Taking One for the Team (The...

By Kendallmariie

Pregnant by a jerk and left to provide for her unborn babies with the help of her successful bakery and the h... More

Prologue
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TEN

16.9K 637 93
By Kendallmariie

Matthew

I can't believe Ashley! I tried so hard to keep my fathering Renee's kids away from Ashley only to have throw it in my face that she's known from the beginning.

After my conversation with Alexander, I went home to a pregnant, lazy Ashley. She was about two months at this point. A tiny baby bump graced her stomach and she was acting like she was ready to give birth any day now.

I confronted her about sleeping with Alexander and she laughed! Laughed in face and pointed out that she knew Renee's kid was in fact mine. What could I say to that? I admitted and dropped the whole subject entirely. Unfortunately, it wasn't that simple. As the months progressed, Ashley grew more weepy and angry. She constantly asked why I slep with Renee, what did Alexander and I see in her. If that was bad enough, she continued to seek Alexander out. Asking if I knew where he was going after practice, who he was with, if he was still hung up on that bitch Renee, her words not mine.

Whatever, it doesn't matter because at the end of the day Ashley's carrying my baby and we'll be linked together forever.

Alexander

After a well-planned, amazing night with Renee, I was awoken by a phone ringing in the distance.

"Hello." Renee answered sleepily. "This is she." She listened for a little and then sat up as quickly as her pregnant body would let her.

This put me on guard as well. "Baby, what's wrong?" I sat up and switched on the lights on the bedside table.

Tears were streaming down Renee's face but she continued on the phone. "Yes, I understand. She did? I had no idea. It's a four hour drive. I'm currently unable to drive. Yes I can make it. I'll be there before nightfall so please make sure- yes, thank you so much." Then she clicked the disconnect button on her phone.

"Baby, talk to me." I was now standing in front of her, wiping her tears.

She was now crying so hard she was hyperventilating. "My-my-my sister, she-she died!"

"Oh." I embraced her. "I caught a little of your conversation. Go shower, get dressed, and packed. How long do you need to stay?"

"Um what's today?" She asked, a little calmed down.

I looked at the clock which read 5:00am. "Tuesday now."

"I want her funeral to be this Saturday."

"Alright, do as I said and I'll wake up Andre and tell him to pack for a five day trip and then to meet you in here so you can tell him why. I'll run to my house, shower and pack, get gas, and then I should be ready to go. You said it was a four hour drive, right?"

She nodded her head.

I kissed her forehead. "Alright, Baby. Get a move on."

Andre

Renee hugged me. "I'm so sorry, they called me about an hour ago."

I hugged her back. "Sis, it's okay. We both knew that lifestyle would get her killed."

She pulled away. "Her lawyer called me and he doesn't think she was killed by some John, he thinks Angela was killed by Savannah." She finished.

Savannah. How could she kill her own daughter? Stupid question, after all, she had no problem pimpin' Angela out at the age of twelve.

"Does he have any proof?"

Renee wiped the tears that refused to stop falling. "No, just from things Angela said and how organized she was. Everything is arranged, she even has a will. According to him, everything was finalized two days ago. If it hadn't been, everything would have gone to Savannah, including Rae."

"Who's Rae?" I asked.

"Raelynn Marie Charles, Angela's two year old daughter.

"Where is she now?" I panicked. I already failed my big sister, there's no way I can fail her daughter too.

"She's at the police station with the lawyer. I told him we'd be there before nightfall and to keep her away from Savannah at all cost.

"Damn, thank God Savannah will never get her hands on her."

Alexander

Renee is sleeping finally. I'm sure all that crying wasn't good for the babies. "Can you tell me a little about what we're walking into." I ask Andre.

"Yeah man, sorry. Anything involving our sister usually brings tears to Renee's eyes but I'm sure you can understand-"

"I get it, she was your sister."

"We lost her a long time ago, but this time it's final. I'm just glad we get to bring a piece of her home with us. A good, untainted piece."

I nod.

"Angela wasn't always bad. Savannah did that to her. You know prostitution is legal in Vegas, right?"

"Yes."

"Yeah, well it isn't if the prostitute is a twelve year old little girl, doing it because Mommy told her to."

"Your mom pimped out your sister?!" I asked, horrified.

Andre nodded. "Savannah is sick and she used Angela to get to where she is now. She's owns the biggest and most popular brothel in all of Las Vegas. Do you know what's gonna happen when we get there?"

"Your sister is gonna wake up in about 30 minutes having to use the bathroom, when we stop, I'll book us a hotel for the week. When we get to Vegas, we'll go straight to the police station and get Rae, afterwards we'll go to the hotel, bond with Rae and rest. Tomorrow we'll plan a the funeral, you and I can find a burial plot, and then the we'll be set for Saturday."

"And Savannah?" Andre questioned.

"I don't think we can keep her away from the funeral if she comes."

"Oh, she'll come alright, and act a damn fool the entire time."

"Okay, then we'll keep her as far away from your sister and Rae as possible."

"I don't think I've told you this yet, but thank you."

I shook my head, "We're family, there's no need to thank me. You should call Nathan, Me'Shell and Carmell, you guys are gonna need all the support you can get."

Andre got on the phone and did as I suggested. Renee woke up and leaned into my side. I kissed the side of her head. "Morning, Baby, need to use the restroom?"

She nodded her head.

I have no idea how she owns a bakery, she is in no way shape or form a morning person.

I pulled over at the nearest gas station and helped Renee out of the car.

"Are we almost there?"

"Almost, Baby. About an hour and a half away." I kissed her forehead.

"What's taking so long?" She asked as she wobbled to the bathrooms. Andre filled up the car with gas.

I chuckled. "Your bladder and cavings." I answered.

When the car was packed and everyone was inside, Renee had to get out and go to the bathroom. Then, before we left town, we decided to go get breakfast from Hardees but suddenly, as Hardees was in sight, Renee decided she wanted a McGriddle. That was okay, except that when we were finally on our way, Renee had to pee. But I love her, so what ever she needs, I'll do.

"Ready?" I asked when she came out.

"Ready." She gave me tewo thumbs up. "But I need snacks."

"No drinks!" Andre shouted as he stood at the counter, paying for the gas.

Renee

Rae looks just like Angela but a little lighter. You can tell she's mixed.

"Hi, Babycakes." I call her.

She looks at me with her big hazel eyes, "Mommy."

"Um", I start tearing up.

"Hey, Cutie. I'm your Uncle Andre." He takes Rae from my arms and Alex pulls me into his.

"It's okay, Baby."

"Ms. Charles", Angela's lawyer walks up to me. "Hello, I'm Seymour Tolles, I was your sister's lawyer. I'm sorry for your lose." I shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Tolles, this is my boyfriend Alexander Donovan and my brother-"

"Andre Charles. I'm a fan and your sister spoke of you two often." He shook Alex and Andre's hands.

"Where are the papers she needs to sign. We need to check into our hotel and we want Rae with us, legally, as soon as possible."

"Do you plan to adopt Rae as well?"

"Yes, I plan on marrying Renee and adopting Rae in the future."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 8.2K 132
16 and not pregnant but inlove.. just read yall I'm not too good at writing descriptions. Is a completed story.
2.8K 153 12
𝟗-𝟓 "..𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧' 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐲�...
5.2K 146 17
Two teenagers with a interesting love story fr🤷🏽‍♀️ + a baby later on
30K 547 18
🍂 Hᴇʟʟᴏ! ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀɴ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ. ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ sᴛᴏʀʏ's ғɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴡᴏᴍᴇɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʟʟ ʀᴀᴄᴇs. ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ɪɴᴛᴇʀʀᴀ...