COMPLETE OVERHAUL. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! [COMPLETED] [IN LINE FOR EDITING] {Book 1} From what we know, Vampires, W...
76.6K 1.6K 74
Attachments are bad, or they were until I was sent to a foster family in Forks. The Blacks wanted to take me in, not just to a family but to an insan...