All Up In My Head [Completed]

Bởi overlush

[COMPLETED] What makes a woman, woman? Her femininity? Her gentle touch and tender love? Or perhaps a man to... Xem Thêm

Disclaimer
All Up In My Head
Prologue
1 Not A Saint
2 On Edge
3 Got You
4 Closing In
5 Locked Out
6 Ride With Me
7 Safe Cry
8 Cheer Up
10 Stargirl
11 Not Your Date
12 Just A Myth
13 Sundown
14 Too Much
15 Look Back
16 Like This
17 Cornelia
18 Restless
19 Inhibitions
20 Uncertain
21 Butterflies
22 Rainy Nights
23 Terror
24 Shame
25 Sometimes
26 Time Flies
27 Fireflies & Falls
28 The Calm
29 The Storm
30 Another Day
31 The Departure
32 The Aftermath
33 Redemption
34 Rekindle
35 Chances
00 Him, Part I
00 Him, Part II
Epilogue
Last Note

9 Stupefied

140 6 1
Bởi overlush

Stupefied

“Saan ba kasi tayo?” naiinip niyang tanong habang naglalakad sila patungo sa College of Engineering. He didn’t say anything. Nakasunod lang siya dito. They walked along the silent hallways of the building. Some classrooms are even lit at this hour. May iilang nagkaklase pa.

“I have something to show you,” he answered.

Lila bored her eyes on him, still not convinced.

He softly chuckled. “Trust me!” he exclaimed.

Napahalukipkip siya. “The last time I trusted someone...” She paused. “…forget it.”

There’s no reason to mull over the stuff which ended a long time ago. Pumasok sila sa pinakahuling silid. Nakita niyang nilagyan ni Ewan ng upuan ang pinto para manatiling nakabukas. Lila guessed that he really learned.

“Leaving it open. Baka may baliw na mang-lock sa’tin.”

He turned the lights on and Lila witnessed the humongous pile of junk. Cable wires, glasses, woods, metals and whatnot are present. The stuff inside are familiar and alienating all at the same time.

“Mga projects namin noon. Look, our fingerprint scanner is here.”

Sinundan niya ang lalaki. She was carefully striding. She might break something valuable.

“Para saan ‘yan?” she asked.

Ewan is holding a piece of wooden board. Attached to it are electrical board, some cable wiring and what seems to be a locking mechanism.

“Lie detector test. Isang scan lang malalaman mo na kung totoong may nararamdaman ka sa’kin.” He looked serious.

Lila heaved a sigh. She knows he’s just making it up. His jokes are not funny to her. Mukhang alam naman nito.

“Biro lang. Door lock talaga ‘to. We used fingerprint sensor and a servomotor.” He continued explaining things and telling her technical terms that she can’t really comprehend. Tumango-tango na lamang siya.

“Saan ka pupunta?” tanong niya nang akmang aalis si Ewan.

Malapad ang ngisi nito. “Miss mo na agad?”

Sinamaan niya ng tingin ang lalaki. He only laughed and left saying he’s going to get something. Why is he so excited? Napasandal si Lila sa gilid habang hinihintay ito. Ilang sandali lang ay dumating naman agad ang lalaki na may dala pang laptop. Where did he get that?

He opened the laptop and rummaged through it.

“It can store up to 130 fingerprints. Let’s add yours,” ika nito saka kinuha ang kamay niya para ilagay sa scanner. He continued typing something on the laptop. Sumilip siya sa ginagawa nito ngunit lalo lang sumakit ang kanyang ulo sa nakita.

“Pwede ko nang tanggalin?” she asked after some time.

“Huwag!” Nagitla siya sa singhal nito. What did she do this time?

But he flashed his stupid grin again and said, “Huwag mong tagalan.”

Lila breath inwardly. “Alam mo, masasapak talaga kita,” singhal niya. Tumwa lang ito at sinabing pwede na niyang bitawan.

“Try it,” he said gesturing to the scanner again.

Nilapat niya ang hintuturo. “Whoa...” she whispered when the locked slid to the side responding to her fingerprint. Ilang beses nilang sinubukan. Ewan was saying that it isn’t really impressing because it’s only a beginner’s project. Lila wondered what else are they building here.

“You know, you don’t say much but your face says a lot.”

He’s leaning against the table, his hands crossed around his chest, his head tilting towards her. Lila bit her lip and tried to suppress her facial expressions.

“Hindi kaya,” tanggi niya pa.

“See? I’ve never seen a person with so much expression.” He seems amused of her.

Lila almost rolled her eyes. “Hindi mo ba nakikitang sarili mo?”

“Ikaw, di mo ba nakikita ang sarili mo?” There he is again with that stoic look. It makes her wonder who’s the real Ewan. Most of the time, he’s such a jokester, there are times that he throws sarcastic remarks but moments like this one makes Lila’s insides twist in shambles. Who are you, Ewan?

His eyes changed and continued talking, “We’re actually working on our final project. Make or break na kumbaga.”

“Grupo kayo ni Patrick?” she asked.

He shook his head. “No, pero nagtutulungan naman kami. Parehong robotics ang major namin eh.”

“Ano ‘to?” She read the scratch paper. Tree energy generation. Smart receptionist. Wala na siyang masabi.

“Ideas. Designs ng mga classmates ko,” he replied.

“Aren’t these too ambitious?” Her brows furrowing.

He chuckled. “Wait 'til you see mine.”

“What are you building? Mga megatron?”

Tumawa itong muli. “Joker ka pala, Lila. Confidential muna. Baka ma-jinx.”

“Naniniwala ka pala do’n,” she whispered.

He doesn’t look like someone who believed in such. Lumabas sila sa building. They’re walking side by side. Ewan talk about himself. She’s actually glad that he does that. Lila doesn’t want any pity from someone. Her sob story doesn’t define her. Isa pa, hindi siya handang bigyan ng daan ang isang taong wala namang kasiguraduhan kung tatagal.

“Ikaw, what are you up to? Diba language studies ang course mo?”

She shrugged. “Yeah. It’s nothing interesting.”

“Anong hindi? I can’t even write a proper essay.”

She snorted. Who doesn’t? Anyone can come up with one, she thought.

“Sige nga, anong French ng maganda?” tanong nito.

Umiling siya. “Ayokong sagutin ‘yan.”

She already took French last year. She knows the basic but for some reasons, she didn’t want to answer it.

“Pambihira. Akala mo ba banat ‘yon?” Humagalpak ito ng tawa.

Lila glared at him but he only laughed louder. Naiinis na talaga siya sa lalaking ‘to. One moment he was telling her how great his family and how he loves comic characters and how passionate he is about his swimming thing and another second, he downright teasing her.

“Du bist so doof!” singhal niya saka inunahan ang lalaki sa paglalakad.

As expected, he caught up.

“Anong ibig sabihin no’n?”

Ilang beses itong nangulit sa sagot ngunit hinayaan niya lang ito. Napansin niyang nasa tuktok na ang buwan. Anong oras na nga ba? Ni hindi niya napansin ang oras kanina. She didn’t even feel tired after all the things she did this day. Ngunit kailangan niya ng umuwi.

“Tara na. Gabi na,” aniya.

“Ang daya mo talaga.” He pouted and crossed his arms.

Lila can’t believe on how he’s acting. Nasa labas na sila ng Gustavio. He’s still walking along side her. Hanggang sa marating nila ang sakayan ng jeep.

“Teka lang...” They stopped. Ewan dangled something in the air. It’s the bracelet he brought at the night market but it looks different. The purple shade is still there but he added some charms around it.

“Para sa’yo talaga to. Inayos ko lang,” ika nito saka inikot sa kanyang kamay ang bracelet. Lila bit her lip when his hand grazed around her skin. He looked satisfied on how it turned out. This isn’t right, Lila thought. But before she can say anything an audi stopped in front of them.

The window slowly opened. And she saw a woman in her late 50's or early 60's at least. She's wearing her hair in a bun. Mapupula ang manipis nitong mga labi. Her aristocratic nose is proud as the light reflects on her silk dress. Something tells Lila that she looks immaculate in her prime. Who is this woman?

“Ewan? Why are you still out in the middle of the street?” tanong nito.

May kakaiba sa punto ng babae.

Ewan looked surprised. “I just had something going on, Abuela.” He took a glance at her.

“I do not understand why your coach does not allow you to drive. You wouldn't even get a driver. Pareho talaga kayo ni Vico, matitigas ang ulo. Always risking your safety,” himutok nito.

The woman turned to her. “Quien es esta chica?”

“Lila po,’ sagot niya.

“Oh comprende?” She smiled.

She nodded and said, “Konti lang po.”

“Ito ba ang oras ng iyong uwi, hija?” Tinaasan siya nito ng kilay.

She didn’t know what else to say. The woman is just so intimidating to her.

“Abuela...”

The woman suddenly smiled. “Perdon. Mga kabataan talaga ngayon. Get inside and we’ll take this lovely girl home.”

Wala na siyang nagawa. She didn’t have the guts to say no. Parang kakainin siya nang buhay ng lola ni Ewan kapag tumanggi siya. She was seated at the front sit. Magkatabi ang dalawa sa likod. Tahimik lang siya buong byahe. Wala naman siyang ibang sasabihin. They’d occasionally ask her things but she preferred if they won't. Buti na lang ang dalawa na ang nag-usap kalaunan.

“Hijo, por favor, get someone to drive you or I’ll talk to Clementine.”

“Abuela, don’t bother. Nakikisakay naman ako kina Gab or kay Eon.”

Malapit lang naman ang bahay nila pero parang kay tagal ng byahe. Laking saya niya nang makita na ang gate ng bahay nila. Agad siyang lumabas saka nagpasalamat dito. She really felt suffocated inside. Kahit na wala naman itong ginagawa sa kanya.

“Dito pala ang bahay niyo.” He got off the car.

She smiled a little. “Salamat sa paghatid. Alis na kayo,” pagtataboy niya.

“Pasok ka muna,” ika nito.

Mukhang hindi talaga makikinig.

“Bye...” She nodded at him and immediately got inside their house. She sighed when she heard the car leaving. Lila never saw herself at disadvantaged. Even though she’s a scholar who belongs to a lower class family. She’s proud to say that she helped herself and she never let anyone bullied her. But in that small, tight, enclosed space of a 4-seater audi, Lila felt small.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

12.1K 276 83
LBY | Look Behind You A confusing girl and her friend's brother. An Epistolary Taglish
450K 13.8K 48
Nick & Van Even if we ended up apart, at least, for a while... you were mine.
1K 121 76
Kenneth is high. Too high to not see that he might have gained the spotlight after his band's rise to stardom, but he might have lost the only light...
170K 2.1K 23
Just read...if interested :) Mga kaganapan sa buhay mag-asawa/pamilya nina Vic and Mika. *Light lang ang theme ng story na ito promise :D Madami ng k...