I need you - Jimin x Reader

By bangtanxxo

"Jimin, I need you..." When y/n's life got flipped upside down 6 years ago from a fatal car accident involvi... More

Chapter 1 - Park JIMIN
Chapter 2 - Sticky Situation
Chapter 3- Goodnight
Chapter 4 - No Change
Chapter 5 - Remember
Chapter 6 - BTS
Chapter 7 - The Nightmare
Chapter 8 - The Gift
Chapter 9 - Birthday
Chapter 10 - Betrayal
Chapter 11 - Tough Reminder
Chapter 12 - Hope?
Chapter 13 - Connection
Chapter 14 - Anniversary
Chapter 15 - JJ Project
Chapter 16 - Jimin Hotel?
Chapter 17 - Panic Attack
Chapter 18 - New Project
Chapter 19 - Our Plan
Chapter 20 - Oh Dear...
Chapter 21 - Getting Ready
Chapter 22 - The Party
Chapter 23 - Success?
Chapter 24 - Why you?
Chapter 25 - Hanging Out Like Friends?
Chapter 26 - Caught
Chapter 27 - Nicknames
Chapter 28 - Taxi Ride
Chapter 30 - Kim Seokjin
Chapter 31 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 32 - Jeon Jungkook
Chapter 33 - Bowling
Chapter 34 - All Hell Breaks Loose...
Chapter 35 - Min Yoongi
Chapter 36 -Confessions?
Chapter 37 - A Hangover to Remember
Chapter - Explanation

Chapter 29 - Up Close and Personal

21 2 0
By bangtanxxo

*For people that have forgotten the dance it's above ;) Just imagine it with a lot more eye contact especially during the partner sections rather than her looking at the camera.*

*Scroll^^ Trust ME!*

After routinely waking up from the nightmare me and Jimin get ready and go straight to the dance studio.

"Ok, today is the last day so we need to make sure we look like we 'have a connection'" He states and I nod. 

He turns the music on and we get into position. Our moves flow together more and my body automatically responds to the beats, indicating to me we are pretty much ready. 

We get to the more chilled out part in the middle of the dance and we're facing each other but I look down still struggling to look him in the eye so he lightly holds my chin and lifts my head, forcing eye contact. The action makes my stomach swirl with butterflies and I gulp. 

We continue the dance without mistake until the end when he lifts me up and slowly lowers me back onto my feet, as this happens we are meant to gaze at each other intensely, but I fail once again. 

The song ends as does our dance.

"That was good but you need to look into my eyes, especially at the end." He corrects me.

I groan, "I know but it's easier said than done." 

"Ok, just imagine I'm the guy you like." He suggests, "When you look at me pretend you're looking at whoever your crush is." 

I like you, you idiot! That's why this is so hard, because it's intimidating and doing this with you makes me blush and get all nervous and excited. 

Did I just think I like him? I mean do I? I guess, up to a point. It's just a stupid crush, I'll get over it. I convince myself.

"Ok, good advice, I'll try it." I reply to get him off my back, "Let's go again."

We start all over again and this time it all comes together. I took his advice, before I was thinking of him as a dance partner but now I'm thinking of him as the guy I like. As we do all the intimate moves our gazes hold perfectly, with so much emotion. My heart speeds up as I see the look in his eyes, the way he's looking at me, no one else, just me. As the dance ends, our stares meet again, as we both look at each other seductively. It seems so wrong but so right at the same time. The music fades out and my feet touch the ground again, but my eyes linger on him as he turns away, as he breaks character. 

"That was so much better. Who is the guy?" He questions with a smirk on his face.

Flustered I look away, "Wouldn't you like to know." The confident phrase doesn't sound so bold coming from me.

"Anyway, that was perfect. If we do it like that tomorrow, we should get a good grade." 

We run it a few more times, with just as much intensity before calling it a day. 

[...]

I've showered and got changed out of the sweaty clothes and take this chance to call JB.

"Heyy." I greet.

"Hi." 

We talk about anything and everything and I even open up about my possible feelings for Jimin.

"It doesn't surprise me." He says, "I could tell as soon as we saw him with you the other night."

"Am I really that obvious?" I grumble.

"Kinda yeah." He replies bluntly, "But I doubt he knows."

"Really?" I shout hopefully.

"Yeah, people can always tell who someone's crush is unless it's them." He informs me.

"Mmm, I suppose." 

We continue to talk, keeping each other updated on life. He tells me his Grandad is doing better which is a relief and we rant about stupid, petty things like we use to. For instance;

"Don't even get me started on the vending machines."

"I know! They're so expensive." 

"Exactly and then the chocolate always gets stuck and if someone tries to tell a member of staff, they just ignore you."

After hours of non-stop chatting, both of our phones are almost dead.

"Haha, well I should go, I'm hungry and my phone's about dead." He raps up the conversation.

"Yeah, same."

"Ok, well I'll see you tomorrow y/n." 

"See you tomorrow JaeBae!" With that I hang up.

The rest of the day I spend lazing around, catching up on shows that I have missed due to my hectic, drama-filled life.

Jin came to pick up whatever it was he needed from his room whilst I was chilling out, so luckily we didn't get caught. 

[...]

Monday rolls around quickly and before I know it, I'm at school. All dance students got the day off timetable to complete the assessment.

Our teacher reads out the order, I only pay attention to 4 of the slots; JB and Jinyoung are 3rd, Jungkook and his partner are 9th, Me and Jimin are 13th and J-hope and his partner are 15th.

We all settle down to watch each other's pieces, we need to sit with our partner but other than that we are free to sit where we like so I perch myself next to JB and Jinyoung, meaning Jimin has to be here as well so Jungkook, J-hope and their companions sit next to Jimin. 

The first dance is quite good and we all clap to show support, the second dance was amazing but I think they made it too difficult because they made quite a few mistakes. 

I turn to JB and Jinyoung who are preparing to go next, "Good luck!" 

They smile at me and get up and get into their positions. The music starts and so does their dance. It's really good, showing the connection two boys have through friendship and how they always forgive each other and end up at each other's side no matter what they go through. It's quite a moving piece and they earn a big round of applause once they've finished. 

They return to their seats at the end, they got an A-, which is really good considering this teacher is very tough and the assignment had a lot of complicated details that needed to be included, making it extra hard to pass. It is the highest grade so far anyway.

We continue watching the dances and enthusiastically clapping at the good ones and clapping out of courtesy those that weren't as good. 

Eventually it's Jungkook's turn and his partner is a girl, who isn't known for being a great dancer. Luckily, the teacher can give different grades to each person in a pair if someone isn't as good as the other. 

I sit here with high expectations, at least for Jungkook.

"Don't get your hopes up." Jimin turns to me, "Jungkook said they didn't practice a lot because she annoyed him too much and he kept getting impatient with her." 

I look sympathetically at the girl, it's not her fault she isn't a natural, and with how quickly Jungkook picks up choreography it probably made her lack there of stand out more.

The music starts and I can tell this piece is meant to be a tragic love story rather than the sensual love feeling mine and Jimin's has. The dance starts and I'm pleasantly surprised at the emotion Jungkook has on his face, God damn his ability to be good at everything. His body flows with the music and he's captivating. I force my eyes to flicker to the girl before being compelled to return to Jungkook. Dancing side by side with one of the best dancers in the class just makes her mistakes and lack of musicality more obvious. They get to the partner work and surprisingly he starts leading her, and instantly her dancing improves drastically, maybe he's not a complete dickhead after all. He didn't need to do that he could've just focused on his own part of the contact work but he didn't. As soon as he leaves her side and they return to solo dancing, her dancing relapses to what it was before. 

It finishes and the teacher announces Jungkook gets an A=, whilst the girl gets a D=, at least she passed.

Partners carry on dancing and getting grades, every time a new couple goes up I get more nervous. Finally, the pair before us go on and I swear I'm about to pass out. 

Jimin touches my hand, "Hey, calm down. We've done this so many times before, you will be fine." 

I breathe deeply and process his words, letting myself relax. 

"Ok, Y/n and Jimin." The teacher calls our names and we get into position. 

*Don't forget the dance is at the top :)*

The music starts and we perform the moves fluently, I attempt to look seductive but infront of all these people I'm struggling. Jimin places his hand under my chin and lifts my head, so our eyes connect. He does it in a way that makes it look apart of the dance and this gesture reassures me enough to dance full of passion. We make no mistakes and I know we have everything included in the dance that we needed because we made sure when we choreographed it. During our solo parts we add our own styles into it and when we do the partner work our bodies move as one. 

Soon the dance is reaching it's end and the final, most intimate part is arising. As he lifts me into the air our gazes bore into each other longingly. Our stares full of immense desire, his hooded eyes captivating mine. 

Our eyes don't leave each other even when the music ends and we successfully complete our dance, we only look away when the cheers from our friends and the claps invade our ears.

"Well done to both of you, you've both successfully earned an A=." Our teacher congratulates us.

With our piece out of the way, I can finally relax and enjoy the rest of the performances. I become more eager when it's J-hope's turn. 

He got paired with a boy who's friends with BTS, although not apart of them, so I can't imagine it being a challenge for them to come up with something great.

They get into their assigned places and wait for the music to commence. As soon as it starts I can tell this is an upbeat piece and much less dramatic than the other themes have been so far, most have either consisted of a tragic story or a beautiful one or, in mine and Jimin's case, a sexy one, but this is dance is purely fun. The dance perfectly captures the essence of two friends and how they bounce off of each other, sharing energies. It's very energetic, with a lot of small but rapid movements. Honestly, I expect nothing less from the best dancer in the class. 

3 J's are all amazing but J-hope is known as their dance leader because he's without a doubt the best at hip hop, which is the style they stick to the most. However, he's not very experienced when it comes to more traditional styles like ballet or tap and what most people don't know is that Jimin studied ballet for years. So although J-hope deserves the title as dance leader, I prefer not to say he's the best dancer of the 3 because it depends what aspect you look at it from. Either way, they are all immensely talented. 

The song draws to an end and they finish up with a goofy pose, keeping character until the last second. 

The teacher praises them both, particularly J-hope before announcing, J-hope got an A=, and his partner got an A-. I couldn't fault the dance, nor J-hope's impeccable performance so I don't understand why he didn't get an A+, but this teacher has a reputation for never giving anyone full marks because he believes it will make the student stop trying. 

[...]

Sweaty and tired, we all go home immediately, luckily, not having to endure the remaining lessons. 

"You want to shower first?" I politely offer, as me and Jimin arrive back at his.

"No, we can both shower," He replies in a 'duh' tone, "We have at least one bathroom on every floor, so we can just go into separate showers at the same time."

"Ohh, right." I feel stupid after the reminder. 

Once I have finished my shower and changed into some more comfortable clothes, I take this chance to explore this huge house. 

The living spaces are in the main section of the downstairs so I don't bother going there as I have already seen the kitchen and living rooms and dining rooms etc. I weave through the long corridors, always finding a new direction to venture. I find basic rooms such as other dining rooms and bathrooms, I also stumble upon a couple of offices so I assume Mr and Mrs Park work from home sometimes. There are multiple gaming rooms and studios for dancing or singing. I even discover some very obscure rooms such as a trampoline room and another room is full of paintings and statues, similar to a museum. Before I know it, I am well and truly lost in this house, if you can even call it a house - more like a castle. 

There is no denying the Park's are filthy rich. Amazed at the architecture and designs some of these spaces have, I don't even realise someone walking towards me. I bump into a petite female.

"I'm so sorry." I apologise helping her up after bulldozing her. 

"Please, don't apologise. Are you a guest here?" The lady replies, mannerly.

"Oh, erm, I guess? I'm living here at the minute." I inform her.

"Oh." She looks shocked, "Are you exploring?" 

"Yes, I've only ever stayed in the main area of the house so I'm a bit lost to be honest."

She giggles, "I can help you find your way back." 

Grateful for the help I allow her to start leading me back to the main section of this mansion.

"How come I've never seen you working here before?" I make small talk.

"Oh, the maids here all have a different section of the house that we manage and keep clean. Megan and Krystal are the two that work in the main section so I'm assuming you have seen those two before?" She explains.

I recall the two maids I always see around the part of the house I've been to, "Oh yes, I have." My posh voice materialises, as I feel I have to be on the same level as this lady.

"I keep the area you were walking about in tidy." 

"Until you, I didn't see anyone in that area. Is it ever used?" I question, thinking about what a waste of space it is if no one ever uses it.

"Not so much at this time of the year, however, Mr Jimin's friends always stay here during the whole of summer and that's when all areas of the house are put to good use and the 6 young master's rooms." Her way of talking is so old fashioned although she only looks a few years older than me and Jimin.

"You mean BTS?" I double check.

"Yes, miss."

"You can just call me Y/n." I say, not wanting her to feel like she has to keep up the formalities around me.

She smiles sweetly at me, "Thank you, y/n." 

I smile in return and we continue walking in a comfortable silence before I break it again, "So, how big is this house?"

She half laughs as she tells me, "It's huge, I have been working here for 8 years and even I haven't seen all of it, I always gave up after ages of turning down another corridor." 

I laugh with her, "Yes, I understand what you mean. Today was my first day of exploring and it felt like a never ending maze." 

Soon we arrive back in an area I recognise near the stairs for the floor with mine and BTS' rooms.

"Can I escort you to your room?" She asks politely.

"Sure." I reply as I start leading the way.

She stops me when she realises I am going towards the 2nd floor, "Are you sure you'r going the right way, y/n? That's Jimin's bedroom's floor and his friends'. We aren't supposed to go up there." 

I simply smile at her, amused by how strict they are to the maids when I only know the kind Mrs Park and Mr Park and, now, the stupid but amazing Jimin, "My room's on this floor as well." 

She looks surprised but follows me never the less. 

"This is my room." I gesture to the purple door.

"Well, it was nice meeting you miss - I mean y/n." She beams at me.

"You too." I return the gesture.

[...]

After another long call with JB, Jimin comes into the room.

"Hey, I met one of the maids from the other sections earlier, she said BTS stay here during summer?" I question rather than state.

"Yeah, we decide to stay here because we have all the facilities here and we go on holiday for 2 weeks in February or Easter time anyway." 

"Oooo, where do you go on holiday?" I ask intrigued.

"Normally somewhere like spain." 

"Woww!" I exclaim, having never been to Spain.

"But that's one of the reasons why we need them to accept you because if you're still here when summer rolls around, they will be staying in the same house as you." He reminds me.

"Jimin?" I call and he hums, "Do the other boy's rooms reflect their personalities?" 

"What do you mean?" The said boy furrows his eye brows.

"I just mean, can you tell what sort of person they are from their rooms? Or are they all pretty similar? Like mine is customised for me, because of the purple and it shows my childish side but also my serious side." I reinforce.

"Yeah, I guess they do up to a point." He says, just boosting my curiosity as to what the 6 untouchable rooms look like.

----------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you :)

Thank you for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it. I'm sorry it was quite long and boring but these sorts of chapters are essential for the rest of the story. Hopefully, the next one will be more interesting. 

Thank you - Bangtanxxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 173 38
"A dancer dies twice, but the first death is the most painful" Book 4 in the 2026 series is actually a prequel, and begins in 2025. Jimin is 31, out...
12.5K 708 28
"The real game begins here." Yang y/n was living with her mom after her father's death. Until one day, her mother decided to marry a guy she fell in...
1.3K 36 8
This the in between moments of my text story I post on YouTube. Hope you enjoy! Jungkook is under control in order to protect Jimin he has to follow...
3.1K 154 32
Yn- You killed him with your own hands, she was traumatized because of you yet I decided to marry you. ??- And what your parents did they both kille...