TUBE

By kseniaanske

From the prizewinning author of Rosehead and the resident writer of the 2015 Amtrak Residency Program, comes... More

Copyright
Author's Note
Prologue
MOSCOW-TULA, 5 February 1989, 10:27
11:09
TULA STATION, 11:31
TULA-ORYOL , 11:42
12:02
13:13

Dedication

149 7 0
By kseniaanske

To Little Olesya—wherever you are.

How strange it is, how inexpressibly strange, that behind this wall, behind this very wall, a man is sitting on the floor, stretching out his long legs in orange boots, an expression of malice on his face.

We need only drill a hole in the wall and look through it and immediately we would see this mean-spirited man sitting there.

But we shouldn't think about him. What is he anyway? Is he not after all a portion of death in life, materialized out of our own conception of emptiness?

― Daniil Kharms, Russian Absurd: Selected Writings

"He's the strongest man in the world."

"Man, yes," said Pippi, "but I am the strongest girl in the world, remember that."

― Astrid Lindgren, Pippi Longstocking

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
163K 6.5K 158
Title: i became a god in horror games After losing his job Bai Liu became involved with an unstoppable horror live streaming game full of various mon...
90.1M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...