Forgers life

By Goldengun2002

For as long as anyone could remember humans and monsters have been at war, the conflict spanning over millenn... More

Key charectors
Chapter 1: A turn of events
Chapter 2: The girl
Chapter 3: The mall
Chapter 4: Saved by the fox
Chapter 5: Bring to work day
Chapter 6: Meeting of the Smiths
Chapter 7: The Ex
Chapter 8: The 'Party'
Chapter 10: Justice and truth
Chapter 11: The tournament begins
Chapter 12: First rounds
Chapter 13: Semi-finals
Chapter 14: Finals gone wrong
Chapter 15: The taken and the return
Chapter 16: One man army
Chapter 17: Penance and peace

Chapter 9: Secrets uncovered

290 7 2
By Goldengun2002

F/N's perspective

I looked at Garvel with a glare, glancing to my sides to see the figures in the corners had their eyes bearing down on me.

F/N: "I don't have a choice, do I?"

Garvel: "Bravo, the pest has brains."

He said with a smirk as he unfolded his jet black wings and stood up. His hands clasped behind his back as he looked down on me.

Garvel: "What we are here to discuss is the final nail in my little plan for you and your little shop."

He said in a snarky tone. Caught up in his little speech to notice that I moved my hand into my pocket and hit record on my phone.

F/N: "And what might that be? I know you failed last time to burn down my shop."

Garvel: "Oh yes, that. I am quite surprised you were able to stop that. Though I do have to thank you I guess, you did bring my daughter closer to me, though I didn't frankly don't care about her feelings in using her."

F/N: "Wait you what?"

Garvel's eyes lit up with amusement.

Garvel: "You mean you?..........Oh how priceless! You really thought she was in on it didn't you?"

F/N: "She wasn't.......

Garvel: "Oh yes, I just used your little date as cover for my plans, but you finished too soon. Damn girl was supposed to keep you there longer for a 'surprise ' I had for you. But that's the past, let's focus on the now."

F/N: (That's why she was so nervous........Rachel oh god.....)

I shook those thoughts away as Garvel rotated the paper and slid it in front of me.

Garvel: "Before you is a contracted 'deal' between us. In it you will be giving me full control of your store, any and all profits will be given directly to me, and you will be releasing all ability to work as a blacksmith."

F/N: "And if I refuse to sign."

Garvel's face formed into a stern look as he snapped his fingers. Not too long after I felt a heat and static behind me. Turning to look I saw it to be the two now known Black dragon guards standing behind me. One holding a mace with electric sparks rippling off its surface, the other of course held a Flamesteel short sword.

Garvel: "My accomplices will have to be a bit forceful. So shall we?"

He picked up a pen and held it out to me. Slowly I patted my belt with my hand near my pocket, the feeling of smooth metal brushing against my fingertips as I smiled and moved it away to grab the pen in one hand. Garvels eyes lit up as he watched as I moved it over the paper.

Though I couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

Garvel: "Oh? Why the laughter? Or are you just marveling at my plan."

F/N: "No no, not that at all."

I moved my other hand to the pen and snapped it in half, the ink spilling out over the paper as I dropped the two now broken pieces of the pen.

F/N: "I'm just thinking of the best way to beat the shit out of you."

Garvel growls as he looks at his men.

Garvel: "You know what to do."

I felt the two guards behind me start to move closer before I took in a breath and exhaled before I made my move.

Quickly I moved my legs up and kicked off the desk, sending my chair tumbling back. As I stayed in the chair as everything seemed to slow down. The guards had attempted to grab me but I watched as their hands went over my head as I continued to fall back. Though time did speed up again as I moved my hands back as they hit the ground I pushed off into a roll as I stood up.

The two guards hit the desk and turned around as Garvel glared daggers into me.

Garvel: "Oh? Are you going to run?"

I simply shook my head as I grabbed a small smooth light green colored metal rod from my belt and held it in my hand.

F/N: "No. While I do have enough to close my original case against you."

I flicked my wrist as the rod expanded out to five feet in length as the air pressure changed a bit.

F/N: "I'm going to make you pay."

Garvel looked at his guards and back at me.

Garvel: "Don't let him leave this room."

They both nodded as they turned around and charged me. Smirking a little it got into a stance and as the one with the mace went to strike I side stepped and thrusted my bo staff into his chest. The staff lights up a bit as when it made contact a blast of air shot out from the end, increasing the force of impact as he went flying a couple feet into the side of the fireplace, hitting his head on the stone and being knocked unconscious.

Turning to face my other opponent I barely moved out of the way as they slashed down with the flamesteel blade, singeing my sleeve as the blade came back around. I moved my bo staff to block and as the two made impact a bit of magic sparks flew off from the impact. The remaining guard tried to overpower me by pushing down on my staff, though this would be his mistake as he moved to the side and let him force his blade down, which only helped me swing the other end of my staff into the back of his head, sending him sprawling to the floor.

Panting a little from that whole ordeal I turned back to Gavel to only feel a searing pain reek across my face as I faced him. Now staggering back I held the slash wound that ran up my cheek till my eyebrow, blood now dripping into my left eye a bit, forcing me to close it. Gavel just stood there laughing as he held a blacksteel dagger in his hand, my blood staining the blade where he had made contact.

Gavel: "You know what? I don't need your signature, it'll be signed in blood."

He slowly started to circle me as it got into a stance, trying to block out the pain as I focused on him.

F/N: "You know? I have to ask, why my shop? Why not try and take out Mountain or Luke's operations?"

Garvel laughed a bit as he gave me a sneering smile.

Gavel: "Well it's just as you told my daughter, greed. Mountain and Luke have been at this for far too long to take away their customers, One lies in a mountain, another a temple, but you? You just have a signal shop, one man versus us big three, with massive forges, yet you rival us! You steal customers from me, wealth that should be mine! I am a Dragon, i AM above you."

F/N: "Wow sounds like maybe you being a argent, horrible person detours people, or maybe it's just your face."

Garvel: "Joke all you like, once this is over I'll dispose of you, and no one will even care that you've even gone."

F/N: "Mind games? Funny, maybe that's why your wife left you. Cause you care about yourself above everyone else."

After circling a bit we stopped, Garvel was in front of the door that led to his party, and I was almost up against his desk.

Garvel growls before he flipped his knife, using his magic to enhance his speed and held me by my head, grabbing my hair under my bandana. Lifting me up to meet his eye level, holding his blade to my chin.

Garvel: "Your pestering ends here."

I grab a hold of his arm to hold myself up as I glare at him.

F/N: "Ya, but that's my line you fat lizard."

He looked confused before I jabbed my staff into his chest with my open arm. The air blast sent him flying through the doors with a loud crash.

Meanwhile a few minutes ago

Kate's perspective

Lily: "Kate? Where are we going?"

Kate: "Well, since F/N isn't around to say his mind, we're having a chat with the little bitch."

Lily nodded a bit as she held my hand as we made our way through the crowd. I spotted our target over by the door that led to a small outdoor garden. Making my way over to her she caught us making our way over to her. She went to say something before I grabbed her arm and pulled her along with me.

Rachel: "H-hey!?"

Kate: "Shut up and come with me. We're having a little chat."

Rachel tried to protest before I tightened my grip, digging my fingers into her skin a bit as she stopped protesting. After walking for a bit I let go of her arm. She growled softly as she rubbed where I had dug my fingers in.

Rachel: "Now, you gave attention what do yo-

She was stopped mid sentence as I slapped her across the cheek.

Rachel: "What the hell?!"

Kate: "Not sorry, been wanting to do that since last week. Now then, you shut up and listen."

Rachel went to retort again Lily pinched her tail. I smiled as she looked back as the little limia, who had a slight glare as she looked up at the dragon.

Lily: "That's for making F/N, sad."

Rachel: "Sad? What would that ass have to be sad about."

Kate: "Oh wow, use your brain for a moment, or was it too clouded over by papa's money."

Rachel: "Why are you all against him! He's done nothing!"

Kate: "Besides insult and provoke F/N every time he sees him."

Rachel went to retort again before I grabbed her cheeks with both my hands and forced her to look into my eyes.

Kate: "But we're getting off topic, but let's get back to what I was saying. You wonder what made him sad? It's that after every bitchy thing you've said to him. Every action you made against him, he still cares about you."

Rachel: "Fat chance, he wanted nothing to take down my father."

I tightened my grip a bit as she winced.

Kate: "If that would be true, then I ask you this, why would he specifically keep the rapier he made for you on his wall. Why in all his rage and pained soul keep something that's only a reminder of you. That he cried himself to sleep over you when he couldn't bring himself to break it like a twig."

I let her go as she backed up a bit. A conflicted look on her face for a moment before she shook her head.

Rachel: "Well whatever, so what if he does, I don't! I couldn't care what happened to him."

I smirked a little as I crossed my arms, Lily moving back beside me as I spoke.

Kate: "If you really did, then why not tell your 'oh so perfect' father his secrets. I'm sure he would love to use those against him."

Rachel started to stutter a bit before she went silent and shook her head.

Rachel: "Because he never asked."

Kate: "Weak excuse, but let me rephrase this, would you."

Rachel didn't respond and looked away as I felt a tug on my arm. Looking down I saw Lily giving me a confused face.

Lily: I keep hearing that, but what secret?"

A little surprised she hadn't been told yet, I looked around to make sure no one was around except us before I crouched and spoke.

Kate: "Well, F/N is a-

I stopped as a massive crash was heard from inside the main hall. Quickly all three of us ran inside and I froze in place and fear as I looked out. Leaning against a broken table lay Garvel, a bloodied knife a few feet to his left and in his hand, F/N's bandana, but i trailed my eyes up as i saw what made my stomach drop as F/N stood there, blood dripping down the side of his face, his cloths a bit tattered..... and a pair of slightly pointy ears out for everyone to look at.

F/N must have realized it too as he raised his hand to his head and felt that his bandana was no longer there and in Garvel's hand.

F/N: "Well.......... Shit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403 37 6
Four worlds rotated the sun, each with their own rules and regulations, divided by history, blood and death. Once upon a time, they were brought toge...
1K 168 26
I grew up being told that demons and angels weren't real. That magic were just fairy tales. I'm just a ordinary teenager, or so I thought. I'm Paris...
5 0 1
Do you ever doubt yourself? Ever get the feeling you're never good enough? For me, that's my life. That's how I feel. Every. Single. Day. So let's co...
3.6K 87 17
*This story is under major editing, and many events will be changed, for those who have already read this story. I will try my best to finish it as f...