Manipulation (Mondaiji)

By Leticianna

The No Names are invited to one of the most famous festival, The Festival Of Spirits. Sleeping Dragons, a com... More

Chapter 2 Festival, Spirits, and Love (Part 1)

Chapter 1: Sleeping Dragons

657 10 2
By Leticianna

In the Little Garden, millions of creatures exists. From dragons, to vampires, to even Demon Lords, this world became havens for those who escaped their bring lives. With games to play, growing communities, even powers that can escape death themselves, how could anyone call this world boring?

After all, the problem children had audaciously came into this world through a letter inviting them to this Little Garden. Helping the No Names to prosper through their disaster that happened a few years back, will they have the power to reclaim their flag back?

The Festival of Spirits are to come, and they're faced with an opponent that will cause them more trouble than ever.

"So, we were invited to a festival?" With brown hair lushing down her red dress, Merun, a fairy from an ancient guild, Kudou Asuka held the letter from Sleeping Dragons. A community that has high influences with the upper communities, they were also one of the few communities who had still remain connected with the No Names.

In the library, Jun, Black Rabbit, Sakamachi Izayoi, Lily, Leticia, and Kasukabe Yo were seated in the chair, as the letter were passed to them earlier. Izayoi, Asuka, and Yo were to definitely to go, even if Black Rabbit wouldn't allow it. As it happened several times before, incurring Black Rabbit's rage, it was an event that often happens in the community.

"Yes. The Festival of Spirits, that's where more of the citizens with special power gather, just like when we sent letters to you." Black Rabbit explained, as the three mondaijis gave eerily glows of the experience. Sweat dropping, Jin continued for her.

"We actually summoned you using the process they did for the 3 people they summoned. If I remember, one used <Wings Of Angel>, another used <Switchblader>, and the last... Sorry, I don't clearly remember the last."

"This looks like fun." Izayoi mentioned, as menacing aura surrounded the mondaijis. Black Rabbit noticed it, and looked at Jin for the final verdict. Of course, the 2 that he mentioned were safe, but Jin had a terrifying feeling about the 3rd one. For all he knew, "she" could be on par with Izayoi, who had <Gift Of Origin>. But, it was invitation by Sleeping Dragons, a long term relation.

"Since it's a relation that we have established for many years, we should go observe the community." Jin decided, as Black Rabbit slammed her head on the table, the others triumphing. Causing trouble was the mondaijis favorite activity, much to Black Rabbit dismay.

"But how are we going there?" Lily asked, her fox tail perking. Yo fiddles with her pendant, which holds her power, <Genome Tree>, which allows her to copy animals actions. It was a gift from her father, which allowed her to move due to unknown reasons. She could also talk to animals, which she use it for her pet, a calico cat.

"So you want me to open the gate for you to go to Sleeping Dragons?" With a fan in her hands, Shiroyasha skeptically looked at them. The No Names had ask her for help in teleporting to another community several times, so this was not the first time.

"Yes." Black Rabbit answered, with the others nodding. Even though No Names had completed many difficult games, they still had long to go to recover their losses. Most members of the community is fixing the dried up lands for crops to grow, enhancing production in community. The others battles in game in order to defeat Demon Lords, hence the Mondaijis.

"I can do that with ease, but, I require some payment..." Looking at Black Rabbit's chest, she slapped a fan onto Shiroyasha's head. Though, in Black Rabbit head, she wonders why Izayoi isn't joining.

Izayoi knew that Jin was hiding thing. The 3rd member, Jin knew who it was. Whoever it was, it must be a strong opponent. Besides, why would anyone fear that person?

For apparent reasons, in his head was his life before coming here, where it has happened more occurly than ever before. Little Garden was always on his mind, along with past life, but that didn't stop him from reaching his goal.

"However, even with that payment, I still don't want you to go." Shiroyasha stated, where it made everyone surprised.

"Why?" Asuka asked, piquing everyone's interest. Shiroyasha, a strong Floor Master herself, knew the strength of the Mondaijis, as well as Black Rabbit.

"Jin, you haven't explain them about the 3 people Sleeping Dragons had contracted with? Well, two technically." Jin put his head in shame, before Izayoi slapped his head. Knowing it was out of encouragement, he returned to the original position he was in.

"Only 2?" Black Rabbit confirmed, with Shiroyasha nodding.

"Those three could be on par with the humans we have here, especially with Izayoi." Explained Shiroyasha, as Lily asked next.

"Why don't you want us to go though?" Lily questioned, which surprised the others. The 3 other members weren't the problem that Shiroyasha was thinking.

"I met with Laplace a few days ago. There was a prophecy, where Sleeping Dragons will meet their downfall at the Festival of Spirits. And the Festival is important, as it settles creatures in the Underworld. Without this Festival every month, the spirits would soon enraptured themselves to Little Garden."

Everyone gasped at this news, that this can over changed the place that they had given every single thing they had in the real world. Whether if people died, boring lifestyle, they have found a purpose in the Little Garden. This world, had given them all the fun they wanted in their previous world.

"Meaning, we'll be overtaken by those spirits." Izayoi concluded. While the others gave shivers due to their last trip to the Underworld, Shioriyasha nodded at Izayoi statement.

"Sleeping Dragons are the only community who can do the ritual, as their leader uses <Sleep of Hypnos>. If the community dies off, then the Little Garden will be in wreck. "

"Then, why don't we go? After all, this seems interesting." Izayoi slammed his hand against the table, breaking it in the process. Surprising Shiroyasha not only the sudden action, but the determination of the No Names. Even after their community was destroyed by a Demon Lord, they still lived, and had triumphed many victories with the mondaijis.

She clapped her hands, and immediately the surrounding outside changed. With a serene landscape, shaped into a Japanese garden, it reminisced Izayoi about his past world.

Living in modern Japan, unlike Yo and Asuka, where one lived in also a futuristic timeline while the other living during World War, all the same it was boring. Until the letter was given.

With them walking outside to the wooden balcony, leaving Shiroyasha inside, they were astonished by the scene before them. More than 4000 citizens were crowded in the Japanese olden cities, from all over the place from millions of communities. For apparent reasons, Yo thought of this as the Bon Dance, a festival where they dance for the spirits that were to leave after spending nearly 3 days in the mortal world.

"Ara, the No Names are here." Looking at the ground, where suddenly a yellow head was spiraling fast toward them with white wings attached to the back. Backing away, the human stood on the rail, a petite girl with a frilly headband and dress, with feathery angelic wing.

"Yahallo!" Waving with a smile attached to her face, footsteps could be heard from the corner of the balcony. With black clothing, having purple rapiers equipped on his back, a Japanese man.

"Oi, Aya, could you stop moving around? I can't catch up with you, even with my gift." A deep voice was heard from the man, as he walked up to Aya, who was pouting.

"You're too slow Slaine!"

"Welcome No Names, I'm Slaine," pointing to himself, "And the immature girl is Aya."

"Slaine! Watch your mouth!" Screeching loudly, the others had to cover their ears in order to endure the screaming of the two people. Black Rabbit had only hoped for the three she had so heard to be nice and modest, unlike the Mondaijis.

"Wait.. Isn't there suppose to be one more person?" Aya questioned, as they sweat dropped as Black Rabbit asked the rest of the mondaijis, only to receive a vague answer. Turning into a pink hair right away, she jumped around all over, much to the delight of the Sleeping Dragons members.

"Izayoi did say he was going to a lake."

"Well, Izayoi did say he was going to a lake.." Asuka murmured, as Aya overheard it.

"Oh, if he was going to the lake.. Then he would have met Shion... Well, No Names, we shall be your escorts through this festival. Asuka, Yo, and Lily, may you come with me, and the rest go with Slaine?" Aya murmured at first, but soon gradually become louder, as the No Names obeyed the order.

"So this is the Golden Apple Grove..." Izayoi whispered, at he remember the myths about the Garden of Hesperides and Ladon, the 100 head dragon guardian. Unfortunately, he didn't meet the dragon, and was itching to meet Ladon soon.

The golden apples shimmered from the branches, hoping for someone to eat it. Though, the apples are cursed, as Izayoi remembered. Climbing the steep hill, rocky or not, he reached the real tree of golden apples. Laying onto the branches of the glittery tree was a blonde hair girl, with a outfit similar to Yo, though wearing a short pink skirt in return.

"How's the view up there?" Yelling at the girl, she opened her red eyes, and look at the male. Looking demeaning at each other, Izayoi knew that this must have been the third one.

"It's okay."

"This isn't the real Garden of Hesperides, isn't it." Izayoi concluded, as the girl tugged a smile.

"You're correct, Sakamachi Izayoi of the No Names. For reasons, Sleeping Dragons drafted all of the dragons so the visitors don't get terrified of the dragons. But the dragons are quite nice."

"Oh, you seen the dragons before? Sadly, that's too bad for me. But I have something else to see from here." However, like Black Rabbit clothing, you cannot see undergarments under clothing due to the magic done to it. But, she didn't get the humor.

"Yes, I have seen dragons. After all, it's the Sleeping Dragons community." Jumping down, she landed perfectly. Before the conversation could unfold, a parchment appeared before them, a Gift Game.

Gift Game: ADAM AND EVE
Game Masters:
Sleeping Dragons
List of Participants:
Every communities [Excluding Sleeping Dragons] within the grounds of Festival of Spirits
Details:
-All participants will have an escort from Sleeping Dragons
-Gifts can be used
-Participants will have Golden Apples
-Apples are to remain with the participant for the rest of the Gift Game
-Sleeping Dragons members can not win this Gift Game
-Participants must take the golden apples from other players via Gift Game
-Out of any reasons, no matter how hungry you are, you are not permitted to eat
the apple at any time.
-There are 12 Escorts in total, and they are permitted to fight.
-If participant is down, and the escort still remain, the participant still can win.
Punishment:
-Must help with the preparation of Sleeping Dragons Festival of Spirits
Participant Defeat Condition
-If Apple is taken from you, you are disqualified from the Gift Game
Participant Win Condition
-Defeat every participants of every communities
-Eliminate <Wings of Angel>, <Switchblader>, and <Devil's Advocate>
Host Defeat Condition
-Defeat all the escorts from Sleeping Dragons
-Defeat Ladon
-Defeat the <Wings of Angel>, <Switchblader>, and <Devil's Advocate>
Host Winning Condition
-None
Prizes
-<Dragon Lance>

Oath: Participating Communities in the Gift Game, swear upon your glory and flag to respect the above stated content.

[Sleeping Dragons] Seal

"Well, I put my life on you, the escort of Sakamachi Izayoi from No Names." Izayoi cordially said, as the girl tugged a smile.

"Likewise." She mentioned, as the Gift Game started for the rest of the communities standing in the Festival of Spirits.

"Let the Festival of Spirits begin!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 17.3K 23
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
290K 8.7K 95
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
204K 4.3K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
780K 29.1K 104
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...