Second Chances: Sequel to Til...

By WrittenByKalifa

***You don't have to read "til death do us part 1 and 2 but to better understand the story and who people are... More

INFO
Chapter 1
CHARATERS
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
MORE FROM THE AUTHOR
SECOND CHANCES: BOOK 2??

Chapter 16

2K 72 9
By WrittenByKalifa

Later that night, Nicole put Raelynn down to sleep while Tre was putting KJ to sleep.

"Goodnight, Rae", Nicole said.

Rae just looked at her with her sleepy eyes.

Nicole smiled and walked out the room and left the TV on. As she walked into the hallway, she heard Tre whispering.

"I know it hadn't hit you because honestly, you've been doing good without me. But I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you like I should have...I guess I panicked and everything was happening so fast and I was scared I wasn't going to be a good father to you...I didn't have one, so I didn't know how to be one...but that isn't an excuse...it's excuses when it comes to you ...not anymore", Tre whispers. "You are a amazing human being from what I see so far and you're going to do amazing things in life"

Tre looked over at KJ and he has fallen asleep. Tre shook his head and smiled. He kissed KJ's forehead and made sure he was tucked in. As Tre was about to walk out Nicole was walking away down the hall, toward the stairs. He caught up with her before Nicole stepped down the first step.

"Hey, Nic", he said

Nicole stopped and looked at him.

"Before I go, I just wanna apologize for lying again and honestly I'll be happy with whatever decision you choose to make. Whether it's with me or someone else", he said. "I know me coming up here and you seeing me, fucked up your mood from the jump. You were doing fine without me"

Nicole looked down.

"I guess that's why you wanna keep it that way", he said. "And I understand"

Nicole looked at him. "Did I miss you? Yes...was a angry? Damn right...but I realized that...well I've changed and so have you. We aren't the same people anymore and we can't live off of the past. We can be friends, I'm tired of being angry. As far as a relationship? No. We're just thinking about how things were a few years ago. Not how this might be now"

Tre nods. "Understandable and true", he said. "And I respect it"

"...and I'm...KJ might not have heard you in there but I did..and I think he forgives you because I do", she said with a slight smile.

"Thank you", he said. "...but imma head back to the school. You sure you'll be okay tonight by yourself?", he asked.

"Do you know who my father is? I am my father's daughter", she said.

"You ain't a gangsta", he said.

"I'm more of one than you", she said.

"Girl, please", he said.

"Tre, you're a clown", she said. "You're a jokester.. corny one at that"

"Around you", he said with smile. "Don't catch me out there in the streets"

Nicole giggles. "Go to school", she said.

Tre chuckles as he looks at her smile. "Iight", he said as he looked up at her eyes. "Goodnight", he said.

"Goodnight", Nicole replied.

Tre walked downstairs. "Lock this door", he said.

"Mhm", she said.

Tre left.

Nicole walked downstairs and Kim came out her room and didn't the same.

"Y'all cute", Kim said.

"What?", Nicole asked. "What you know about people being cute together?"

"I mean like I will be in high school next year. I'm not a 3 year old", Kim said.

"Well.. me and him aren't anything. We are just friends", Nicole said.

"Oh...he's not that cute anyways", Kim replied.

Nicole chuckles. "...I mean he ain't the cutest but it's more so his personality", she said. "Looks aren't everything"

Kim nods.

"Hungry?", Nicole asked.

"Yea. I was just going to eat some oodles and noodles", Kim replied.

"Oh okay. Well I'm about to go to sleep", Nicole said.

"Ok", Kim replied.

Nicole walked upstairs and Kim went in the the kitchen.

As Nicole walked upstairs she got a text from Elijah. Since the party him and her have been texting throughout the days.

MESSAGE:
Elijah: so, you tryna go out sometime soon. Movies? Out to eat? I know the fair coming up. I'm tired of going there with my boys all the time.

Nicole read the message and replied.

MESSAGE:
Nicole: Yea, that's cool. I gotta wait til I get some money first.

Nicole walked into her room and put her phone on her desk and began walking to the bathroom. Her phone went off again and she walked back to it before going to the bathroom and read the message.

MESSAGE:
Elijah: although I love a woman who can handle her own, I got you. I'll pay. I invited you anyway.

Nicole smiles a little and replied.

MESSAGE:
Nicole; Yea, but my parents always taught me that no matter who is paying, always have something in your pocket.
Elijah: I fuck that. Well, when you're ready, I am
Nicole: I'll let you know. But I've been babysitting all day and I'm pretty tired. Text you tomorrow, goodnight💙
Elijah: didn't know you have younger siblings but alright. Goodnight

Nicole read the message and thought to herself. Although, two of the people she was watching were her siblings, one was her own child. She didn't know if she wanted to or was ready to share that with him yet so she decided not to. She just left the conversation off at that and when into the bathroom and took and shower and got ready for bed.

Btw... PICTURE OF ELIJAH

After the weekend ended, Asia and Jamal were back home and Nicole was back at school. It was the middle of the week and she was running late for one of her class. She made it right before the professor shut the door.

"Just in time", the professor said.

Nicole faked smiled and sat down next to Danielle.

"Damn girl. I'm surprised you out of all people were late", Danielle whispered.

"Same", Nicole said.

"Caked up on the phone with Elijah again?", Nicole asked.

Nicole didn't respond to the question. "Shh, class is starting", Nicole whispered.

"Oh shoot na", Danielle said kinda loud.

"If somebody has a conversation to continue, they can continue it outside my class", the professor said.

"Sorry", Danielle replied.

The professor began teaching and Danielle and Nicole began taking notes.

After class, Nicole saw Elijah sitting down with his friend at one of the benches. He saw her and said something to his friend. They dapped each other up and the friend got up and left. Nicole walked the friend walk away as she walked to Elijah then looked at Elijah.

"He didn't have to leave", Nicole said.

"Oh nah, he had to go to class", Elijah said.

"Oh", Nicole replied. "So, my dad sent my money so we are on for tonight. I guess we can see that new movie everybody is talking about"

"Iight, bet", Elijah said. "When is your next class?"

"In a couple hours", she said.

As they talked, Tre walked into the building to go to one of his class and just so happen to see Nicole and Elijah. As he continued to walk to class he looked away.

"I was going to catch breakfast before it ended. I'm a little hungry", she said.

Elijah got up. "Mind if I join?", he asked.

"I guess you can. It's a free country", she said.

Elijah smiled. "Cool", he said.

Nicole and Elijah walked out the building and to the cafeteria.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
896K 23.5K 45
Imagine finding out one day that you have a new stepbrother cause your single father has gotten engaged. Your mother died when you were ten yet your...
Estella By AVI

General Fiction

63.1K 1.5K 30
15 year old Estella never expected her to flip upside down in a span of few weeks . The unexpected death of her foster parents Getting a positive p...
322K 8.2K 45
18 year old Nicole had always had a difficult life. With her dad not being there and her brother dying. She can only depended on her mother. When she...