Shining Star

By Livinandlovin

Ariella Hino and Izuku Midoriya have been childhood friends since forever. Both go to UA High, are heroes and... More

Nightmare
Visible Scars
The Golden Shimmer
Ghosts
Danger
Broken Promises
Wicked Storm
Tag, You're It
Fear Factor
Brokenhearted
Jealousy Bites
Shattered Glass
And So it Begins
Radioactive
Hurricane
After the Storm

Connections

2 0 0
By Livinandlovin

I jumped, "Damn it, Bakugou! What do you want? I want to go eat, I'm starving."

He pushed me back and came into my room, shutting the door behind him. I backed into my desk, my eyes wide.

"What the hell! Did you not hear me?!" I snapped.

He glared, "I heard you, damn it! You're not leaving till you tell me what the hell happened out there! I know All Might wasn't saying the whole truth."

I fumed, "Why should I? You were the one who called him on Deku and me!"

"So damn what! Tell me what happened, Ariella." he was serious.

I took a deep breath, calmed myself, and stared back into his crimson eyes.

I sighed, "My Dad showed up again."

"I knew it! Where is he? I'm going to kill him!" Bakugou snapped.

"He's in jail, Bakugou! Calm the fuck down!"

He calmed himself the best he could, "In jail? How did that happen?"

I sighed again, moved around my desk, and went to my bed to sit down. He followed and sat next to me. I brought my knees to my chest and rested my chin on them, I turned to him.

"After Deku and I stopped him, he was taken to jail. He's been stalking me since I started going to UA, not that you care. "

He glared, "Who says I don't!"

"Me! Did you forget how you treated me and Deku once we started here?"

He turned away, "What's that got to do with your Dad."

"If you weren't so busy being an ass, you would of known what was going on with me."

He turned back sighing, "Whatever, but I knew something was bothering you. You'd always wake up screaming during the night, it was annoying."

I clenched my fists again, "Well, sorry! That was because I was having major PTSD when I started here."

"Can we not talk about that! Just tell me what happened..."

I unclenched my fists, "Fine. My Dad tried to take me back again, but Deku wouldn't let him. So, all three of us got into a fight, Deku and I were just protecting ourselves."

"I can't see you getting into a random fight, Ariella. But, Deku I can see."

"Shut up! He was protecting me, Bakugou! I let him because he couldn't the first time."

He rolled his eyes, "Right, and what were you doing? Crying in the corner?"

"Your such an ass! No, I wasn't. After my Dad knocked him out, I took charge."

He cocked an eyebrow, "He knocked Deku out?"

I nodded, "Yeah. I was worried, but I did fight against my Dad. It was self-defense, he touched me again..."

He clenched his fists, "Of course, he did."

"Deku protected me again. Well, actually we protected each other."

"How the hell is that possible?"

I turned from him, "I can't exactly tell you, All Might told us not to tell anyone."

He glared, "What? Why the hell not! You better tell me!"

I turned back glaring, "I can't Bakugou! I don't even know how it happened."

He was getting annoyed and grabbed my arm, I flinched. He leaned in close, our eyes locked into each other, my cheeks burned.

"Tell me how you two managed to knock your Dad out, Ariella!"

"Let my arm go and I will!"

Oi, I'm going to regret this... I'm sorry All Might, Deku...

He let go and pulled back, "What did you do?"

I took a deep breath, "Deku and I used a double attack. His One for All with Fire."

He shot up fuming, "What the hell?! What the fuck do you mean by a double attack!"

I let go of my legs and dropped them down, I stood up clenching my fists again.

"Just like I said! We used One for All with Fire!"

"How is that even possible! I haven't seen a double attack since I-Island!"

"I don't even know, Bakugou! It was so weird, my necklace spread itself out and even my tears changed..."

He calmed himself, "Wait, your necklace spread out?"

I unclenched my fists and sighed. I sat back down on my bed while he stayed standing.

"Yes. It spread out over half my chest, covering the top of my boobs."

I showed him where, as blush crept to his face and he turned away.

"R-really? Your not serious, that type of necklace isn't expandable."

"Well, it must be if it did that! It's so confusing, I even saw flashbacks of our childhood."

That caught him off guard and he turned back, his blush now gone.

"Flashbacks? You mean with Deku or all three of us?"

I shook my head, "Just Deku and I, that's when I started to cry. Usually, my tears are red, but they had a tint of green in them."

He was getting irritated, he thinks I'm completely nuts!

"This isn't making any sense, Ariella!"

"It's not my fault, Bakugou! I told you I don't know what happened!"

"Then show me what happened! Maybe that'll help us!"

My eyes went wide, he was still irritated but blush filled his entire face again.

"You're not serious! For all we know, it may not even work with us! I didn't think it would with Deku, but then it did."

He blushed harder, "So what?! We should still give it a shot."

I threw my hands up, "Oh my god, fine! We'll try, but we both need to be careful. Let's not burn the dorm down, okay?"

He glared as his blush faded, "Don't tell me what to do!"

"Whatever!" I snapped, he rolled his eyes.

I sighed, got up from my bed, and stood in front of him. His crimson eyes burned through mine, my cheeks burned.

Damn it! I can't believe he wants to do this!

"This is how it happened, Deku was behind me and I stood in front of him."

"That's it? How's that going to help!"

"I'm not finished, Bakugou! Yes, I stood in front of him but he also entwined our fingers together."

A glimpse of jealousy filled his eyes but vanished instantly, he sighed.

"So, he basically held your hands."

I nodded, "Do you want to do this or not? I'm more than happy to just leave you here and go eat."

He glared again, "Yes! Now, get on with it!"

I rolled my eyes, "Alright! I'm going to stand in front of you, don't attack me!"

"I won't, damn it! Will you just get in front of me."

I took a deep breath and took a step closer to him. I turned around and placed myself in front. My cheeks burned again, I already felt the heat coming off him. I backed myself into him, he flinched.

"What the hell, Ariella! Why did you just back up into me!"

"Because Bakugou, it's exactly what Deku did. He was literally against my back, just do it if you want this to work!"

"You're so annoying! I'll do it." and he did.

My heartbeat skyrocketed, just like it did with Deku. I felt his chest pressed against my back, it was burning. I closed my eyes as my wings busted out, my tank tore right down the middle of my back and my chest started to expose itself.

I opened them and looked over my shoulder, he was blushing again.

"Don't stare! It's creepy, just ignore them. I'm going to spread my wings wider, watch out."

"Whatever," he said and I did.

I turned back and faced my bedroom wall. I could feel his face right at my neck, I shivered.

It's the same feeling I got with Deku but weaker... This is so weird!

I shook that out of my mind and focused my power. Without any warning, my hands were grabbed and my eyes went wide. I looked down at them, Bakugou was already entwining our fingers.

I didn't even tell him too...

I looked over at him, "Now, focus your Explosion quirk into me. It's what Deku did with his, can you do that?"

"Of course, I can! I'm not a weakling!"

"I'm just saying, jeez!"

"Well, don't! I know what I'm doing!" and he closed his eyes, I turned back.

A surge of power coursed through my veins, I flinched. It was his power, it's so intense. My flames started to mix in with his explosion and burned my body, I cried. My blood tears trickled their way down my cheeks, they were yellow-orange with a red tint.

That same burning sensation on my neck was back and I looked down. My eyes went wide again, my necklace was expanding itself over my chest again. Instead of being red and green, it was yellow-orange with red.

Split images of my childhood appeared again but with Bakugou this time. From when he met Deku and I, to when I came running for him, and again, when we started here.

NO WAY! NOT POSSIBLE! It feels just as warm, but still weaker than Deku...

A huge fire explosion circle encased us as flames started forming up, I squeezed his hands tight.

"Not so much, Bakugou! We can't burn the dorms down!"

"Shit! Sorry!"

"Just focus on something smaller, like an image or something!"

"Shut up, Ariella! Let me do this!"

"Hurry up!" and he did.

The circle eased into a ring around us, no flames in sight. I lifted our arms up, brought them in close, and formed a heart shape with them.

I hope he gets this!

He did and my hands were squeezed tight. He brought his lips to my ear, making my body jolt.

"I've got it, you ready?" he whispered.

"I am." and we fused our quirks together.

"Exploding Fire Heart!"

A fire heart took shape in our connected arms, it was beautiful. We let go of each other's hands and everything around us vanished. Bakugou took a step back from me as my wings faded and my necklace took its normal shape.

Soon as they faded I quickly brought my hands up to hold my tank up, I turned to face him. He was in shock and would not stop looking at his hands. I quickly went to my bathroom and grabbed Deku's hoodie even though it was still damp, and put it on.

I zipped it up halfway, leaving part of my boobs exposed and walked out. Bakugou was sitting on my bed still looking at his hands. I went over and stood in front of him, he finally looked up.

"What the hell was that power? I've never felt anything like it and I know how strong I am."

I sighed, "You see what I mean, now? It's impossible to figure out."

"I get that now! It was so weird, you're necklace and tears even changed to match my quirk..."

"I know, that's exactly what happened with Deku's too."

He sighed, "So you weren't acting crazy."

I rolled my eyes, "You can't tell anyone, understand? I already broke that promise to All Might and Deku when I told you."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever I won't."

"I mean it! This can't get out, not yet at least. Only Deku, All Might, me, and now you know about it."

He got up, I moved out of his way as he headed for my door. He turned back I blushed, he was looking me up and down.

"Can you not stare!" I snapped.

"Isn't that Deku's hoodie?"

"Yeah, so? Why does it matter?"

He glared, "It doesn't! I was just asking!" and stormed out, leaving the door open.

I hung my head, sighing. Even with him, it works... This is to weird.

I waited for five minutes and headed out into the living room to catch up with everyone. Once I walked in, my eyes looked to the windows, still raining.

If this keeps up we're going to have flooding...

I made my way into the kitchen and went for the cupboards. I started to ramage through them and found some ramen to eat.

I am so hungry and it's only 8:00 pm!

I went over to the stove and started to boil water. My eyes drifted to everyone in the room, I smiled to myself. They were all talking and hanging out, even Bakugou was still out, usually, he's in bed by now. Then again, he was just with me.

I sighed and went back to watching the water. A sudden tap was on my shoulder, I turned and smiled.

"What's up, Deku?"

"Hey, Ariella. Are you okay? You were in your room for a while." he said.

I turned back to the water, "I'm fine, just tired is all."

He leaned against the counter next to me, "I see you're still wearing my hoodie."

I blushed, "Yeah, sorry. I'll give it back, it's just very cozy."

He laughed, "That it is. Can I ask you something, Ariella?"

"Sure, what do you want to know?"

The water started to bubble then, I turned and reached for the ramen. Deku noticed and handed me the packet, but he was blushing.

"Uh, Deku? Why are you blushing?" I asked again.

He shot his head up, "What? Oh, no reason!" and turned away.

Then it hit me, I looked down to where he was looking and my face burned crimson.

Shit! I'm bare-chested under his hoodie...

I zipped it all the way, "Don't look at them now!"

He turned back, still blushing. "Sorry! Didn't mean too, my eyes just wondered."

"Sorry, Deku. It's just that after I cleaned up, I didn't feel like wearing a tee or tank. I will when I go to bed though."

I placed the ramen in the pot as he turned back to face me, his blush gone.

"Ah, I see. Anyway, back to my question."

"Yeah?"

He voice went serious, "About what happened with your Dad, did you feel anything when we did our double attack?"

I nearly dropped my fork when he said that. Did he feel something?

"What do you mean by that?"

"It's hard to explain, but like, did you see images of our childhood? I did..."

My eyes went wide, "Y-you saw them too?"

His did the same, "So you did!"

I nodded and stirred the ramen, "Yes. It made me cry and my blood tears changed."

"I saw that even your necklace went all weird."

I finished cooking, headed over to the sink, and poured the ramen into the bowl I had set out. I rinsed out the pot, set it down, and picked up the bowl. I turned back to face Deku.

"I know..." and sat down at the table.

Deku followed and sat in the nearest chair next to me, he was slightly worried.

"I didn't hurt you during that did I, Ariella?"

"No, of course not, Deku! It took a lot out of me, but that's it."

He sighed with relief, "Good, I was worried I did."

I put my hand on his arm, "You were fine. Thank you, by the way, you really did protect me from my Dad."

He smiled, "You're welcome, but it was mostly you."

I smiled back, "Yeah, I guess so." and started eating.

****************************

Ten o'clock rolled around and everyone went to bed, even me. I'm very tired, especially after everything that happened with Deku and Bakugou. I still can't wrap my head around that, it was too weird.

Both their connections with me felt warm and loving...

Once I walked into my room, I closed the door behind me and headed for my bed. I unzipped Deku's hoodie and threw it on the end of my bed. I went over to my dresser and pulled out another tank, put it on, and got into bed.

I took my necklace off, placed it on my end table, and fell asleep. And for the first time in a long time, I didn't have a single nightmare.

It was dark and lonely at the start. I felt a sudden rush of warmth then and started to fall. Faster and faster I fell and finally landed on the ground. It was soft, warm, and squishy like sand. Slowly I opened my eyes and was blinded by sunlight, I was on the beach again.

I looked down at myself, my eyes went wide. I was once again in my red summer dress, and my butterfly necklace was on, I sat up quickly.

Uraraka!

I looked around and saw nothing, not even her. Just waves crashing against the sand under the blazing sun. I stood up and started to look for her, then. I walked along the beach while the waves washed over my feet and called out her name. I got no answer.

I picked up my pace and started to run. I ran along it for about five minutes, then I spotted her. She was sitting in the water, swimsuit and all. A soft wind blew her brown hair around her face as waves crashed over her and I ran faster.

"URARAKA!" I called out, she turned and her eyes went wide.

Instantly she jumped up from the ground and ran to meet me halfway.

"Where have you been, Ariella?! I was so worried!"

We stopped in front of each other and doubled over, breathing heavily. Slowly I lifted my head and was met with brown eyes, I smiled.

"Hey, Uraraka! I'm sorry, so much as happened out in the real world lately. It made it hard for me to focus on seeing you."

She hugged me, "It's okay, Ariella! You're here now, come walk with me to where I was just sitting."

I nodded as she let go and grabbed my hand. We took off down the beach again and came to her spot and sat down. She headed back into the water as I sat next to her pink summer dress.

"How are you even in a swimsuit? Was it under your summer dress?" I asked.

She turned, "Of course, you have yours on too. You just didn't notice, come and join me! The water is really nice!"

I looked down my dress, she was right. It was my red one, even my necklace was on and I didn't even sleep with it this time. I smiled, pulled my dress over my head, and went to join Uraraka.

I sat down while salty, warm, ocean water washed over me, I turned to her.

"You're right, it is nice!"

She laughed, "Told you. Now, tell me what the hell's been going on out there!"

"I don't know where you want me to start, it's a lot."

"I see. Well, have you had any more of your nightmares?"

I turned from her and looked out into the ocean, I sighed.

"Only one... I did call out to you during it, but nothing happened. I think I was just too scared..."

"What was it?"

I turned back, tears stinging my eyes. "It was about my Dad. He sexually assaulted me when I was thirteen, I never told you about it."

Her eyes went wide, "What?! I'm so sorry, Ariella! Why did you never tell me?"

Tears trickled down my cheeks, "I didn't want you to worry about me, just like I didn't want Syu too either."

She put her arm on my shoulder, "You still should have told us."

I wiped my eyes, "I know, Syu said the same thing."

She dropped her hand, "Did you at least tell someone?"

"I did... I told Bakugou. He was the first one I ever told, I couldn't go to my Mom or the police. I was terrified."

"You told Bakugou?! Why would you even! Why not Deku?" she snapped.

I jumped, "I couldn't do that to Deku, Uraraka! You know he was quirkless when he was a kid. There's no way he'd been able to protect me."

She calmed herself, "Oh, that's right... I totally forgot about that, is that why you told Bakugou then?"

I nodded, "Yes... he would have been able to protect me. I had to restrain him of course, I didn't want my Dad dead yet."

She giggled, "Ah, makes sense. He does have a short temper."

"Yeah, but it's better. You have to agree with that."

She smiled then, "True, he is better. Still an ass, but better."

I gave one back, "Yep, that was the only nightmare I've had. I don't think I'll have any more of him from now on."

Waves washed over and over us for at least another ten minutes. We got out then, sat down on the sand, and turned to each other.

"That's good. Ariella, did you ever tell Deku about what happened?"

"No... he overheard it."

Her eyes were wide again, "Overheard it?! How?"

I sighed, "After that nightmare, I woke up shouting out Bakugou's name. He did come running to me. I even hugged him... he put his hand on my head too."

Her mouth hung open, "What the hell?! Did he seriously do that?"

I nodded, "He did. Believe me, I was waiting for him to push me off, but he didn't."

"Woah, so how does Deku come into this?"

"Bakugou and I were talking about the nightmare and Deku overheard us. He heard me say I didn't tell him because he was quirkless."

"Ariella..."

"I'm sorry, Uraraka! I felt bad enough, he was so hurt and betrayed..."

I turned away from her. She sighed and hugged me tight, I returned it but still didn't look at her.

She let go, "Did you two get to talk about it, at least?"

I sighed and turned back, "Yeah, when we went to the convenient store for food for the dorms. I found out more stuff about my Dad from Deku too..."

"Meaning?"

"Do you remember how I was when we first started going here?"

She nodded, "Of course. You scared the hell out of us all, you felt like you were being watched."

"I was right too, I was being watched and by none other than my Dad himself."

"What? He's been watching you this whole time?"

"Yep, that's what Deku told me. It got so much worse when we started our third year."

"How did you know for sure that he was?"

"When Deku and I found my Dad's watch in a bush near the school. This all happened just today."

"Oh my god! Are you okay?"

"I am now, but I wasn't earlier. After Deku found it and showed me, I had a major PTSD episode, it was bad."

"What happened, Ariella?"

I brought my legs up from the sand, wrapped my arms around them, and rested my chin on my knees.

"I was overcome by so much rage, I was burning from the inside. My wings busted out from my back and my tears streamed blood-red down my cheeks. Deku saw the whole thing..."

"Was he worried or scared?"

"Both, Uraraka. But, then he was able to calm me down."

"What did he do?"

I gave her a look, "Are you sure you want me to tell you? I know how you reacted the last time I mentioned something he did."

She gave a small smile, "I'll be fine, really. Just tell me."

I sighed, "Well, he actually hasn't done it since we were kids. What he did was he held my hands and rested his forehead against mine."

"That sounds like something he'd do... When did he do that when you were kids?"

"After another day of my Dad's abuse. I was shaking and everything, just like what happened earlier today."

"Did your wings bust out then too?"

I nodded, "Yes, my tears were blood red as well."

"Wow, did anything else happen after that?"

"Bakugou and I got into a huge fight causing us to get kicked out of class today too."

"Jeez, Ariella! What did he even do?"

I lifted my chin from my knees and stretched my legs back down onto the sand.

"I made him promise me not to say anything about my assault when we were kids. He broke that promise today and we fought about it."

She hung her head, "Oi, you two always manage to get into some sort of an argument."

I rubbed my neck, "Yeah... I know. Todoroki tells me that I'm always the reason Bakugou and Deku get into arguments."

She laughed, "What? Oh my god, why would he say that?"

"That's just Todoroki for you."

"Ha, yeah I guess."

"Yeah..." and things started to get fuzzy.

Wait! No, don't make me leave!

"Hey Ariella, can you do something for me back in the real world?" she was starting to fade.

I reached my hand out, "Yeah, of course. What is it?"

"When you get a chance, go into my room. There's something I want you to find, it's for you."

Faster and faster she was fading, I kept reaching my hand out for her and got nothing but air.

"What even is it, Uraraka!"

She turned to me smiling, "You'll see!" and she was gone, I was enclosed in darkness.

I sat up, "Wait!" and I was back in my room.

I looked around my darkened room. Nothing but the low rumbling of fading thunder echoed in the background. I turned to the window, it wasn't raining anymore it was just windy. I turned to my end table and looked at the clock, 4:00 am it read.

I laid back down and sighed. What even is it that she wants me to find?

I turned to my side and got up out of bed. No way am I getting any sleep with that buzzing in my head. I grabbed Deku's hoodie from the end, put it on, and walked to the door.

I quietly opened it and stuck my head out, making sure nobody came running down the hall to check on me. Thank goodness no one did, and I headed out into the hall closing the door behind.

I tiptoed my way down to the end of it, Uraraka's room was right at the end. I came to her door and stood in front of it.

I haven't been in here since June...

I hesitated for a second then reach for the handle, my hand shaking. I opened it as quietly as I could and peaked in, my heart sank.

It was so empty only her dresser, bed and desk were left. Everything else was gone, vanished, as if she was never here in the first place.

I made my way into her room and closed the door shut. I pulled out my phone and turned on the flashlight light, blinding myself.

"Woah! Okay, bright."

I started to rummage around her room, I looked through her desk first and found nothing. I went over to her dresser and rummaged through it too, still nothing. After about ten minutes, I gave up.

"Damn it! I wish she would have said what it was!" I shouted out and sat on her bed.

A sudden thud hit the wood flooring under it. I looked down and shined my flashlight on it, my eyes went wide.

I quickly got off her bed and knelt down to the ground and reached for it. It was a journal with a small rectangular box with a bow, next to it. I army crawled my way under to them and pulled them out.

I sat up after and stared at them. What the hell? I didn't know she kept a journal...

I quickly got up from the floor and headed for the door and opened it. I poked my head out again to see if anyone heard me, no one did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73 3 8
โœฟโœฟ ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’˜๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’‚๐’Œ๐’†๐’...๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‰๐’‚๐’‘๐’‘๐’Š๐’†๐’”๐’• ๐’๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’๐’‡ ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’† โœฟโœฟ L/N Y/N is a proud student of UA Hi...
28.3K 552 8
Ochako Uraraka has been best friends with Izuku Midoriya since their first year at UA High School. She has also had a crush on him since then, but ha...
633 10 49
A new student joins the UA High School from a place where being someone with quirks isn't praised. Things become strange for this young teenager as s...
147K 5K 40
DekuBaku ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Midoriya Izuku is currently in his second year in UA High. He's the leader of the Big Three and is the most unbeatable secon...