The Lone She-Wolf Who Never W...

By OlympusPlayer

Danielle (Dani) Cameron was born into a family of humans, but she was a werewolf. To her description, she was... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 [TLSW]
Chapter 23 [TLSW]
Chapter 24 [TLSW]

Chapter 16

58.5K 886 38
By OlympusPlayer

January 11, 2011 (5:40 pm)

Haha, today's date is 1/11/11! Weird....

Anyway, my new story, What the She-Wolf Wants has chapter 1 posted! It's kind of dark, but I think it's pretty good. It will have some romance in it eventually....

Check out 22TGirl's work! She's my friend and is a pretty great writer! Anyway... chapter 16!

__________________________

Jace's P.O.V.

Dani didn't want to go home, nor did she want to be alone that night. My wolf wouldn't have let her, either, so it's okay. She was in the bathroom now, taking a bubble bath... for the past forty-five minutes. The wolf in me was about to explode.

I knocked on the bathroom door. "Dani?" I asked.

"Come in," she called to me. When I entered, she was still in the bath-tub, but there were enough bubbles that I couldn't see anything. I went up to her and sat down outside the tub and just looked at her. She sighed and sunk further down.

"You okay?" I whispered.

She looked at me and shrugged. "I guess I'll be fine," she said. "Sorry I've been in here awhile. It just feels to good to get out."

That made me smile. She was happy, but still there was something bothering her in that back of her mind. I felt it and she knew I could. "What's wrong?" I asked. "And don't try to down-play it because I'll know if you're lying or not," I added.

Her face had worry etched all over it. She met my eyes. "Jace, my parents are dead," she said. I nodded. "And I'm not eighteen yet," she included. I was confused so I nodded. She sighed again, but this time in annoyance. "I might have to leave this town."

A growl escaped my mouth. No one was going to take my mate away from me! She was not leaving. Especially not after she'd just accepted me. "I won't let you," I said in a hard voice.

"You might not have a choice," she said picking up a wet hand and placing it on my cheek. "I can't be on my own. The government won't allow it. Someone has to be my legal guardian. For me and my twin brothers. They might put me in a foster home or have a relative take me in," she said.

"Do any of your relatives live here?"

Dani shook her head. "No, the closest one lives and hour and a half away. I need to know what's going on with my older brother. He's nineteen," she told me.

"Couldn't he be your legal guardian then?" I asked. "He would stay in town, right? Couldn't he just give you a place to stay and stuff?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. I doubt he'll want to take care of his kid sister."

"Live here then," I said. She looked at me like I was crazy and started to protest. "Just hear me out, babe," I said. "Your brother could still be your legal guardian, but if he can't give you a good home or some thing's that you'll need, just stay here. I'll take care of you. I promise."

"Jace, I know you will," she replied. "It's just I can't let you do that for me. It's just be too much. After everything you've done for me, I can't let you do this, too."

"It won't be just for me, Dani," I told her. "It'd be for the pack, too. You're the alpha female now. The alpha female should live with the alpha male, don't you think," I smirked.

"You just want me all to yourself," she narrowed her eyes at me in a playful way. "Sharing me with the pack isn't your intent. You are a very selfish alpha, hun."

I smirked. "Is that a yes?" I asked in hope.

"It's a maybe," she said. "I don't even know if my brother will agree with me. He doesn't even know about you. If I tell him I just met you less than three days ago, then it would be a definite no."

Weird. It seemed much, much longer. I guess that's what happens when you find your mate, though. "You can tell him we've been dating in secret," I offered. "I will beg, Dani," I threatened. "Don't think I won't get down on my hands and knees and beg for you. Because I will," I tried to say with a straight face.

Apparently, she didn't buy it when she burst out laughing. "You're an odd one, aren't you?" she asked.

"I'm whatever you want me to be, babe," I said with a small smile. I stood up and grabbed a towel. "Now, come on. Out. Before you shrivel up and become a raisin." After unfolding the towel and holding it out, I closed my eyes and looked away.

Soon, I heard her get out of the tub and take the towel from me. Once it was sucurely wrapped around her abdomin, she told me it was okay to open my eyes. When I did, I reached out and grabbed her quickly before she could leave the bathroom. She gasped.

"Jace," she said in a warning tone.

I held her with her back pressed against my chest. Giving her a quick kiss to the neck, I murmured, "I love it when you say my name." I felt her body relax, but then she pulled away.

"I need clothes."

"I don't think you do," I said lowly, but she heard anyway and scowled.

"Behave," she threatened. "Or I'll..."

This was getting fun. "You'll what?" I asked.

"Just get me some clothes," she grumbled.

I saluted her. "Yes, ma'am!" Then I went to get her some clothes.

Dani's P.O.V.

After much arguing with Jace, and then having to go pick out my own clothes, I was in some comfy sweats and a tank. Jace's first few "outfits", or should I say "lack of outfits", were not very funny. He was such a guy sometimes.

I sat laid down on Jace's bed wrapped in his arms. "No school Monday?" Jace asked quietly.

I shook my head. "Nor Tuesday. For me at least. The wake will be Monday and the Funeral Tuesday," I said quietly as I nestled further into him.

"And Wednesday, you'll be moving in here," he said with hope and a hint of desire.

When I looked at him, his deep brown eyes bore into mine. "I don't like feeling helpless," I said in a strong voice.

He sighed. "You never were, Dani. You never could be. If it's money or anything like that you're worried about, don't be. Money's not an object and space doesn't matter." He smirked. "I'm always up for having a roommate.

Such a guy. "I'm sure you are," I said and returned his smirked.

His head dipped down and I kissed him lightly. When we pulled away, he rested his chin on my head. "I'm glad you need me," he murmured.

"How so?"

Jace shrugged. "It makes me feel special and important. I like that you need me because it means that you want to be with me."

"I'll always want to be with you, Jace," I said honestly. "I know I can count on you."

We both yawned and then chuckled. "Let's get some sleep," he said as he pulled the covers over us and shut the lights off.

I snuggled next to him and gave him a quick kiss.

He then pressed his lips to my forehead. "I could get used to falling asleep next to you," he told me.

"Mmm," I mumbled as I rested my head on his chest.

His soft laughter and goodnight was the last thing I heard before drifting into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed. My first thought was that I was at home. But then, Jace's scent and the memory of the day before came back to me.

Oh no. My breaths started to come in raggedy and such.  Dead. My parents were dead. I might be leaving town. Katie, the band and... Jace.

Then I remembered him and what happened last night. Where was he? Slowly, I got up and left the room. I followed his scent to the kitchen, where he was sitting down, eating and watching the news on a little television on the counter top in the corner. He turned when I came in.

I went over and sat in his lap. He put his arms around me and curled me into a ball. "I have to go home soon," I said.

He whimpered. "Why?" he frowned.

"Um... well, I kind of ran out on Ryan last night. Which made him have to tell the twins alone. I want to help him make some arrangements and talk to him about moving in here," I told him.

"Okay," he said. "But eat first and then I'll drive you back." He threw me his sweatshirt and I put it on. "Arriving home in a tank top in the middle of the fall would be suspicious," he chuckled.

I nodded and went to go to the cabinet to find some bread.

"See? It's like you live here already," he smiled at me.

Like any other teenage girl would, I rolled my eyes. "Whatever," I said as I started to make toast. "I mean I figured you wouldn't get off your ass and do it for me."

"So the true colors are coming out, Danielle Cameron."

"I've never hidden my true self, Jace Broderick," I countered. "If I have something on my mind, I say it. I don't hold back."

"So, I have noticed," Jace said in a lively tone. "Can I see you later tonight?"

"No," I said. "I need to stay with my family tonight."

"Not even to sleep?" he pouted.

"I'm not leaving my house."

"What if I come there?" he asked.

My look asked him if he was insane, but I asked out loud anyway. "Are you crazy? If any of my brothers catches you, then I'll be dead. I'll be sent away. I'll be mortified."

"Relax, babe," he said. "I'll be gone before any of them wake."

"Jace," I warned.

"Dani," he mocked my tone.

"Fine," I agreed. "But come no earlier than ten and leave before they wake up."

"Love you," he said as he kissed my cheek.

"Yeah, you're lucky I love you, too. Or else, I'd slap you."

He smiled at this. Ugh. Such a guy!

_______________________________

January 11, 2011 (7:55 pm)

Well, there you go! Hopefully it's longer. I don't know but whatever. That's what you get. Deal with it. I wanted to say something, but I forgot what it was.... sorry....

Anyway. Please. Vote. It will be very much appreciated and I might start doing the thing where I don't upload unless I get a certain number of votes or whatever...

Oh well

TTFN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395 15 13
Jaxson Silano soon to be Alpha of Blood Moon Pack has entered high school to better learn more about human nature and co-existing. To him human are h...
182K 4.3K 28
Danielle is the new Alpha of the Star pack. After her parents were murdered the position was passed down to her. At 15 years old, and just had her fi...
10.3K 227 16
As a new foe arrives Dani must face her past and pack. Hunters have declared war on the wolves and Dani fears for her loved ones. Derek has begun to...
336 17 27
Aurora is a young werewolf just waiting for her mate like most other shewolfs. What happens as highschool starts and hormones rage in her group of fr...