Amarendra Devasena - The stor...

By Meenu_Panda

This story is all about Amarendra Devasena, their Romance and the way they take their life with all conspirac... More

Cast
Tholi Choopu
Sneaky King
The Engagement
Devasena The Queen Of Maahishmati
The First Gift to The Bride
Problems- Just a beginning
The (Mis)Understanding
Amarendra Devasena Pelli
Shobanam- The Wedding Night
A Plan A Mystery
A Memorable Journey
Manohari's Mohana
A Sunrise With Beloved
Love In the Wild
Author's note
A fight and The Makeup
A spark
The Zaveri Nagar Mela
A New Emotion
A New Feeling
In the Dark Night Lit By the Moonlight
The Good News
A Bitter News
The Hamsa Naava
Return to Maahishmati
A Serious Confrontation
A Reunion Unexpected
A Birthday to Remember
A Lullaby
A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably
Plight of Parents
Brotherhood
A Friend In Need..!
The New Bonds
The First Sign- A Relaization
Dandaalayya- Maa Tho Ne Nuvvu Undaalayya
Kanna Nidurinchara
Amarenda Devasena Varasudu
A Mother's Love
The First Flower of the Season
An Early Anniversary Celebration with Unexpected Gift..!
The Yagnam..!
The Fallen Warrior
Nirnayam Lo Chanchalam- A Teaser
Rise of the Fallen
Haunting of the Forgotten
Author's note+Suprise
The War Begins!
Enter the Fortress
The King Returns
The Fall of The Evil
Doubts and Determination
The King and Queen
The Mahamantri
The Verdict!
Another Revelation
The Return of Festivities
Plans!

A Story to tell

611 33 33
By Meenu_Panda

"WHAT ?"

Mahendra asked with his eyes wide.

"Wasn't Ravinagaram Yuvaraja Indhuavadan very young that time?"

Devasena asked. Kattappa shook his head.

"After Raja Vivasvan had an argument with Maharani Prasanna Devi, he immediately went back and announced that his 15 year old son will take the throne soon and for which he will also get married soon. They decided that their own niece will be his wife, Yuvarani Jeevani. They got them married soon so that they can have the coronation soon. I don't know what Raja Vivasvan was thinking. But then soon after Badra was born we got the news that Yuvaraja Idhuvadan and Yuvarani Jeevani were to become parents and later they gave birth to a boy. And before we can even digest these, problems rouse in our own fortress and then.."

Everyone understood what Kattappa was not saying.

Mahendra looked at his foster parents.

"You knew this?"

Chandrayya just nodded his head.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"All elders know about this. Since we knew the one who destroyed the royal family was still alive and was spreading terror through his tyranny, and when we knew that he had sent men to kill you, who were still a baby, killing one more wouldn't be a problem, we thought to keep it quiet. We wanted his safety. Just like we wanted yours."

Sanga explained to Mahendra.

"When Mallanna and Sammakka brought him and told us about the killings and the fire, our first thought was to save the just born child. His parents, Yuvaraja Indhuvadan and his wife, Jeevani gave him to Mallanna and Sammakka who were working there to help her deliver the child."

Chandrayya said and looked at Amarendra and Devasena who had eyes only on the boy. Shailendra stood there without saying anything. But his demeanor screamed his pent up anger. Amarendra went near the boy who was not much younger than Mahendra.

"I want to hear it from you"

Was all he said.

"What I say will be only the versions that I have heard. Just like your son did not know anything about his birth, I knew nothing too."

"For how long have you been hearing?"

Devasena asked.

"Since I can understand my surroundings. For a very long time."

"We did not want him to be deprived of the truth of his birth."

Mallanna said for his son, whom he brought up with much affection and devotion.

"Did you want to do anything about your birthplace?"

Devasena asked.

"I did."

Devasena and Amarendra frowned. So did others.

"I stood with my friend. I helped him defeat the person who made me an orphan. Who killed my Athaiyya just for choosing the right. So I have done my right to my birthplace."

Shailendra said with his head held high.

"But, Ravinagaram.."

Vismaya wanted to tell about the place that is nothing but wasteland now. But Shailendra cut her.

"It's of no use now. I have made peace. I have a family, I have my friends and people who love me. That is far enough. When we could not save our subjects, when there is no one to live in that haunted place, then there is no use talking about it, thinking about it."

Shailendra said giving respect to his motherland, his parents who gave birth to him and his foster family.

"Don't say that. You were born there. Your parents.."

Vismaya tried to console the boy but he again cut her.

"But there is nothing more left of it. The way Maharaja, I mean, Bhallaladeva, destroyed the place.. Well, it's not like Kunthalam which had the river to save it from burning down to ashes. Ravinagaram got destroyed completely"

"Did you visit?"

Amarendra asked, understanding the pain in his voice. SHailendra sighed.

"Once."

"How come no one could escape?"

Devasena asked. Kattappa shook his head.

"Bhallaladeva's men made sure that no one escape. They did not know that he escaped with the people who were there to care for Yuvarani post delivery. And since they were mostly in or around woods, they could escape as soon as they could smell that something bad was about to happen and managed to save the Prince."

Kattappa explained.

"Please, Kattappa varu, I am as much a prince as you are a slave now. So don't address me as such. Now I am just a tribal boy, raised by a tribal family in a tribal community. All I know is woods, plants, medicines, animals and my people who were with me as I grew up."

Devasena and Amarendra frowned. Mahendra growled.

"You are my Vathina's nephew. My nephew."

"Exactly. How can you say that you are just a..?"

"Please Maharani. Let me be this way. After all these years, when you visited your motherland, that was flooded and left to fate, how did you feel? Devastated right? But you at least have a consolation that you saved it before the fire could destroy it to mere nothings. But Ravinagaram, is nothing but wasteland right now. All it has is the hauntings of the people who died there just because their Princess married a tyrant and had the guts to raise voice against his tyranny. When I visited that place, all I could hear was crying, agony and pain. Nothing else. So I just don't want to relive that again. Just let it go."

Vismaya was so surprised at this boy.. No.. Man, who has gone through so much but still did not say anything and now he is still not accepting his royal lineage.

"It would be better if I am just Shailendra. Not Sitanga."

He said and looked at everyone. Seeing that this is going nowhere, Devasena sighed. Mahendra frowned.

"I did not know about my family or anything. You knew and kept quiet? If only you had opened your mouth earlier.."

"What would have happened? What could you have done?"

"Who knows, I would have arrived a little sooner to save my Amma. You know how much I tried climbing that Mountain just because I felt like someone was calling me."

"Shiva! That was just your instinct. And remember I only knew about Bhallaladeva and his reign of terror over Ravinagaram. Even I did not know that he held MAharani as a captive for so many years. And Like I said, I wanted nothing to do with my past, or my royal family."

Everyone sighed. Devasena came near him.

"Okay. Fine! No one will interfere with your decisions."

Amarendra frowned. He knew Devasena well.

"Join Mahendra and Avantika in schooling."

Shailendra was about to interrupt when she gave him a look to silence him as she continued.

"Along with your friends. I already told Sanga ma and Chandrayya to get all the youngsters to school. So this is no special treatment for you."

Amarendra's frown turned to smile. He knew his wife well for sure. Vismaya who saw this change of expression in Amarendra's face and then change of tone in Devasena, too smiled. Now Vismaya understood what her mother told her about the King and the Queen. They understood each other so well that they did not need words to communicate.

"Maharani, you are right. Kattappa varu, didn't you say that these boys and girls were really good at aiming and running."

She asked. Kattappa nodded his head.

"Few kids are yet to join as they feel awkward training with Mahendra."

Amarendra shook his head.

"Like I said earlier, the next generation should be equal to all. Irrespective of their families. We announced it right? Deserving people will be given deserving treatment. Mahendra himself has to earn his position."

"Exactly. So gather everyone. If anyone feels awkward, let us talk to them. And Shailendra, you will be responsible for bringing everyone together. Everyone will be educated. No one should be left out."

Devasena said. Shailendra widened his eyes.

"Maharani.."

"Mahendra.."

Devasena looked at her son. HE understood and took his friend out to talk to him.

"Sanga ma.. Sammakka, is it true that no one escaped?"

They just shook their heads sighing.

"Thalli, like I said, anyone who tried to escape was thrown back into the fire by the assassins. Let us just say that it was fate that they escaped with the prince."

"Maharaja, Maharani.. Let us just let him be for sometime if he is not ready now. You see, just now we all are coming out of the effects of previous tyrant rule. And he lost his family, place, everything. Maybe if we let him relax and think calmly.."

Vismaya said and looked around.

"She is right Maharani Devasena. Maybe he needs some space and time."

"Hmm."

"Sammakka and Mallanna please go to your son. He might need you now."

Aslam said and sent them just as Mahendra entered.

"He is one tough nut!"

Mahendra shook his head.

"Of course. After all he is your friend."

Avantika taunted him, making his eyes widen.

"Hey! You are calling me a tough nut? Remember, it was me who followed you, climbed a mountain for you while you were busy shooting arrows and swinging your sword at me. And you call me a tough nut!"

Mahendra whined. Aslam and Arzoo hid their smiles. Amarendra and Devasena crossed their hands across their fronts and raised their eyebrows looking at the scene unfolding.

"What else did you think? You, like some invisible creature, sneak on me and draw tattoos on me, become a hurdle in my goal and then stand in front of me and ask if I liked your art as if nothing had happened and expect me to praise you?"

Avantika poured out and then looked around as she heard someone clearing their throats and widened her eyes understanding her surroundings. She immediately looked down cursing herself.

"Oho! Did my brother trouble you so much Avantika?"

"What else did he do? Open up. Lets get his ears twisted by Ammi and Badi Ammi."

Aslam and Arzoo said with a very serious face.

"I think, I will leave you to it.. Work..!"

Saying Vismaya went out shaking her head and smiling at the cute family.

"I think I will leave too."

Avantika tried her luck. But fate..!

"Stop right there!"

Devasena ordered and Avantika stopped.

"When were you both planning to reveal your story to us?"

"Story? What story?"

Again Avantika tried her luck with Devasena but Alas! The way Devasena looked at her gave her shivers.

"Mahendra!"

"Amma.. Nana.. Athi.."

"So this was your motivation to climb that waterfall!"

Sanga said remembering the day her son had gone missing after her scolding him and taking a promise from him to never try climbing that hill again.

Mahendra looked sheepish and tried to escape.

"So much happened! WE only saw what was in front of our eyes. Looks like there is much more to it."

Amarendra frowned.

"And here I was getting confused about her prayer and you getting her wish fulfilled, so whose wish might come true."

Chandrayya put forth his confusion.

"Ayya!"

Mahendra tried his best to save himself from the wrath of his mothers. Silently Avantika tried to disappear behind when she felt someone holding her hand and turned to look at Mahendra. With wide eyes she shook her head. But he pulled her and made her stand with him.

"Let me answer you all. Yes, I have been trying to climb Maha Parvatham for years without knowing its importance in my life. But failed every time. Then a mask came tumbling down and that gave me hope and I came up to the hideout and saw this woman, whose mask was with me, fighting men with so much vengeance. She was so aggressive and the way her sword bent to her every whim just enticed me. That is the story. Our story. Amma.. Nana.. Ayya.. Avantika was the reason I achieved everything I have in my life today. She brought me to my Janmabhoomi,she gave me my mother back, my father, my family. So I.."

His hold on Avantika's hand tightened.

"Avantika"

Amarendra called wanting to know it from her.

"I dedicated My whole life to one goal, saving Rani Devasena. We were trained to not feel or have emotions. But when Shiva came in my life, when he said how he came just for me, there wasn't much I could do. He was like a fresh breeze for me in the middle of the fire I was burning myself in. I am sorry.."

Devasena and Amarendra looked at each other and smiled. Devasena put a finger below Avantika's chin and made her look at her.

"Do you really love my son?"

"I love the man who came for me with just a piece of wood."

Amarendra looked at his son who looked determined. His thoughts went back to a time when he tried to woo Devasena.

"He is the same man Avantika!"

Amarendra said, smiling at his son.

"But.. Yuvaraja.."

"That doesn't change anything. But if you don't like him.. Then it is a problem."

"Nana! Don't set my story ablaze before it takes off. I already did a lot of convincing to make her behave normal with me."

Mahendra said, making everyone chuckle.

"Avantika.. So it's you who is troubling my little brother in law?"

Arzoo said, putting her arms on Avantika's shoulders. Avantika could only gape.

"Hmm! Let's discuss this later. Let's call this a day."

Amarendra concluded and everyone obeyed him and left the place. Amarendra and Devasena saw Mahendra pulling Avantika aside.

"So like you, in troubling her!"

Devasena said as she put her arms around her husband. Amarendra looked down and smiled.

"I think your thought behind naming her Avantika came to be true."

He said making her look up in surprise.

"You.."

"Deva.. I understand you better."

He said as he put his arm around her.

"Now I will have fun with Naayaka."

"Leave that poor fellow Deva."

"He is poor? You see what he has made of his own daughter?"

"He was in a drowning boat Devasena. He did what he thought was right at that time."

"Stop supporting him!"

"What to do.. You always dance on his head."

Devasena glared at him and turned to move out when she felt herself being hoisted in the air and glared at her husband again.

"Let me down!"

"Ahan!"

He said as he walked towards their abode. Devasena tried a lot to hide her smile. But at last she gave in snaking her arms around his neck and burying herself in him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

801K 29.6K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
84.4K 4.9K 31
This story basically a simple lovestory. It revloves around two character Swara Gadodia: ambitious, stubborn and a bit impulsive. Being a carin...
107K 4.5K 29
"Maan take it " Said 5 years old akshita, forwarding her hand which have a candy on it "I don't want it ita" 7 years old abhi said in his as usual...
49.8K 4.1K 48
What if Amarendra and Devasena met again, in the next life, only to rediscover their past? Devasena wakes up in a mysterious palace. Jolting through...