Don't Let Go

By ShabanaTheStar

❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something tha... More

let go series
copyright
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
bonus one
bonus two
epilogue
gratitude

twenty four

19.5K 1.2K 117
By ShabanaTheStar

Money or Abrar?

What will she choose?

Haya closed her eyes shut to make herself stop crying, if it was at the start of their marriage, she would have chosen her money over anything else and be happy with it. But now, she couldn't. Things changed, especially since Abrar's birthday... Even before his birthday, he was warming up to her slowly, but after that day things took a drastic turn. He was more caring and affectionate towards her.

He made her feel protected and cared for. Sure, she had her friends and all. But friends are friends and family is family. No one could replace the love which your family can give. And Haya got so much love and attention only after marrying him. If she had a family today, who loved her and cared for her, then it was all because of him. And for that, she's grateful.

Abrar has been with her when she couldn't sleep at night, making sure that she was okay and not crying over her parents' death. He was genuinely worried about her whenever she was sad or upset and made sure that she smiles, always. He created such an important place in her heart in a very less span of time. And imagining a life without him made her feel horrible.

So, will she give away all of that money to save his life?

The answer was yes.

She'd rather have her husband alive than using her parents' money. It wasn't her earnings anyway. Whatever God does will be for the best, thinking so she opened her eyes momentarily and took the pen in her hands to sign the papers, but stopped as a voice interrupted them.

"No one is signing any papers."

"Farhan it'd be better if you stop interfering in this matter." Ahil snapped at him rudely.

"Oh, yeah. Try me." Farhan threw daggers at Ahil, as he went and untied his best friend.

Haya was not sure if she could handle any more shocks. Finding out that it was her cousin Ahil and Imran uncle who has kidnapped her, for their sick motive was shocking enough. But seeing Farhan come to her rescue was even more shocking.

"Your father won't be happy about this," Ahil muttered furiously as he watched him untie Haya, who was beaming at her friend with gratitude.

"I will have a chat with him, don't worry. You can go now." Farhan dismissed the other guard who was there with Haya the whole time, who stood there silently and watched the drama. He immediately left the place and went on to call his master to inform him about his son's doings.

But Farhan was never scared of his father. He never was and he will never be.

"Here, take this and leave. She won't sign them." yanking the papers from Haya, Farhan handed them over to Ahil, who grabbed them furiously and marched out of that dark room.

"Farhan... I don't know what to say right now." Haya trailed off, as she stood up from the chair. He brushed it off with a smile, his usual charming smile which she'd go crazy over until a few months ago. But now she didn't find anything about him charming anymore.

"You can start from the fact that my father is a sick bastard, who'd go to any extent to win a post." Farhan joked drily, making Haya half-smile. That's the thing about Farhan, he always made her smile in any type of situation.

Only then she realized why Farhan never really liked his father. He was such a sick man for real.

"I want to go to my husband... Is he okay? Will Aahil do something to him?" Haya asked him helplessly making Farhan look at her with amusement. He has never seen his friend so vulnerable before. She was a strong woman who never cries for others, their friends called her cold bitch, which she didn't mind being called.

But now, looking at her, crying all her eyes out for someone else made him feel so jealous. He didn't stand a chance with her. But he was happy for her nevertheless. She has already faced so much in her life and deserved nothing but happiness. He hoped that her husband equally cared for her too.

"Aahil was just fooling you. Abrar is fine." Farhan assured her with a smile, who then sighed in relief and began to mumble few prayers under her breath. She was silently thanking her Almighty for keeping her husband safe.

"Please take me to him. I want to see if he's okay. He was hurt very bad, the last time I saw him." Haya pleaded with her friend.

"Of course, Haya. You don't have to say please and all. I'm still your best friend." Farhan scoffed disapprovingly, "come with me."

They both left the dark place and the sudden brightness hurt her eyes as soon as they came out. Shielding her eyes with her palm, she eagerly walked behind her friend.

The drive to the hospital was quick and awkward. Haya did not know what to say to Farhan but she wanted to say something.

"We're here," his voice broke the long silence as he parked in front of the hospital.

"I'm not going to come up there, sorry about that." Farhan trailed off apologetically. But she didn't mind. She knew it must be awkward for him. But still, he did so much for her, keeping all the bitterness aside.

"I don't mind. Thank..." he cut her off in middle angrily as he said, "now you're saying thank you and all, huh." Haya gave him a blank stare, not knowing what to say anymore. Her heart and mind wouldn't be at peace until she sees Abrar with her own eyes. She wants to run into the hospital already.

"Don't. We are still friends and friends help each other. Which is what I did today. Don't mention it again." Farhan said firmly, she agreed with a small smile and got down from the car.

"I know the past two times we met, situations weren't that great. But I hope we meet in a much better situation the next time. And I'm genuinely sorry for all the hurt I have caused you, it wasn't my intention. But I was selfish and I'm sorry for everything, Farhan." Haya apologised as she stood in front of the car's window.

"What's meant to happen has happened, its okay. Let's forget it. But I gotta go now. See you... soon? Allah Hafiz." Farhan started his car with a sad smile on his face, Haya nodded her head as she stepped aside giving him space to make a U-turn.

"Allah Hafiz," she mumbled softly but he wasn't there to hear it.

Frantically she turned over and marched into the hospital and ran towards the receptionist. Her breathings were loud and uneven.

"Abrar Shah... Which room is he in?" she demanded the receptionist urgently, the lady on the desk directed her towards the ICU and Haya ran towards there hurryingly.

The familiar guards greeted her with surprise as soon as she reached the floor, but she couldn't care less. Bi jaan was sleeping in an uncomfortable position on the visitor's chair. Haya directly walked to the ICU room and stopped when she heard yelling from inside.

"We are searching for her day and night, Abrar. What did you think of us? That we don't care? She's our daughter in law too. We care for her. But that Imran bastard has hidden her so well. And I don't have anyone but you to blame for this.

Who in their right mind will roam out at so late in the night that too with elections so near? You didn't even take any security with you. What if something worse has happened? What if you both have died?" Ibrahim Shah scolded his son furiously, how could he think that they are not searching for his daughter in law? Of course, they are. His men were roaming all around their village and towns like hawks, looking for any clue and here his son is blaming him for not searching properly.

Haya debated if she should get in but stopped as she heard another angry voice.

"He wants me to withdraw from the elections in return for Haya," Abrar informed angrily, Haya's eyes widened in shock. How much more could a person stoop so low?

"You're going to give up just like that?" Ibrahim demanded his son, furiously.

"If that's the only option left. Then yes, I will give up my elections to save her. She's my wife, baba. She's equally important to me too." Abrar confessed with a vulnerable voice.

Haya's heart skipped a beat as she heard those words. She very well knew how much important the election was to Abrar and the fact that he's ready to give that up for her sake... touched her heart. It made her feel so special. Happy tears filled her heart.

Before they could argue more, Haya thought it would be the right time to step in and opened the door, everyone's eyes fell on her. They gasped like expected.

"Haya?" Abrar couldn't believe his eyes, he wanted this to be real, so badly. This couldn't be a dream. Could it?

"Are you really here?" he asked whilst coming towards her to touch her and feel her, she chuckled softly, nodding her head. Her eyes teared up seeing the bandages on his head. But she was glad that he's okay and standing on his own feet. The goons have hurt him very badly before abducting her.

Both of them didn't speak anything. They were just too overwhelmed to react to anything.

"How did you escape? Are you fine? Did they hurt you?" it was Sarah, who felt so relieved to see her daughter in law back. She was so worried for both her and Abrar. It was the toughest two days of the Shah family.

"I'm fine, auntie," Haya assured her with a blink of her eyes. Ibrahim walked over to place his hands over her head, "I'm glad to have you back safe and fine, beta. We will talk everything later. Your husband was going a maniac a moment ago. I guess we will leave for some time. Come with me, Sarah." his wife and the doctor followed him outside.

And it was just Abrar and Haya now.

He stared at her and she at him.

Both of them stood frozen to their spot, without moving an inch nor opening their mouths. But their eyes did all the talks.

He wanted to ask her many things, like how did she escape and all. But that could wait. He just wanted to make sure that she's okay for now. That's all matters.

She too wanted to ask him many things. But stayed silent. Just stared at his face instead.

"So, you're not even going to talk to me?" Abrar finally spoke, and that was it for her... all the tears which she has stopped began to flow like a river. Shaking his head, he pulled her into his embrace as he placed his chin on her shoulders and she hugged him back, really very tightly and felt his warmth.

"I'm so glad that you are okay," Haya spoke as she looked up at his face, who wiped her tears whilst she continued to hug him.

"That should be my dialogue. Now please stop crying, you're here now." Abrar smiled as he placed a kiss on her forehead, relieved to have her back, safe and fine.

"I was so scared." Haya voiced out again as he hugged her back, she felt him tighten the hug. She missed his hugs so much!

"That should be my dialogue too. It was me, who was so scared to know that you were missing for two damn days. I couldn't even breathe properly. What are you doing to me, Hayat Shah?" Abrar asked as a drop of tear rolled down his cheeks. He was crying for her. She was the first person after his twin who he has shed tears for.

"Haya, I mean." he corrected himself with a bite of his tongue whilst controlling his tears, knowing how she hates being called that.

"You can call me Hayat..." Haya mumbled as she inhaled his familiar scent. God, she missed that! She missed waking up next to him, missed having silly fights with him, missed making his tea and most importantly missed him, so much.

"Should I feel privileged?" Abrar joked as he glanced at her face, but he grinned at the same time. That must have taken a lot for her to say those words. The name Hayat was special to her and only her parents can call her that. Her words, not his. But this only meant he's equally special now.

"You should be... After my parent's death, no one was allowed to call me that and now you're an exception." Haya muttered as she stared into his deep charcoal eyes, which stared back at her with an unreadable expression.

"You're driving me insane, Hayat." she felt shivers down her spine as he said her full name so sexily. Haya was taken off guard as he kissed her suddenly. It was their second kiss after two weeks.

This kiss was nothing like the first one. While the first one was passionate and wild. This one was slow and just making sure that she was here. Haya kissed him back in the same way. Her hands roamed over his hair as he pulled her closer and deepened the kiss. His hands held her face tightly as he kissed her, at once her mouth opened and he had the taste of her mouth for the first time and their tongue battled inside and now the slow kiss has turned into a wild and passionate one. Which both of them didn't mind.

Haya's eyes widened as she realized that she didn't brush for two days straight and immediately pulled away making Abrar frown, "what?" he grunted annoyed at her interruption.

"I didn't brush," she said like it was the most obvious thing.

"So am I, it's okay. Let me kiss," he muttered with annoyance as he grabbed her face, gently. But she pulled away with a horrified face.

"That's so gross at so many levels. We can't kiss now." Haya disapproved with a shake of her head.

"Ugh, you're so annoying sometimes, Hayat Shah. Can I hug you at least?" he whined making her chuckle. Haya didn't wait to reply as she hugged him instead. It was a big tight hug.

They stayed still for a while, without saying anything, just in each other's embrace. That's the longest hug they've ever shared. But it felt good though, to be able to hold each other, after two horrible days.

In his embrace, she felt at home. And so did he.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.9K 5.1K 9
❝ Distance can't stop what's meant to be ❞ He was her best friend's brother's best friend. And she was his best friend's sister's best friend. That's...
497K 20.4K 74
She was rose in the garden filled with thornsπŸ₯€ He was the thorn that would destroy herπŸ”± Ansh & Anaya were tied in an arranged marriage. By their p...
2.3M 90K 52
Naina was an orphan with so many dreams. But had to give up those dreams due to fate. When she was forced to marry India's youngest billionaire, she...
205K 11.8K 24
❝ Who knew that her love was just right across the street ❞ Mashal Baig, 22-years-old. Everyone's favourite. A happy go girl. Believes in true love a...