Seoulmate | RyeJi

By lightfuryeji

Ryujin had decided to move in the city to pursue her course on her first year of college. As she discovers a... More

d i s c l a i m e r
✧✦
✧✦✧✦
✧✦fin✦✧
A/N

✧✦✧

2.7K 109 105
By lightfuryeji

Classes had started and being that it's only her first week, the struggle to do some advance study has already caused her to besiege other priorities. Freshman years can be pestering to indulge with, as some may say, but Ryujin was certain that it could only be because of the adjustment. High school was fun, at least for her, but she always thought college is convivial, for the fact that most people are exposed to achieving their full-pledged maturity at that point in their life and the freedom reckoned during their teenage years.

Without putting much thought to it, Ryujin confirms that parties are extravagant when it's hosted by college students.

"How's that?" the brunette with a hint of blonde towered Ryujin as she kept darting her eyes between the short-haired woman and her booze, expectantly waiting for a response.

"Bitter," Ryujin feigned a face of disgust, earning a sneer from the younger one.

"Oh c'mon, that's already my best concoction!"

"Where did you even learn this, you little twat."

"I will disown you, unnie."

Ryujin rolled her eyes and drank the whole cup, handing it back to her as she didn't want to admit that she needed another refill, but Shin Yuna knew better. 

The younger one quickly did another, an annoying smirk playing on her lips and as smug looking like her older sister's, knowing that she's successful on her attempt. Must've been the playful side that runs through the sisters' blood.

At this point, Ryujin didn't know what stresses her anymore. 

Was it the fact that she was persuaded so easily to come to this party when she should be studying medical terminologies at her place? 

Was it finding the slow enjoyment in the booming sound of the environment? 

Or was it because her younger sister, who's still on her senior year in high school, wanted to wash away her worries and hinted her to just enjoy it while it last?

"You haven't answered me why you're here. This is a college party," the older of them whispered harshly, a stern look on her face as she studies her sister's expression who continues to feign innocence.

"Don't worry. I came here with a college unnie."

"That's not what I worry. It's the fact that you're underage, for goodness' sake!"

Ryujin starts to knead her temple, getting restless by the little Shin's excuses as the other could only flash her a gummy smile. Sure, Yuna was taller and looking more matured than her, but it was inconceivable to think that she's more experienced to these kind of things.

"Please don't tell me you've done drugs."

"Whatever," Yuna left after handing the refilled drink, getting as restless as her sister for questioning her too much. 

Ryujin sighs as she watches the figure disappear in the crowd, gulping another ounce of liquid, letting it burn her throat as she hissed. Unbelievable.

"I figured you'd be here."

Her attention shifted to her side, seeing as the familiar raven-haired took the position where Yuna was. 

Lia nurses herself with a cocktail, leaning on the same wall as where Ryujin's back is resting on. The short-haired woman stared for a little while, observing as the other looked much different than the last time she saw her. 

But then, they were separated for a year, a lot of things probably changed within that span. 

"This is a welcoming party for the freshmen, what's a sophomore doing here?" she teased, completely disregarding the irony of her earlier argument with her younger sister.

"College parties are open to everyone and for your information, the seniors host this."

Ryujin chuckled, shaking her head at the response of the other woman. Maybe she's not changed over time. Lia will always be the same, contemptuous woman she always knew.

They stood somewhere less crowded in the room, watching as the people bopped along the music while the others engage in drinking games. Everyone was enjoying their time and although she was almost restless earlier, Ryujin had decided to enjoy anyway.

"Why are you here?"

"You looked like a loner so I thought you needed a company."

Ryujin huffed. "You literally just saw Yuna left before you approached me."

"Okay then, a loner in the making."

The short-haired woman snickers, sipping on her own cup.

"Your sister's been going to college parties, were you aware?"

Ryujin widened her eyes, which earned a small laugh from Lia.

"I was shocked to see her the first time, too! I knew you wouldn't be aware so I've had my eyes on her every time. It made her somewhat annoyed but at least, I kept her away from trouble."

The short-haired woman heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank you."

Lia finished her martini in one gulp, taking the lone olive that's left on her glass then into her mouth.

"By the way, you look really grown now that I see you drink. Have you been coming to parties a lot?"

"Soobin tags me along every time."

"You came with him?"

Lia only nodded and Ryujin didn't know what else to add on their topic so she chose to keep silent. It didn't last long when another person approached them, looking apathetic compared to the people around.

"Where's Yuna?"

Ryujin shrugged her shoulders, receiving a grunt from the person.

"You have a lot of friends," Lia spoke as she brushed a hand over Ryujin's shoulder. "Have fun," she said before completely leaving, not forgetting to give a small smile to the short-haired woman's new company who isn't swayed with a bit of emotion and didn't return the same gesture.

"Why are you talking to her?"

"It's nothing serious," Ryujin answered as she tries to direct it to another topic. "You seem bored. Not enjoying the party?"

"Do I look like a party person to you?" Chaeryeong, a high school friend who goes to the same college and takes the same biochemistry class as her, wanders her eyes around and didn't even hide the annoyance in her tone. She crosses her arms and looked everywhere to spot a certain giant in the crowd but to no avail, her height forbids her to. "I wanna go home, seriously, where the hell is your sister?"

Ryujin can't help but chuckle, only to tick off the other girl as her attention was now on her. "Can you please not make fun of me? You have no right to, especially that I'm taller by centimeters."

"Yeah, right," Ryujin rolls her eyes at that, making the chestnut-haired woman arch a brow at her.

"What? It's true."

The short-haired woman chose not to argue as they proceeded to look around for the younger Shin.

"She's so dead once I see her—I mean, she's the one who forced me to go and now, she's leaving me by myself?"

"Oh wow, so you're that college unnie she's pertaining to. Nice, Ryeong, what a good friend."

"Your sister forced me."

"Anyway, you have me as your company too, why are you being dramatic?"

Chaeryeong glanced at her up and down, before her eyes went wandering once more as she answers the question. "I left you for a minute and you're already mingling with a pretty woman. I'm sure you're getting something tonight."

Ryujin could only blink a few times at that, taken aback by the bluntness of the other girl. She didn't know how to react and Chaeryeong, on the other hand, continuously cuss the name of her sister as they search all over the place.

"Hey guys, I won the beer pong!"

As if summoned, Yuna appeared in front of them, full of exhilaration compared to the other girl who's emotionless all the time. Perhaps, easily angered.

Chaeryeong reached over to pull her ear, making the younger girl yelp in pain. "Ow! What was that for?!"

"Why are you drinking? You're not supposed to drink!"

"Give me a break, we're in college now!"

"You're not a college student!" both the older ones exclaimed and Yuna rubbed her ears after the other finally let go of it, thinking it would soothe the pain as she furrows her brows to the chestnut-haired woman in front of her. 

"Seriously, you're not my mom, stop acting like one. I've received my sermon from my sister already."

Chaeryeong rolls her eyes at the statement as she snatched the drink out of the younger girl's hand, chugging it all, earning an amused look from Yuna.

"See, you're a drinker as well! Why don't you guys join me instead?"

Ryujin wasn't one to turn down games but the other college girl does and it took a lot more convincing before Chaeryeong gave in, their night progressing as they had drink after drink, enough for Ryujin to grow from being tipsy into a drunken state. She had excused herself from the both of them to go look for a bathroom. Her friend wanted to accompany her but she failed to when she also felt lightheaded, leaning on the younger Shin's shoulder instead as Yuna paid no attention and is still fiery to play with the rest of the people around them.

The path to the bathroom was blurry. Ryujin sauntered at the hallway as her vision seems to tenfold, barely acknowledging whoever she bumped into, apologizing to them while she continued. Along the way, even when she can't make a damn thing clear to her vision, something did and a scene where her former lover and her fiancé make out at the balcony was it. Of all things.

The only surprise is that it didn't hurt her. Why should it? They had talked about it. 

A scene like that should still sting but then, the amount of alcohol won over everything she's supposed to feel. Ryujin felt woozy, staggering on her way as she decided to hold on to the wall for support when suddenly, she stumbled over nothing. Gritting her teeth over the impact, she tries to stand up. She was so near to the bathroom and yet, she just had to flaunt her dumbass.

"I got you."

Someone helped her up and Ryujin only smiles at the person, simply appreciating the help of a stranger as they proceed to the bathroom, assuming that it was the only destination she's pertaining to, or being that obvious that she's needing it. While being accompanied to the sink, the view immediately made Ryujin throw up and the unknown person succored her, not even repugnant by the sight.

"You need water, I'll get you some."

Ryujin held the person's wrist, stopping her from doing so as she waved her hand to her, assuring that she won't be needing it. 

"I'm just gonna go home. Help me go home."

Still in her maudlin state, she audaciously asked the stranger as the other could only smile.

"I'm sorry, but we don't know each other."

"Home, just take me home," Ryujin absentmindedly repeated, never inebriated as she did in her whole existence.

"I really don't know how I'm supposed to do that. Where are your friends?"

The short-haired woman let her body drop on the bathroom floor as she starts to ridicule herself, laughing alone which confused her company. The booze had definitely knocked her senseless and had kinda made the person regret to ever help her. Well, she didn't know what to do with the drunk woman, especially that she's being asked over and over to accompany her home when she has certainly no idea where it was.

"My friends can manage themselves. I am my own person too. So help me go home."

The stranger laughs at the irony of that statement. Pulling her up from her sitting position, Ryujin was guided out of the bathroom, hoping to look for her friends to pass the responsibility.

Apparently, Yuna has a drunken situation to handle as well and has already asked for some people's help to bring Chaeryeong outside to hail a taxi home before she came back for her older sister. She immediately saw Ryujin when she step foot inside but she was being carried by another person so she rushed over to help. "What happened to her?"

"She passed out in the bathroom. Are you a friend?"

Yuna hums in response as she took most weight of Ryujin, eyeing the stranger. It wasn't a problem for her, she was very athletic, but the other insists on helping her all the way outside. After their effort of buckling the drunkards at the backseat, she wiped an imaginary sweat over her temple and turns to her helper.

"I didn't know I was supposed to nanny them," she joked, receiving a chuckle. "Thank you..?"

"Yeji," she introduced, holding out a hand towards her. 

Both of them smiled at each other, acquainting, before Yuna went inside the passenger seat and turns to look back at her, but the older girl already turned around and she watched her simply walk back inside the party.

"Where to?"

The driver snapped her back to reality before she told the destination, which should be her sister's flat then Chaeryeong's dormitory, where she planned a sleepover on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 13.5K 96
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
20.9K 854 23
sakura and yunjin are forced to marry eachother because of circumstances and the deal between their dad. Neither of them wanted it and they dislike e...
24.3K 948 30
While dealing with a personal adversity, Yeji, a college dancer, reunites with Ryujin, her friend and first crush from elementary. Later, things beco...