OUTCASTS | THE ORIGINALS

Av arios2004

In which Cadence Delacroix, a siphoner witch who was shunned out of her coven for being an abomination, unexp... Mer

EXTENDED SUMMARY
CAST + PLAYLIST
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27

12

8.4K 340 237
Av arios2004

OUTCASTS
— 12. Après Moi, Le Déluge

"The Italians call them Strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them Aje, meaning Mother. Where my mother was from, they called them Hexa, and here we call them witch," Elijah explained to Hayley and Cadence in a calm tone as they sat in the study, "Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina."

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection," Klaus suddenly added in as he entered the room, looking down to see a drawing of Celeste laid out on the table, "Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence."

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power," Elijah confessed in a calm tone, "Celeste was very powerful in her day..."

"She looks so familiar," Cadence admitted in a whisper as she stared down at the drawing of her, "I feel like I've seen her before."

"I doubt it. She has, after all, been dead for more than two hundred years," Klaus spoke up, smiling as he turned to Cadence, "I would know. I killed her."

"Of course you did," Cadence replied as she smiled at him sarcastically, "Why am I not surprised?"

Elijah rolled his eyes at the bickering duo, deciding to continue on. "As I was saying before you two rudely interrupted me..." He trailed off as Cadence lifted her hands in mock surrender while Klaus smiled at his brother tauntingly, "Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two-hundred years. I don't understand why all these sketches now."

"Why does any witch do anything?" Klaus asked the group as he sat down beside Cadence.

Just then, the group looked up, their eyes widening at the sound of objects breaking in Davina's room.

"Well, that's going well," Klaus commented in a sarcastic tone.

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea," Elijah complained as he gave Klaus a scolding look.

"He's got a point," Cadence agreed with Elijah as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths the two of you would like to wave in my face?" Klaus asked in a mocking tone.

"Give me a month," Elijah answered in a calm tone, smiling slightly at Klaus, "I'll get you a list."

Cadence smiled at Elijah in amusement while Klaus began to laugh.

Just then, both of them stopped smiling the moment they heard yet another crash. Klaus sighed in annoyance and leaned forward in his lips, "Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass."

Klaus turned to Cadence, who began to give him an offended look. "Don't look at me like that," He told her as he stood up from his seat, "You're the biggest pain of them all."

"That's funny," Cadence replied sarcastically as she stood up to leave with him, "Because you have no problem dialing this pain's number every time you need help with something."

_____

   Soon enough, Klaus and Cadence entered Davina's room, only to become confused when they heard Davina having a coughing fit. "What's with all the racket?"

Cadence immediately frowned in concern, watching as Davina began to vomit literal dirt and much of it. "That's not normal," She complained, shaking her head.

"You don't say," Klaus commented sarcastically, only to sigh as Davina continued to vomit dirt, "Bloody hell."

Just then, the entire room began to shake as if they were experiencing an earthquake, causing numerous objects in the room to fall to the ground.

Marcel, Klaus, and Cadence quickly walked out onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard, finding the entire Abbatoir was experiencing the earthquake, not just Davina's room.

Rebekah entered the courtyard, looking up at the trio in concern. "What the hell is going on?"

"Davina," Klaus replied, a frustrated look on his face.

_____

"This is madness," Klaus complained as he sat in the living room with Marcel, Cadence, and Elijah. "How can a sixteen-year-old girl shake the entire French Quarter?"

"I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this," Marcel confessed, an uneasy look on his face.

"How did you control her when she was in the attic?" Klaus asked as he turned to give Marcel a questioning look.

"I didn't have to. But then, I never killed her boyfriend," Marcel complained in an annoyed tone.

"Yes, yes. We've been over this part already," Klaus argued as he rolled his eyes in annoyance, "The point is in her present state she's useless as a tool against the witches."

"She's not a tool, Klaus," Cadence spoke up, shooting Klaus an annoyed look, "Something's seriously wrong with her."

"She has too much power that she cannot control. That much we already knew," Elijah explained, walking closer to the group, "But why is it manifesting itself in such an aggressive manner?"

Elijah turned his heads, only to watch as Cadence's eyes widened in realization. "What is it?" He asked her and Cadence turned to him.

"It's happening," She informed him before quietening down as she avoided eye contact with the three males, "But it's impossible. It's too soon."

"What are you talking about?" Klaus turned to Cadence, not knowing what she was trying to get at.

Cadence turned to the group with an alarmed look on his face. "You need to get Sophie here. Like now," She demanded as she stood up before walking out of the room.

____

Soon enough, Elijah left before returning with Sophie, who he was unhappy with. "So you have stolen the remains of the very person that Davina's been drawing for months," He explained in what seemed like an aggravated tone, "Would you care to explain the startling coincidence?"

"I can't," Sophie admitted and from what Cadence could tell, she was telling the truth, "I didn't even know who Celeste Dubois was until I—"

Just then, Davina's loud scream was heard before the entire room began to shake.

Klaus smiled slightly, exchanging a look with Cadence as he casually drank his scotch.

"Was that Davina?" Sophie asked, a deeply concerned look on her face.

"Charming little habit she's developed," He commented in a casual tone.

"And the earthquake I felt today?" She asked as she turned to Klaus.

"Also Davina," Rebekah spoke up, adding in the conversation, "And she's taken to vomiting dirt."

An uneasy look on her face, Sophie turned, exchanging a look with Cadence. "Oh. We have a problem."

"Cadence said the same thing. But what does it mean?" Klaus stated and Sophie was quick to respond.

"I thought that we had more time, but we need to complete the Harvest now," Sophie demanded, an urgent look on her face.

"Said the desperate witch, conveniently," Klaus commented, a bored expression on his face.

"I'm serious!" Sophie exclaimed in an urgent tone, "That earthquake you just felt is a preview of the disaster movie that is about to hit us."

"Why should we believe you?" Elijah asked, a suspicous look on his face.

"You've met Davina, you know her story," Sophie reminded the group in a calm tone, "For months now, she's been holding all the power of the three girls sacrificed in the Harvest ritual. A force that was meant to flow through her and back into the earth. One person was never meant to hold that much power. It's tearing her apart, and it will take us down with it."

"She's right," Cadence spoke up, letting out a large sign in defeat, "Trust me."

____

In one of the many rooms at the Abbatoir, Cadence stood near Sophie, explaining to the group about what was going to happen. Klaus was the only one not there. He had gone to speak to Kieran about the whole ordeal.

"Davina will cycle through four stages that represent the four elements that bound together the Harvest," Cadence informed the group in a calm tone as she tried to hide her uneasiness, "Earth stage comes first. The comes wind. Then after the wind is water. The last stage is fire. And since it's the last..." She trailed off, exchanging a look with Sophie, "It will be the worst of them all."

It didn't take long for Sophie to explain that they had to go through the Harvest. Once she brought that up, Elijah was quick to speak up. "You've convinced my siblings. You have yet to convince me."

"We don't have time to waste," Sophie complained in an impatient tone, "The first sign's already come and gone."

"So fix her," Marcel demanded, trying his hardest to remain calm.

"She can't be fixed," Sophie argued, earning a glare from Marcel, "She can't be saved. This will not stop at the Earth sign, and if you wait it out, you immortals will be the only ones left to argue about it."

Just then, the group turned their heads, watching as the shutters began to open and close. The wind stage had arrived.

"Convinced now?" Sophie asked as the wind finally stopped.

____

Outside in the courtyard, Cadence was walking with Elijah and Klaus, who spoke of the problem at hand. "You sedated her too heavily," Elijah scolded Klaus, causing the hybrid to roll his eyes.

"Well, if this is her sedated, I'd hate to see her otherwise," He confessed as he lived up a fallen chair and placed it back in its previous position before he continued to walk with Cadence and Elijah, "We all agreed that Davina must be sacrificed. There's no need to let her blow the roof off our heads in the meantime."

Just then, Cadence turned to watch as Marcel jumped down from the balcony to the courtyard. "No way! You're not touching her!"

Klaus stepped toward Marcel, who punched him before he could react. Klaus grunted, placing a hand against his neck as he pushed himself off the ground.

Marcel went to move toward Klaus again, but Cadence quickly stepped forward. She placed a hand on Marcel's chest before lightly pushing him back.

"Okay. I'll let you have that one," Klaus commented before Cadence decided to speak up.

"Marcel, no one wants Davina to be harmed less than me, but there is no other option here. She's going to die," Cadence explained and Marcel scoffed as he stepped away from her.

"According to Sophie, the witch who screwed over everybody here, even you," Marcel complained in an annoyed tone.

"The Harvest was working before it was stopped," Elijah spoke up, taking Cadence's side, "If a nonbeliever like Sophie Deveraux can come to have faith that these girls will be resurrected, then I, also, am a believer."

Marcel pushed past Elijah and Cadence and made his way over to Klaus. "I saved Davina from the harvest, and now you want me to just hand her over?" He asked Klaus in disbelief.

"Do you think I'm happy about this?" Klaus questioned Marcel in an aggravated tone, "If the witches completely the Harvest, not only do they regain their power. We lost our weapon against them."

Hearing Klaus' words, Cadence rolled her eyes and facepalmed herself.

Marcel sighed in frustration, clearly not liking Klaus' words either.

"The Earthquake I was willing to chalk up to hideous coincidence, but these winds?" Klaus reminded Marcel, a pointed look on his face, "If Davina is not sacrificed, then every inch of Earth that shook, everything blowing about now will soon be drenched in water and consumed by fire."

"Oh! Now you care about the city," Marcel commented in a sarcastic tone.

"We ought to," Elijah spoke up, taking Klaus' side, "We built it."

"And we all saw it burnt to the ground twice," Klaus reminded Marcel calmly, adding into what Elijah was saying, "I will not let that happen again. Do I make myself clear?"

_____

At Rousseau's, in the back, Cadence stood with Hunter and Hayden, the three of them packing canned goods into boxes.

Klaus suddenly appeared in the doorway, noticing that Cadence was trying to muffle the sounds of her cries so that her sons wouldn't see.

"What are you doing?" Klaus asked Cadence, sighing in frustration, "I thought you'd be helping the others find Davina."

"Davina is the least of my problems right now," She admitted in a whisper, quickly wiping her tears as Klaus walked closer to her, " The twins and I were gonna take these to the—"

"If you say, 'Bayou', I might just find you a nice comfy dungeon and throw you in it," Klaus argued in a calm tone, "This is not the night to be out there, especially with your sons."

"For anyone," Cadence argued back as she briefly glanced at her sons, who were acting as though they weren't eavesdropping as they packed up some cans together, "But some people don't have a choice and it's my fault, especially those who are forced to be in wolf form even though I had the capability to have them a long time ago. This is the least I could do, for those who are without protection because of me."

Klaus stared at Cadence for a long moment. He gave her a sympathetic look, but also knew there was no point in telling her to stop what she was doing. She was bound to do it anyway. The least he could do was help her.

"Right," Klaus suddenly stated as he picked up two of the boxes filled with cans, "Hunter, Hayden, help your mother with the other box, would you?"

"Okay," They replied without hesitation, immediately helping their mother with the smaller boxes.

"Come with me," He encouraged the three of them, earning a curious look from Cadence.

_____

Soon enough, they arrived at Saint Anne's Church, much to Cadence's confusion. She glanced around, even more, confused when she saw people she did not know sitting in the church with Kieran.

"We still haven't gone through all that you've already provided, Klaus," Kieran suddenly spoke up as he walked over to the group.

"Well, this newest bit isn't from me," Klaus informed Kieran as he placed the boxes in the man's arms.

"Oh?" Kieran replied in confusion as he handed the boxes over to another person. He turned to face them again and looked down at the twin, "Boys."

The boys simply stared up at him, not saying a word. Klaus smiled slightly, realizing it must have meant that they didn't like Kieran.

"It's very kind of you to bring the goods, Cadence," Kieran spoke up as he looked directly at the girl.

"Who are these people?" Hunter suddenly spoke up as he glanced around curiously.

"Well, Hunter, I asked Father Kieran to give them shelter," Klaus informed them in a calm tone. He turned to Cadence next, smiling slightly, "He suffers from an incessant desire to do good, but now..." He trailed off, moving closer to Kieran, "I need you to be useful. Marcel and Davina have disappeared. I expect from the stupefied look on your face they haven't sought refuge in your attic."

"No. Those days are gone," Kieran assured him in a calm tone.

"Then energize your resources," Klaus insisted, intent on finding the duo, "I don't need to remind you how important it is they be found."

"Yeah," Kieran simply replied before walking away.

Once he was out of sight, Cadence glanced around, coming to the realization of what was going on. "These people..." She trailed off as Klaus turned to face her, "They're werewolves, and Kieran...He said you donated food. You're helping them?"

Klaus avoided eye contact with Cadence for a moment. He turned to her once more, noticing that she was actually smiling proudly. "They're not from their clan of wolves," He pointed out to her as he glanced down at Hunter and Hayden, "They're mine from very far back. They've fallen upon hard times, and their plight has brought out the philanthropist in me. What can I say?" He continued on, his lips curling upwards, "Must be your influence."

Klaus walked past Cadence, on the verge of moving toward the door when Cadence spoke up. "What do you mean your clan?" She asked curiously and Klaus turned to face her.

"The blood that runs in their veins runs in mine..." He trailed off, turning to face Hayley, "And in my child's."

Cadence remained silent for a long moment, taking in what he was saying. "It's like this family gets more and more complicated by the second," She commented, beginning to smile, "Your child will have the blood of a witch, two werewolves bloodlines, and a vampire."

"Like these two are any different," Klaus retorted as he crouched down to meet Hunter and Hayden at eye view, "I trust you know your history?"

"We do," Hunter replied as he nodded his head in agreement.

Klaus smiled at him, only to have it fade as he turned to Hayden curiously. "You don't talk much, do you?"

"Hayden doesn't talk to people he doesn't know," Hunter informed Klaus without a care in the world, earning a glare from Hayden.

"Well perhaps I'll get to know you two better soon enough," Klaus replied before he looked up at Cadence, "If your mother decides not to keep you locked away in that apartment all day long."

  Hearing Klaus' words, Hayden finally laughed. "I'm in trouble because I bit the babysitter."

Klaus turned to Hayden curiously, knowing that Cadence had literally gotten the new babysitter just two days before. "Now, why'd you go and do that?"

"She tried to make me go to bed," Hayden confessed without a care in the world, "I don't like when people boss me around."

Klaus chuckled and turned to Cadence, who rolled her eyes. "You and me both," He agreed with him, smiling at the thought, "Perhaps you have every reason to if she did that."

"Don't give them ideas, Klaus," Cadence scolded Klaus as she moved closer to him.

Klaus exchanged a mischievous look with the children, who began to chuckle.

_____

   That evening, Cadence stood with Klaus underneath an umbrella at Lafeyette Cemetary. Elijah, Rebekah, Sophie, and Hayley were there as well, preparing for Marcel to arrive with Davina for the Harvest.

Suddenly, flames started to erupt near the entrance, startling everyone there. "Fire," Sophie spoke up and Cadence's eyes widened in alarm.

After a moment, Marcel appeared, carrying Davina in his arms. As he walked toward them, flames followed them in a trail.

Once they got to the altar, Marcel placed her down, and Sophie held the ceremonial athame over the flames before she walked toward Davina. "Do you believe in the harvest?"

"I believe," Davina replied as she nodded nervously.

Once she spoke the words, Sophie raised the blade and wasted no time slicing Davina's throat with it.

Davina gasped in shock and grabbed at her throat before she finally fell back. Marcel immediately caught her and laid her down on the ground.

Just then, the rain finally stopped, and Davina's skin began to glow gold as the magic left her body and flowed into the earth.

Cadence watched on, a curious look on her face.

"After the Harvest comes the Reaping. Their sacrifices made and accepted. We call upon our Elders to resurrect the chosen ones," Sophie announced loudly and Cadence frowned as nothing seemed to happen, causing Sophie to begin again, "We call upon our Elders to resurrect the chosen ones..."

Sophie sighed, trying to contain her sadness as tears threatened to spill from her eyes. "Resurrect your chosen ones..." She pleaded, only to still have nothing happen, "Please? I beg..."

As it became clear nothing was going to happen, Sophie cried out as she fell to her knees. "No!"

Cadence looked down at Davina's body, beginning to tear up. She found herself beginning to cry, despite trying to hide it. As he stood beside her, Klaus sighed, placing a comforting hand on her back.

Just then, Klaus lifted his head to look at Marcel, who shot him a look of hatred before vampire-speeding away. Klaus sighed, just before following after him.

_____

That night, Klaus soon arrived at Cadence's apartment after speaking to Marcel and comforting him.

The duo sat together in the living room of Cadence's apartment. They were both having a drink together as they spoke of the day's events.

"This whole thing was doomed from the start, you know?" Klaus finally spoke up as he let out a large sigh, "Yes, we saved the city, and I'm not complaining about the witches losing their power, but this did not go down the way I thought it would."

Cadence nodded her head, sighing deeply in defeat. "I knew Elijah's plan was crazy, but I really thought it would work," She confessed in a whisper as she looked down at the ground, "It should have."

"I thought it would work too," Klaus admitted as he looked at Cadence, "I was sure Davina would survive. There was so much life in her."

Suddenly, Cadence froze. She lifted her head to look at Klaus, a concerned look on her face. "What about the power? Four were supposed to rise, and none did. Where did all that power go?"

Klaus moved closer to Cadence, noticing the look on her face. "You're worried, aren't you?"

"I am," Cadence sighed as she nodded her head, "The harvest should have worked. Even I know that. Something isn't right. They should have resurrected."

"I know you cared about Davina, but think on the bright side," Klaus placed, placing a hand on her shoulder, "The witches will soon lose their magic. They will not come after you or your sons anymore. They won't have the capability too."

Cadence turned to him, smiling slightly. "You're trying so hard to make me feel better and you're failing so miserably."

"Really?" Klaus asked, smiling back at her, "I thought I was helping?"

"Helping me? No," Cadence replied, shaking his head as she smiled, "Making me laugh? Yes."

Despite their previously serious conversation, Klaus and Cadence found themselves chuckling softly. It suddenly became silent between them. Klaus found himself at her closely and Cadence tilted her head as she gave him a curious look.

"There's something I must confess," Klaus informed her and Cadence nodded in understanding, "One outcast to another."

"Whatever it is, you can tell me," She encouraged him and Klaus smiled at her.

Klaus moved closer to her and Cadence remained still as he lifted his hand, tucking her hair behind her ear. He leaned forward, just before pressing a tender kiss to her lips.

Despite feeling shocked at first, Cadence began to kiss back. After a moment, the two pulled away. Klaus remained silent though, waiting for her reaction.

Just then, Klaus watched as Cadence's lips curled upwards into a smile. "I was wondering how long it would take you to do that," She confessed, earning a smile from Klaus.

He was about to speak up, only to be cut off as they heard Cadence's phone ring in her bedroom.

She sighed, turning to glance at Klaus. "I'll be right back," She told him, standing up before she walked toward her room.

Klaus remained in place, smiling slightly as he watched her walk away.

"Mommy?" A voice suddenly spoke up, causing Klaus to turn his head to see Hunter standing before him.

Klaus turned, immediately frowning at Hunter in concern when he noticed the look on Hunter's face. "Are you alright?"

"I think something's wrong. I had a bad dream," He informed Klaus, causing the hybrid to stand up and walk over to the young boy, who looked to be almost staggering.

Hunter was right. Something was wrong. Even Klaus knew that wasn't normal.

"What was the dream about?" Klaus asked, more concerned rather than curious.

"In the cemetery...There was a witch, she was doing a spell. Three people...They came out of the ground. They looked old. Their clothes were old. They weren't from here. Mommy's old friend Sabine was there. She was the one saying the spell," Hunter explained to Klaus, who frowned in concern.

  Just then, Klaus' eyes widened in alarm as he watched blood drip from Hunter's nose. "Cadence!" He called out to Cadence, who immediately rushed down the hallway since she knew something was wrong.

Seeing her son's state, she knelt before Hunter beside Klaus. She cupped Hunter's neck with her hands, examining his face. "You had one of your dreams again, didn't you?" She asked calmly and Hunter nodded in confirmation.

Klaus turned to Cadence, a puzzled look on his face. "You say it as if it's normal."

"It is," Cadence informed Klaus, who immediately frowned, "Hunter is connected to the French Quarter witches in a way Hayden and I aren't. He might not use their kind of magic, but he's linked to them in some kind of way that I still don't understand. He has visions sometimes of them when he's sleeping, premonitions. Usually, they're occurring right at this moment."

"Well, he just saw three witches rise from the dead," Klaus informed Cadence, the two of them immediately exchanging a worried look.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1M 26.7K 50
"Are you mental? We have locked these kinds of people here for hundreds of years for a reason" "I know; but she is our last resort" In the years when...
13.4K 423 23
Klaus Mikaelson is saved by the person he least expected.... His father. Mikael. So, all the Mikaelsons get the unexpected happy endings they all des...
723K 20.1K 49
Being the last witch of her kind, Lena Ricci has been protected by Rebekah Mikaelson her whole life. And then one day, as the two are having the tim...
72.6K 2K 18
A story in which a girl who watches TVD dies and wakes up in the TVD Universe, only somethings not right.......... ⚠️DISCONTINUED⚠️