| Fire |» Jace Wayland

Af Angel_Winchester_03

When a troubled stubborn girl meets a blonde boy and discoveres a hidden world she will have to do what she's... Mere

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1: Seeing Things
Chapter 2: Birthday Girl
Chapter 3: Demon Club
Chapter 4: The codex
Chapter 5: The mortal cup
chapter 6: Pep talks and lessons
chapter 7: First mission
Aesthetics + New Charecters
another new (ish) oc
Chapter 9: Church the cat
Chapter 10: Cemetery shenanigans
Chapter 11: Flying motorbikes

Chapter 8: Freaky creep Brothers

775 18 156
Af Angel_Winchester_03

"Yeah, this place isn't creepy. Not at all." Simon spoke looking around the silent city.

Kristina cackled despite a chill running down her spine. They were standing by a fire, the orange light casting an eery glow on the surroundings. More fires could be seen spotted around the pullers of the bridge, which looked to be decades of years old as vines twisted around it.

"Don't tell me you're afraid." Izzy chuckled

Simon Scoffed

"Are you kidding me? I was born afraid... which sounded a lot better in my head."

Kristina laughed at Simon's awkward behaviour unable to stop herself.

"Let's check it out." Alec's voice came from the front of the group, his head bopping in the direction of the entrance.

"Wait here a minute. I wanna see if it's safe." Jace said turning to face Clary and Kristina, who nodded hesitantly in response.

Kristina's eyes followed the group of shadowhunters as they walked further away. She decided against listening in on them, being respectful to the people that saved her and her best friend.

"I just wish my mom had trusted me enough to tell me about all this." Clary spoke her feelings with a heavy sigh.

While Kristina smiled lightly at the girl, Simon was staring weirdly.

"What is it? What's wrong?"

Looking back to the shadowhunters, Kristina could not miss the glare Alec gave her. With a roll of her eyes, she turned back to Clary. She had been noticing the constant glares and death stares Alec had been giving her. Earlier in the van, he was glaring through the whole car ride. And no matter how caught up by Jace's body warmth and cole proximity Kristina was, she felt the harsh looks.

"How are you not ultra freaked out by all of this?" Simon questioned, side-eyeing Kristina to let her know that the question applied to her too.

"I guess I just always felt like there was something missing. Some void I couldn't quite explain. Things are finally starting to make sense. But none of it's gonna matter unless I get my mom back." Clary explained, the small smile that was stuck on her face faded.

"Then we have work to do" Kristina cut Simon off with a smirk

"Come on, it's all clear. Let's go." Jace's voice drew their attention back to the group, who were now all looking at them expectantly.

Kristina didn't waste another second, following Jace to the rest of the group, who were posted outside the entrance to the silent city.

"You have to understand, the Silent Brothers aren't like us." He spoke, knowing that Kristina already knew what he was saying, and giving her a quick smirk to show it.

"They lack your charm and superior people skills?" Clary asked sarcastically making Kristina snort, and quickly cover her mouth to stop herself from laughing. Clary was right, Shadowhunters were in fact really charming and did act superior which made the comment even more humours.

"Yeah, most people do." Jace answered taking a small pause to give Kristina an amused look "Brothers communicate without using words, using just their thoughts."

With that being said, a shiver ran down Kristina's body. She didn't like the idea of someone entering her mind just to communicate to her, using their thoughts no less.

"That doesn't sound so bad."

"Don't let their silence fool you. They'll hold the Soul-Sword to your head, and with its blade, carve the truth from your mind. If you're not strong enough, you will die."

Kristina's eyes widened a fraction before going back to normal.

"Sounds like a lot of fun" She spoke matter-of-factly not showing how creeped out she was by that.

"I take it back. That sounds level ten bad." Clary added after giving Kristina a half-amused, half-wild look.

"you should know, the pain will be excruciating. You don't have to..." Jace started to speak but Clary cut him off desperately

"I'll do anything. Walkthrough fire, battle demons, whatever it takes. I have to get my mom back. I can't... I won't lose her." She stated, both Jace and Kristina giving her a look and admiration.

"You won't."

"We won't." Kristina added to Jace's statement before turning to an expecting Jace.

"You already know that I want my memories, plus anything can help us right now"

It was true, Kristina wanted her memories back badly, the blanks in her childhood to fill. She wanted to remember more of her father and know everything that her mom had taken from her.

Jace gave the girl an understanding nod and they walked ahead to the group as Simon and Clary talked quietly together.

"All right, hold up." Alec stopped Simon from walking into the silent city and certain doom.

"Surprise, surprise. No mundanes allowed, just like in the training room, right? Wrong! I've seen every horror movie ever made and the funny best friend who gets left behind... dead man." Simon exclaimed, leaving Kristina chuckling silently

"You're not that funny. But by all means, go ahead. Of course, the minute you enter, you'll die." (Damn alec you don't have to burn him like that 🙃)

"Problem is, now I don't trust you."

"He's not lying." Kristina backed him up with a small laugh

"Now. He was before." Izzy added, looking just as amused as Kristina.

"The rune energy in the City of Bones will kill any mundane who dares to enter, so, please... " Alec motioned with his hands to the entrance, daring Simon to go in.

"The Brothers creep me out. I'll mind the mundane." Izzy stated, moving closer to Simon, earning a sly smile from Kristina.

"Your sacrifice is noted, Izzy." Adam spoke with a serious expression.

"Talk about sacrifice. I'm missing a financial analysis class."

"No offence Simon but your financial analysis class is the least of our worries right now" Kristina informed the mundane, who looked offended for a second before shrugging in agreement.

"I can't be here anymore, so, Jace, I'm gonna mind the perimeter." Alec addressed Jace, ignoring the rest as he started walking off.

Sighing Kristina moved with Jace to enter the Silent City, waiting on Clary and Adam to join them.

"You okay?" Jace asked again, seeing as last time her answer got cut off.

Kristina smiled lightly turning to Jace fully.

"It might sound weird but im actually excited, I mean not to have some freaky creep brothers search my brain, it's my first mission" Kristina replied, getting off-topic for a second. Jace smirked at the girl, admiring her liking for action, and amused by her comment on the Silent brothers.

"It's not weird"

Adam finally joined the pair, looking at Simon with an annoyed glare.

"Clary, you don't keep the Silent Brothers waiting." He exclaimed catching Clary's attention, and watched her jog in a hurry after saying a quick "see you" to Simon.

>>>

The silent city was so much creepier on the inside, the eery tone of the place made Kristina's insides twist in uneasiness. The walls were carved out of stone, smooth yet uneven, sound bounced off of them and echoed all around the "city". Which-light barley light the place, casting a faint white-blue glow around, illuminating the surroundings just enough that the group could see a couple of inches in front of them. A more harsh light could be seen further down the hallway.

Adam and Jace both pulled out their which-lights, bright light booming from them and lighting the way for the rest of them. Kristina turned to see Adam and Clary standing merely centimetres apart, looking at each other and ignoring everything else. Jace seemed to notice too because he smirked at Kristina knowingly, as the girl returned that smirk.

"What's that?" Clary questioned in interest

"It's witch light. We carry it to remind us that light can be found in even the darkest of places." Adam replied, the words sounding very motivating and inspirational to both the girls.

"And it's cooler than a flashlight." Jace added

"so much cooler" Kristina stated, she loved all the shadowhunter gear she had seen so far and she wasn't hesitant to show that.

The group came across a statue of what looked like an angel to Kristina, she furrowed her eyes, looking closer at the statue. In the which-light, it looked almost like it was shining. Its wings were elegantly placed behind it, as if it was ready to take off into the sky any second. The armour around its body reminded Kristina of the pictures she had seen of Romans in history, although this looked more luxurious than roman armour. In its hands were a sword and a classy cup. Adding everything up, Kristina guessed who this was.

Angel Raziel

"Is that meant to be the Mortal Cup?" Clary questioned, her attention caught by it.

"Yeah." Adam and Jace confirmed in sinc

Clary's attention was re-directed to the sign on the statue. Kristina followed her line of sight and spotted it, the writing was definitely Latin, she recognised it from her books.

"What's that say?"

"It's the Shadowhunter creed. "Looking better in black than the widows of our enemies."" Jace answered Clary's question, lying to the girl with amusement, making a smirk grow on Kristina's face.

"My Latin's pretty rusty, but I'm almost positive that's not what that says."

Kristina squinted at the sign, trying to make out the words and translate them in her head

"For Shadowhunters, the descent into hell is easy." She quoted, surprising everyone. Although Jace and Clary being less surprised by the fact that Kristina knew Latin.

"That should be a postcard." Clary mumbled earning a chuckle from Kristina and a scoff from the boys.

"Wait, Kristina, you know Latin?" Adam questioned, still looking surprised by the girls actions.

"Yeah I was a lonely kid so I read a lot, I learnt Latin and Morse code mostly through my books." She replied, stunning Adam. Kristina noticed a goofy grin on Jace's face, to which Adam scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"I told learning morse would come in handy," He told Adam, who seemed about done with Jace

"Yeah whatever, It's this way."

They stalked further into the halls, the further they went the brighter the surroundings got, Making the Walls look shinier.

Clary seemed to be in her head, thinking about something, which Kristina let her do as she walked slightly ahead of her and Adam

"I'm sorry... about what I said before about your mom. I didn't know." Clary apologised to the Wayland twins remembering her words, which got her a scolding from Kristina.

"It's cute. You assume we have feelings (bruh that's so edgy lmao). We don't. Save the apologies for the mundanes. Everyone has a sad song. Our mother died when we were a baby. Our father died when we were ten."

Kristina's eyes widened, her hand itching to reach out and comfort Jace and Adam. Her heart ached at the thought of her father, she caught Clary's saddened side glance at her, making her feel better, but the hollowness in her chest resided.

"I'm so sorry." She said dismissing Jace telling her not to apologise.

"Thank you" Adam replied, giving Clary a tight smile, unlike Jace, Adam admitted to himself that her words felt good.

"Wait, is he... is he buried here?" Clary asked, suddenly remembering that the silent city is also a graveyard for shadowhunters.

"No. Circle members are considered traitors. They forfeit their right to be buried here." Adam's words stung Kristina. She remembered her father to be a kind and wise man, he would have deserved to be buried here, nut because he joined the circle there was no chance, not that it mattered now. She wished she could go to her fathers grave, talk to him, be closer, but there was no chance, especially now.

"Your dad was in the Circle, too?"

"My father tried to do the right thing and leave the Circle and it cost him his life. That's why you're doing all this, why you're helping me. Valentine and his people need to pay. I'm gonna make them pay." Jace spoke a look of anger and determination glinting in his eyes.

"Im with you on that" Kristina stated, feeling the hollowness in her chest slowly change into anger. Anger at her mother from hiding this world from her, for stealing her childhood and ruining her. Angry at the world for the fact that her father will be remembered as the circle member, the traitor, not the man who he really was. Anger at Valentine for corrupting her parents, killing Jace's and Adam's parents and taking Jocelyn from Clary. That anger started to turn to rage as it flowed through her, scratching at her veins like glass, burning with a passionate fire. Now Kristina wanted to murder, and not nicely. Her hands formed into fists as she tried to calm her rage, her nails dug into her palms stinting her skin.

Jace saw that rage in her eyes, being grateful for joining him in his plans, but concerned as he saw her jaw clenching and fists tightening. His hand found hers, unlocking her fist, and squeezing it tightly, he placed his wich-light into her hand, the cool Adamas surprising the girl with a chill. It felt like she was holding a weapon, something dangerous yet so beautiful to her. The cold feeling of the Which-light, mixed with the scene of protection eased her anger slightly, helping her reign it. Jace's hand remained on top of the which-light, his fingers grazing Kristina's skin, spreading warmth around it. Kristina took his hand in hers more comfortably, looking into his eyes and tapping his skin with her finger.

"- .... .- -. -.- / -.-- --- ..-" (Thank you) She prayed that he understood her, and he did. He smiled at her and nodded, letting her know that he knew what she said, that he was there with her, there for her.

Squeezing her hand one last time, he let it go, leaving the which-light glowing in it.

The pair turned back to Clary and Adam, who were talking together, oblivious to what just happened. And Kristina was happy, the moment seemed somehow private to her. They walked into an Open space, a circle with what Kristina recognised as a clairvoyance rune in the centre. Looking around more, Kristina's gut flipped as she spotted the bones on the walls, the scene making her feel creeped out and uneasy. Why would they show the bones like that, it seems like an invasion into someone's privacy.

"I've drawn this before. But I don't know what it means." Clary said, speaking of the rune.

"It means "clairvoyance." Adam clarified

Shadowhunters

Kristina cringed at the unfamiliar voice inside her head, the silent brothers, they communicated using their thoughts.

Come into the circle, Clarrisa Fairchild.

Clary hesitantly stepped forward, Adam and Kristina sticking by her

Step away, Adam, Kristina.

Kristina rolled her eyes, hoping that the brothers knew she did.

"we'll be right here." Kristina reassured Clary, patting her affectionately on the shoulder before joining Jace.

The search of your unconscious... is a perilous one.

Somehow their voices and accents could still be heard, allowing Kristina and the rest to distinguish different brothers.

"Please... my memories were blocked. I have to get them back." Clary pleaded the brothers, preparing herself for what's to come

If you are not strong enough... the Soul-Sword will kill you.

well that's reassuring isn't it Kristina thought to herself, luckily going ignored by the silent brothers

"You're more powerful than you know pumpkin. Clary freakin' Fray, you can do anything." Kristina reminded her, smiling confidently at her best friend.

"Remember you were born to do this. You're one of us. You're a Shadowhunter." Adam added, watching as Clary straightened her posture, and took a more stable stance.

"I'm ready."

The Soul-Sword reveals all.

The soul sword lowered only stopping when the tip rested on Clary's forehead, earning a loud gasp from the girl, her eyes now tightly shut. her eyes moving behind the eyelids as if she was looking around.

A minute or so passed, Kristina wasn't counting, she just anxiously watched Clary's unmoving frame as the silent brothers worked their magic. Suddenly the sword moved, releasing Clary as she gasped awake.

"Wait... Wait, what are they doing? W- we aren't done. We can't be done." She ushered withough catching her breath, looking at the rest of the shadowhunters wildly.

"Clary, do you know where the Cup is?" Jace questioned, his eyebrows furrowing in concern for the petite girl.

"No."

Only fragments of her memory were accessible to us.

Kristina almost jumped, hearing the voice again

"It can't be true... what I saw."

Your memory does not lie. You must accept what has been revealed.

"I can't... I can't." Clary let out a quiet sob, turning on her heel and rushing out of the room.

As Clary run out of the room, her soft sobs could be heard echoing if the walls. Kristina moved to go after her but a hand stopped her, grabbing her wrist tightly.

Jace, he was holding onto Kristina, waiting for her to insult him in some way for stopping her.

"Jace let go, I need to be there for Clary" when she noticed that Jace didn't move, she breathed out in frustration, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion "let me fucking go"

Kristina moved her writs in his hand, trying to get free, however his hand just moved down into hers, stopping her actions.

"Clary has Simon up there, and Adam just run off after her. You still have your memories to recover." Jace reminded her.

Kristina shook her head lightly at him, her mind still fixed on Clary.

"I can do that later...."

Jace squeezed her hand, stopping her mid-sentence, making her look up into his eyes, her breath catching in her throat as the different colours danced together in the pools of blue and gold.

"do this for yourself, Clary will be fine, I promise you. You need to think of yourself too, put yourself firs" he spoke softly, their surroundings being forgotten as they looked into each other's eyes, their hands still touching lightly.

A heat bubbled in Kristina's chest, the way Jace spoke to her, about her, it made her happy. Greatfull. She got lost in her friends so much she forgot about herself, and someone finally reminded her of that. That she came first.

"you always put others before you" she stated, barely realising she said that out loud. Watching Jace's face for emotions she could read, shock, admiration.

Kristina Skyguard.

The chilling voice of the silent brother broke their little world, bringing their attention back to them.

"yes, I'm ready" she answered, turning to the brothers after giving Jace a thankful smile.

Kristina stepped into the circle, looking at Jace confidently, taking a sigh she looked up at the sword floating above her head, lowering slowly.

The Soul-Sword reveals all.

The sword touched her, sending her into her past.

>>>

"Jocelyn!" Annabeth stood her ground in front of Jocelyn, who was holding both her daughter and Kristina by the hand.

"Listen! you want to blend in right? Then let me do this, its safer for them both not to know"

Kristina turned to look at her friend, who also looked distressed.

"She's a shadowhunter not a mundane!"

Jocelyn sighed in annoyance

"Yes she will always be a shadowhunter, but if you want to blend in here you need to look and act mundane, that can't happen if your daughter is seeing the downworld that no-one else is"

Annabeth scoffed and stepped out of her way with a roll of the eye, deciding that she could still raise Kristina as a shadowhunter without the girl knowing.

"Fine, but this is your responsibility"

>>>

Dean Skyguard spun Kristina around in his arms, his heart featuring at her small laughs of excitement

"I want to be a good shadowhunter" the girl stated when her father put her down

"You will be bunny, you are a very special shadowhunter, and don't let anyone take that away or tell you otherwise" The man booped his daughters nose with affection.

"I won't, I promise. I love you, daddy"

"I love you too bun"

>>>

"Annabeth doesn't know where the cup is" Jocelyn spoke to Magnus, who was watching the 12 year old girl protest.

"Alright, but you must know, taking her memories won't help her." Magnus said as he brought Kristina closer, flashing his cat eyes at her, making her smile at him in interest, reaching her hand out hesitantly

"They're beautiful," she said, making Magnus smile at her

"I don't like doing this Jocelyn, and now you brought Kristina into it too"

Jocelyn's eyes glistened as she looked at Magnus

"Please Magnus"

>>>

Kristina gasped as she came back to reality, anger bubbling inside her once again, however the fond memories of her father eased it.

It seems the same power touched your mind as Clarissa's. there are memories that shall come back to you on your own and others that need to be retrieved.

"thank you" Kristina mumbled, before grabbing Jace and rushing outside.

"What did you see" Jace questioned as they jogged side by side

"I didn't know where the cup is, but im sure I know who took our memories"

Just as they made it outside Alecs raised voice alarmed the pair

"You're telling me this girl shows up out of nowhere and she's Valentine's daughter? Did it occur to you that she might be a spy? This might be part of her plan?"

"That's enough, Alec." Adam exclaimed

"Do you think I planned for my mom to get kidnapped? Or... or for Dot to be taken? Or to have a giant sword dangle over my head and find out that my father is one of the most dangerous people in the world? Really?" Clary snapped before she looked around, sighing in relief when she saw Kristina.

"Where's Simon? Where's Simon?" She demanded as Isabelle joined them without Simon, looking distressed.

"I told him to stay in the van. I've searched everywhere." She replied looking at Kristina for help

"He's gone?"

"I can't find him." Izzy confirmed

"You were supposed to protect him!"

Clary took off in the direction Izzy came from, leaving Kristina to apologise and catch up to the girl.

"Simon!"

|Simon? No. Simon!"

Clary stopped, her eyes watering as she could not see any sign of Simon anywhere, leaning into Kristina.

"Is that the mundane's name? I'm afraid Simon's coming with us." A voice boomed through the open space, coming from the bridge

Simon was being held against his will by two people, Kristia assumed they were vampires as they kept in the shadow even though the sun was gone. Kristina hand found her dagger and gripped it ready to fight.

"No! No, he's not a part of this." Clary shouted

"And it'll be my pleasure to kill you unless you return him." Jace added speaking for Adam, moving to attack only to be stopped by Alec.

"Careful. We'd be violating the Accords."

"I'm afraid your sidekick's quite right. The Night Children have broken no laws. We're negotiating. The mundane, unharmed, in exchange for the Mortal Cup. [gasps] And the clock is ticking. Tick-tock, people." The vampire negotiated, making Kristinas anger grow yet again.

With that they disappeared into the darkness, making Kristina growl in anger.

"Simon... No! Simon!|

"Simon!"

"Simon!" Clarys distressed screams echoed around them

"Fuck"

>>>

Guys im starting to make gifs ( I made the one on top 😆) and some more edits, it's really fun so im definitely going to be posting more here. Get ready for that 😉!

Hope you liked this 😆 there some more Jatina/ Krace moments because I legit can't wait to give yall more! Also a longer chapter! yay me right lol.

I love all of you have a lovely day!

(Credit to @-STILINSKIOBRIENS for the amazing banner)

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

58.3K 1.9K 43
╚»★«╝ Book 1 of Where We Come Alive The New York Institute and its' shadowhunters, Jace, Alec, and Isabelle, have decided to take part of the exchang...
69.8K 2.4K 15
Twins. The oldest, a warlock. The youngest, a shadowhunter. Both were raised in lives the other could not follow. But that was changed on the day of...
24.2K 948 15
/OCC/ /AU/ Alec a young warlock is thrown out by his parents when they discover his secret , how will the young man survive alone as a downworlder? A...
17.2K 558 18
When his sister has fallen ill Alec seeks help from the high warlock of Brooklyn. He would do anything to save Isabelle so he makes a deal. But is th...