The Mysterious Boy || BTS (Ji...

De EcstaticAce

Jungkook is part of a futuristic world, where VR (Virtual Reality) games are normal and played often. Lately... Mai multe

The Mysterious Boy
The Lake
New Player: Yoongi
Returning Player: Namjoon
Game Announcement
Regret
Fight
Healing
Trip: Day 1
Pounce
Reunion
Memory
Gone
Broken
Shall We?
Remember
Free
Forever Mine

Misunderstanding

122 9 58
De EcstaticAce

"Ugh, this is so frustrating."

Namjoon brushed his right hand through his hair as he entered his house, locking the door behind him as he placed his house keys on a table by the door. He always placed them there in fear of losing them. After looking in the fridge and not being satisfied with any of his options, he decided he'd order in some food later. He knew that him trying to cook in this state would probably lead to him poisoning himself.

Namjoon had spent the past five days spending all of his VR time playing Mikrokosmos. After the incident of almost kissing Jin, he kept trying to find the man in-game. However, it was almost as if he was avoiding him. When he went to Jin's house, he was nowhere to be seen. He even visited the man's favorite spots to try and find him but to no avail. He could only imagine how Jin felt, being inches from kissing Namjoon when he just up and disappeared. Namjoon sighed once again as he looked towards his TV.

"Is it even worth it this time? It's like I'll never see him again."

Namjoon continued to get more and more upset, the man always swayed by his emotions. He decided to order food after playing the game, wanting something to look forward to when his search went unfulfilled once again. He walked over to the console, turning it on and grabbing the headset.

"Here goes nothing."

-------------------------------------------

Namjoon had landed at his house in the game. It had been such a long time since the game started him off here, almost forgetting how his house was designed. It was simple, most of the walls painted a light gray or beige color. The furniture was also mostly monotone with the occasional navy-blue piece of furniture.

"Why would the game start me off here? This place is nowhere near where Jin normally is. Ugh, now I'm going to spend most of my time trying to run to all of his favorite place."

Namjoon put a hand on his hip, leaning to one side as his body language screamed anger and frustration. He decided to move to the front door, his pace slower than usual as if he'd already given up. After reaching for the door handle, the game suddenly gave him a choice.

1) Go outside and explore the town! Who knows what you'll find.

2) Turn around and head upstairs. There may be a surprise waiting for you!

Namjoon was about to hit the first option, not wanting to waste one more moment. However, he paused with his finger hovering over the first option, something stopping him from making the final decision.

Could it really hurt to look upstairs? Maybe the surprise is worthwhile. I mean, I'd be wasting time in finding Jin, but let's face it, I'm not finding him at this rate anyway.

Namjoon switched to the second option, the front door graying out slightly, showing that it was now off limits for the time being. When he turned around, he saw a soft glow on the stairs, showing that they were now accessible. Namjoon sighed again, tired out from the feeling of disappointment.

He slowly moved up the stairs, no longer having the motivation to move quickly. He wasn't even sure the surprise would be anything good, only hoping that it would be something he relatively liked. When he got to the top of the stairs, he was waiting for the game to give him another choice, as it usually did. However, nothing happened.

"That's strange. Why isn't it prompting me to do something. Can I just ... go wherever I want?"

Namjoon thought for a second, the choice from before not mentioning what room the surprise was in. It only said that it was "upstairs." Namjoon sighed again, not one for puzzles at the moment. He decided to go to his bedroom which was on this floor, honestly just in the mood to say "fuck it" and take a nap. He'd been stressing over the Jin situation for almost a week now, his mind emotionally exhausted.

Once he got to his bedroom door, he waited for a prompt once again, but one never came. He continued to have a confused expression on his face. Eventually, he shrugged his shoulders, giving up on understanding what was going on. He grabbed the doorknob, turning it quickly and opening the door. He slowly entered the room, his heavy footsteps showing how exhausted he was. However, when he looked up, he quickly froze.

Is ... Is someone in my bed?

Namjoon couldn't see a head from this angle, only trying to infer from the shape the blankets had molded into as if a person was under them. He quietly closed the door, taking a couple slow steps forward before he paused. He noticed the blankets slowly moving up and down, now realizing that there was definitely a person underneath.

It's probably Hoseok. He always fell asleep in my bed earlier on when he was waiting for me to return.

Namjoon approached the bed, still not able to see a head as it was covered underneath the blanket. Namjoon sank into the mattress on the edge of the bed, turning his torso to face the figure the best he could. He put his hand on the other's shoulder, shaking them slightly as he spoke in a soft tone.

"Hoseok. Hey. It's time to wake up. Sorry that you fell asleep waiting for me again. Hey? Hoseok? Come on, you need to wake up."

The man groaned from annoyance underneath the blankets, quickly pulling them further up over their head and exposing their feet instead. Namjoon exhaled quickly, not sure why the man was being so stubborn. Namjoon did they only thing he could think of, pulling the entire blanket off the individual in one sweep.

"J-Jin?!"

Jin rolled around on the mattress for a bit, eyes still closed as he began adjusting to the light in the room. Namjoon was stuck in his spot, sitting on the mattress in silence with his jaw slightly ajar. Jin had turned around to face Namjoon, his eyes blinking quickly to try and see who was in front of him.

"Who are you? Namjoon? Namjoon!"

Jin quickly shot up off the mattress, running towards the side of the room with two windows which was opposite of the door. Namjoon still looked stunned, not expecting Jin to have been in his house let alone sleeping in his room.

"Uhh ... what are you doing here?"

"Look I can explain!"

Namjoon could tell that Jin's adrenaline had spiked even though he still looked drowsy, his hair messy and slightly tangled. Jin looked around him for an exit but only saw the door behind Namjoon, the man still sitting on the bed in disbelief. The man he had been searching for for days was right in front of him. Before Namjoon could blink, Jin made a break for the door. Namjoon quickly caught Jin's wrist, causing him to come to a halt. Namjoon stood up as Jin faced him.

"Namjoon, please let go. I'm ... embarrassed." Jin's cheeks began to redden, the blush making Jin look even cuter.

"Where have you been the past couple days? I've been looking for you."

Namjoon kept his gaze soft, not wanting to make Jin panic any more than he already was. Jin began biting his nails as his eyes looked everywhere but at Namjoon. To try and stop Jin from causing his fingers to bleed, he reached for the other hand cautiously. When Jin noticed this, he flinched slightly before allowing Namjoon to hold it. Namjoon swayed their hands together in front of them to try and calm Jin down, a motion he knew was soothing for Jin.

"I've ... uhh ... I've been ..."

"You've been?" Namjoon continued to be patient, seeing that Jin was still flustered.

"I've been here."

It came out rushed, almost causing Namjoon to miss it completely. Jin now had his eyes closed, not wanting to see the other man's reaction. Namjoon smiled slightly before shaking his head a bit, not wanting to give his emotions away.

"Why didn't you tell me? And why here? Why didn't you stay at your house?"

Jin looked as if he was battling with himself, debating on whether to tell a truth or a lie. Namjoon waited patiently, knowing that Jin would eventually tell the truth if he didn't rush him. After a minute or so and a long sigh from Jin, he looked towards the ground as he responded, voice on the quieter side.

"I was hoping you'd come home, so we could talk. But, you never came home. I thought about leaving to look for you, but I thought it would be best just to stay here."

"I've been out looking for you for the past five days."

At that, Jin's head jolted up, his eyes looking straight into Namjoon's. Jin's eyes were glistening from tears that were about to form, more from anxiety and fear than sadness. Namjoon's eyes remained soft, his smile showing as well as his dimples. He pulled Jin's hands closer to him, causing Jin to move closer as well.

"Can ... can we talk?"

The nerves rolled off of Jin in waves. Namjoon nodded, being sure to smile sweetly as he continued to hold one of Jin's hands. He guided them both to the bed, both of them sitting on the edge of it. Jin sighed loudly as Namjoon looked at his hands, twiddling his thumbs. The atmosphere quickly became awkward, neither of them knowing where to start.

"About the last time we saw each other," Jin started off, still not able to make eye contact with Namjoon as he spoke. Namjoon moved his head to the side, staring at Jin's features as he spoke, "I shouldn't have done that without asking you first. It was a total mistake, and ... and it won't happen again. I promise."

Namjoon's smile quickly sunk, his once bright features now turning sullen. He replayed Jin's words in his head a couple times as the silence of the room began to suffocate him.

Mistake. Does ... does he regret almost kissing me? Well, he seems to be making it clear that it's never happening again. Did I do something wrong?

"Uhh ... yeah, it's alright. My time ran out for the day, so sorry that I left in the middle of it. I didn't want you to think I was bailing or anything. I could only imagine what that must have felt like."

Namjoon was looking towards the floor, his one hand behind his neck squeezing it slightly to try a knock away some of the anxiety coursing through him. Eventually, his hand fell heavily into his other, the pure silence of the room weighing both of them down, the tension only rising.

"Your ... your time ran out?" Jin moved his eyes to try and look at Namjoon but didn't move his head.

"Yeah. I think we spent so much time talking over hot chocolate that I must have lost track of how much time I had left." Namjoon smiled, trying to break through some of the tension that was now becoming overbearing for both of them.

"So ... you didn't log out, because you didn't want to kiss me?"

"Of course not! Why would I do that?"

Namjoon quickly put a hand over his mouth, realizing what he just admitted. When he looked at Jin, he could see the other forming a smile, a small laugh escaping his mouth. Namjoon looked relieved, happy to see that Jin no longer looked like he was in utter distress. It wasn't long until Namjoon was smiling and laughing as well.

"I thought all this time that you hated me, or at least left the game as a sort of escape route. I felt awful for putting you in that situation, honestly. I really should have asked first."

"Then go for it."

Namjoon's entire body was now facing Jin's, looking into his eyes as if daring him to ask. Jin gulped down his saliva, not expecting Namjoon to be so forward. The blush crept back onto his cheeks as Jin cleared his throat. Namjoon was trying to suppress a smile, find the other to be cute in this situation.

"Uhhh ... Joon, did you ... did you want to ... maybe ..."

Before Jin could finish his sentence, Namjoon was already leaning in, causing Jin's words to soften until he could no longer finish his sentence. Namjoon held his lips only centimeters from Jin's, noticing that the other was staring at his lips before looking into his eyes.

"Yes."

Before Namjoon could close the gap, Jin leaned in with full force, as if he'd been waiting for this moment and had finally lost all of his control. Jin's hands were both in the mattress to support himself and prevent him from falling over. Namjoon's was shocked at first, his hands frozen in the air. After a second into the kiss, he decided to place his hands on Jin's hips.

It was a simple kiss. Nothing too eager, nothing too passionate, just simple and delicate. After a couple more seconds, Namjoon was the first to back away. He fluttered his eyes open, his hands remaining on Jin's hips. Jin opened his eyes, moving his gaze from Namjoon's lips to his eyes.

"I missed you."

Jin moved in to hug Namjoon, wrapping his arms around the man's frame. Namjoon smiled, moving his hands from Jin's hips to wrap around his shoulders. They stayed like that for a couple seconds before breaking apart.

"Want to cuddle?"

Namjoon would never admit it usually, but he was definitely a cuddler, wanting to remain close to Jin for the time being. They both laid down, moving the blankets over them as Namjoon became the big spoon and Jin the little spoon. They both moved closer before Jin turned his whole body around to face Namjoon.

"Thank you."

Namjoon didn't respond, kissing Jin's nose followed by his lips, slowly becoming addicted to the feeling of kissing the other. They both stayed in the bed for the rest of the time Namjoon had left, occasionally leaving soft kisses as they stayed in each other's arms.

----------------------------------

A/N

So, it looks like they've made peace with each other ... or have they?

Thank you again to everyone for reading this chapter! It means a lot, and I hope y'all have been enjoying the storyline. I have a couple questions for you to answer if you'd like:

1) Favorite storyline/couple?
2) Do you have a bias in BTS (OT7 is totally an option as well)?
3) Introvert or extrovert?

4) So, I know this was originally going to be a Jikook one-shot, but then some people had mentioned adding in more couples, which I have. However, did y'all want to see more Jikook and have Sope and Namjin be side couples? Or did you want each couple to have equal time? Just thought I'd ask to get some opinions!

Thanks again everyone! I hope you all look forward to the next chapter which will hopefully be up sooner rather than later! Love you all! =^_^=

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

130K 8.8K 22
Park Jimin has a dream job as a video game tester and gets hired to play the latest VR dating simulator 1st place winner Kpopficsaward,Category BTS S...
2.3K 92 9
One Shots featuring Hoseok <3 Slow Updates. Hoseok * BTS Ship requests always welcomed ★ Add the book to your libraries for upcoming updates ★ -Ziggy...
35.6K 4.4K 50
"Trust me. You're getting out of here." ---------------------------------------------- It's 3029 and the world has changed a lot. Humans have a lifes...
29K 979 52
Reactions to different scenarios with BTS. Might include NSFW scenarios, will be noted. ~ BTS Member x Reader Insert (no y/n) 1st Place Oneshots The...