Happy Pills (edgepuff underta...

Af Maddyfairyqueen

In a world where it is the law to take joy pills, puff is a reporter, who writes up the news and publish said... Mere

Ch.2 a day in the cell
Ch.3 the runaway
Ch.4 Alleyway trouble
Ch.5 What A Leech...
Ch.6 A Walk In The Park.
Ch. 7 Drunk talk
Ch.8 Fall festival
Q and A/ authors note
Ch.9 Rotten To The Core
Ch. 10 House Visit
Ch.11 Lab Testing
quick update.

Ch.1 Pills and Joy

670 10 21
Af Maddyfairyqueen

((Hi! Authors note here. In this story it is aimed for mature audiences. This story may/will include: harsh language, abuse. This notice may be updated as I work on this story))

A metal door slammed open, hurried footsteps rushed down a staircase as a skeleton panted. Another set of footsteps were dashing right behind the other, quickly closing the gap between them.

"You get back here, NOW!", A voice said with such venom. Such hate and yet...there was a sickening ring in his voice. Like the sicko enjoyed it. Enjoyed chasing the panicked other like a wolf chasing a rabbit. It was only a matter of time before he caught up. His eyes were piecing into the other with determination. A grin formed as the corner of his mouth curled up.

"N-No! I have done nothing wrong!", The voice trembled, echoing and bouncing off the walls. The wooden staircase creaked, muffling the panting and the officer's snapping voice.

"You're only making this worse for yourself! If you stop now, I may play nice!"

"N-No! I-I-", before the prey could even finish, his foot slid off the steps. A sharp gasp followed as he found himself falling down the stairs. What a shame...this was certainly going to leave him sore tomorrow.

He fell down the stairs, hitting every other step on the way down before finally hitting the hard wall. The skeleton hit his head on the wall, blacking out of a moment. His vision flickered in and out as he tried to focus.

"Look at you...now I have to deal with a downer and an injured fool. All you had to do was stop...running...but you didn't.", A grin went over the officer's face. The scene of seeing the downer hurt amused him. It was entertainment... This was the most fun he had in awhile. Most crooks and downers would freeze in fear, begging to be let go usually. How boring....

Not this one though, oh no...this one ran. Pretty far too. This one managed to run down the hall and out into the emergency stairwell, down a few sets of stairs. He wished the run lasted a bit longer, maybe he would be more tired and a little more... merciful.

But now...this downer was going to pay,"You are under arrest.", The officer lifted his heeled boot, bringing it down on the others hand. A loud cry echoed through the stairwells.

Firstly... This day wasn't supposed to end up like this, not at all. Puff certainly didn't wake up this morning and think,'Why today is a nice day to get arrested by cops! Quite so! I'll stop taking my joy to attract and cop and go into a chase'! Though... people's plans can change. Just...in this case for the worst.

To understand the situation, one must start from the beginning. Much before Puff ran off from the scene. Even much before Puff met the officer. Puffs day started off much like any other morning.

******

An alarm clock ringed out a pleasant little tune. 7:30 flashed as a bony hand reached out, pressing a button and silencing the noise. A few birds tweeted outside, some even pecking at Puff's window.

"Alright, alright...I'm up. ", Puff groggily sits up, rubbing his eyes. The last few late night shifts were throwing him schedule. He'd love to rest more but he has work today. Thank God tomorrow he'll be off.

With a long yawn and a stretch, he hopped out of bed, opening his top drawer. A light blue bag of bird seeds sits, tied closed with a nice orange ribbon. Birds excitedly tweet, crawling over each other for a closer look.

Each and every morning, Puff made sure to give the birds some seed, give them a little boost for the day. Everyone deserves a good start and a happy mood. Oh! Speaking of being happy ...

Puff's eyes fall towards an orange pill container. In this city, it is expected no ... Mandatory to take these pills. They make everyone peppy, happy, and give them the boost they need for the day. It is a strict law, if someone is caught without taking joy...well... who knows, a lot of downers are taken by police. Most don't come back. The ones that do come back, well, they've taken quite a beating.

A chill went down his spine,"A pill a day keeps the downers away....", He muttered to himself. He popped the sweet tasting pill into his mouth, quickly swallowing. Puff never did like taking pills. When the city first introduced joy pills, puff had such a hard time taking them. He didn't like the feeling of swallowing a pill, much less sour pills. Thankfully, as the pill developed, a sweet coating went over it to hide it's sour taste.

He reached for the seeds, opened the window and poured it into a bird feeder. Puff loved nothing more than watching the birds tweet and feed by his window. It was a nice way to start off the day...

By the time Puff filled the feeder and closed up the window, he could feel the pills kicking in. It made him feel more energized. More ready to take on his work.

He smiled brightly, opening his closet and taking out some clothes. Thankfully, today was an easy day. He just has to write a few articles, censor the ones that would upset the public, and edit a few papers. Today he can dress casually.

A white peacoat, white sweater, black pants and for comfort, black converse shoes.

He whistled a tune as he went downstairs. He wanted to be sure he got to work early. Plopping some bread in the toaster, he waited. Outside looked lovely. Sun peeked out behind white fluffy clouds.

"Today can't possibly go wrong. It looks too nice.", He glanced over at the refrigerator, sighing. A photo of himself, classic, and their dad. Classic used to live with Puff. Up until he started acting weird. Then suddenly....Classic left. Only leaving a note behind.

Puff looked at the refrigerator again, the note was hidden under the photo. He read the note over, he's read it so many times but... felt upset every time. He couldn't understand why Classic left suddenly.

The note reads

Pap, I left to another district, up the street. This place became too much for me. I promise I'll be seeing you again. Just for now I need to focus on something important.

That's all. Puff has received a few notes from Classic but there was never a return address.

A whimper came from him," Why? Why did you think about leaving? You never talk to me when something stresses you out. You always kept it to yourself. You just-", he jumped as the toaster popped off.

He felt sick, he had conflicting feelings. He felt upset, worried and happiness conflicting with each other.

He leaned against the counter, trying to calm down,"I'm ok. I'm ok. You can't go out like this...", He exhaled. Soon enough his happy attitude returned.

"Note to self...make sure you get stronger pills, I can't have that happen again. ", He quickly walked by the toaster, snatching up the toast and walking out. He had no time to sit and eat. Besides, he'll finish his breakfast by the time he gets to work.

Out the door and down the street he went. A slight pep and bounce in his steps.

As puff walked down the streets he noticed footsteps running behind him. He stepped out of the others way but before he knew it. He was shoved to the said.

"Hey! Watch it!!"

The person that shoved puff was quickly grabbed by an officer,and it  seemed like they were both out of breath. Perhaps running for a while.

"You come back here now, downer! You have no business being off your joy, a great punishment awaits you. Especially after you fought and ran away from me!", The officer snapped.

The downer was pulled against the officer, crying and kicking. The officer and downer struggled until the downer was pinned. Despite this, the downer continued to kick and wiggle.

Puff backed away. He didn't want to be near this fight any longer than need be. He quickly walked away, trying to avoid looking back.

However after some bickering back and forth and suddenly a yelp, he looked back. His eyes widened as he felt his soul jump. The downer got tased and dropped to the floor. It was an awful sight for puff.

The officers in this city were so...heavy handed. Rough. He wouldn't want to run into any of them soon. Not like that anyways. It's so odd...one moment the officers will be walking by, peppy as ever. The next moment...they could be beating someone down.

He quickly rushed to work, there was much to be done. He couldn't waste anymore time.

********

"Alright, last few documents and I'll go home free.", Puff hummed happily to himself. He worked hard, staying a while longer to make sure he finished his tasks. He was busy censoring some documents and articles.

About two years ago, a new law was placed in the city where if anything in articles and news shock or upset the people then a hefty fine may be placed upon the company.

He had to censor...quite a few upsetting articles.

Monster city news: downer beaten by officer, left for dead

Monster city news: latest pill batch puts 22 monsters into hospital. Overdose warning!!

Monster city news: W.D creates new pill flavor

Puff looked over the headline, tilting his head. His fingers ran across the paper.

Puff felt the room grow dark and dim. His eyes scanned The pages as he felt His soul thump faster. The news reads as follows:

W.D Gaster creates new joy pill flavor!
Citizens of this fine city are you bored of the usual vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry flavored joy? Worry no longer! The brilliant Scientist W.D Gaster has created a brand new flavor for all to enjoy: Blackberry!! Created with BlackBerry preservatives you can now taste the sweet berryies and still keep the same joy you know and love!
note: Blackberry joy is still a work in progress. Side effects may include fatigue, memory loss, crashes, aggressiveness Who cares? I don't! Joy is everything!!

Puff leaned back in his chair and exhaled. He can remember something about him as if....this scientist was important to him? He's obviously heard of the name Gaster before however....right now it seems much more important. He shook his head and reached back to his pills before pulling his hand back.

He... He couldn't think. Why has he heard that name before? He couldn't think while drugged up on joy.

There was one thing about joy nobody mentioned. It has the possibility to mess with people's heads. Make memories fuzzy while on this joy.

Puff tried to focus on the paper,but no matter how much he tried to remember who this scientist was, his memories kept getting fuzzy. The room seemed to get darker and more warped.

When puff noticed he looked around. He was suffering from a joy crash. This was common and can be fixed by taking another pill. But...

Puff looked back at the paper,"How do I know you... I...know him? I've seen him before! I have!", he said to himself.

The crash from the withdrawal of pills left him feeling sick and dizzy. It felt like a knot was forming in his stomach, if he even had one. He exhaled and quickly stood up, going to the window and opening it. He needed fresh air. He leaned out the window and inhaled. His office seemed stuffy and hot. Maybe because of the withdrawal? Or maybe he really was getting hot. Either way, he needed air.

He looked around and rubbed his eyes, they felt like they were burning up. Once he started to look around He noticed how grey everything was. The buildings were not as bright and colorful.

The street didn't seem as shiney and welcoming as before. The most scary part was the people....they looked so grey and sad but happy at the same time. The joy pills really changed Puff's perspectives...the world was very grey yet people were going on as if nothing was wrong. He backed away from the window and adjusted his tie.

The crash finally faded away and the world became slightly brighter. Not as bright as the happy pills but still better.

He looked around the room, "If anyone saw me they would think I'm a downer." A slight panic set in as he tried to figure out who scientist was. He sighed and just as he turned around he gasped as his assistant walked in.

"Puff we need those papers. Are you done yet-", she stopped suddenly,"...Puff are you off your joy...?", Her voice was telling and shaking.

Puff's smile strained as he put his hands up,"Me? Of course not! Why would I be off?", he asked defensively.

The assistant took a step back,"You're awfully pale and sickly looking...", her face grew white,"Downer!!"

Puff felt his soul drop as he tried to quiet the assistant,"Miss please don't do this-", he was sharply interrupted as the lady yelled again.

"Downer!! He's a downer and off the joy!!"

There were a few sounds of monsters scurrying away and out of the work building from all the screaming. They didn't want to be pinned as the ones off of their much needed joy.

The window of the office was open and the assistants' screams could be heard all the way to the place where Edge worked. Edge was an officer of sorts, a more forceful type. When there were downers or monsters fighting to spread the truth about the real life version of their 'beloved' city it tended to get him riled up.

He suited up into his gear and looked around and judged his surroundings to make sure he wasn't falling down from the pills' affects just yet.

Edge judged the city buildings and the night sky before nodding and heading down to the lower quarters of the station. "I will be leaving shortly, I am getting reports of a downer. What A shame...monsters need to realize that they need their joy or they might just get hurt." Edge said and flipped a bone attack through his fingers and pointed at the door.

The police station's secretary monster had a gleeful expression that honestly almost looked scary. She waved Edge off and giggled. "Haha, I know right? Joy solves everyone's problems! They are so silly for not taking them! Now you get out there and find that downer before they do something stupid!~" she called in a purr.

Edge rolled his eyes and grabbed a spare bottle of Joy before running outside and looking around and rushing to the reporters office.

Two assistants and one photographer were running out of the building, seeming fearful of the downer breech. One of the assistants waved to get edges attention, obviously urgent in this situation.

"Downer over here!!", one assistant said.
"He's in his office on the second floor! He'll be down the hall."
The photographer pointed to Puff's open window,"Up there!! He's the only skeleton in the building!"

Puff poked his head out of the building and bites his lips as he saw the police officers. Edge none-the-less. Puff heard about him, he is supposed to be one of the less merciful police officer. Much less merciful. He pulled away from the window and ran out into the hall. It seemed like everyone who was in the hall suddenly screamed and yelled at him.

"Downer! Downer!!", they yelled. Puff shook his head and tried to calm everyone down but it was no use. Everyone knew he was fully off his joy.

"Nonono! I-Im not a downer!", he insisted. How odd...he was just as scared as everyone else when someone else was a downer just a few hours ago. He shakes his head. He couldn't afford being caught and.... who knows. He ran down the hall as his soul pumped hard. He was running on full adrenaline.

Edge looked up at the window for a moment and growled lowly, thankful that at least puff wasn't the type to jump out of it. He patted the three monsters on the head and made a blunt bone attack in his hand. "I will make quick work of him." He whispered to the trio of workers and left for the doorway.

Edge walked inside and flipped the bone in his hand. "Would the skeleton monster please come downstairs this moment! If you do not comply with my request within the following three seconds, I'll have to use force!", Edge called from the bottom of the stairs.

Edge himself was always a bit curious why monsters went off their joy. And hearing Puff try to calm others down struck him with curiosity. He would be sure to ask what puff intentions were when he has puff all to himself. Though now he had to wait about three seconds for Puff to either come down or Edge would have a great time in restraining Puff with force.

"3...."

Puff panicked, running down the hall, his soul thumping.

"2...."

Puff reached the staircase door, fumbling with the handle

"1...."

The door opened and the fire alarm went off.

Edge's eyes glimmered, he was going to have so much fun chasing this downer,"And so it begins..."

With a quick dash he ran up the stairs and down the hall, catching a glimpse of puff as the other ran down the stairway.

The metal door slammed open, hurried footsteps rushed down a staircase as puff panted. Edge's set of footsteps were dashing right behind the other, quickly closing the gap between them.

"You get back here, NOW!", Edge's voice said with such venom. Such hate and yet...there was a sickening ring in his voice. Like the sicko enjoyed it. Enjoyed chasing the panicked other like a wolf chasing a rabbit. It was only a matter of time before he caught up. His eyes were piecing into the other with determination. A grin formed as the corner of his mouth curled up.

"N-No! I have done nothing wrong!", Puff trembled, his soul pounding. His voice echoed and bounced off the walls. The wooden staircase creaked, muffling the panting and the officer's snapping voice.

"You're only making this worse for yourself! If you stop now, I may play nice!"

"N-No! I-I-", before puff could even finish, his foot slid off the steps. A sharp gasp followed as he found himself falling down the stairs. What a shame...this was certainly going to leave him sore tomorrow.

He fell down the stairs, hitting every other step on the way down before finally hitting the hard wall. The skeleton hit his head on the wall, blacking out of a moment. His vision flickered in and out as he tried to focus.

"Look at you...now I have to deal with a downer and an injured fool. All you had to do was stop...running...but you didn't.", A grin went over Edge's face. The scene of seeing the downer hurt amused him. It was entertainment... This was the most fun he had in awhile. Most crooks and downers would freeze in fear, begging to be let go usually. How boring....

Not this one though, oh no...this one ran. Pretty far too. This one managed to run down the hall and out into the emergency stairwell, down a few sets of stairs. He wished the run lasted a bit longer, maybe he would be more tired and a little more... merciful.

But now...this downer was going to pay,"You are under arrest.", The officer lifted his heeled boot, bringing it down on the others hand. A loud cry echoed through the stairwells.

(Heyo authors note here: this is the first time I took a book seriously. Please give feedback and comments. I wrote this late at night so if something seems off, PLEASE tell me. I might have skipped over a few spelling errors and such :( have a good day.))

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

9.1K 346 11
Papyrus is a marine biologist working at a Rehabilitation center for marine wildlife. The most exciting day of his career happens when a mermaid is b...
31.8K 1K 15
Sans has been beat and tortured for most of his miserable life, almost exclusively by his younger brother, Papyrus. But, what happens when Sans is ri...
7.6K 234 15
As Undertale Sans begins a love triangle with his alternate versions, Underfell and Underswap, he aids Underfell Papyrus in a scheme for revenge agai...
36 0 42
WARNING: this story contains blood, injury, mild swearing ,ect. Readers discussion is advised. I am NOT the original owner/writer of this story I am...