๐ˆ๐ ๐๐„๐“๐–๐„๐„๐

By accxoxo

โฃ๏ธŽ๊จ„"๐—ง๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—œ๐—ป ๐—•๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป" โฃ๏ธŽ"Change was never something you enjoyed,how will a big change like... More

- Prologue -
- Chapter 1 -
- Chapter 2 -
- Chapter 3 -
- Chapter 4 -
- Chapter 5 -
- Chapter 6 -
- Chapter 7 -
- Chapter 8 -
- Chapter 9 -
- Chapter 10 -
- Chapter 11 -
- Chapter 12 -
- Chapter 13 -
- Chapter 14 -
- Chapter 15 -
- Chapter 16 -
- Chapter 17 -
- Chapter 18 -
- Chapter 19 -
- Chapter 20 -
- Chapter 21 -
- Chapter 22 -
- Chapter 23 -
- Chapter 24 -
- Chapter 25 -
- Chapter 26 -
- Chapter 27 -
- Chapter 28 -
- Chapter 29 -
- Chapter 30 -
- Chapter 31 -
- Chapter 32 -
- Chapter 33 -
- Chapter 34 -
- Chapter 35 -
- Chapter 36 -
- Chapter 37 -
- Chapter 38 -
- Chapter 39/Q&A -
- Chapter 40 -
- Chapter 41 -
- Chapter 42 -
- Chapter 43 -
- Epilogue -

- Chapter 44 -

14.3K 604 1.7K
By accxoxo

Tightly holding your hand, the warmth of his skin on yours, your heartbeat quickened.

Atsumu dragged you behind him.
His honey brown eyes sparkling with anticipation.

Giggling against the strong breeze blowing through the hills, you begged for him to slow down.
"Oi! Shut yer trap and follow me."
He ordered, his voice sounded rather sweet.
The crescent moon poked out of the clouds as stars scattered across the sky.
Surprisingly, there were already crowds cascaded across the hills.
Along the hills sat a whole neighborhood, it seemed that everyone had come outside to see the fireworks.

Behind you, Suna Rintaro still stood solemnly at the porch, fiddling his fingers as he watched you and Atsumu from afar.
His words hadn't made a difference to you, since you believed that maybe losing you was the best thing for him.
Aran Ojiro ran after you and Atsumu,
Mei and Kita followed behind him.
Kita's hand gripped Mei wrist, the two staring into each other's eyes as they rushed downhill.
Mei's eyes sparkled for the first time in forever.
She finally knew she wasn't alone.

From the roof, Himari stood idly, sipping her drink, she looked down at the hills.
Sneering at the crowds, she furrowed her eyebrows the minute she spotted Atsumu grabbing onto your arm.
"Disgusting."
She thought, turning away.

Down by the hills, people had set up picnic blankets, brought food, pillows, cameras and other personal belongings.
Suna exhaled watching his breath curl up in the air, the cold turning his nose red.
The door behind him swung open.
Two people exited the house.
One of them was Osamu, the other was Yuma.
She was still dripping wet, her makeup smudged.
Osamu glanced over his shoulder to spot the terrifying sight.

"You look like a demon."
He replied bluntly.

"GET OFF MY PROPERTY!"
Yuma screeched, she quickly rushed back inside the door slamming behind her.

Osamu shrugged, taking a moment to catch Suna's eye.
He had a bento box full of onigiris in his hands.

"Hey."

"Hey." Suna replied, his dark eyes staring intently at Osamu.

"She's with 'Tsumu." He added.

"Who..?" Osamu asked.

"(y/n), you're here for her after all."

Osamu hesitated, taking a deep breath.
The Miya twin shook his head.

"I'm here to have fun, seeing her happy is just a bonus." He smiled, a day-dreamy look in his eyes.

Suna scoffed. "I suppose we all are."

Osamu nodded. "She sure is special huh?"

Suna agreed. "Yeah."

"Happy New Year Suna." Osamu replied.

Suna blinked expectantly.
"You're not gonna yell at me for being a terrible boyfriend or some shit..?"

Osamu shook his head, stuffing his face.

"Nah, you were still an amazing friend. I'm sure she appreciates you for being there for her, since the very beginning."
Osamu explained, a strange but familiar faraway look in his eyes.
The light of the stars reflected off his pupils.

Suna's lazy eyes widened.
He gave Osamu a "you really think so" look.
Osamu grinned and nodded.
"If being with 'Tsumu makes her happy, so be it."

"Do you love her..?" Suna whispered.

"Do you..?"

"I don't know."

Osamu sighed.
"I'm not sure, but what's important to me is her happiness, not my satisfaction."

"Hm.." Suna has a thoughtful look on his face.

"See ya man, practice is on Monday." Osamu replied, as he left the porch, ready to join the rest of the crowd.

Suna shoved his hands in his pockets and rested his chin in his arms.
Tonight really was beautiful.
The people, the sky, the vibes, everything felt just perfect.

—•—

𝙿𝚂: 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐
[𝙸 𝙲𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚕𝚎 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎- 𝙱𝚢 𝚁𝚘𝚊𝚛] 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚢𝚢! :)

Back at the hills, Atsumu yanked your arm, forcing you to sit next to him.
The grass beneath you felt cold and wet.
"Ew!" you jumped.
Atsumu chuckled.
He grabbed his jacket and lay it on the ground for you to sit on.
"You really don't have to-"

Atsumu shushed you.
"Sit."

Obediently, you sat next to him.

[11:57pm]

Atsumu glanced at his watch.
"The fireworks show is in 3 minutes."

"So this is it." you whispered.

"What is..?" Atsumu questioned.

"I'm leaving."

"God dammit, stop reminding me about that shit. Listen.." The setter reached for your chin, gently lifting it up.
You gulped, ready for the male to scold you again for filling tonight with such negative thoughts.
He stared into your deep (e/c) eyes, not saying a word.
This was the most quiet Atsumu had been around you in a while.
He seemed so unusually calm and composed, much like his brother.

From the corner of your eye, you spotted Kita and Mei lay next to each other on the grass, happily chatting, Mei holding up her phone for a selfie.

[11:59pm]

"The countdown's gonna start soon." Ojiro called out, he sat a couple feet away from you and Atsumu, Osamu was happily sharing onigiri with him.
His dark eyes fell on you for a moment, before tearing them away to admire the sky.

"Any minute now..." the thought rattled your mind.

Atsumu still had a grip over your chin, yet his eyes were glued onto the sky expectantly.
You didn't even notice your heartbeat quicken, you weren't sure if it was because of Atsumu's touch or the anticipation for the fireworks.
The song "I Can't Handle Change" played in the background, flooding your ears.
It was a bit ironic, you had always been the person who couldn't handle change, coming to Japan was a prime example.
But here you were, with the best friend group you could imagine having, a nice school, the last couple months had been very eventful, maybe even a bit depressing.
Yet it was still a change.
One you managed to handle.
One you would cherish for the rest of your life.

"Start the countdown!"
Someone screamed from the distance.

"3...!"

Atsumu's hands moved down from your face, both of them, now tightly holding your hands.

"2...!"

He turned to look at you, a lazy smile crossing his face, he closed his eyes for a second.
He looked rather dreamy, so happy and calm, so unlike him.
Cupping his hands over yours, he planted a gentle kiss on them.
You felt yourself turn crimson, your ears getting uncomfortably hot.

"1...!"

"Oi, can I tell you something...?"
Atsumu asked.

For some reason, tears lined your eyes, as the final number was counted down.

In unison the whole crowd screamed at the top of their lungs:

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!"

You, Atsumu, Osamu, Ojiro, Mei and Kita screamed along, as the crowd cheered and laughed.

BOOM!

The fireworks went off.
The sky erupted with different colors, hundreds of fireworks of different sizes exploded across the night sky.
Everyone seemed to quiet down, admiring the view.
The colors cascading across the once calm night, the music playing in the background was drowned out by these loud noises.
The colors of the fireworks reflected off the gentle water of the lake.

Without even noticing it, you started crying...hard.
The setter looked at you in utter shock, as your body jolted forward as a sob wretched out of you.
Tears streaming down your face made the lights and colors of the night look blurry.
Sobs escaped your lips, as you quickly covered your face in embarrassment.
Atsumu cocked his head to the side, trying to figure out what to do.
"(y-y/n) Kim...?"
He asked, gently reaching for your face.
The fireworks kept booming, drowning out the sound of your sobs, as you tried desperately to wipe your tears.

"Please tell me what happened."
Atsumu begged.

You laughed, turning to look at him.
"I-I'm s-sorry..." you managed to say.

"Why?" He asked, scrunching up his face impatiently. His grip on your hands grew tighter.

"I-I love you..."

Atsumu's eyes widened as those words made their way out of your mouth.
The words melted his heart.
Quickly, he grabbed you, pulling you with such force that you crashed down on top of him.
As Atsumu's back hit the cold grass, he kissed you.

Another firework exploded in the background as your lips met, the biggest one yet.
The sound and size was massive.
The firework was pink, it looked rather lovely.
Tears continued falling down your cheeks, as you clutched Atsumu's shirt, he didn't dare tear his face away from you. His lips sealed against yours, it was like all your sorrows melted away.

Your mom.

The move.

Noah.

Suna.

Himari.

Everything vanished.
Finally, you two let go of each other, taking a deep breath after the long kiss.
You buried your face in the crook of his neck, nudging your nose against his cold skin.

"I LOVE YOU TOO GOD DAMMIT!"
Atsumu yelled.

You gasped as you heard his reply.
"Really..?"

"Fucking dumbass! Of course, since the day you asked me at the subway station if I like someone, it was you stupid!"
He exclaimed, a smile crossing his face.

You chuckled, as another tear rolled down your cheek.

"Didn't I tell you that crying was annoying princess..?" Atsumu scolded.

"I-I can't s-stop." you stammered.

"Sure you can princess."
He yanked you forward, your head hitting his chest.
You could hear his heartbeat, and for a second it felt as though your hearts synced.

"My subway girl...can I say that?" He asked.

"Yes, my subway boy." you grinned, nestling into his chest.

Atsumu chuckled, digging his face into your hair, he sighed in relief.

From the distance, Suna stood watching the whole thing go down.
"Enjoy it while it lasts.." he thought.
His heart hurt as he saw you rest on top of Atsumu.
But even he knew that this was for the best.
With that, he headed back inside, ready to head home, and never speak to you again.

Osamu, who sat a couple feet away from you two, exhaled.
The gnawing feeling in his chest was torturing him, but somehow he managed to smile seeing his brother finally being able to feel for someone.
And seeing you, truly happy.
"Maybe one day, you'll be mine."
He thought, hearing the chatter die down around him, as he lay in the grass.
His mind was blank.
It was calming.
It was perfect.
Mei and Kita, too, had kissed at the countdown.
Mei sat with her head resting on Kita's shoulder.

As you and Atsumu sat up, you lazily rested your head on his lap, your heart still beating fast, and your cheeks were still flustered.

After a long moment of silence between you two, Atsumu took a deep breath.

Hesitantly, he stroked your face with his hand, his smile greeting you.

"Tell me (y/n)..."
His voice was husky.

You stared at the empty lake, still deep in thought.

"Hm?" you asked.

"Are you still..."
Once again, a long pause.

Another firework erupted.
A smile crossed your face.
Atsumu's voice drowned out, yet you had still managed to hear what he had said.
Needless to say, you still couldn't answer the question:

"Trapped In Between...?"

- The End -

————————————————————

𝚈𝚘, 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝟸 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏
𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝙸𝚗 𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗!
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚜𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚍
𝙰𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝟺 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖  𝚊 𝚠𝚎𝚋𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚗 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 "𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙺𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝙱𝚎𝚝" 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝟸 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝟺 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚖 𝚏𝚞𝚗 𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 & 𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚍 ✨𝚊 𝚖 𝚊 𝚣 𝚒 𝚗 𝚐✨ 𝚟𝚒𝚋𝚎𝚜.
𝙸 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍.
𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚍𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝟺 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚕
(𝚒'𝚕𝚕 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔 𝚘𝚛 𝟸)
𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚋𝚎 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚋𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚕 𝚙𝚕𝚣 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚎 @𝙰𝚌𝚌𝚡𝚘𝚡𝚘

𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚕 ☟︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 262 25
Miya Osamu x femreader As a kid, you met the infamous Miya twins... Growing up, Atsumu bullies you and becomes more and more aggressive... Osamu is c...
220K 4.7K 21
หš เผ˜โ™ก ยทหš โ‚Šหšห‘เผ„ุ˜. ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ/๐ง ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ง๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐š ๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฅ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฃ๐ž๐œ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฆ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ '๐›๐š๐ ๐›๐จ๐ฒ' ๐จ๏ฟฝ...
171K 4.2K 17
๐‘†๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘Ž ๐‘ฅ ๐น๐‘’๐‘š! ๐‘…๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ โ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐’๐‡๐ˆ๐“ ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ ๐“๐„๐„๐๐€๐†๐„ ๐…๐„๐•๐„๐‘โž โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* '*โ€ข.ยธโ™ก โ™กยธ.โ€ข*' โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”*:๏ฝฅ. ห—หห‹ 'หŽห— ห—หห‹...
54.5K 1.6K 17
๐—” ๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—ฌ ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž ๐—Œ๐—๐–บ๐—‹๐— ๐—๐—ˆ ๐–ฟ๐–บ๐—…๐—… ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ ๐—๐—‚๐—๐— ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹ ๐–ป๐–พ๐—Œ๐— ๐–ฟ๐—‹๐—‚๐–พ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–ป๐—Ž๐— ๐–บ๐—‹๐–พ ๐–บ๐–ฟ๐—‹๐–บ๐—‚๏ฟฝ...