You are my addiction

By imgnapi

"I love you Kao, sooo much that you are an addiction for me and i can't live with out you, So, I have decided... More

1. The first night
2. The Probians
3.Sort of
4. Light and Heavy
5. THE Journey
6.Whatever it is
7. DAMN IT
8. What! No!
9. Dear Pete
10. I want this side
11.The weird sister
12. The Crazy Sister
13. Why ?
14. Clarity!?
15. My Breath
16. My Pleasure
17. It's a world
18. Skepticism
19. The Heat
20. The Cure
21. The Drug
22. The Addiction
23. The Shift
24. "I LOVE YOU"
25. Winter Blanket
26. Hin's
27. The Balance
28. Impulse
29. Reaction
30. Expectations
31. The Burn and The Sun
32. Stop Pete! If you do.
33. Please do Cry
34. The Night Sky
35. Something New
36. Something Wrong
38. I am Yours
39. Kao's Pete's
40. The Bath
41.The Workaholics
42. Ice Cubes
43. The Punishment
44. Reassessing
45. I am going Crazy
46. How was he?
47. TN1920
48. Don't You Know!?
49. Maybe not for you, but
50. Family
51. The Ego
52. The Help
53. My Kao
54. The Breaking
55. The Fixing

37. The calm after the storm

243 15 6
By imgnapi

"Damn, Your smile is hurting my eyes now...😣"

Kao:

"So how did Blue like your surprise!" I asked Ant at our lunch table.

The so called Football team including Pete have left us alone since they had to be the judges for tge try outs of new football team.

Ant smiled and blushed a little..." Well, I am sure you had a better night than mine, You were so clingy that i thought you wouldn't be able to walk today" He mocked me.

"I wish, But we couldn't do anything like that, My stupid ass insisted on cooking and we had dinner after midnight, So we couldn't do anything more and just sleep, Pete had training again this morning" I sighed.

"Are you sure it's not beacause you were still sore from morning..." Ant chucled and I rolled my eyes at him 

" Anyway,  what are your plans now, I am sure that try outs will go on till dusk..., So we are free for the afternoon" He asked

"I am not, You know I am never free, I need to make some progress on my project, I am planning to complete it as soon as possible, Since i decided to start working next semester.. " I explained

He nodded..." So are you going to the library?"

" No, I am heading home..., I need to first make a plan to start on research" I said and Ant and I parted ways.

A few hours later, I had My Laptop, Pete's Laptop, A pile of books, Pete's Ipad, Pens and White papers all spread around me, trying real hard to make progress on my project when I heard a loud crashing sound kicking me out of the trans i had gone into because of  too much information being dumped into my brain at one go. 

I looked at the window and saw that it's already dark outside and a bad rain was pouring, With lightening and thunders crashing down all around me. I, as on cue, walked to the window and watched the falling ice cubes decorating the roads and buildings real fast and disappearing equally faster. Another loud rumble and i jolted into reality. Pete!, where is he? why is he not home yet?, Damn it Pete. I ran and picked my phone to call him. As expected, i was not able to reach him, either his phone ran out of the battery again or the storm affected the network. But I am not interested in the reasons right now, Pete, Where are you?

I thought fast and dialed Green's number. Luckily he picked before the fifth ring.

"Green, Green, Can you hear me?"

"Yes, Kao, I can hear you loud and clear, Please speak slowly" Green retorted.

"Where is Pete? Is he with you?"  i am still shouting.

"Pete? He left to home, Didn't he reach yet?" Green asked equally worried now.

"What do you mean left? I called to ask him to stay at the dorm today, How did he leave?" I was too frustrated.

"On foot" His voice was low but i heard it.

"What the hell Green, How can you let him do that? Do you even see how badly its pouring" I yelled

"I know Kao, I tried to stop him, He didn't listen, I gave him an Umbrella and rain coat though, He will be there soon" Green said, hoping clear in his voice.

"I am gonna come and kill you if he doesn't show up at our door in next five minutes" I am fuming.

"Kao, Please calm down, He is our captain, There is no way this mere storm can do anything to him, You are being paranoid" Green tried talking sense into me. Ofcourse he would, He was not the boy-friend sitting at home waiting for his Pete to return home amidst storm, was he.

"F**k you Green!" I cursed and cut the call. I know it's not fair, not fair to take my anger out on Green but who would let their friend go out in this storm.

Five minutes did pass and nothing happened except my bum got uncomfortable on our couch and i decided the couch in the waiting area downstairs might be a bit more comfortable at the point. I locked the apartment and took the lift downstairs. As soon as I stepped out into the lobby the chilled air hit me hard, I turned to see the entrance opening and saw the blue umbrella first, all torn and twisted.

Thank god Pete, Finally

I almost ran to hug him but froze where i was as all i could see was atleast a 6cm long cut just under his left knee. It's bleeding and it's bleeding bad. He was in his training shots and the coat was only covering till the thighs. He is visibly shivering as he walked towards me. He was drenched and dripping.

I couldn't take my eyes off that wound, tears jerking up but stopping right behind my eyes, hurting my whole face. Like i am stuck between two crushing walls. Like crying is of no use but just a natural instinct.

He was one foot away when he said "Kao.."
I neither responded nor moved.

"Kao, come on, it's nothing, i just hit a fallen billboard that i didn't see was there"

I looked up at his face and he was smiling his Pete smile which i wanted to smack off of there badly at the moment.

I silently turned to the reception table and asked "P'Brace, Could you check if there are any tetanus shots in the first aid kit"

She smiled at me warmly "Sure Kao, I am sure i saw one around somewhere here" she said as she took the different boxes with plus sign out of the kit.

"Aa.. here... Do you also need some alcohol and cotton" she asked handing me the shot

I shook my head "No, P' i have them stocked, Thank you so much"

I then walked towards the lift and stepped in,

"KAO... hey... Wait" Pete kept calling me from behind but i didn't want to respond, Because I know i wouldn't be able to talk, i would only scream.

But i couldn't scream, he was shivering, he might catch a cold , I mentally ran through the medicine box to remember if there is a paracetamol in there, he was bleeding and by the looks of it, must be a lot more painful than i can imagine. It took all my energy to not break, to not hit him hard and then hug him tight. He might be tough, i know if the same thing have happened to me i wouldn't have mind it one bit, but not knowing what he was feeling exactly, how badly he was hurt, was somehow killing me inside. I was not even able to try and find words to ask him how he had lost his whole damn mind to think it's okay to walk home in this storm. And i was too glad that atleast he made it home. 

Pete did step in to the lift just before it closed and I could hear my raised heart beat and his heavy breathing too clearly in the silence. 

"Kao, Did you come down to look for me?" He asked after a minute of silence and showing me the guilty face.

"You didn't really think you could go out in the storm and look for me, did you?"  He asked as i was not responding. And i wanted to say I am not stupid. But I still thought keeping quite was the best option for me.

"And you are not really thinking of injecting that shot into me are you? You know i am afraid of needles right?" He said making a scared face, his voice now almost shacking with all his shivering . Idiot, what you just experienced out there is more than a billion needles. My hairs stood erect as  i imagined one of those big ice cubes hitting me. I looked at him with my cold eyes, his skin has become pale from cold, his eyelids were vibrating from all the foreign sensations. His left shoe was drenched with blood, his right shoe with mud.  The place he was standing was all wet but he stood at the rare corner to make sure not to wet the whole lift. His hair was sexy with hanging droplets which are continuously  flowing on to his face. The umbrella in his right hand just looked like a ball of steel and cloth. And his eyes were boring into me begging me to talk. His cheeks red, his lips curled up in to a smile, his T-shirt and shots stuck to his prominent muscles. Overall he seemed like a warrior stepping out of the war he just won. I smiled at myself from my thoughts. While my heart kept tugging at me to make him feel better, he was home, he had come to me, he had to be relaxing in my arms, not snuggling his cold hands wishing warmth. 

Pete:

I was really scared, he is not going to make me take that tetanus shot, is he? Why are you not talking to me Kao. Damn, I am inside, why is it still this cold. I snuggled my arms to find the warmth, neverthless they felt colder than ice. 

I suddenly saw Kao moving and before I could realise i was in his embrace. Huff... I am finally home. He was warm and felt soo good, he smelled like heaven, I snuggled into his hug making him wet but not minding it.  i tightened my hands around him to the point that I was not sure any of his bones are not broken. He didn't complain, He just let me do what  I wanted.  

The next moment i felt a burning sensation on the shoulder. His warm tears were hot against my cold skin. I couldn't stop from smiling wider

"Ha... Look at you, a cry baby, See, i am right here, right infront of you, all healthy and sound, Why are you crying?" I asked as I pushed him off of me a bit to wipe his tears.

I don't know if he would have finally answered as the lift's door opened, Kao stepped away from me only to lift me up into his arms. I, on instinct, wrapped my hands around his neck. 

"I am not crippled, you know, I can walk" I said smiling up at him. But he was just glaring at me. He was walking pretty easy, like i only weigh 0 gms in his hands.  His phone began ringing in my ears startling me as it was in his shirt pocket. I pulled it out and saw that it was Green calling. I answered the phone on Speaker.

"Kao, Kao, Hello..." Green's voice came booming but Kao was still not speaking. 

"Kao, I just wanted to check if Pete is home, That idiot never keeps his phone on, Did he come home already?" Awww.... My dear friend wants to check upon me.

"Yes, Green, I am home and I love you too"  I answered as I saw Kao was determined to keep his mouth shut.

"Oooyy... Pete... PETE, You idiot, Are you in one piece?"  It sounded more like a scolding than a quetion.

"Ofcourse I am in one Piece, How else am i able to talk to you?" We are inside the house already, I didn't notice when Kao opened the keys.

"Then why is Kao still mad ? Or Don't tell me, you have him gaged or something?" His voice was laced with too much sarcasm.

"Ewww.... Shut up... Even if i have ... I am not telling you...." I retorted back.

I am now in the bathroom under the shower standing as Kao had put me down gently, Why am i here again?

"Anyway tell him, He can't kill me anymore, Bye" Green said from the other line.

"What are you talking about, My babe hates violence, He woulddnedveer..." My words drowned into the hand towel Kao gagged into my mouth as he took the phone off my hands and switched it off.

He brought a chair in and made me sit. As he knelt before me with the first aid box. He got a wet cloth and cleaned the wound carefully before wrapping it up neatly. It stung, it bled, it pained, It hurt, but i couldn't feel any of it as all  i could feel was love. Looking at him care for me like i was an infant is a sight i will always capture,cherish,reminisce and hold on to. I couldn't erase the smile off my face. 

Once my leg is securely  wrapped he gave me a warm shower. Though i was completely capable of doing it all on my own, I decided not to point that out.

He was washing my hair and his hands felt feather light against my scalp. When he turned to pick the shampoo for the second time, I followed his hands and saw the empty shot laying next to the soap box. 

"Ha? Kao, what happened to the shot?" I asked looking at him curiously. He just continued lathering his hands with the shampoo before running them down my hair. 

"No way, You didn't inject it into me already, have you?" I turned to the sink top and to my horror there I saw the empty needle.

"What? How?" I asked trying to look up but he pushed my head down not letting the lather get into my eyes. I then wrapped my hands around him and hugged his waist, not caring about smearing the lather all over his shirt. He didn't complain nor pushed me back as he continued washing my head with shower head. The water was at right temperature, warm and comfortable. Just like my Kao. 

He then washed my body making sure not to touch the wound dressing. I followed his every move, I was mesmerized and out of this world, So  that was the only thing I could do. He was serious, he was shooting glares at me, but his actions were smooth, caring, comforting and sensitive. And I chose to listen to his actions which are speaking louder than his words. They were announcing every second that  he loves me, loves me to a point that he started dreading the day he would miss me. I smiled again. I lifted my eyes from Kao's hands to his face just in time to see a tear slip. Somehow it made me feel ecsatic.

I caught his hand and pressed it to make him turn to me.

"Kao, Don't worry that much, I am perfectly alright, More that perfect actually, Why wouldn't I be, I am in your embrace, Aren't I?" He sighed a hopless sigh before getting back to drying me with a new towel. 

"I was missing you soo badly today, I didn't even get to see you during lunch and so i wanted to come back home and tell you how much i miss you, But look, you are not even talking to me" I pouted. I just wanted to be my Baby's baby for once that night. He stared at me for a couple of seconds before nodding. 

"That's my boy" I said smiling back "Now did you miss me at all? Or were you drowned in your books and forgot all about me as usual?"  

His face suddenly painted itself with guilt and I immediately knew i asked the wrong question.

"So any way i wanted to come back as soon as possible, But when it started raining, the boys wanted to play a wet game, So we divided into teams and started playing for points , Then when it started raining cubes, We finally decided to stop and head home" I turned to him once i stopped my narration and he was fuming. Ooo Noo, What did i just do.

He walked out of the bathroom without giving me any hint if i was allowed to finally move. I looked at my self and I was all dry and in the bathrobe, which means i am good as done right?

I walked behind Kao out of the bathroom into the kitchen to see Kao heating up dinner. And i realized i was still feeling slightly cold and shivering. I decided to neglect it as i was neglecting the shooting pain from my knees every time i took a step and moved towards the eating table. 

I was much more comfortable in the clean bathrobe and blood not trickling down my leg or dusty water sliping off my scalp. Kao was still in the cloths i wetted.

He was walking towards me with plates when i said "Why don't you change?, You will catch a cold otherwise" He glared at me soo bad that i had to flinch from the scary shock wave. I mean I already caught a cold, atleast he shouldn't get sick right, why is he being scary.

We had dinner in silence. Kao was not talking and i didn't want to talk when the food my love has prepared for me deserves all my attention. 

Kao went to do the dishes after dinner and I went into bedroom , badly wanting to relax my back. I sat myself on the bed supporting my back on the headboard as i pulled my now charged phone to reply to all panicky people. I was still catching up on my inbox, When Kao came in changed into fresh clothes and smelling like warmth, a water glass in his left hand and medicine box in the right. He sat at my feet as he handed me the glass and opened the box to fish out I don't know what. Once he found it he passed it to me.

I took it and asked "what is this, I am not sick or in pain Kao, I don't need meds" i stated matter of factly. He stood to leave the box on the stand only to pull the medicine sheet out of my hand and take the pill out for me. I couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes from his actions. And I didn't have a choice but to gulp it in with some water, literally. Why is my Kao not talking to me.

He took the glass from me and switched the lights to dim ones.

"I am not sleeping until you talk to me" i said with determination.
He still didn't say anything as he went to pull the curtains down and i noticed it was still raining cats and dogs outside.

He turned to see me sitting where i was and rolled his eyes. And being the stubborn ass as he was he came and pulled my legs down so i fell on my back and he covered me with blanket..

I immediately jolted back and sat again... "I.AM.NOT. SLEEPING.TILL. YOU. TALK. TO ME" i stated firmly.

He sat beside me and sighed. I shifted to get into a comfortable position beside him to cup his face..

"Kao, baby, i am sorry na... I will never do this again and i will also buy a power bank so i won't run out of battery ever okay? , I am sorry, sorry sorry, sorry...." I kept repeating until his lips came down to eat the word up. The kiss was modest and careful, and i still enjoyed it. Like it was the medicine i truly needed.  He moved back and i smiled at him, before asking, " So are you talking to me now? " I couldn't hide the joy from my face.

"Damn Pete, your smile is hurting me now, please will you get some sleep" Kao finally said but those words caught me off guard.

He was the one who cupped my face now "You are in pain Pete, You have a  fever, don't smile, let me see your pain and let me feel it too, it won't go away until it's felt" he laid us both down and covered us with our warmest blanket.

I snuggled into him as pain hit me hard, but then his hands came wrapping around me and once again all i could feel was love, i knew he took my pain and was feeling it himself, and for once i didn't want to protest. His chest felt like my own type of cradle and i drifted off knowing i will still be there in his arms when i wake up.

A/N: I never knew i will write so many chapters when i started this story. But somehow they are flowing and I letting it flow, I just hope that you guys are atill enjoying it.

P.S: you know i don't know when i will be back, but you know i WILL be back, Don't you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78 10 10
First love isn't always good and beautiful. A young, excellent actor, Dominik, was forced to find out about it painfully. He will be unexpectedly sup...
75.7K 2.6K 37
" I love you " He said while smiling and coming towards me. I started to take back steps. My eyes is full of tears. I am shivering and scared to see...
301K 12.8K 45
"Please Katie, don't go. I need you, you're good for me." He begged desperately for her to stay. She was the glue that had been keeping him together...
3.4M 77.5K 33
"No one speaks to me the way you have been lately" He warned, his eyes trained on mine. "What are you going to do, kill me?" I answered back, my gaze...