[̲̅C̲̅] [̲̅R̲̅] [̲̅U̲̅] [̲̅C̲...

By moonriverxx

"I'm tired of saving everyone! When is someone going to save me?" "I'm trying," ______________________ ... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six

Chapter Ten

319 17 1
By moonriverxx

Malfoy Manor
Wiltshire, England
Date: Wednesday, 12th of February 2020

"Lavenders blue, dilly-dilly,
Lavenders green,
When I am king, dilly-dilly,
You shall be my queen."

It had taken a lot of motivation but Jenna finally decided to get ready for the day. Finally, she decided on dark cropped jeans, a black t-shirt, a dark green cardigan, and black vans. She had chosen to wear mascara today and put her hair in its usual low bun. When she finally made her way downstairs Draco was waiting for her.

"Thank Merlin, DuBaer!" He walked up to her fixing his robes. "They're all going ballistic in there," Draco grumbled.

"Why?" Jenna asked wrapping her cardigan tighter around her torso. The cold winter air had started to make its way through the manor. She and Draco made their way down the grand staircase in an attempt to still get to the dining room on time.

"They haven't stopped talking about the other night. My grandfather demands to have his wand back. My grandmothers are both gossiping about Elliot. My parents and Cygnus won't stop talking about how your bogart was nothing." explained Draco. Jenna stopped walking and wore a shocked expression on her face.

Turning to face Draco, she just now realized what the Malfoys had all seen last night. Jenna had a family, but they weren't her real family. Within her fifteen years of life she had been to eight different foster homes. The DuBaers finally adopted her a little over a year ago. Due to all of the bouncing around Jenna had always felt alone. That was her worst fear, being alone. Her being alone was what Draco and his family had seen last night. Not that she wasn't afraid of anything. However, she wouldn't mind them thinking that for a while.

"Do you have something to say?" He asked confused.

"Can we not go in there? Can't we just say that you decided to show Elliot and I around?" asked Jenna. She was desperate not to spend any more time with that family than was deemed necessary. The thought of them trying to ask about last night creeped into her mind. She wasn't going to pour her heart out to them.

"I wouldn't mind that," Elliot stated from behind Jenna. She turned and smiled at her friend whom she had not noticed has been behind them. His big blue eyes were filled with relief at the thought. Draco thought for a moment then, nodded. He knew how his family could be and frankly, he could use a break from them as well.

"We will start down here first," Draco stated in a matter of fact tone. He straightened out his posture then walked ahead of them. A stern facial expression upon his face. Jenna rolled her eyes at the sight of him doing it.

"Some things never change." She thought as she and Elliot walked in sync behind Draco.

  The first floor had entirely been redone. Jenna was proud to see all of the dark colors and artifacts were now gone. It made the manor less haunting in her eyes. Portraits of blonde hair, grey-eyed ancestors lined some of the halls. All tried to spat some unpleasant things at the trio as they passed. Jenna and Elliot had heard worse from Walburga Black. Hopefully, that god awful portrait wouldn't be there after the remodel.

"This is the library. It has spell books dating back to King Arthur's times and of course, Fairy tales, wizard biographies, and no, we do not under any circumstances own a copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard." Draco explained.

"You're missing out." Elliot stated in response to the Tales of Beedle the Bard comment. They both understand that both families had different ideas on blood purity than Jenna and Elliot shared. Therefore, explained the reason for not owning the fairytale.

"Death would be ashamed of you," Jenna smirked, noting the metaphor she had just made. The Tale of the Three Brothers was a classic. Especially, during the Second Wizarding War. She watched as Draco attempted to scare her with a glare. He had to have known that him saying something about it would set the two of them off. Never out of spite just to have some fun.

"Right. You're free to come down here whenever you like. None of us really use it." Jenna looked amazed, the library was bigger than any other library she had ever seen. Not to mention, had every spellbook that was known to wizardkind, probably.

  The trio made their way up the back staircase. Draco explained that this would take them past his, his parents, and the elder Malfoy's rooms. Cygnus and Druella were closer to where she and Elliot were currently staying. As they passed Narcissa and Lucius's room an odd feeling settled in Jenna's stomach. As one would normally do she brushed it off. They continued to walk down the corridor admiring the new work that had been done.

"Lavenders blue, dilly-dilly,
Lavenders green,
When I am king, dilly-dilly,
You shall be my queen."

  Jenna froze and looked around for a ghost. If the Manor was anything like Hogwarts, it would be filled to the top with dead ancestors or something. She saw nothing, shaking her head slightly,  she resumed walking. Draco and Elliot were only a few paces ahead of her. Surely, it was in her head. The boys would have heard it if it wasn't.

"Who told you so? Dilly-Dilly,
Who told you so?
'T'was mine own heart, Dilly-Dilly,
That told me so."

  Jenna stopped dead in her tracks. This time she knew she had heard it. The older woman's voice was beautiful and put Jenna's busy mind at ease. Looking around she had noticed a pair of double doors right across Lucius and Narcissa's room. That's when she began hearing the lullaby. Jenna swore her life on it that she had heard it before. She just didn't know where or when in her lifetime.

"Draco, what's this room?" Jenna called out. The boys stopped and turned to her. Draco looked at the room she was pointing at with curiosity.

"If I knew I would tell you but I have no idea what's in there," Draco said. It was obvious to the pair that he wasn't lying to them. Jenna wanted nothing more than to open it's doors and reveal all of the secrets that were hidden.

"Wait, you've lived here for almost twenty years and have no idea what's in that room?" asked a surprised Elliot.

Draco nodded, "Mother and Father never allowed it. I've tried many times to go in but even my magic won't open the door."

Jenna eyed the door, "Sometimes, when no one wants you in, it's for a good reason."

She normally didn't even bother with doors once she knew they were locked. This one, however, was practically begging to be opened. But, if Draco couldn't get in with his magic, how would the three of them get in? Unless...the Malfoys were not as smart as they thought they were.

"Draco have you ever tried to just open the door?" He and Elliot looked at her as if she three heads and had just asked them to dive off of the roof headfirst. Draco thought for a moment and shook his head no. Jenna nodded and knew exactly what had been done to the room. "Blood magic." She whispered.

"What was that, Jen?" asked Elliot.

Jenna turned to face them, "Draco, the room was sealed with blood magic. No spell, curse, or potion would be able to open the door. Only those who carry the same blood as your parents can open the door."

Draco stared at her in awe. Never in his nineteen years of life had he been exposed to blood magic. He didn't even know it was a thing until today. His parents on the other hand seemed to have known what it was. They also have a serious reason for not teaching him nor allowing him to know what it was. Something was in that room that they wanted to stay hidden. Well, Draco Lucius Malfoy would find out what was in that room. Today, he had declared.

"What are you three doing up here!?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272 53 46
This is property of Leo Regulus Malfoy. These are my observations of the world. Do not read
25.7K 684 22
You have been friends with Draco Malfoy since the beginning of your second year at Hogwarts. You spend your time during the summer and winter breaks...
12.2K 149 21
My requests are open! I will do anything! This story will contain: Fluff and angst. Please do not hesitate to give me requests! I hope you enjoy!
2.8M 115K 77
⫶⫶⫶ ᴇ ᴅ ᴇ ʟ y ɴ ⫶⫶⫶ ― Edelyn Aurélia Black learned from a young age that h e r o e s aren't always the ones who win. ...