Loving Mr. CEO

By Emelradine

THE CHESTERFIELD SERIES #2 (THE CON ARTIST & THE CEO) After being left at the altar, shattered and heart bro... More

LOVING MR. CEO
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
Epilogue
MARRYING MR. CEO
(BOOK THREE) NOW LIVE!!!
SOCIAL MEDIA (PART ONE)

22

7.7K 577 179
By Emelradine

Mabel

 My heart jammed against my chest, his expectant gaze on me. I gulped down, slowly getting to my feet, rubbing my sweaty palm against my jean, Melissa getting up behind me. I knew she was also scared of his reaction to all this.

Never in a million years did I ever think he'd find out this way, I thought I'd have prepared myself, probably tell him when he was in a good mood, but looking at him, he wasn't in a good mood.

Did something go wrong at the dinner? Or did his mood suddenly drop to a bad one after he overheard my conversation with Melissa?

"Is someone gonna answer me or?" He asked, his voice laced with confusion and anger.

I let out a shaky breath, taking a step closer to him, he watched me but didn't move.

When I was close enough, I placed my hand against his chest feeling his raging heartbeat on my palm... Oh, he was mad, very madBut he kept calm.

That's Cade, when he's too calm, just know that you've actually struck a nerve. I've never really known him to be the kind of person who yelled when angry, no... He would just remain calm, killing you softly with the intense look in his eyes.

I summoned the courage to speak. "Can we take this home? I don't want us to fight in front of Melissa, it'd stress her out."

He pinned me with his gaze before his eyes swept towards Melissa.

Without another word, he turned and walked away from me, out of the house.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I turned towards Melissa, plastering a smile on my face.

"I'm so worried." She said. "He's really angry."

"I know... I'll handle it."

She nodded. "Make him understand."

"I'll try." I said.

She pulled me into a warm hug. "Everything will be fine."

I nodded, knowing better that it wouldn't.

___

The ride home was quiet, a heavy tense silence hanging in the air, his hands gripping his steering wheel, knuckles going a pale white, he didn't drive fast, just the normal pace.

My heart was racing, scared out of my mind, knowing he'd never be able to forgive me for this, this wasn't acceptable in any way.

He loved children, and there's no way he wouldn't be disgusted by me with what I did, there's no way things could go back to the way they were.

I should have told him, I shouldn't have hidden this part of my past from him, since it concerned him. I should have just let it out the moment I told him about everything else. Maybe then, we wouldn't have gotten this far, maybe then I would have avoided the hurt I was about to put him through again.

When we arrived home, he didn't say a word to me until we were back inside the house.

I closed the door, bracing myself for this conversation.

Turning, I found him staring at me. "Okay, Mabel... We're home." He said.

I let out a shaky breath. "How much did you hear?"

"Enough." He said, dropping his car keys on the couch beside him.

My eyes casted down. "I was pregnant before I left. I found out two days before the wedding."

"Why didn't you tell me." His tone was straight, not giving anything away.

I dropped my purse on the table. "Cade- I didn't-" I stopped, not knowing exactly what to say. "I didn't know if I would stay, I wasn't sure if, if the marriage was going to go on." I said.

I gulped down. "And just like I predicted, it didn't. I left and- and I didn't know what to do, I couldn't exactly call you after ditching you at the altar, telling you that I was pregnant. It was- I didn't know what to do. I couldn't raise a child on my own."

"So what did you do?" He asked, his tone still not giving anything away.

I looked up at him, his eyes were burning with intense anger, his hands tucked inside his pockets, jaw clenching and unclenching.

"I got rid of it." I said. Feeling my heart squeeze as those words left my mouth.

My eyes welled up in tears, slipping uncontrollably down my cheeks.

"Everyday, for weeks, you had this secret bottled up, and you look me in the eye every fucking day Mabel, telling me that you love me... Yet... Yet... You keep this from me?"

"I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?" He asked immediately, disdain coating his tone.

"I didn't know what else to do-"

"So you kill an unborn child!" He yelled, shocking me. "You kill your first child, can you listen to yourself?" He asked. "Do you know how fucking stupid you sound?"

"Cade-"

"Shut up!" He yelled. Taking his hand out of his pocket, rubbing his eyes while shutting them, almost as if he was praying for control. "Just shut up Mabel." He said quietly this time.

"Let me explain." I said.

"Explain what?" He asked, his hand leaving his eyes, which were now red with anger, and frustration. "What could you possibly say to cover up for killing your own child? Our Child Mabel."

"I didn't want to do it. I swear I didn't."

"So why did you?"

"I didn't know what else to do-"

"Stop saying that! There are tons of options Mabel, tons!" He said. "How could you even possibly think of doing such a thing?"

A sob escaped my lips. "I was confused-"

"You could have reached out to me. If you didn't want the baby, I did, and if you had told me you didn't want to be with me, I would have understood, and the baby would still be alive and well, you didn't have to do it, but your pride, your stupid pride made you terminate the pregnancy."

"It's not that!"

"Then what else is it? What stopped you for reaching for a damn phone and giving me a call! It was my child too, you had no right to make that decision on your own. No fucking right Mabel."

"Fine... I made a mistake I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for, we all make mistakes."

"How many mistakes do you have to make before you realize what they're trying to teach you?"

I didn't know what else to say, we just stood there, letting the silence take over.

"I don't even know what to say to you right now... I want to say that I didn't expect this from you, but that would be a blatant lie. This is something you're capable of, and I can just at this point expect anything from you."

My heart gave a painful tug at his words.

He said, grabbing his car keys from the couch. "I'll never forgive you for this Mabel." He said and without another word, moved to the direction of the door.

I turned immediately. "Where are you going?" I asked, fear engulfing me.

He stopped, his hand pausing on the door handle.

A second passed without a response, then two... He pulled the door open, walking out the door without a response.

The door slammed shut behind him.

Tears pulled down my eyes, confusion settling down in the pit of my stomach.

He hates me... No doubt there.

Why did I even think for one minute that someone has horrible as me could deserve someone like him? After everything I've done.

You and happiness in the same sentence can never work...

What the hell am I even doing?

I shouldn't even be here.

I should be with him... Not here.

Quickly, I reached for my purse, pulling out my phone, and dialing the number.

He picked up on the second ring.

"Mi joya?"

"Cole, where are you?"

___

Vote and Comment:-)

What do you think of this chapter?

Mabel is doing it again... I could just- *breaths* Do you think she's going to leave?

Where do you think Cade went?

Do you think he hates her?

Till the next update, bye beauties...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

933K 23.9K 61
Season 1 of Marrying Mr. CEO They had the perfect life. Highschool sweethearts, college couple and finally, married couple. But what happens when it...
3.4M 148K 67
THE CHESTERFIELD SERIES #1 (THE MODEL & THE CEO) Pretending to the whole world that she is in the happiest relationship with the CEO of a very popul...
144K 4K 57
(Editing) Warning: this book contains many strong women who won't take shit from any man. Some viewers may be upset by that.... :( *** After Grayson...
78.1K 2.2K 43
*Book 1 of CEO series* "Am I a villain?" Mr. Martinez probed, pinning me with his intense gaze. "Yes!" He chuckled and instantly he took two large s...