Epiphany

By FairySalvatore

Nazereth Vinter is the fun-loving handsome Prince of Krobet, the largest of the five elemental Kingdoms and a... More

⇞ epiphany ⇞
⇞ glossary ⇞
⇞ udairis ⇞
⇞ fire master ⇞
⇞ princess ⇞
⇞ ceremony ⇞
⇞ home ⇞
⇞ target ⇞
⇞ agony ⇞
⇞ humiliation ⇞
⇞ stupor ⇞
⇞ lavish prisoner ⇞
⇞ the hunt ⇞
⇞ hope ⇞
⇞ pretense ⇞
⇞trouble ⇞
⇞ fiends ⇞
⇞ hatred ⇞
⇞ unwanted guests ⇞
⇞ warmth and support ⇞
⇞ songs of pain ⇞
⇞ protective ⇞
⇞ bitter truth ⇞
⇞ trials ⇞
⇞ price to pay ⇞
⇞ agitation ⇞
⇞ water-ride ⇞
⇞ exchange mission ⇞
⇞ monster ⇞
⇞ trance ⇞
⇞ enchantment ⇞
⇞ invitation ⇞
⇞ amulet ⇞
⇞ person of interest ⇞
⇞ closer ⇞
⇞ heartache ⇞
⇞ medicine for pain ⇞
⇞ heartbreak ⇞
⇞ new turn ⇞
⇞ remorse ⇞
⇞ attempt to heal ⇞
⇞ needed ⇞
⇞ stronger ⇞
⇞dream ⇞
⇞ destination ⇞
⇞ secrets ⇞
⇞Re-attempt ⇞
⇞ tower ⇞
⇞ butter biscuits ⇞
⇞ plan a ⇞
⇞ error ⇞
⇞ confrontation ⇞
⇞ stage ⇞
A/N
⇞ root ⇞
⇞ a friend in need ⇞
⇞ rescue plan? ⇞
⇞ failed rescue plan ⇞
⇞ The Same Fate ⇞
⇞ light in dark ⇞
⇞ disbalance ⇞
⇞ princess of udairis ⇞
⇞ the weapon ⇞
⇞ courage ⇞
⇞ puppet strings ⇞
⇞ reign of terror ⇞
⇞ vengeful soul ⇞
⇞ haunted ⇞
⇞ hope for survival ⇞
⇞ journey ⇞
⇞ only solution ⇞
⇞ her epiphany ⇞
⇞ krobet ⇞

⇞ dawn of the curse ⇞

1.1K 128 20
By FairySalvatore

"So you are not the princess of water kingdom," Jillian asked as we sat in the resting place in the place between Udairis and Krobet. The cave was kind of cold because it was mostly near Udairis but it was still to rest and with Nazereth's fire keeping us warm, it was actually kind of relaxing.

Apparently drowning as a princess of water kingdom is a dead giveaway of the fact that I was not even remotely compatible with water. But what made sure was his sister who shattered a secret held for years.

"No," I said carefully.

I was leaning on Nazereth's shoulder and his hand was looped around my shoulder patting me gently as if trying to keep me calm after the drowning incident as our ship, Syrion's ship was destroyed in the storm caused by Ermeline. Clarence being the prince of Udairis did manage to make his way to stop or rather save his sister and yet we still had no idea how it all went. The storm stopped and everything was calm but it was kind of calm before a bigger storm.

"So who are you?" Jillian asked after a while of silence.

Maybe he was contemplating why someone like me would marry a King of Fire Kingdom.

"Her maid." 

He mouthed the words wow, obviously completely shocked at this.

"He sent you in place of his daughter? And he knew?" Jillian asked pointing at Nazereth.

"He found out later," I said avoiding looking at Nazereth or Jillian.

Instead, I stared at the fire in front of me. Drowning caused me to feel a little sleepy and I was dozing off barely listening to what Jillian was asking.

"How did you survive?" He asked clearly indicating the fact that how did I survive living with the enemy.

I waited for a few seconds hoping that Nazereth would defend himself but of course, he didn't. He just silently kept caressing my arm and I think that was one of the few reasons my eyes were becoming heavy.

"I found a reason to live," I stated simply.

And It would be a lie to say that I didn't see the disappointment in Jillian's eyes. 

"You tamed the beast." He said in a light tone.

"No, he never was a beast. He is the kindest human I have ever met." I said in a defensive tone.

That made Jillian chuckle.

"You are lucky, Your Highness." He said.

"I know, now let her sleep." Nazereth finally spoke in a strict tone.

"Yeah, I will check up with Syrion instead. He must be dealing with quite a lot at the moment." He said and got up.

"Thank you," I whispered as I relaxed as soon as Jillian left.

"Sleep, we will soon get some bad news." He said and pulled me down on his lap.

His affection and care were overflowing to me with the slightest use of power. He was worried and also slightly agitated due to Jillian and his intrusive nature.

"You know about something?" I asked my eyes already closing.

"Sleep, we will talk later." He said and I did because I could barely stay awake.

"Zephora, Zephora, dear." It felt like Nazereth was calling me in the dream but I knew it was real because I could feel his hand on my shoulder shaking me.

"We need to go, Ermeline has declared a war on the Air Kingdom."

That made me get up from sleep.

"She did what?"

"She declared a war." Syrion's voice was even harsher and filled with pain.

"Why?"

"She is on a war spree. Clarence sent a message and Jillian already left. We need to go now." Nazereth said.

"Where will you two go?" Syrion asked hoping this would not end the death of the woman he came to love.

I wanted to go and help Clarence and Ermeline. I wanted to stop King of Udairis for taking advantage of a loyal son and from Ermeline of making mistakes that she might regret.

But I couldn't choose for now because above all I wanted to be with Nazereth because this might be the chance of chaos he could choose to attack Udairis and I would not want to leave Nazereth around when he would be making the toughest decisions in his life.

"We will return to Krobet, reconcile with Darren and Fergie, and return to Zyhpira with reinforcements." Nazereth surprised both me and Syrion with his words.

"You will come to our aid?" He asked because everyone knew to have a solo Firemaster as an ally was a huge advantage but with allies, they were almost invincible. 

"My wife here loves me and she apparently cares for you princess too so I don't want her hating me in case something happened to Ermeline."

Syrion nodded his eyes filled with gratitude.

And just because I felt warmth encompassing my heart, I intertwined his fingers with mine. He was getting worse at pretending to be bad.

Syrion left bowing for the first time before the King curtly because the feeling of respect was now emanating from him.

For a change, Morel lept into my arm as I came back home. All I wanted to do is snuggle in my bed and sleep.

But I couldn't afford the luxury, we had a mission to complete and things to do.

I heard the Princess has finally gone berserk.

Some respect Morel, she is a kind human.

But she is a cursed human and she doesn't know yet who cursed her.

She is suffering for crimes she didn't commit.

Like you are.

Morel was always the sharp tongue.

Also, please concentrate on developing your power, if you did with that weapon you would know it's not princess Ermeline anymore.

What is that supposed to mean Morel?

The cat sighed, actually sighed.

Her soul is consumed by the energy and the power of the gem. Her father tried to extinguish his soul I suppose which led to gem overpowering her. She is evil now, just like the curse suggested.

 I couldn't come to terms with those facts, Princess Ermeline was not evil, never evil. No matter how overpowered she was, she was a fighter, strong and brave. She escaped the palace and found a home among the pirates. She learned to fight, she was fearless and honorable. 

Stop lamenting the course of fate and inform the King about this.

I will do that but you need to help me a little with the weapon, with the power with my memories, anything.

Promise,  this time I will since you are too wrapped around helping your husband.

Like you don't adore him.

It was unbelievable how morel didn't even refuse and started walking away. The creature worked in wondrous ways. He always knew where I was, he could alone guard the whole palace and Nazereth even trusted him. He knew what was wrong with Ermeline even with this distance and yet he told me no help till I learn the ways of the weapon.

Why wouldn't he give me my memories? What instruction did my mother give him?

Queen your bodyguard is here and she seems in looovee.

This cat was much more conniving than a human.

Nevertheless, I rushed outside leaving behind the leisurely walking Morel. I missed Fergie and I wanted to see what changed during the past month since these two were gone.

Apparently Morel knew more than I did because I was just to scare to use my power.

By the time I reached the throne room, Darren was hugging Nazereth like a long lost brother while Fergie was in an attentive mode. Allowing myself to feel a little, I felt strong admiration from Fergie to Darren, a little bit of adoration and pride from Darren to Fergie.

 I couldn't feel more relieved to see these two find hope in each other.

"We have gathered the forces, the fiends would surround Udairis while bandits would guard and block the path in between. We have Enerbris travelers to handle the marine force and the spies we have will keep us updated. Armys of griffins have reached the Air Kingdom border and we need you to command the dragon."

War. This was happening. A war was being raged and that would mean the cycle will repeat. The cycle of blood, death, mourning, slavery, and revenge. The never-ending cycle in thirst of power greed and ruling when in this scenario no one wins, just lives are lost. And for what, a throne. People thrust for power like they are immortal and won't be turned to ashes or buried in ground irrespective of their position. And yet they kill.

Taking a life is never justified unless the one being killed is pure evil and would cause more destruction than anyone could imagine. But putting several innocents as a sacrifice doesn't make sense.

But then again, I am an Empath and no one could ever feel emotions like a splash of ice-cold water on my face, like me walking through fire or like me falling from the highest point into pits of darkness. I felt emotions three-fold stronger and war will break me piece by piece now that my power was active.

"Zephora." Nazereth's loud voice snapped me to reality.

"Hmm?" I asked my throat too dry to speak.

"What is wrong love?" He asked and I went back in state of speechlessness.

Love? His endearment term made the audience suppress their grins.

"I hate wars," I stated with a pained smile.

He nodded with a gentle kind look on his face.

"I understand."

No, no one does. No one knows how much toll it would take on me. Maybe that's why Morel asked me to learn weapon use.

"We will be back before you know it. Fergie and Morel will be here guarding you." He said and a frown formed on my face.

"When will you leave?" I asked counting my days of practice with the weapon.

"Three days from now." He said not understanding my question.

"I will come with you."

Agitation and exasperation was the first emotion he felt. Hypocrite. I should allow him to walk in danger alone but he wouldn't do the same for me.

"This is not up for discussion." He said and I felt disappointed at his words.

Obviously I was fragile and a liability.

"Exactly, I am coming with you." I didn't always argue because I was brought up like a slave but I needed to say this out loud.

My heart was thumping and I was using all my adrenaline to convey my emotions and words.

"Zephora." He said in a warning tone and I noticed Darren and Fergie awkwardly avoiding us.

"Then your plan is to slaughter whoever comes in your way and just increase dead bodies and casualties of the war so that more and more are left without families and live a scarred life either left with no hope or desire for revenge. You know that I can reduce that better than anyone. You need me. For once I can not be a liability."

I actually let out a breath after I was done with my rant.

And silence fell around us. 

"Okay, my Queen. But let's get two points across. I never ever consider you my weakness or liability as you said. What I do consider is you as my family, the only one left alive. So it would literally break me if anything happened to you. As someone who knows my emotions so well should understand this.

And secondly, I love you so thank you for having a reason to come with me." Even though the words were said in an unromantic strict tone my heart and body melted in a puddle.

"Yeah, well... I love you too." I mumbled all adrenaline gone and so did the courage and I rushed after my bashful confession.

I just needed to understand that stupid weapon to assist my husband in the war now and minimize the damage a war would cause. 

I hope I would not be the Empath everyone feared,  I hope somewhere my mother will be proud of me and saving my life.

On my worse days, It's difficult writing as an Empath because I feel like humans are not worthy of trust and care. Everyone is selfish. And today was one of these days. One of my friends has been lying to me about something so stupid and I don't even know why? It's money matters. I should have expected because good friends are as mythical as awesome boyfriends I guess.

Anyway, don't drown in my sob story, I will be fine. I honestly feel glad I found BTS and they make me sane and happy. Also, you guys who appreciate my work, I love you, honestly.

Hope you liked the chapter and Zephora was still a good Empath despite my shitty mood.

HAPPY READING LOVES!

And just a reminder, stay healthy and safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

406 8 1
When they love him, but he's in love with his bad boy ways. (Want the entire 700 pages of this series in 1 book? Go online to Apple Itunes, Barnes...
84 3 28
Rose Lovelle, Princess of Adaia, is caught between a rock and a hard place. The rock being her arranged engagement with the Prince of the neighboring...
76.2K 8K 63
A princess in name, in body, and in blood but when her mask is on, she becomes the thief who's the enemy of all nobles and the savior of the helpless...
128K 7.2K 64
Yoongi is a vampire prince. He has all of the power and riches he could dream of. But he is bored. Bored of his sister, Princess Jang-mi, and her mat...