OWNED

Від jasleenthakker

Meghan Bates is 'The Most', would be an understatement, well known fashion designer in the country, a self-ma... Більше

INTRODUCTION
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 1

9.5K 257 152
Від jasleenthakker

Yet another forlorn, unilluminated and dusky day managed to seep into the monotony of Seattle skylines and corporate offices buzzing in and about with their usual crowd. She rested herself on a wooden bench, a foam cup with coffee in one hand and a buttered bagel in another as she watched employees dressed in tight fitted pencil skirts and tailored suits, a few bearded men with steaming cups of tea in their hands and a few women with cell phones pressed against their ears, eyebrows scrunched in concentration and a few others rushing, dodging the crowd, not wanting to be late for their first day of work right after a boozy weekend.

As Meghan tried to blend in with the crowd, she gleamed internally, her heart fluttering to the realization that despite walking among these people, how different she was, the sole architect of her own glamorous world, answerable to only herself. Glitters and gold; it wasn't always this way, she hugged herself tighter to escape the cold. She retrieved a pair of jingling keys to open her boutique, set in a quaint place, a little away from the hustle of the rest. This was her nirvana, her creative juices begging to be released, this was who she was.

She set her foot in, her eyes twinkling in excitement for what today held but it soon evaporated when she had to face a twisted client on call. Though this was a part of her work, convincing clients, while also keeping in mind their requirements and tastes, sometimes, just sometimes there were exasperating ladies, extremely picky, who just wouldn't budge from their designs. These she despised but then there was nothing she couldn't handle; except the toll it took on her temper.

''No, I have mentioned to you this for the hundredth time now, I do not have to comply to everything she tells me she wants!'', Meghan penned down a few contacts frustrated on a stickie note and pressed it against the chest of her assistant, Steve.

''Steve, call them as soon as you can, I want to know if they have the fabric I am looking for, tell them money is not a problem'', Steve looked down at the list of contacts and smirked.

''Sweetie you know this is an impossible task when you've already contacted all the well- known centers in town for this'', he lifted an embellished copper sample between his fingers like it was a relic.

''That's why I've put you up for this task. Now quick, I want you off my sight and at your desk working on this right now'', Meghan scowled at Steve as he briskly made his way to the table making a few calls.

Steve was more than just an assistant to Meghan, he was one of the few gems she possessed, someone who never went behind her back, leaking designs and creating tantrums, something she had dealt with most recently. Meghan sourly looked out of her glass window as the thought of Mark crossed her mind. He had been assisting her for quite some time until she realized he had been sneaking her designs bit by bit, trying to create his own label.

As common and meagre these occurrences were in the fashion industry, Meghan was not just any of those ones to take such things lightly. She had slogged her asses off to get her brand this recognition and plagiarism was just not her style; she would screw anyone who even attempted to try it with her. It was Steve who eventually found out and showed Mark his place. He was too good looking for his age, in his mid-forties all salt and pepper hair, tanned and muscular complimenting his dark brown eyes.

Meghan never really expressed well, but deep down they both knew he was the Joey to her Phoebe.

''Missy after what I've pulled out, I need a raise. The fabric will be delivered here at the boutique by tomorrow evening'', Steve handed over the sample back to Meghan.

''A raise for being a pain in the ass while I'm trying to cope with deadlines for the Met Gala, I don't think so'', Meghan pouted.

''Can we at least take a lunch break now'', Steve pulled Meghan from her chair and dragged her to the lunch room.

''Mam, I was just wondering about the 5 pieces we created for last month's street fashion show, where should I accommodate them'', an intern barged into the lunch room without knocking. Two heads turned his way, Steve shaking his head in anticipation of what was to come next and Meghan shooting him a glare.

''Well, how about you shove it down your throat'', Meghan seethed with anger. She hated explaining the intern's basic manners like they were in kindergarten. She was a ticking time bomb, Steve immediately cut her conversation not wanting to drag something this silly.

''You knock before you enter Jack, just place these in the store room and label them will you'', Steve sighed as the intern left with a nod.

''You know you could just ease up on these newbies for once'', Steve looked at Meghan as she took a huge bite of her sandwich.

''What am I charity?'', Meghan definitely had temper issues, it was a way to cope up with a largely male dominated society where she had to always take long strides to stay ahead in her game.

The two of them continued to have lunch until there was a knock on the door.

''Come in'', Meghan instructed to whoever was on the other side of the door.

''Mam we have big news coming our way, if at all you've been following the tabloid, the chairman of Elias enterprises is getting married and we might be the ones getting to customize the wedding pieces'', Sandra gleefully jumped up and down at her spot not being able to contain her excitement.

Meghan raised an eyebrow in surprise. She did definitely read the tabloids but this was still news. As far as she knew, the CEO of Elias Enterprises was a jerk to say the least. Insensitive could be his middle name, but who was she to judge, they had never really crossed roads so he wasn't a subject of interest or otherwise.

''Well, I'm surprised considering his character, he's finally settled upon someone, isn't he a womanizer'', Meghan sounded disgusted.

''Right now, all that matters is that we get the contract, it'll be something to look forward to'', Steve murmured.

''You're right, who wouldn't be wanting to design garments for the hot shot billionaire especially when half the country would be attending his wedding'', Meghan smirked. She was confident enough to be contacted sooner rather than later for the order.

''Sandra, quickly tell the staff to leave whatever they're doing and assemble in my cabin right now'', Sandra scurried out to gather everyone.

''I want all ears and no mouth for the next few minutes. We are aiming at fetching the contract for Mr. Elias's wedding as you might have read about in the tabloids. We need as many sketches as possible, fabric samples for suits and gowns and a clear space for the work to be put in progress once things get finalized. Sandra and Steve will lead the team, all designs will be put through them first and only then at my table. I will be handling the groom and the bride so that is out of the question. Look into bridesmaids and best man'', as she was briefing the team she was cut off by Jack.

''Mam, sorry to interrupt but don't you think planning everything before a heads up is too presumptuous'', he blurted. It took just a moment for his penny to drop when realization hit him like a wrecking ball. You know you expect some to learn from their lessons, unfortunately he wasn't one of them.

''You, Jack, may get the fuck out of my cabin right now, and don't forget to drop by your resignation, first thing in the morning'', Meghan screamed leaving Jack in tears as he left without a word.

Meghan hated anyone questioning her judgements and definitely not by someone like Jack.

There were gasps around the room when Steve cleared his throat breaking the tension, '' I think we are all clear on our roles for the event, the next meeting will be after a confirmation has been received, off you all go'', Meghan huffed as she took her place back on the chair.

''That was twice that bastard's been getting all over the place'', Meghan was sipping on her bottle of water when there was a call on her landline.

''Meghan Bates speaking'', she put the phone on speaker.

''Ms. Bates, we are calling from Elias enterprises, we are pleased to inform you that Mr. Elias has decided upon your label for his wedding, you will have to present yourself at 10 am tomorrow, to meet Mr. Elias and his wedding planner for further deets.'', the secretary kept rambling. Meghan simply rolled her eyes, trying to get hold of her breath from all that screaming a couple of minutes ago.

''Well, I'm pleased for being considered for this event but just so you know I don't work for Mr. Elias so he will be the one to come to my boutique if he wants the garments on time and to his liking.'', Meghan was a firm follower of her ideals and always kept her stand.

The secretary gasped in shock as it was unbelievable for someone to behave like this when they very well knew who Wilson was. She kept the call on hold as she made another call.

''Mr. Elias will see you at 10 am, your boutique'', Meghan smirked at Steve who gaped at her.

That is Chapter 1 for you all. Please don't forget to vote, comment and share my work.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

5.5K 515 17
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 " 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢...
523K 24.7K 48
What happens when the mafia boss, Miguel Lobos's assistant overhears a conversation that puts a target on her back by Miguel's heartless frenemy?? Mi...
1.2M 41K 52
Ranked #1 in adventureedition Ranked #27 in justwriteit *** His hands moved up my thighs seductively. "You're mine......" his voice was nothing but...
Goosebumps Від Cool

Боєвики

85.9K 1.9K 58
He craves emotions, feelings, but he doesn't show it. She used to crave emotions, feelings, but now she doesn't. If it means to love him and get the...