The Boy I Love

By laceygwhyte

Tyler Andrews is the best wrestler at his club. He's also one of the most popular guys at school, and has no... More

Introduction
Tyler Andrews: Face
Gas Tank
Bump
Heavy
Top of the Card
Squash?
Stable
No Sell
Chemistry
Rest Hold
Spot
Booking
Breaking Kayfabe
Heat
Epilogue

Grind

1.5K 89 14
By laceygwhyte

He still wears his mask to matches, or really any time he's in public, but when he's in our room he takes it off. This makes me pretty happy, because it means he trusts me and feels comfortable with me, and it also gives me access to the rest of his face, so now I have more options when I want to kiss him (I make full use of this ability).

He doesn't say where the scars came from, and I don't ask. It's not that I think it would be too graphic to hear, it's that I think it would be too painful for him to tell, and I don't want him to think that he owes me an explanation at all.

Aside from that, things pretty much stay the same between us. I'm not complaining at all, of course, because the way things are between us is very enjoyable. We're both still in the tournament, though, which is a little annoying and also a little concerning, because I really don't want to have to wrestle him. I don't want to have to beat him, but I don't want to let him win. And everyone seems to think that I have this in the bag, aside from the threat of Leo. Which is a lot of pressure. Coach Turner, my friends, everyone else from my club, plus the idea of my parents (I kind of want to win just to see if they'll wish that they'd been here to watch me, and hopefully then they'd come next time).

Thankfully, though, I'm not looking at a match against Leo for a while. We're on opposing sides of the listings, so we'd both have to make it all the way to the finals to actually have to play each other. Which is a concern in itself, and probably means even more pressure if that does happen, but the probability is low.

Vick, unfortunately, is looking at a match against Leo tomorrow if they both win their matches today. And neither of them really looks like they're going to lose today- their opponents have both kind of been scraping by.

Fortunately, neither of them mention it (to me, anyways). I'm very grateful that Vick doesn't ask for 'information on Leo' to help in his match, though I didn't think he would. I'm also happy when I realize that he hasn't asked me if I'm feeding Leo information either, because I have no doubt that if Nick knew that my relationship with Leo is a little more intimate than just being roommates, he might accuse me of doing that. I would never, of course- and Leo would never ask- but after I refused to help Nick, he's been a little suspicious of me. Vick is thankfully not (possibly because he's better informed).

I go to both of their matches. Both of them win. It's no surprise, but it still doesn't make me feel fantastic. I don't want all my friends to hate Leo for ruining their chances at winning this tournament. And even though Vick probably wouldn't be super pissed, it's not ideal that he's either going to beat or be beaten by the guy I'm kissing.

Leo and I spend the night innocently cuddling as well as heatedly making out, and Vick and I play billiards and work out together and talk about random, unrelated-to-tournament things. It's definitely a relief. I can only hope that nothing is changed by tomorrow's match.

I almost don't go. I don't know who I'd actually want to win. Maybe Vick, because then my friends would be significantly friendlier to Leo? Or Leo, because he's said this tournament is really important to him (and I have a feeling that's not just because of bragging rights)?

Of course, I do go to the match. It'd be suspicious if I didn't, and I need to know what happens.

It's weird to see Leo with his mask again. I've gotten used to seeing his face now, it's odd to see the black mask over his head instead (we've stopped going to each other's matches recently, so I haven't seen him wear it for a while).

It's also weird to see him facing off against my best friend in the ring. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit jealous when the match started- not for any reason except how close they were (the thought that he's been this close to other guys as well when I wasn't present isn't particularly enjoyable either). I satisfy myself by thinking about making out with Leo tonight, then quickly focus back on the match to avoid having any problems in public.

It's possibly the most exciting match I've been to so far. Vick is bigger than Leo- most guys are- but they seem to be pretty evenly matched otherwise. They've both got good endurance for long matches, and neither of them seems to get distracted.

The whistle blowing comes as a bit of a jolt to everybody. I intentionally don't look at the scoreboard- neither of them was pinned, so one of them must have won by points. And I'm pretty sure Leo just got an escape, which would mean...

When the ref comes over and takes Leo's hand to claim him the winner, I'm not sure if that's the best or worst case scenario. Nick beside me is practically grinding his teeth, and Jack sighs and rubs his hands over his face. I just stare.

We get back to the hotel, and I opt to stay with my friends rather than going straight to my room to see Leo.

"Dude, I can't believe you lost!" Nick is ranting. "You're one of the best we have!"

Vick shrugs. "He beat me fair and square."

Nick looks from Vick to me. "Is this complete lack of righteous fury because he's Tyler's roommate?"

Vick rolls his eyes. "No. I mean, of course I don't want to make Tyler uncomfortable, but I don't see any point in getting mad about it when there's nothing that can be done. If he'd cheated, I'd be upset, but he beat me fairly, by points. And he's looking good to win this thing, so it's not like he's just some little twerp who didn't deserve it. He's good. I respect him as a wrestler."

Nick sighs. "Are we even sure that he's allowed in our weight division? He's tiny."

Leo is pretty small, it's still hard for me to believe he's in our weight division as well. He fits in my lap perfectly, and he's not heavy. "He is pretty small," I agree, mostly to appease Nick while I don't have to hate on Leo to do it.

"That should be a disadvantage to him, though," Jack points out. "If he's always wrestling guys who are bigger than him, it'd make it harder."

Nick shakes his head, then looks at me. "Seriously, Tyler, look out for him. You're the best wrestler who's still in the tournament, and if someone else doesn't stop him, you're going to have to."

I nod. "I know." And I do. Really, I'm all too aware that every passing day is a greater chance I'll have to face Leo in the ring.

When the elevator doors open at their floor, Vick gives me a slightly pitying look. I'm ninety-nine percent sure that it's because he can sense my heart aching every time I think about having to wrestle Leo for the tournament title.

I get back to my room and hear the shower running. I go to my bed and mess around with my phone until he gets out. He gives me a sort of sad smile when he sees me. "Sorry."

I shake my head at him. "Don't apologize. This is a tournament and we're all trying to win. Unless you're apologizing for looking so attractive that I'm getting-"

"Tyler!" He blushes, pressing his lips together as he tries not to smile. I grin as I rake my eyes over him. He's in one of the hotel robes, and it's impossible not to wonder if he's wearing anything under it. He rolls his eyes at me, still blushing. "I'm going to change. Remind me never to forget to bring my clothes into the bathroom with me when I shower, for your sake."

"Oh, I don't mind at all. Can I have a kiss before you go?"

He eyes me suspiciously, but he's grinning a little as he comes over and leans in to plant a kiss on my cheek. I wrap an arm around his waist and pull him onto the bed, putting him on his back as I straddle his hips and kiss him passionately. His arms are around my neck already, his fingers in my hair as he moans. I nip at his lips and push my tongue into his mouth, groaning a little as well. There. My earlier jealousy has been sated.

I pull away after a few moments, trailing a fingertip down his chest where the robe has opened a little. "Remember that deal we had a while ago, where you said I could take off one item of your clothing..."

He snorts. "Wait until I change, then we can talk about removing clothing."

I grin. "But it'd be easier to get undressed the way you are now."

He's blushing again, and pressing his lips together (the corners are turned up, though, so his attempt to suppress his smile is not working). "Tyler, we both have matches tomorrow."

I sigh dramatically. "I know, I know. Fine, go change. I'll be here, waiting and thinking about very, very dirty things."

He blushes even more furiously. "Tyler..."

"Okay, okay." I peck the tip of his nose and finally roll off of him so he can stand. "You go change."

He doesn't, though. He just looks at me, still blushing but allowing himself to smile a little now. I watch him, intrigued.

"What?"

"You're adorable."

"What? Why?" I'm confused, but I'm also smiling (because he is).

He rolls so he's on top of me now, and my heart patters excitedly against my rib cage. He lies down on my chest and pecks the tip of my nose. "You're very persistent. But you also listen to me, what I want. Which is a very attractive quality, let me tell you."

I slide my arms around his waist, craning my neck for a kiss. "I'm glad you think so. I'm still confused, though."

He leans down to kiss me again. "It makes it really hard for me to be responsible and keep saying that we should wait because we both have matches tomorrow."

I steal another kiss. "We don't have to do anything too strenuous."

"Alright. That sounds like a good plan."

I pull my head back and stare at him, my heart practically jumping out of my chest. "Wait, really?"

He meets my eyes, still smiling, and nods. "Yes, really. See, this is what I mean, you-"

I pull him down to kiss me, cutting him off. He kisses me back, raking his fingers through my hair. I do a sweep of his mouth with my tongue, then pull back and duck my head under his jaw to suck on his neck. He groans, and I put my legs around his waist, then roll us back over so I'm on top. I'm careful not to suck too hard at the top of his neck, where it'd be visible, and move down to his chest. I push open the robe a little, then bring my head back up to look at him.

"Is your club on this floor?"

He bites his bottom lip, and it drives me nuts. "Yes."

"Alright. Try not to be too loud, then."

Not too long after, we're cuddled up in his bed, both freshly showered, watching Big Bang Theory. He shifts closer, then turns his head to look up at me. I smile a little and tug him closer, leaning in to press my lips to his. He hums softly and kisses me back, making me smile a little more.

We stay like that- cuddling- until the episode ends.

What did you think of Vick's match against Leo? His friends' opinions on Leo winning? Thoughts on Tyler and Leo's relationship?

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

783K 26.6K 67
Zach is your typical nerd. loves to read, loves to draw, loves to bake, and decorate cakes in his family bakery. and of course, gay. Brian is your ty...
43.8K 1K 29
"Look at me Axel . I'm sorry I never should've- His lips were on mine and I grabbed his waist like it was the most natural thing in the world. His...
26K 1.9K 33
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! I wanted to write a one-shot for pride month, but I turned it into a short story because pride month and my gay readers deserve mo...
1.8K 127 44
Tyler, the popular jock with a gentle and friendly demeanor who never fails to brighten Miles' darkest days, helped Miles, the openly gay teenage kid...