When it Rains | Daniel Riccia...

By kisses1808

Alexia Parks finds herself torn between her familiar boyfriend of the past few years and a new employee of th... More

Chapter 1 - He's coming!
Chapter 2 - An introduction
Chapter 3 - Girl's Night
Chapter 4 - First Race Weekend
Chapter 5 - Wondering Eyes
Chapter 6 - Catch up
Chapter 7 - Group Date
Chapter 8 - Smiling Through It
Chapter 9 - Dirty.Ugly.
Chapter 10 - China?
Chapter 11 - Anticipation
Chapter 12 - Instigations
Chapter 13 - Always a Victim
Chapter 14 - Little Comforts
Chapter 15 - Brotherly Love
Chapter 16 - Sorry For Living
Chapter 17 - Longing
Chapter 18 - Instant Regret
Chapter 19 - Salty
Chapter 20 - Wine Time
Chapter 21 - Sight Seeing
Chapter 22 - Sun Things Never Change
Chapter 23 - The Rain in Spain
Chapter 24 - The Rain in Spain Pt 2
Chapter 25 - The Rain in Spain Pt 3
Chapter 26 - Take it in
Chapter 27 - Summer Break Begins
Chapter 28 - Cassandra
Chapter 29 - Sickly Sweet
Chapter 30 - Disclosure
Chapter 31 - A Date?
Chapter 32 - A trip to the Market
Chapter 33 - Red, Red Wine
Chapter 34 - Sparks Fly
Chapter 35 - Begin Again
Chapter 36 - None Of Your Business
Chapter 37 - Reassurance
Chapter 38 - A Day Out
Chapter 39 - Something Brewing
Chapter 41 - Toil & Trouble

Chapter 40 - Bubble Bubble

2.3K 39 5
By kisses1808

Once the girls had ransacked my apartment and Egel left with Nico, Jen and I decided she should probably go check in at her hotel now that it was ready. Because of our meticulous planning, her hotel was just a few blocks away from the apartment so we decided to take a walk despite Jamie's efforts to drive us. He was relentless and made the executive decision to tag along. Secretly, I wanted this time to air out my anxieties for the night ahead without any interruptions, but clearly that wasn't going to happen and to make things worse, a familiar face caught my eye as we were crossing the sidewalk.

"Grace!" I gasped at the sight of her, she was gathering suitcases so that the concierge could pack them into the car... Daniel's car... which means...

"Hi Doll-" she responded but was cut short by none other than Dan the man himself. "Lex! Hey!?" His eyes were wide with surprise and they went just that much more when his eyes landed on Jen and Jamie. "Hey, guys! Jen babe, how you going?" This Australian phrase always bugged me, so I made a face and he laughed at me knowing it. I mean really now, how you going? What does that even mean?

"Not bad and yourself? I was about to ask you where you've been, but I see now," she said walking towards Grace's open arms. They all got caught in conversation. All except for Daniel and I. His eyes were glued to mine, my heart started to race and when I couldn't stand the tension any longer I looked away.

"Oh, there you are, Papa Joe. I was looking for you!" I smiled when he appeared from behind the crowd. "My dear girl, I had no idea you were here. Daniel, you muppet? Why didn't you tell us?" He cussed his son. Daniel's eyes were still on me when he answered his father. "Oh, Pops, you know I don't like to share. If she was here I'd never see you two. It's always Alexia this, Alexi that." He rolled his eyes as he imitated his parents' voices. This caused us all to laugh.

"Oh, Jealous are we?" I winked at Daniel with a smile. "Well yeah I am, they are my parents."

"Babes," Jen called out to me "We should get moving, don't want to sit while they find me another room cause mine was given to someone else." I nodded in agreement.

He walked behind me and spoke softly so that only I could hear, "Let me just get them loaded and I'll walk with you."

"Okay," I whispered back feeling my cheeks warm when his arm trailed along my lower back. He grabbed a handful of my dress which caused it to constrict my waist and when he let go a wetness made me clench my legs together. Damit Daniel Not fair. I shook my head and caught up to my brother.

JENNIFER POV

It had been bugging me for weeks and it was slowly starting to drive me insane. I imagine this is how she felt last night when she eventually told Jamie about seeing Daniel. It started off as casual flirting when he was in the UK a month ago. We went out a few times after work, sometimes with other colleagues, sometimes without. When we first kissed I pushed him away knowing that although it was a nice thought, being with my best friend's brother was not an option.

When he returned home to Monaco, I thought it was over, he stopped replying as much and I went on with work, but when I saw him yesterday I knew it was far from. After Lex had passed out and the house grew quiet I snuck into his room as softly as I could. He was waiting at his door and the minute it closed behind me he grabbed me by my waist and locked me in his kiss. Fumbling for the edge of my nightgown he pulled me into bed.

We had to set an alarm so that I could slip back in beside Lex. This had gone too far and I was now at a crossroads where I either fess up to everything or tell Jamie that we couldn't see each other any longer. "Hey, my favourite little HR agent." I smiled it was Daniel, he must be following us to the hotel now. More the merrier! "Hey Dan, how you been?" I asked as he slipped his arm around my shoulders. I tried to let Alexia catch up to Jamie in front of us so we could have a little pow wow without other ears, not that I wouldn't tell her everything he said, but whatever.

"Good. Really good." The smile on his face broadened when Alexia and Jamie started arguing about something else. "Yeah, so I've heard Mr steal-ma-best-friend." I giggled and he play-tackled me into the wall with his arms still around my shoulder. "Shhhhh, I'm trying to stay incognito here." his eyes went wide.

"Hasn't Lex told you?" He stopped walking. "Told. Me.What?" His voice was cautious. "Oh, Shit, I'm not sure I should be telling you then." Shit Lex. What the Fuck!?

I looked ahead and caught Lex's eye. She quickly turned back to the road ahead. "Uh, I'm not sure if you should know this yet, but I can't keep up with everyone's secrets. I have my own to stress about, but she told Jamie. You're out in the open bud." I smacked him on the back and noticed how Lex was now further in the distance and looking back at us again. She motioned for us to catch up and Daniel held his hand up at her letting her know we'd be there soon.

"Oh, no she hasn't told me yet. Fuck and I just greeted Jamie like everything was normal. Shit. I've fucked up. Shit!" He began to walk again, but slowly. Alexia's eyes were glued to us and I guess we were being a little weird here. I'll tell her when we're alone again, or maybe i shouldn't. Fuck relationships. I slammed my hand to my head once Alexia and Jamie were around the corner.

"Sorry Daniel. I didn't mean to mess around in your business. I'm sure she meant to tell you. Tonight probably." I did my best to reassure him. "Yeah no problem, Jen. Glad you told me. Now, what's going on with you and Jamsie boy?" His face lit up again as he gestured to the couple ahead.

"Say whaaaaat." My voice trailed off into silence as I tried to play it cool. "Sir, I have no idea what you're talking about." I tried to speed up and ignore him. He wasn't having any of it though. Not to mention he was about a foot taller than me and a top-class athlete. At least I got myself a second to let the cool afternoon air soothe my brilliantly red cheeks.

"Uh, so it is you... He didn't tell me who it was, but from that reaction, I don't need any more clarification." OMG! JAMIE!! I'm going to kill him! "Okay, but Daniel you have to swear not to say anything okay, I haven't told Lex and she'd kill me! Please, Daniel!" I begged. He reached over and gave me a gentle hug, "Don't worry I know what it's like and I won't say anything, but you know you have to tell her. She'll understand and to be honest, I don't think it'll bug her that much. He really likes you from what he's told me. Don't let them slip away." He was smiling when he pulled away from the hug.

Lex and Jamie were standing outside my hotel when we finally caught up.

ALEXIA POV

I could understand the first time I looked back and he had his arms around her shoulders. He caught my eye and we shared a moment. The second time, I had noticed they weren't following us anymore instead he was dragging her into the wall. It was weird, but then again so are the individuals I'm talking about. We're all absolute loonies, that's why they're my people.

When I couldn't hear them anymore I asked Jamie to stop. I turned around and they had come to a complete standstill. I gestured for them to keep moving but Daniel is the one who told me to carry on and this is what started the mood from hell. What the fuck could be so important that they needed to stop and talk about?

Jen had been acting strange around me, not in an obvious way, but enough for me to notice the small things. For example, she'd be saying something and then stop talking and act like it was something to brush off. Also, her reaction to me and Daniel was that excessive or normal for a best friend. I know I can trust her, but could it be possible that the whole Mike thing was happening again. Could she secretly like Daniel - had they had something going on that I don't know about? Did he not tell her about us? Was I the other woman? Is she?

I pulled Jamie along with me, not wanting to see anymore. I was close to tears, but I wasn't going to let anyone see that. Jamie was visibly worried about me although he didn't say anything. "Please don't," I shook my head as he tried to hug me. I was thankful that my brother knew when to back off because now was one of those times where I would explode at the touch of someones hand, fuck, the wrong look and I'd attack you.

After what felt like forever, they turned the corner. Daniel spotted me almost immediately and was hesitant at first but then came to stand beside me with a smile plastered on his face. Usually, this would make me smile, but I needed space to process this. I turned his way and gave him a tight-lipped smile as our eyes caught each other. I don't know if I even want to go on this date anymore. Jen on the other hand giggled as she walked towards Jamie who was sorting out her room - ever the gentleman. Ahhrrrg! I'm annoyed as fuck if you couldn't tell.

"Do you want me to come up with me or," her eyes wandered to Daniel beside me, "or do you need to get going?" A smile spread along with her words and that just rubbed me the wrong way. "Actually I have to get going," I stepped away from daniel's arm and went to give her a hug goodbye. "We're all on the yacht for tomorrow nice and early, right?" I got some hums in response. "Okay well, I love you, have fun tonight." She whispered the last part. "I love you too," I sighed with the same tight-lipped smile that hadn't left yet and walked back to Daniel. "I've got a date, so I've got to get home so I can start getting ready. Sorry." He walked closer to me but looked over my shoulder first to see where Jamie was respectfully and pulled me closer. "Let him know I say he's a lucky man." He kissed my head.

"See you in 130 mins." A stupid crooked smile appeared and this time I couldn't ignore the urge to mirror his expression. I was still excited. I did want to go on this date and I HAD TO GET HOME RIGHT NOW!! 130MINS!? Shit!

A/N: Don't worry, there will be two updates this week to make up for my late schedule. Sorry! As always leave a comment, start a conversation, vote as you wish.

Love you guys! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 340 15
Helena had been working as a communications executive for Ferrari for the better part of a year. Charles had been a driver for Ferrari for 4 years. ...
286K 4.7K 126
Alex is a young girl brought up around formula one. There's trauma and heartbreak in her life. She lands a job with the McLaren team and travels the...
274K 5.1K 38
When Violet Brown gets the opportunity to interview an F1 driver in Abu Dhabi, she doesn't have to think twice about it. Despite not really being a f...
983K 25.3K 80
Daniel knew he'd messed up the moment he saw her again in his teammates room. Amber knew it was a mistake from the moment Daniel pulled her by the h...