Fire: To Hurt or Heal

By HeirOfPersassy

My first fic. Beginning will have some cliche stuff but I will try to make it as original as possible. Percy... More

Savior
A/N
Prince
Training and Solstice
A/N EDITED
Arrival & Fight
Fire's Rage and Love
A/N: Thank You
Life and Fire's Fury
Return & A New Home
A/N
Nightmares & Horror
A/N
Darkness
Of Monsters and Love
2k Reads: Thank You
Important:

The Beginning

1.8K 27 7
By HeirOfPersassy

Fire: To Hurt or Heal

Disclaimer: I don't own PJO/HoO and all they entail, Rick Riordan does.

A/N: I'm going to sum up parts of this because the start has been done so many times before. Also, I'm working on a better cover.

The Beginning:

3RD POV:

Life at Camp Half-Blood had never been better.

After the Giant War, the 7 were offered godhood. All except Percy Jackson accepted, and he used his wish to give Hades and Hestia back their thrones. Then everything returned to normal, with some changes.

The 5 Gods (Annabeth chose to work on Olympus) became the overseers of the camp in the place of Dionysus and the camp prospered because of it.

Under the new godly oversight, parties of campers and satyrs began to bring back a larger number of demigods to the camp.

It all started when one of those parties returned with a son of Ares by the name of Jay Cooper.

Upon his entrance to the camp he slew a single hellhound without any training. While his ego was already massive, this feat (and the campers subsequent adoration) sent it sky-high (where Zeus looked upon it warily as it rivaled his own.)

As he settled into the camp, he began to hear stories of one Perseus Achilles Jackson. After hearing of this hero's exploits from every camper, he started to form a plan. He decided that as he was the greatest hero to exist (in his opinion) that there should be none around to challenge him for the title.

So he began to do simple things, like stomp on Katie Gardner's flowers, tell Chiron of the pranks the Stoll twins were planning, steal the Aphrodite cabin's entire supply of pink glitter and throw in the Ares cabin while they were asleep (making sure to put it on himself) and much more; all while blaming the events on Perseus Jackson.

Percy, as Nico di Angelo was in the underworld, Thalia Grace with the hunt, and Annabeth on Olympus, was alone at Camp. He became ostracized, and no-one defended him. Eventually, after being blamed for torching the infirmary, Percy decided he'd had enough. He marched to Half-Blood Hill, past the disgusted glares of the campers, and upon reaching the summit turned and amplified his voice using the water in the air.

"Attention campers!" He shouted in a voice laced with pain and betrayal. "I have been blamed for innumerous things, and as everyone has apparently forgotten my fatal flaw of personal loyalty, have decided to leave. I warn you however: one day war will come again."

He paused to catch his breath and regain his composure, then continued. "And when that war arrives I will not be here to bail you out. And if by some miracle I should be here, I swear on the Styx to not help unless you all get down on your knees and beg for it."

With that he turned on his heel and walked away from the only place he'd ever felt at home.

---------------------------

Percy POV:

I couldn't believe them! After everything I've done for them, and asked nothing in return mind you. They choose to believe the word of a new camper who could barely defeat a hellhound, over me, who won two wars for them. But that wasn't the worst part.

Not by far.

You see, because of my fatal flaw, such a massive blow to it caused pain almost as terrible as bathing in the Styx.

On a whim, I decided to call my girlfriend, who I had been seeing less and less of as time went on. As the Iris message formed I saw her making out with a random minor god.

"ANNABETH!" I shouted.

She sprung away from the guy and started to stutter. "Percy, this isn't what it looks like! I wouldn't do this to y-" She was cut off as I started to speak. "Save it" I growled in a voice filled with pain, betrayal, and fury. "I can't believe I was actually considering proposing
to you! I turn around for a few weeks and you've already moved on!"

"Percy..." She started only to be cut off again.

"No, this is goodbye, Annabeth" and I swept my hand through the mist, ending the call.

I collapsed to my knees, sobbing. And as sob after sob tore themselves from my body, the pain I was feeling earlier multiplied exponentially.

Then, as if some being put the knowledge in my mind I realized something.

I'm dying.

My fatal flaw is killing me. There was nothing I could do about it either. I had suffered one to many betrayal for my flaw to handle and it had given up.

As I lay there, simultaneously writhing in pain and being wracked with sobs, I decided something.

This is not where I'm going to die, alone in the middle of a random forest.

With some of the little energy I had left, I gave my best taxi-cab whistle.

A few minutes later a dark shape landed near me.

"Boss..." I heard the worried voice of one of my last friends, Blackjack, say. "What happened?"

"Betrayal, buddy. Betrayal after betrayal after betrayal, and now, because of my flaw, I'm dying." I had to stop as more sobs wracked my body."Now, I have decided that if I'm going to die, the last thing I'm going to see is the beauty of Olympus."

"Alright, boss. It's the least I can do to give you one last ride. And maybe the Olympians can help make your passing less painful."

"Good idea buddy, your the best friend anyone could ask for, now lets go" I managed to eke out. I somehow was able to mount Blackjack and he soared into the clouds.

Soon, the towering peak of Mount Olympus came into view, and after the wind spirits discovered who we were, we were allowed to pass.

By now, I was suffering from the emotional pain almost as much as the physical. I felt like I had nothing left to live for, that there was no-one who cared, and I should end it as quickly as possible.

Blackjack flew directly through the throne room doors and came to a stop near the hearth in the center of the U of thrones. I, bruised, weary, and in pain, climbed off him.

To say the gods were shocked would be an understatement but almost immediately, my dad jumped from his throne and engulfed me in a hug.

"What happened?" He asked in a voice full of concern.

"Yes, nephew, tell us what has occurred." Zeus boomed from his throne, though admittedly his eyes did convey concern.

"It all started when..." I went on to explain the arrival of Jay, the events at Camp, Annabeth's cheating, and finally I got to the main point that I was here.

By this point most of the goddesses (minus Artemis, who was filled...concern? As well anger that this happened to the one true "man" in the world) had tears in the eyes, while Hestia was crying and the gods (minus Ares whose son caused most of this and Dionysus, who was asleep) had looks of fury.

And then, fighting through the pain, I dropped the bomb. "I'm dying."

Cries of outrage and grief ran throughout the throne room, but I managed to quell them.

"How?" Dad asked, which was the question on everyone's mind.

"My fatal flaw. It couldn't handle anymore betrayals. I am essentially self-destructing. The reason I'm here was I asked Blackjack to take me to see the beauty of the City of the Gods one last time, and to hopefully have you all ease my passing."

Now, everyone was crying.

Zeus stood from his throne, and slowly walked to me.

Then, surprising everyone he, hugged me and when he disengaged, his eyes were filled with sadness as well as pride.

"I may not have been your biggest fan early on, but you have more than proved yourself worthy of respect. And because of you we gods have had better relationships with our children and the world as a whole has been a better place. We will help you nephew, on your final quest."

All 12 Olympians stood, tears on their faces, and walked towards me.

They were interrupted by a blinding flash of flames.

When I could see again, I saw a woman.

She had red hair the color of flame that seemed to twist and move like a fire as she walked. She had brilliant green eyes who's color seemed to shift with her mood and emotions, from a pair of pale almost lime green orbs, through a deep forest green, to a green so dark it was almost black.

When she spoke, her voice was filled with care and gentleness, but also a certain steel, "I think I can help you, young hero. My name is Phlegethon."

Words: 1500

A/N: And that's the start. Please review and vote, thank you and I hope you enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 1K 20
So I got bored and decided I want a new fanfiction to write. I decided since Percy is good in my first fanfiction, why not make him bad? So I did it...
608K 10.9K 48
Athena said Loyalty will kill him. Loyalty will kill. Maelstrom will destroy. Mystique will torture. He is Perseus, the worst of them all. ...
181K 2.6K 71
Being one of the few survivors of the Second Giant War, twenty-two-year-old Percy Jackson is crushed. Nobody seems to be an ally anymore. Everyone ap...
190K 2.8K 42
"I tried as hard as I could to understand why you all abandoned me. I could never understand what I did to you. As far as I remember, it was you who...