Sister, Sister ▷ Damon Salvat...

By mikaeIsons

The youngest Mikaelson and the oldest Salvatore meet under unlikely circumstances and fall in love. [SEASON T... More

BEFORE READING☑️
INTRODUCTION☑️
PART ONE☑️
CHAPTER ONE☑️
CHAPTER TWO☑️
CHAPTER THREE☑️
CHAPTER FOUR (FLASHBACK)☑️
CHAPTER FIVE (FLASHBACK)☑️
CHAPTER SIX✔️
CHAPTER SEVEN✔️
CHAPTER EIGHT✔️
CHAPTER NINE (FLASHBACK)✔️
CHAPTER ELEVEN (FLASHBACK)✔️
CHAPTER TWELVE (FLASHBACK)✔️
CHAPTER THIRTEEN (FLASHBACK)✔️
CHAPTER FOURTEEN (FLASHBACK)✔️
CHAPTER FIFTEEN✔️
CHAPTER SIXTEEN✔️
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN✔️
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN✔️
CHAPTER NINETEEN✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT✔️
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR✔️
QUESTION✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX✔️
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN✔️
SEQUEL AND EDITING✔️
DEAR ARABELLA✔️

CHAPTER TEN (FLASHBACK)✔️

88.2K 2.6K 1.4K
By mikaeIsons

dedicated to aconighte for translating Sister, Sister to Spanish!

TEN | RECKLESS BEHAVIOR

  Arabella Grace Mikaelson was now a teenager. Her mood swings and hormones were now apparent among her family, though they tried to ignore the fact that the baby of the family was growing up. Arabella had grown more mischievous and more reckless. She didn't exactly follow the rules and certainly hated it when someone tried to boss her around. She had become independent within her own mind, and believed that leaning on someone for help was a sign of weakness - and she was far from weak. Arabella was rebellious, learning how to sword fight, sneaking out a bit late, coming home late, and meeting up with her love - Jasper Wilde.

You could say Jasper had a long-term affect on Arabella for Jasper was also quite the rebellious one. Both of them had similar interests they thought leaning on someone was a weakness, crying was a weakness, they loved to break the rules, and loved to upset people around them - especially Arabella's brothers.

Arabella was walking alone (something she wasn't supposed to do, she always had to have a man walk home with her to fight off whatever might harm her), enjoying the alone time between herself and was looking around at the busy village of Mystic Falls. Arabella smiled a bit at the business of it all - but her happiness was short lived when her brother, Niklaus, came walking beside her. He was older.

"What is it Niklaus?" she asked, irritated.

"You really shouldn't go around walking by yourself," he reprimanded.

"I do not care of your petty opinions," said Arabella.

"That's unwise of you," Niklaus stated.

Arabella shrugged and looked at a shiny apple. Looking around, Arabella took the apple and took a bite out of it.

"What was that?" Niklaus asked in rage. Arabella was brought up with respect, and her silly behavior was slowly demeaning the Mikaelson name.

"I'm famished, and it's only noon."

"You do not go on and about and steal things, Arabella," Niklaus scolded.

"Niklaus, I'm getting a bit tired of you telling me what to do," She said, annoyed.

"Put it back," he demanded.

"I already took a bite out of it!" exclaimed Arabella.

"Put the bloody apple back, Arabella," he demanded once again.

Arabella pursed her lips and turned around. Niklaus smiled in satisfaction, only to realize his sister was not walking away to put it back, rather then to talk to one of the girls close to Nik's age; Tatia Petrova.

"Look what I got." Arabella remarked, giggling at she took another bite out of the fruit.

"You didn't happen to steal that, did you?" The girl asked, raising an eyebrow. Arabella grinned her familiar reckless grin and Tatia sighed a bit.

"You really should not go stealing things. It could get you in serious trouble," Tatia said.

"It's not like I haven't done it before," murmured Arabella.

Niklaus rounded a corner, spotting Arabella and Tatia talking. He gripped Arabella's forearm.

"Arabella," he hissed.

"Niklaus, great to see you again," she said sarcastically.

"Who is this?" Tatia asked, looking at Niklaus.

"Tatia, meet my brother Niklaus," Arabella introduced the two.

Niklaus and Tatia seemed entranced by each other's beauty. Klaus smiled a charming smile to Tatia, in which she giggled a bit and blushed. Arabella smirked, thinking this was a perfect moment for her to escape. Klaus, however, was ahead of her and gripped the girl's arm.

"Disgusting," Arabella muttered.

They both snapped out of their 'trance' and glared at Arabella.

"It's not like you and Jasper do it all the time!" She declared. Arabella's eyes widened, not wanting that information to come out.

"Jasper?" Niklaus asked.

"Who's Jasper?" Arabella questioned awkwardly.

Tatia looked confusedly at her. "Jasper! You snog him every chance you get, not to mention you two sneak out together at night and, oh I wasn't supposed to say anything was I?"

Arabella's cheeks were burning, she looked flustered, and she kept looking at Niklaus cautiously.

Arabella cleared her throat awkwardly. "It was a nice chat, darling. I ought to go."

Arabella dashed out of Niklaus's grip easily and ran away from her brother.

She heard Klaus' shouts and yells, but the strawberry-blonde continued to run. She soon bumped into someone on accident from not looking where she was going.

"Jasper," She breathed out.

"Bella," He smiled. "Why are you running, love?"

Arabella's eyes widened. "We need to go--ah!"

Arabella was thrown behind a back, she noticed to be her older brother Elijah.

"Who are you?" A voice Arabella recognized as Niklaus.

"J-Jasper Wild-de," Jasper stuttered out.

"Niklaus! Are you mad? You're going to hurt him with that!" cried Arabella.

"I fully intend to," Niklaus seethed.

"Elijah! Elijah do something!" Arabella pleaded, tapping Elijah and looking at him hopefully.

"No Arabella," His voice void of emotion.

Arabella's eyes were wider than saucers as she looked at Niklaus and Jasper. Niklaus had drawn his sword and Jasper was growing fearful, but did not show it. Arabella noticed his hand had twitched.

"No!" She cried, pushing Elijah away with some strength and standing in front of Jasper, eyes closed. Arabella waited to be struck by the silver, but she wasn't. Niklaus had his sword up, ready to strike, but was looking at his youngest sister instead. Arabella dared to open one eye. Niklaus still had a murderous expression on his face, but his eyes held another emotion. Adoration for his sister's bravery - in which she always had - confused as to why she ran out to save the peasant, and rage for his sister's betrayal.

"What are you doing, Arabella Grace?" He asked, in a steady voice but still held anger in it.

Arabella's lips parted, but it was Jasper who spoke.

"We are in love."

Arabella's eyes widened even more, if possible and she turned around to face Jasper.

"Y-you love me?" She asked breathlessly.

Jasper boyishly grinned. "Of course Bella. I've loved you since the day we met."

Arabella's breath was caught in her throat, and tears pricked her eyes.

"Jasper, I-I don't know. I love you too," Arabella whispered as if she had just made up her mind. Jasper grinned, and Arabella flashed her reckless smile at him and was about to kiss the boy, when she forgot about Niklaus. She turned around, smile dissolving once she saw her brother's face. It was her worst fear imaginable. Instead of pure rage, it was blankness. There was absolutely no emotion on Niklaus' face, nothing could be traced in Niklaus' eyes and his face looked drained. He did not look like the lively boy, no, he looked a lot like Mikael. A dark shadowy look that was drained of any emotion.

"Niklaus?" Arabella questioned quietly.

His eyes snapped down to his sister's big hazel eyes. Her eyes, in contradiction to his own, were swarming with emotion. Hope, sadness, love, adoration, happiness, and Niklaus' worst nightmare - fear. Ever since he had seen the one emotion cross over his sister's face when she was young, he promised he would prevent anything to make her look so ashen.

He sighed a bit. "If it is what makes you happy--"

He was cut off by his sister hugging him with full force. Niklaus smiled down at Arabella, a bit relieved that she wasn't upset. When Arabella pulled back, her beautiful smile - one no one has ever seen before, not even Jasper - pulled onto her face, and appeared a small dimple on her cheeks. Niklaus' smile got even bigger, noticing the dimples. He didn't say anything of course, just cherished the quick moment with his sister. After all, Niklaus adored Arabella the most. He protected her the most, cared for her the most, and absolutely loved making her smile a genuine smile only Niklaus could bring out.

~~~

edited as of: 12/27/15

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410K 10.7K 39
"Don't give your heart to a monster and be surprised when they break it." #2 in klaus - 3/4/21 #3 in theoriginals - 11/23/20 #2 in tvd - 1/6/21 Book...
385K 7.6K 70
NEW VERSION OUT ON (thatweirdokhai) - 𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙍 𝘼 𝙃𝙐𝙉𝘿𝙍𝙀𝘿 𝙔𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙎 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗱, 𝙎𝙆𝙔𝙇𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝘼𝙇𝙑𝘼𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙀 𝗿𝗲�...
4.1M 99.7K 58
Estella Salvatore hates Klaus Mikaelson with a passion. Klaus Mikaelson is hopelessly in love with Estella Salvatore. Their love story is a little t...
1.6M 34.1K 53
Stefan and Damon's sister, Ava, arrives in town unannounced with secrets. Secrets that will destroy their family bond forever. Forever is a long time...