Life As Teikoku's Manager (an...

By SoarLikeTheWind

Sakurai Shizumi was just a shy, average student at Teikoku Gakuen until she bumped into Kidou, captain of the... More

♔ Copyright ♔
Oh Crap, What Have I Done?
Seeing Him Through A New Light
Resurfacing Memories
A Strange Encounter
Pre-Game Preparations
Teikoku's Soccer
The Return Of Gouenji Shuuya
Penguin Boxers and First Kisses
Why Did You Leave, Inoue?
Reflections
Defying the Gods
Death Bringer
Can I Still Play Soccer?
Back At the FF
The Death Bringer's Duty Is To Win
Phoenix Rebirth
Some Things Are More Important Than Winning
Bonds Are Hard To Build
Oh No, Bad News
A Run In With People I Didn't Want To Run Into
Let's Decide This With Soccer
The Truth Of Hinata
Pomegranate Eyes
A Kiss In Exchange For Forgiveness
Friends For Life
Love Won't Change Some Things
To Become A Teammate is a Vow to Life
A New Hissatsu
Patching The Bonds
Confessions
Stress is Contagious
Messengers From Heaven
Training Camp
A Heck Of A Mess
Angel's Descent
To Ruins the World Will Fall, and We Shall Stand
The Grand Finale
Yuuka {FIN}
It's Not Over Yet...

The Lion Will Protect His Prize

2.9K 103 24
By SoarLikeTheWind

I already wrote a chapter for Kidou and Sakuma, so it's Genda's turn now! This chapter is dedicated to DragonessKunoichi (on Wattpad) for supporting me throughout this story.

        The next day, when I walked up to the gate of the gigantic school, I saw a certain goalkeeper leaning on the side. "Ohayo, Genda-san," I greeted politely as stopped in front of him. He looked up, or down in this case, "Oh. Ohayo, Shizumi-chan."  I never really noticed how tall he was compared to me, and I was pretty average height. His tall, ninth-grader-like built towered over me.

        "Are you waiting for somebody?" I asked. Since when did he ever come so early? Usually it was just me, a few teachers, and a few other students who I recognized. "I was waiting for you, Shi~zu~chan~," he leaned toward me and replied playfully, drawing out my name. I felt my heart beat faster like yesterday when Sakuma smiled at me, but instead of taking my breath away, this time I felt nervous. Yet in a good way somehow. Was that even possible?

        I managed to get out a "Why?" before I thought I was going to faint. Luckily I didn't. That would have been really embarrassing if I did, and Kidou was going to wave it in my face every chance he got if he ever found out.

        "Just wanted to see if you wanna hang out with me after school today. There's a new coffee shop near the school that just opened," said Genda with a smile that made him look like a child. I felt the temptation tugging at me. I didn't trust anyone on the soccer team so I always kept my guard up around them other than the cyan haired striker, but even Sakuma I didn't trust completely.

        Right now, I could feel my guard slipping at his cute smile. "Gomen Genda-san, I can't," I said at last. He pouted, melting my heart and making me regret my decision, "Can you help me study for my science test? I need to get a good grade on it since I failed the last one."

        I felt the wall I kept in the middle of us start crumbling. He really knew how to convince people to get what he wants, ne? I knew it was all just a cute face he was putting up, but it was working really well. If I don't do something quick, my mouth is going to say yes without my command. "There's still half an hour before first period starts. I can show you the main points to study in the library right now," I told him, even though I knew what he actually wanted was a date, not to ace the test. I saw the disapointment wash over his face, but he quickly regained composure and followed me to the library.

Time Skip to After Practice

        "That's it for today. And don't forget that we have a practice match against Raimon the day after tomorrow!" Kidou called to everyone, thus dismissing them from practice. Today's Kuroi Hane Taifuu trials were all fails, with the three trying to learn it only occasionally getting one with a bit of wind like the one Sakuma shot yesterday. The Commander watched them with a disapointed gaze. Well of couse they couldn't do it yet. It isn't a move that anyone could learn easily. That was why only one person able to use it was ever known, and that was the black haired boy of Kidowkawa Seishuu with the number 13 who was nicknamed the Death Bringer. And the word "Death" wasn't a word to be taken lightly.

        Sadly, I couldn't go to the Steel Tower Plaza like yesterday since I actually did need to study for that test Genda mentioned in the morning. I changed back into my uniform since I keep my tracksuit at school on days with school. Then I picked up my bag which was a little heavy today because my science textbook was also in it. Usually, I leave all my textbooks in my locker unless I need to use them.

 in the middle of a busy city. Usually, people were walking on both streets that the alleyway connected, so I never had to worry about danger. If I shouted, or perhaps fake a high, girly shriek, then surely someone would come to my rescue. And if worse comes to worse, I would have many witnesses.

        But I felt a chill run up my spine when I discovered that I had to cross a long, dark alley in the corner of the city where there was suspiciously no one around today. If I stepped into the alley, then I would be straying from where there was people, but this was the only route home. All I could do was hold my breath and run through and hope I get to the other end as quick as possible, and safely too. And of course, with my bad luck these days, two gangsters just had to come greet me.

        "Well, well, well. What do we have here. A girl wandering the streets alone," said who looked like the leader. He had purple hair styled strangely, almost like moose horns, and was tall, around Genda's height. My eyes instinctively scoured over them first, my mind remembering every detail. It was a habit I had taught myself a long time ago. Always observe the enemy first. The scrawny orange haired boy standing next to the tall purple haired one looked scared but was pretending to look brave. "This is our street," he said, voice trembling a little, "Tobi the Kicker will teach you a lesson." Should I be cocky to risk buying time or angering him or fake timid and play it safe, since he looked like the type who would go easy on girls? I decided to go with cocky, but my mind was whirring quickly already. A plan instantly starting forming in my mind. Lure them into the right angle then push the shorter boy into the taller one to give me a two second head start, which should be enough for my speed to take me out of this alley.

        "Oh? You're looking pretty beaten up already," I directed at the short one, but made sure the tall one heard. "What did you say about Suzume?" the Tobi the Kicker shouted and pushed me against a wall. Crap. I had accidently hit a nerve and made him angry. I was never that great at playing gamble. It was time for Plan B. I had always been much better at acting.

        "L-let go of-f me-e-e..." I trembled, tears forming in my eyes, "P-ple-please..." What boy could resist against harming a cute, scared girl? I felt the boy's grip on me loosen a little. Perfect. I shoved him backward with all my might even though all it did was make him loose his balance for a few seconds. I then shoved the smaller kid who had to be Suzume to the side as I ran down the alley. Just like I planned, the taller boy cared about the shorter boy a lot so he helped steady him first, giving me the two second head start I wanted, then came charging with fury. Though surprisingly, he wasn't falling that far behind like most people who try to catch up to my speed, but I was slowly putting more distance between us. Yes, a little more and I'll be out...

        Three more gansters blocked the exit, and I skidded to a stop. Five seconds later, the tall boy caught up and blocked the other side of the alley. Soon, Suzume also caught up and joined the tall one. I looked at every one of them carefully, trying to find a crack. Even a little, and with my speed I'll leave them in the dust. But there was none. I was trapped. I couldn't take down even one boy completely if they were fit and taller than me, let alone four plus one midget. If only I had a soccer ball right now.

        "How dare you hurt Suzume," Tobi the Kicker growled. The four taller boys advanced in on me. "Yeah," one of them said," Tobi the Kicker's gonna git you for this." The purple haired leader did a sideway kick at my head. Shocked at how strong the kick was, I only barely ducked just in time. "Tsch," said one of the gansters, "She's not as weak as we thought." Tobi the Kicker kicked at my face again, but harder and faster this time. A part of his boot scraped my cheek. I could tell that the boys were getting angrier and angrier. But this time when he tried to kick me, I was prepared. Showing too much of your moves to your opponent was a common beginner mistake that he made. When he brung his right leg up, I slid downward and kicked his left shin at the pressure point. I heard a grotesque but satisfying cracking sound as he collapsed to the floor.

        For a moment, the three standing and one midget stared at each other in awkward silence, debating what to do with their boss taken out. Then  finally, the short boy shouted, "Get her!" The three nodded. The first one punched me pretty hard on the upper arm, and another punted me in the knee. I closed my eyes bracing the attack as the third was about to punch me in the face. But it never came.

        Nervously cracking open one ruby red eye, I saw the boy collapsing onto the ground. Behind him stood a tall boy with spiky hair brushed to the side. Genda Koujirou.

        The remaining two and Suzume stared at the K.O.G. with as much shock as me, probably wondering why the best goalkeeper in Japan was in a dark alley in the corner of town. "What?" Genda asked angrily, "Ever seen someone take out someone else in one punch before?" That was when the gangsters knew the true color of the situation. They stared at each other, and ran away back into the depth of the alley.

        "Are you okay?" he asked me when the gansters were no where to be seen. "Wh-why are you here?" I stammered. "I have to cross the main road to get home," he said, already helping me limp out the alley, "But then I heard some noises that sounded like Tobi the Kicker and his gang at work, so I thought I'd check it out. You were lucky that I came just in time."

        I walked in silence, the earlier events still replaying in my mind. I would have been dead if Genda hadn't shown up. I really got lucky this time.

        A few minutes later, we reached an apartment building. "Arigatou," I said, and started walking up to the elevator that would take me to my floor. "Wait, you live here too?" Genda asked me. "Huh?" I replied, "Yeah. You?" "Same here," he told me, and boarded the elevator with me. Did I really never noticed that I lived in the same apartment building as my school's goalkeeper?

        "Be more careful next time, 'kay?" he told me when he got off at his floor. "Hai," I answered, "Sorry to cause you trouble today." "It's okay. No big deal. I'm glad you're safe." Then the elevator door closed, leaving me to ponder why my heart was pounding so fast at his words which seemed to have a hidden meaning in them.

When this story happens has finally been set! I'm gonna start at the beginning of the anime when Teikoku Gakuen have a practice match with Raimon, then rewrite the whole storyline (I won't change any events) with Shizumi in it, all the way to the FFI. It won't stretch to the GO timeline though, since I didn't watch it yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.1K 1.8K 25
[Discontinued] [DON'T. READ. THIS. EVER. AGAIN. Because the book I made years ago is cringey to me, because it was written by a childish me in the p...
13.9K 384 12
(Inazuma Eleven FF) (Dark Endou FF) Book 1: In Which He Plays Summary: Their story began with their captain. They grew when he did. They flew when he...
1K 52 11
Nishi Rina is a 16 year-old teenager in NYC, captain of team Unicorn and living her best life. She has no interest in her excellent academics whatsoe...
72.3K 2.9K 37
⚠️English isn't my main language! Be warned of bad grammar! - (Books cover art: not found the creator please dm me if you know the artist who did th...