Love Language **Sequel to Atl...

By montanastories

Read Atlanta Love first to understand this story More

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
....
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five

Twenty-Two

2.3K 123 9
By montanastories

Later that day

Hazel
Today have been a successful and busy day and Mackenzie handled her first day well and she's very respectful and have a good head on her shoulder. I'm going to take her under my wing and mold her into the best hairstylist here in Atlanta right behind myself and Ariel.

"Did Brittany give you your schedule?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay."

The door opened and Brian walked in.

"Hey Mrs. Haze."

"Hey Brian."

"Can you cut me up?"

"Brian we're closed you're going to have to come tomorrow after school."

"I got a tutoring session then Mrs. Haze."

"Then you better figure it out Brian."

Brian smacked his teeth.

"I can cut you," Mackenzie spoke.

"Damn who are you?"

"I'm Mackenzie I'm new."

"Wait are you licensed?"

"I wouldn't be working here if I wasn't."

Brian looked at me.

"Can Mackenzie give me a hair cut Mrs. Haze?"

"Yeah I'm going to go do inventory let me know if he gives you any trouble Mackenzie."

"Yes ma'am."

I looked at Brian once more then I made my way to the back to do inventory.

About 20 minutes later I made my way to the front seeing Brian gone and Mackenzie sweeping up.

"You ready to go?"

"Yes ma'am."

She emptied the dust pan and we grabbed our hair bags and walked out of the shop I locked my door and we made our way towards my car I popped my trunk and we placed our bags inside. I closed the trunk down and we got in my car once our seatbelts was on I drove off.

"Where are you staying Mackenzie?"

"The Hilton on Peachtree."

"Okay."

"So Haze how do you know Brian?"

"He lives at the Safe Haven my husband Dave own."

"Oh okay."

"Do have a way to work in the morning?"

"Yes ma'am I'll take an Uber."

"For now on I'll pick you up from work I don't want anything to happen to you if you take an Uber."

"Oh no Haze I can't allow you to do that for me."

"It doesn't matter I'm going to do it anyways I see the potential in you Mackenzie and I'm taking you under my wing."

She started crying and I rubbed her back I pulled up to the light and reached into my glove compartment and got some tissue and handed it to her.

"This means so much to me Haze I've been following you for years and I'm going to make you proud."

"I know that you will."

"Thank you so much Haze."

"Mackenzie stop thanking me I honestly see a little of myself in you so whatever you need I'll help you."

"Can you help me melt my laces better than what I've been doing?"

"Absolutely."

We pulled up to the Hilton I parked and popped my trunk I got out and got Mackenzie bag and handed it to her.

"I'll be here at 8:15."

"Yes ma'am."

We hugged then I watched as Mackenzie walk inside I closed my trunk down then I got in my car heading home.

Dave
I watched as Brian gave Kairi a gummy worm she thanked him before she sat down next to Kaia. Brian is one of the kids that live at the Safe Haven and we've gotten close since he's been there.

"How was practice?"

"It was good."

"Who cut your hair?"

"Mackenzie she's the new stylist at Mrs. Haze salon."

"You went there after practice?"

"Yeah luckily they were still there or I would've been out of luck."

"Oh okay."

"Can I have another gummy worm," Kairi asked Brian.

"You can have the rest kiddo make sure you share with your little sister."

"Okay thank you."

"You're welcome."

Kairi walked back over to Kaia and sat down.

"What's your plans after highschool?"

"Going to Moorehouse College."

"Major?"

"Secondary Education."

"You want to be a teacher?"

"Yeah."

"I thought that maybe you'll go into the NBA."

"Nah I see how the way you are with Kairi and Kaia plus Mrs. Haze and one day I want to have my own family yeah I can have that in the NBA but I don't want to miss any milestones in any of my children's life."

"Okay."

We heard a door open, close and lock then we heard footsteps.

"Hey guys."

"Hey babe."

"Hey Mrs. Haze."

Hazel walked in further she kissed me then she walked over to the girls who looked up at her and smiled.

"Hey babies."

"Hey mama."

"Uh Dave and Mrs. Haze can I talk to the both of you."

Hazel stood up and sat next to me I took her heels off and started massaging her feet.

"Wassup Brian."

"I don't know how to say this."

"Just say it."

"Okay so I know that I'll be 18 next year and I was wondering if never mind."

"No don't do that Brian go ahead and say what you was going to say," Hazel spoke.

"I was wondering if y'all would adopt me and I can live with the both of you."

"You don't like living at the Safe Haven," I asked.

"I do it's just that I've known the both of you for the past 6 months and I've gotten close to the both of you along with Kairi and Kaia and I really see you two as my parents being as my own didn't want me."

"You sure about this?"

"I've been thinking about this for a while now so yes sir I'm sure you two have done so much for me so why not."

"Okay I'll call my lawyer and see how fast can we get this process started for you."

"I thought this conversation was going to go left."

"Nah."

"The faster we get a court date and get everything finalized the faster you can finally have the parents you've always wanted."

"I love y'all forreal."

"And we love you too Brian."

"Babe who's Mackenzie?"

"Oh she's the new hairstylist at the shop that I hired today I see a lot of myself in her so I'm going to take her under my wing and mentor her and make her one of the best hairstylists here in Atlanta. Why?"

"Brian had brought her up."

Hazel looked at Brian.

"Okay I may have interest in her."

"Either you do or don't?"

"I mean I do but she'll never go for a young guy like me anyways I'll see you guys later."

"How are you getting back to the Safe Haven?"

"I'll walk."

"Not happening that's a long walk I'll just drop you off."

"Yes sir."

I tapped Hazel feet she removed her feet from my lap. I stood up and grabbed my Range Rover keys Brian stood up as well and we made our way out of the living room and heading towards the garage.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 425 15
๐–  ๐–ฃ๐–บ๐—๐–พ ๐–ค๐–บ๐—Œ๐— ๐–ฅ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฟ๐—‚๐–ผ.....................
627K 24K 73
๊œฑแด‡Qแดœแด‡สŸ แด›แด "5 สแด‡แด€ส€๊œฑ สŸแด€แด›แด‡ส€"... สแดแดœส€ ๊œฐแด€แด แดส€ษชแด›แด‡ แด„แดแดœแด˜สŸแด‡ แดแด„แด‡แด€ษดแด€ แด€ษดแด… แด‹สœแด€สŸษชสŸ แด€ส€แด‡ ส™แด€แด„แด‹ ษขแด‡แด› ส€แด‡แด€แด…ส แด›แด ๊œฑแด‡แด‡ แดกสœแด€แด› สŸษช๊œฐแด‡ สœแด€๊œฑ ษชษด ๊œฑแด›แดส€แด‡ ๊œฐแดส€ แด›สœแด‡ แด„แดแดœแด˜สŸแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด›สœแด‡ษชส€ ๊œฐแด€แดษชสŸส...
298K 7.8K 52
you keep me sane and safe that's why the bond we have is never ending... be my peace until we know what this is... my first book.. January 2023
505K 21.4K 27
๐ผ ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘š๐‘’ , ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘‘๐‘ฆ ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘’๐‘  .