Elysian Potter: The Forgotten...

By CapturedAngelNo19

What if Harry Potter had a twin sister? What if his parents had survived? What if she was forgotten? What if... More

An Introduction
Chapter One: Diagon Alley
Chapter Two: The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters.
Chapter Three: The Sorting Hat.
Chapter Four: The Potions Master.
Chapter Five: Midnight Duel.
Chapter Six: Hallowe'en
Chapter Seven: Quidditch
Chapter Eight: The Mirror of Erised.
Chapter Nine: The Worst Birthday.
Chapter Ten: Dobby's Warning
Chapter Eleven: At Flourish and Blotts
Chapter Twelve: Poor Whomping Willow.
Chapter Thirteen: Gilderoy Lockhart
Chapter Fourteen: Mudbloods and Murmurs
Chapter Fifteen: The Death Day Party
Chapter Sixteen: The Writing on the Wall and Rogue Bludgers
Chapter Seventeen: Duelling and Polyjuice
Chapter Eighteen: The Chamber of Secrets.
Chapter Nineteen: A Message for Love.
Chapter Twenty: The Knight Bus.
Chapter Twenty-One: The Leaky Cauldron
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Dementor
Chapter Twenty-Three: Talons and Tea Leaves
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Boggart in the Wardrobe.
Chapter Twenty-Five: Black and Red
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Marauder's Map
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Patronus of a Queen.
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Great Escape
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Of Snakes and Lions.
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A New Home
Chapter Thirty: Ball at Malfoy Manor
Chapter Thirty-One: The Quidditch World Cup
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Dark Mark
Chapter Thirty-Three: Aboard the Hogwarts Express
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Tri-Wizard Tournament
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Unforgivable Curses
Chapter Thirty-Six: Beauxbatons and Durmstrang and The Goblet of Fire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Confrontation
Chapter Thirty-Eight: A Champion from the Goblet
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Almost Five
Chapter Forty: Find out the First Task
Chapter Forty-One: First Task
Chapter Forty-Two: The Yule Ball
Chapter Forty-Three: The Second Task.
Chapter Forty-Four: The Third Task.
Chapter Forty-Five: Flesh, Blood, Bone and Love
Chapter Forty-Six: The Bond Between Mother and Sons
Chapter Forty-Seven: Reunion.
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Parting of Ways.
Chapter Forty-Nine: The Aftermath
Chapter Fifty: Getting Set Up
Chapter Fifty-One: Welcome to Twelve, Grimmauld Place.
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Noble and Most Ancient Houses of Potter and Black.
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Pink Ballroom Gown.
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Hearing of Harry Potter
Chapter Fifty-Five: Return to the Castle
Chapter Fifty-Six: The Sorting Hats new Song
Chapter Fifty-Eight: DA.
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Challenging the Queen
Going on Hold
Chapter Sixty: Detention With Umbridge.
Sixty-One: The Hogwarts High Inquisitor
Chapter Sixty-Two: The DA and an Educational Decree

Chapter Fifty-Seven: Professor Umbridge.

8.4K 254 48
By CapturedAngelNo19

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Eilish– Castle, Hasley – The Devil Within, Digital Daggers – Don't Make Me, MALINDA – Doll House, Melanie Martinez – Prom Queen, Molly Kate Kestner – Everybody's Fool, Evanescence – Control, Hasley.

Empire by Beth Crowley

Chapter Fifty-Seven: Professor Umbridge.

Professor Snape was rather relieved when he discovered a potion that could do exactly what Daphne had asked for. It was actually rather simple to make, though it couldn't be done in bulk and it had a limited shelf-life. He had been quick to distribute it to everyone in Slytherin before Elysian had woken.

When Elysian got up that morning, she expected to be slapped in the face with the emotions of all those around her and was shocked when there was no such thing. Daphne, Tracy and Pansy had been in her room that morning to make sure she was alright and she had felt nothing from them.

"What did you do?"

"Pardon?"

"I'm not feeling your emotions, any of yours. What did you do? And how do I thank you for saving my last shred of sanity?"

"Professor Snape found a potion that could dampen our emotions until you've got shields," explained Daphne. "Everyone in Slytherin took it – even the younger ones – so you shouldn't feel us at all."

Elysian grinned, pulling all three girls into a tight hug before getting ready. Like usual, Pansy did Elysian's hair, Daphne picked out her best robes – it was best to make a good impression with new teachers, even if she had already met Umbridge – and Tracy did her make-up. All the while, the quartet gossiped about different boys and classes and, especially, Umbridge.

"I mean, who wears that much pink!" scoffed Pansy. "I know I love pink but it's dark! And fashionable! She looks like a pigmy puff."

"Agreed."

"Why do we have to cuddle up to her, anyway?" asked Tracy.

"Because she's part of the Ministry and she's ruthless enough to make our lives miserable. Luckily, she's a Blood Purist and a Slytherin Alumni, which means she should be more receiving of our ideas."

Once they all agreed on outfits and had finished their gossip session, the girls exited Elysian's room and headed down where the boys were waiting to take them to Lunch.

Draco was rather proud of how well the first-years were listening as he explained things to them. Each first-year had a map which was basically a copy of the Marauder's Map without the magic that went into it. Elysian had made them over the holiday and had sent them to Draco the moment he had confirmed that he was a Prefect.

"Good morning, ladies," said Draco, grinning.

"Morning Draco," the girls greeted.

The first-years were quick to flock to Pansy as she began explaining something else, letting Draco flop down in a chair for a second. Elysian giggled at his antics and patted his head with a soft smile.

"Breakfast is in a few minutes," said Daphne, "we should probably get moving."

"Agreed."

"Have you heard what's being said about Potter?" said Pansy, leading a gaggle of first-years behind her. "They're calling him a lunatic for saying things about The Dark Lord being back."

"It was to be expected," said Elysian. "Without proof, no one wants to believe such things. Slytherins just need to keep their heads down and make sure no one mentions our Lord."

"Yes ma'am."

~EP~

Elysian had managed to survive most of the morning with only a mild headache that was dulling with every second. Daphne had made sure to keep a supply of headache potions on hand and happily handed one to Elysian when it was requested. It also helped that Draco and Blaise had made sure that they remained as far away from those who hadn't taken the potion as physically possible. The only problem was potions.

With everyone confined in such a small room and so much hate for Professor Snape in the air – form Ronald alone – Elysian was almost willing to overdose if it meant she could stop it.

Suck it up Elysian, she hissed at herself, if you can't handle a headache then you definitely can't handle what's to come.

"Settle down," said Snape coolly, shutting the door behind him.

There was no real need for the call to order; the moment the class had heard the door close, quiet had fallen and all fidgeting stopped. Snape's mere presence was usually enough to ensure the class' silence.

"Before we begin today's lesson," said Snape, sweeping over to his desk and staring around at them all, "I think it appropriate to remind you that next June you will be sitting an important examination, during which you will prove how much you have learned about the composition and use of magical potions. Moronic though some of this class undoubtedly are, I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my ... displeasure."

His gaze lingered this time on Ronald, who gulped.

Elysian knew she was probably going to have to begin study sessions within the common room throughout the year. She was already planning on asking Snape if she'd be allowed access to the potions classroom – with supervision of course – for those, like Crabbe and Goyle, who were struggling. She'd have to wait until DADA until she decided if a study period for that was needed – Elysian had a bad feeling that it would be, though.

"After this year, of course, many of you will cease studying with me," Snape went on. "I only take the very best into my N.E.W.T. potions class, which means that some of us will certainly be saying goodbye."

Snape's eyes turned to Harry.

Feeling the beginning of another headache, Elysian felt Daphne press a potion into her hand. She swallowed it quickly, ignoring the inquisitive gaze from the ignorant few, and returned her focus to the class. She was determined to cope with her new abilities.

"But we have another year to go before that happy moment of farewell," said Snape softly, "so, whether or not you are intending to attempt N.E.W.T., I advise all of you to concentrate your efforts upon maintaining the high pass level I have come to expect from my O.W.L. students.

"Today we will be mixing a potion that often comes up at Ordinary Wizarding Level: the Draught of Peace, a potion to calm anxiety and sooth agitation. Be warned: if you are too heavy-handed with the ingredients you will put the drinker into a heavy and sometimes irreversible sleep, so you will need to pay close attention to what you are doing." Pansy blushed as Elysian and Daphne sent her a pointed look. "The ingredients and method –" Snape flicked his wand "-are on the blackboard, you will find what you need in the store cupboard, you have an hour and a half ... start."

Elysian sprang from her chair and entered the store cupboard, gathering the exact amount of ingredients the recipe called for, before returning to her seat. She had most potions memorised so it was rather easy for Elysian to keep her eyes focused on her potion while everyone else kept glancing up and down.

"Elysian," whispered Greg to her left, "what do I do now?"

Looking at his potion, Elysian motioned towards the hellebore on his stand. Gently, Greg picked it up and placed it into his potion, grinning when it turned the right colour.

Snape came sweeping towards them and glanced at the potions. He knew that Elysian had helped Greg but didn't comment on it as he noticed that Greg had only asked for help once; an improvement to say the least.

"Twenty points to Slytherin for a perfect potion, Miss Potter," said Snape calmly before he turned to walk away.

When the class ended, Elysian remained behind and stood in front of professor Snape's desk.

"Sir, I was wondering if myself and a few others would be allowed access to the spare potions classroom during our free periods and before curfew? For a study club of sorts... it would be for those in Slytherin and those outside of our house who are ... less ignorant on subjects, to make sure we pass."

Snape immediately got her meaning. He nodded, keeping his face schooled into its normal sour expression and signed off on her idea, letting her know that he would be entering the classroom at random points whilst they were there to make sure nothing was amiss.

"Thank you, sir."

~EP~

Elysian noticed that Harry was staring at her from across the room with a look of sorrow. Someone had reminded him of their parents and he was practically oozing depression from every pour. Not to mention all those who called him insane just like the Prophet had done.

"Potter ain't doing to good," said Peeves, floating towards her table in the library. "Potty Potter, they call him."

"Keep an eye on him for me Peeves," requested Elysian with a smile, "Umbridge is going to make his life hell and I need to make sure that the Dark Lord's plans remain running smoothly."

She knew no one but her supporters were around so she didn't feel worried about speaking of Tom. She was far more concerned with making sure everything Tom wanted to be done was done. Tom planned for the prophesy to be retrieved – by Potter – a week before Hogwarts ended, when he would reveal himself to the world with the very same glamour he had used when he had first been resurrected.

This meant that Elysian would be going to the Hall of prophesies three weeks before then. She had so much to prepare for and she needed to keep her mind in perfect condition, which meant building shields for her Veela side.

But first, Defence Against the Dark Arts.

~EP~

When Elysian and her group entered the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom they found Professor Umbridge already seated at the teacher's desk, wearing the fluffy pink cardigan of the night before and the black velvet bow on top of her head.

The class was quiet as it entered the room; Professor Umbridge was, as yet, an unknown quality and nobody knew how strict a disciplinarian she was likely to be.

Elysian took her usual seat at the front of the class, noting how Umbridge's eyes were focused on Harry. Draco, as usual, took the seat to her left and Blaise took the seat to her right, both were attempting not to look digested at the horrible colour they were going to be forced to look at for the entire class.

"Well, good afternoon!" she said, when finally the whole class had sat down.

A few people mumbled 'good afternoon' in reply.

"Tut, tut," said Professor Umbridge. "That won't do, now, will it? I should like you, please, to reply 'Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge'. One more time, please. Good Afternoon, class!"

Elysian quickly realised what was happening in the class. Professor Umbridge was forcing the class to remain unprepared for what was coming, setting the Ministry up to be completely incompetent when Tom finally revealed himself. It was ingenious!

The class ended with Harry getting a detention and being sent out of the class because of a disruption. Elysian almost felt sorry for Harry but it was his own fault.

"Miss Potter," Umbridge called, her voice full of toxic sweetness, "please remain behind, dear."

Internally, Elysian shuddered at being called dear but did as she was told and walked towards the desk Umbridge was sitting at. Umbridge waited until everyone was gone before she spoke, a rotten smile on her face.

"Miss Potter, I understand that your brother is under the influence of the Headmaster but I would ask that you ... control him."

"I'm so sorry, Professor Umbridge," said Elysian, pretending to be distressed, "I swear he had stopped believing all of this before –"

"Before?" Umbridge prodded.

"—Before the Headmaster arrived at my house, the day before we went to Kingscross... he and Harry were speaking in the sitting-room and I swear I heard a spell being cast but I-I didn't really listen..."

Umbridge was practically salivating at the news that Dumbledore may have cursed Harry in some way.

"Are you saying that the Headmaster may have influenced Mr Potter?"

"Yes, Professor."

"I shall keep that in mind when I deal with him in detentions," said Umbridge.

The lie was clear and Elysian knew she was still going to be harsh on Harry but the seeds were set.

Umbridge dismissed her and Elysian was quick to return to her common room. Setting Dumbledore up to fall was so much easier than it should have been.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.5K 46
What if James Potter had a sister, who had been fighting for her nephew and her beloved fiancé since the night her brother was stolen from her? This...
887 36 13
What if Harry Potter had a twin named Jasmine Lily Potter and instead of him, it was Jasmine who was the Girl-who-Lived? What if James and Lily didn'...
9.4K 224 12
Everyone knows about Harry James Potter, the Boy who Lived. But what if he had a sister, who no one even bothers to mention, just because she doesn't...
2.7K 56 14
Harry James Potter, The Boy Who Lived. He grew up as an ordinary boy, living with his aunt and uncle, until one day, he found out the truth. He was a...