Soft Spot | NaeGiri

By StreetArtistAkali

For years, The future foundation and its mysterious ways have carved a sense of justice and peace in society... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 9

1.9K 46 79
By StreetArtistAkali

Both of them were sound asleep, Hand in hand as they slept. Sunlight shining through the windows as every cloud ceased and it was a bright morning.

Even if the two were both still in their sleep, The same couldn’t be said for the small female taking pictures of them and giggling evilly. She was only a child after all so she didn’t know just how much of an invasion of privacy this was for actual adults.

Komaru snickered as she was now recording the sleeping partners.

“Here we have a big brother and his admirer who showed up last night, Going through the rain just for him. Aren’t they so lovey-dovey?” She asked into the phone.

“She even slept with him, Isn’t that so cute?” She said with a giggle.

Kirigiri opened a single eye, It widened in fear at what she’d seen.

“Kid, Delete anything you took of this and you won’t walk out of this house in handcuffs.” She whispered Afraid of waking the male next to her as she let go of his hand, The warmth disappearing as an almost dull expression painted her face when glancing at Naegi’s sister.

“But you two seem so happy together, What do you even do together?” She asked, sitting on the floor while her eyes were glued to Kyoko who was attempting to silently fix her bedhead.

“Classified, Don’t pry in on adult life please.” She murmured, Stroking a sleeping Naegi’s cheek.

Kyoko shivered slightly as she glanced at her gloves and recalled the dream she’d had prior to awakening.

Voices ringing in her head made her hold her head slightly.

“Komaru was it? Leave us for a moment.” She whispered, Trembling as she squeezed the sheets tightly.

Watching the door shut Kirigiri then hung her head lowly, Gritting her teeth in frustration. She was never one to lose composure over something so petty. 

Nightmares were a rare occurrence for her but made her feel terrible as it was almost the same thing over and over again which only annoyed her. Kyoko laid back, Wiping sweat from her forehead while letting out a soft sigh.

“Uhm. G-good morning.” A soft mumble came from Naegi who was face first in his pillow, Eye looking towards the female who was a slight ball of nervousness.

Kirigiri shook her head and only scooted away slightly.

“Morning.” She said before getting out of the bed and stretching.

“How's that dumb wound?” She asked while grunting and shaking her head.

Naegi sat up, Holding his stomach while in deep thought.

“It’s easier to move without much pain so no more constant painkillers from that girl in the other division that wears a weird mask.” 

“You mean Seiko?” She replied, Glancing back at the male who was getting out of bed as well. 

Kyoko was still in uniform while he was in normal clothing. 

“Yeah, now go do what you need to do and get into standard uniform. We have work to do once the time is right. I’ll be driving myself home now that I don’t have to worry about the rain.” 

A slight frown formed on his lips as he nodded and opened his closet, Grabbing another folded standard uniform and his jacket off of the hanger.

“Now if you’ll excuse me I have to um… Shower ya know.” 

Hearing this, The female detective could have sworn both of them were blushing. Scooping up the gift she’d been given Kirigiri had awkwardly shuffled to the side.

“Thank you for that comfort last night, It’s nice knowing you have a family to protect and stuff.” She whispered, Crossing her arms.

Naegi sat his things down before grinning widely, Barely awake.

“Anything for my partner, Let’s solve this case and continue to work hard.” He said with a large bundle of enthusiasm as he walked past her, Knowing it was better off for her to go on her own.

She didn’t know what made her do it but she instinctively grabbed onto his wrist, stopping Makoto dead in his tracks as he turned his head.

“Do you mind showering back at my place and we just head in together?”

This comment made him tense up as he yanked his arm away with a sigh, He didn’t know what brought on this attitude.

Naegi almost didn’t like it.

Sighing softly, Makoto knew he’d have to explain where he disappeared off to than his regular routine seeing as a girl came by at night and they didn’t even know what they’ve truly done in the shadows.

“But what then? I’d have to explain to my parents when we head out.”

“You’re an adult, dumbass. Use your head and not your caring heart,” Kyoko snapped harshly while letting go and looking away.

“Fine, let’s leave for your place. I just need a bag for the uniform and all the secret stuff we carry on hand, especially that gun me and Togami got customized.” Naegi said as he collected his belongings and sat it in a backpack.

A soft snort escaped her mouth as she shook her head.

“It’s just a revolver for you to have, ever since that incident that caused you to have all of that medical stuff done you’ve been different. A bit more reckless which I won’t let stand. Recklessness gets people killed so this is just protection.” She murmured, keeping her gaze away from the male.

He let out a tired gasp.

“It’s an S and W that I had modified and painted.” He huffed while spinning it in his hand.

The revolver itself was small with a stub-nose, Hammer shroud, and was painted black steel with a light purple glowing finish. Its handle was a dark oak wood grip that was sanded down for an easy hold. Barely any recoil when practicing on targets in his free time.

No matter how sick to his stomach holding a weapon made him, Naegi knew he needed to do it. Eliminate the enemy despite the thought of blood on his hands.

Eventually, Kirigiri dragged him out of the house and they walked in silence. Naegi stumbled along the gravel before they got to the main pathway in which he held himself together while Kyoko was storming forward while like a block of ice he couldn’t touch or reach out to. 

Naegi waved at a few children playing in the street despite it being a bit early.

“What made you bring me with you?” He asked as he reached out to touch her shoulder which seemed tenser than he’d ever seen. 

She was in an angered and on edge stride.

“Just so you won’t oversleep,” Kyoko lied as she huffed and turned the corner towards her household. Truthfully she just didn’t want to be alone right now but Naegi didn’t need to know that.

She unlocked the door and quickly shoved it away, Hearing it hit the door made Naegi flinch as objects rattled.

He’d only seen her like this on the first day they met which scared him.

“I’ll shower first, don’t burn the place down while I’m showering.” 

Disappearing to grab clothing, Kyoko let out a sigh of almost relief. She was safe and at home despite the soft-hearted dumbass downstairs.

Upon coming out of the shower, She was in utter shock that snapped her out of her deep thoughts.

Kyoko’s eyes rested upon Naegi with a black apron on, even if it didn’t suit him at all.

On the kitchen table laid two cups for either coffee or tea which he had at the counter and a small breakfast on the table which he’d made himself since she took at least half an hour just to do her daily routine.

“Since we skipped a meal at my house I thought I’d cook for both of us, dunno how you like your eggs so ones scrambled while the other is cooked normally, Sausage and bacon like my mom usually made too, oh and the seasonings and have been sat out.” 

Kyoko felt her hands tighten into balled fists as she stomped over to Naegi whose back was to the countertops. 

“Wh-What did I-I do?” He asked nervously, swallowing hard. He expected a hard punch to his wound which felt like normal at this point unless hit that is. 

Instead, the brunette male was met with arms wrapped around his waist for a small whisper.

“Thank you, they never did this for us. Neither did my parents.” 

Makoto’s face was a bright red as he didn’t wrap his arms around her due to the sheer embarrassment.

She pulled away, Clearing her throat and looking away as she sat down and went back to her calm composure.

“Yeah, No problem. Just trying to help out before whatever happens today since its nothing but an adventure for us no matter what day it is,” He said, grimacing as he glanced at his abdomen.

“Let’s just eat up before we’re supposed to report anything new.” Naegi spouted cheerfully while ignoring the slight glances from her eyes as she dug in with proper silverware and made her own cup of tea.

“Not bad for someone so set on luck instead of actual training.” 

He huffed in response, tossing a collection of money onto the table. 

“That’s for using what you own here. I’m sorry if none of it was to your liking. Mind giving 5 stars to chef Naegi?” He asked which made her let out a chuckle.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The pair of detectives arrived at the main building, brushing past several people in separate divisions who were working on missions of their own. In the true leader’s words, they were keepers of the peace, not soldiers. Most of they’re work overlapped police forces and anything else as 14 branches panned around the world itself. 

“Surprised those two, one-sided love birds aren’t here yet. Either that, early morning training.”

Kyoko snickered in response, adjusting her uniform casually as she had a clear idea of where they could be but didn’t think Naegi was in the mood to watch training dummies get cut to pieces.

“Elevator.” She replied while lifting a finger.

“Huh?” He tilted his head in confusion before she was already pridefully strolling to the elevators, many people actually stopping and giving her salutes. Was she really this popular in the foundation when it came to classified cases?

“H-Hey! Wait for me!” The brown-haired male pleaded as he ran for her, Painfully stumbling past other people before entering the thick glass interior walls which were the elevators. 

Pain coursed through his chest, barely able to breathe while hunched over as the elevator began its descent. He knew not to push himself, But a stairway was no way to help himself. It was luck that made his nerves not turn him into a brain dead dumbass considering how he recovered from all that had happened.

“Looks like the oh so built Makoto is lacking in actual exercise after all that stuff he did.” She teased as she straightened her lavender hair, brushing the bangs from her eyes as she flinched when her hand came into contact with her forehead. Perhaps she needed a tailor from the foundation or some random place to fix up her gloves since it felt like they might be wearing down a bit.

“That’s… Not true, I’m just not supposed to run that fast. I nearly pushed over a guy who looks like he hadn’t slept in a week or two.” Naegi was practically wheezing and had to hold onto the railing to avoid collapsing before the elevator halted and its steel doors open.

“Yeah, Whatever.” 

Kyoko continued to walk out of the small entrance and shift her eyes from the blackened glass and metal walls, Pondering what was in each room as her pupils constantly shifted from each room before stopping at the exact room Fukawa and Togami stayed in for her daily training.

If she could fully control her alternative personality, She’d become an official member. Even if her power that murdered people was in good hands, Her punishment which she begged for and Kyoko helped in was basically Togami being her keeper since she’d grown fond of the man hunting her down to a point she gave up all for him.

Using her digital notebook, Kirigiri sighed reluctantly as she entered the almost gymnasium like room, followed by Naegi whose mouth gaped at the large room. 

An obstacle course with practice life-sized dolls and several other things made for Togami to train Fukawa and keep her under control as nothing more than a weapon.

Fukawa was practically a blur as she hopped from one small ledge to the other, cutting through the nape of several necks belonging to the practice dolls and twirling about in her dress. She was careful not to upskirt Togami who leaned against the wall, sleeve rolled up as he glanced at his watch and back at the now genocider Syo before him.

The murderous female emitted a loud laugh as the final dummy was slain, ringing a bell at the top while putting her decorated scissors away after twirling them in victory.

“I did it master Togami!” She shouted before sneezing and hopping down.

The girl all three of them saw was back to normal.

“How was that? Did I do better with the entire obstacle course?” She asked repeatedly as Togami was marking down her new time.

“You started at 3 minutes, unable to focus on anything but me. Your other side surely has shown improvement.” He mumbled, Adjusting his glasses without properly congratulating her.

This earned a slight jab in the rib from Naegi as he exhaled.

“I’m proud of you.” The blonde said softly, rolling down his sleeve before slender arms wrapped around him tightly as he frantically pulled away.

“Not in front of the guests!” He shouted, in a slight panic.

Naegi covered his mouth to hinder his laughter which soon escaped as the teal pupil male growled.

“Oh really? Laughing at this?” He asked while pulling the affectionate female away.

“Tell me, Junior detective. Who’s your significant other? Ice heart did you allow him in here?” He asked.

“I don’t quite have one yet. Dealing with a lot right now so I’m too busy, I have to be like you guys.”

All three looked at Naegi, puzzled at why he would use that last part.

“Like us? You’re your own person. I still call 50 bucks on it being that model you apparently fancy.”

Hearing such a remark from Togami made his face a bright red as he tried to object to what was directed at him.

“I’ve only encountered her once, I don’t find a romantic attraction to famous people.”

“Then explain the magazines Kirigiri found at your house, They weren’t porn but you do seem to idolize the woman.”

He looked down, frantically shaking his head.

“Nope! We are not having this conversation.”

“What about Celestia from that diner? Do you fancy girls in maid dresses?” Kyoko joined in with a snicker.

His head was spinning as it felt like he was being attacked. Naegi was getting that feeling of overwhelming anxiety now and couldn’t handle it at all despite anything on his stomach.

“Fine then, I’m not romantically attracted to anyone right now, never have been.” 

Togami shifted his gaze to Naegi’s partner.

“Can you vouch for that?” He asked jokingly.

Kyoko rolled her eyes in response. 

As Makoto backed into the wall in fear and overwhelming shame that he felt, A crucial item to him fell out of a pocket and onto the concrete floor. 

His pills.

“What are those?” Kiri asked while reaching for the bottle before it was picked up by Naegi who quietly hid the scribbled label.

“They’re my pain pills.” He lied and put them back in his pocket.

Giving a skeptical and worried look, She quickly turned her head back to the other pair.

“Don’t tease him too much, He’s been through a lot.” This time she was more protective than teasing, A feeling in her gut made her feel like she knew what those pills were for. Not suicide or any form of overdose, maybe just actual pain pills like he said. She was too curious and worried about her partner. Something she never expected.

Naegi made a spinning motion before wobbling.

“Oh the pain!~” He whined mockingly which earned snickers from the others.

He made his way to the door before doing a single thing.

Run.

He knew eventually he’d get questioned and didn’t want to stick around for that, it actually scared him more than death. Getting crowded by 3 people isn’t what he felt like doing today.

Kiri and he already had orders to examine the populace undercover if this is where most of the murders were springing up. He knew he needed air and could gladly do it alone.

He didn’t know how much his abdomen or now burning lungs could take as all 3 called out to him, Togami scolding Kirigiri and them ending up arguing over pushing him over the edge in embarrassment. 

Gasping for air at the final flight of stairs that led to outside, He let out a sigh of relief and stumbled outside, going past the parking lot and using his digital notebook to get away and into the city.

He frantically undid the lower portion of his suit as he felt that his wound could actually breathe, His tie undone and his hair a mess. 

Naegi wiped the sweat from his face and leaned against a pole as he looked into the inner pocket of his coat and grabbed a large digital camera and put it around his neck before attempting to walk properly.

He scanned the streets for anything abnormal or threatening to the public as he knew he needed fresh air so why not practice photography for his sister to see? Excluding the dead bodies, he might have to analyze at any form of crime scenes.

“Psst, You’re that Naegi guy from the bank robbery someone tried pulling right?” A voice called out from nearby.

As much as he needed air, surely he didn’t need to see anyone who could cause him more trouble.

Naegi shifted his head weakly, Yawning.

“That’s correct, Who’s asking?” 

“Your favorite model from what I’ve heard.” The female said, grinning as she held a hand to her face, Glancing at him with one eye. 

“Junko?!” He gasped out before choking.

“In the flesh, good to see a familiar face while I’m out in the public.”

He eyed her up and down, Junko was dressed in more different attire for once unlike most of her modeling.

Ripped denim jeans, a baggy silk white shirt, and a blue bow tied in the middle. Her hair down for once, makeup still present.

“Wanna hang out, You aren’t exactly proper paparazzi chasing me down for pictures and autographs.” She strolled over to him, lifting up his camera with a sneer before letting it back down.

To Naegi, She was too close for comfort but didn’t mind. It’s not like he wanted to be with anyone so maybe they can just be friends.

“Sure, Any idea where you wanna go?” He asked, watching her hair blow in the breeze as his eyes widened. Was this the beauty of a model?

She felt like an entirely different person.

That was the point to Mukuro, She was playing her role perfectly. Keep this up for enough encounters and she could just eliminate him once his guard is down.

Naegi ignored the constant vibrations coming from his phone and waited for a response.

“There is a Carnival in town, We could walk there and hope I don’t get spotted.”

“But wouldn’t it only be right for me to pay for it and stuff. I’m sure what they have there would be nice.”

“I’ll pay.” She smiled brightly.

Mukuro would surely murder this boy. His on and off switch for stillness and a form of happiness is what her sister forced her to hate. 

“Perfect! Thanks so much.” Naegi beamed, grabbing Mukuro’s hand as they brushed past people on the sidewalk.

“There’s Naegi, Make him stop!” A voice called out.

“Shit.” He whispered.

“Did those people say your name?” She asked, Already knowing she could get info out of him if they were close enough.

“Nope, not at all.” He ran faster until they entered the Carnaval, Mukuro paying for the fee as they disappeared into the crowd and he let go of her hand with a sigh of relief.

“So what do we do now?” She asked softly, trying to play the soft side of her twin sister.

“Whatever you want.” He grinned as he gazed at what was in front of them. 

Several booths, Rides, indoor arcades, places for food. It was almost endless.

“Wanna try the ring toss game? I’m not as strong as someone who can easily run that fast but I would like a bear for my small stuffed animal collection. I hear it’s exclusive from some game called Danganronpa.”

Naegi was internally screaming deep down, The pain was insufferable but bore it so he could relax somehow. Concerning the fact he ran away on his own accord, his fear was skyrocketing.

“Sure. I’m pretty sure it’s like a dollar just for a few rings,” he said with a chuckle, new to doing anything like this.

As she handed the man at the booth the amount of cash they needed, Mukuro handed Naegi the rings.

He twirled one in his finger before tossing it perfectly, He made it land around the bottle perfectly which made her eyes widen.

Tossing the rest of the rings, Naegi landed 5 out of 6 of the total shots he’d had which made her fake contact covered eyes glimmer with excitement.

“You did it!” She chirped happily while pointing towards the prize she’d requested beforehand.

A large yet bizarre stuffed bear, One half was black, the other was white.

“To the great model hidden in plain view.” He bowed as she plucked it from his hands and held it in her arms with a grin.

“Honestly, Shouldn’t you be doing this with your friends?” She asked, hugging it tightly.

Hearing that made him freeze up completely.

He ran away for relaxation which turned into a makeshift date with a model, it wasn’t even planned.

“They’re busy with stuff like the report for the case from a few days ago.”

Another lie, Mukuro wanted to kill him as she wasn’t getting exactly what she wanted.

“They teased me for no love interest, plus all the taking pictures is hard work even if I don’t write anything. I just want to know I’m apprecia-” He was silenced by a mouthful of blue cotton candy and a snickering Mukuro behind the small bundle.

“So there’s a bit of divide and secrets between you?” She asked.

Swallowing hard, he gave a soft nod.

“Truth is, I tried the police force. Gave up on my first day due to just how much I could take. It’s why I take special pills which I have to hide.” He mumbled as he watched the female nibble on her cone of cotton candy happily.

“I’m so sorry for you, keeping secrets ruins friendships, you know that right?”

Mukuro sneered in the back of her mind, He was definitely being honest which made things even easier, excluding the police force part that is.

“Let’s just relax until the evening, I have diet pills so all this sugar won’t do a damn thing to my sexy body.” She chirped while shaking her body jokingly.

Mentally the female gagged inside, Her sister took on many personas and she had to keep a cute one at all times.

“That sounds good to me.” He murmured, giving into the offer placed before him. Makoto knew going back after what was seemingly a walk and getting spotted was a death wish.

Mukuro grabbing his hand had taken him by storm as he was quickly lead to the food booths.

Naegi was scanning the crowd in fear, realizing he didn’t need the pills around her which put his heart at a somewhat ease.

“Have you ever had powdered funnel cake?” She asked as she held up what she spoke of.

Chucking nervously, The detective shook his head no before she peeled off a piece which was put to his mouth as she frowned.

“Eat it.”

He took the piece of the treat into his mouth, powder dusting his mouth as she’d come in and wiped his mouth with a napkin.

“Gotta feed you like a baby.”

Naegi huffed in response.

“I’ll have you know that I'm just nervous, that's all.”

Once finished, Mukuro tossed what the treat was holding into the trash bin and pondered where to go.

Meanwhile Naegi had used his camera to take a few pictures of Mukuro herself and a few other things. He had to keep up the photojournalist act somehow.

It was nice and relaxing, the breeze and being interactive with her and others as he’d always been the one to want to make friends but the entire organization changed that.

“There's a pool but neither of us have a change of clothes, How about the arcade? I wanna get some collectables with more tickets. Then there's a little secret thing we can do. If we get through the tarps and metal fencing I know a hill perfect for the sun set so we can watch it.” She explained, hand on her hip with a small smile.

Why must it have all been an act? 

Mukuro was actually questioning in the back of her mind what if things were different and she didn’t have to murder him at one point.

“Sounds like a plan, boss.” He sneered which earned him a slug to the shoulder, this actually hurt for a girl who was just a model to him.

“Jeez, Do you toughen yourself in case there's perverts around?” He asked, rubbing his shoulder.

She put a hand to her mouth.

“Oops, I went overboard.” She said nervously, playing with her hair.

Naegi felt like there was something off but ignored it and snickered while bolting for the arcade despite the pulsing pain in his scarred flesh.

The female ran past him instantly, almost like she was a super soldier.

Both entered the building and were greeted by flashing lights and music as she stood taller and whispered slightly.

“Beat you.”

Hearing that put a shiver down his spine, she definitely had a way with words.

“Lets just have fun.” Naegi replied, Staying firm.

Both looked at a device where you could spin a wheel and possibly get at least 1,000 tickets. It was worth the risk of just getting some.

Naegi shoved a five dollar bill in and waved his hand for the female.

“Go on ahead if you think you can beat me at everything.” He taunted as she stood forward and slammed down the device that was supposed to be pulled.

Like luck was on both of their sides, She’d scored 1,000 instantly.

What happened next felt like cloud nine as both played together, even if she was acting. Mukuro genuinely felt happiness rather than despair. It was great.

Mukuro and Naegi had decided to put their tickets together and get another Monokuma bear but smaller and a real combat knife which she’d given Naegi as a joke.

After going to almost everything available and Naegi running out of film in his camera, Both ended up at the tarp covering the fencing.

Mukuro hopped over just fine while Naegi struggled and scratched his shirt, revealing the wound slightly.

Finally sitting down, she’d popped the question.

“You could have done this with any of them to let them see you have a loving personality, so why not pick one of them?” 

He looked down, hands brushing against the grass as he was in deep thought. Truly he had no real answer to give.

“I don’t know, I just felt attacked. My anxiety controlled myself and I couldn’t stop my own body from going away. My thoughts dwell on them but I’ve ignored any text or phone call i've gotten.”

“I see, try making it up to them for me, will you?” She asked while hugging him gently before pulling away.

Nodding, they laid back in silence.

“Hey, Naegi? Thank you for today, I needed it.” She lied through her teeth, even if she did enjoy watching him squirm and make up lies.

“No problem, I’m going to get my ass kicked for not showing up and getting any photos except of you so you could get them and use them rather than having another dumb modeling day where guys stare at you like eye candy.”

Mukuro smirked softly, swiping his phone from his pocket and putting in her number.

“Send them from here, I’m sure we can meet again at some point.” 

“I’d like that.” he put his phone back in his pocket while rubbing his neck gently.

As they both exited the now nearly closing place of fun, She rummaged through her bag.

“Take the monokuma bear. Put it somewhere nice and maybe even make it be a model like me so you can report that it's haunted or something.”

His arms were met with a soft plush as he smiled.

“Thanks miss, I’ll be sure to see you around.” 

Mukuro gagged, a part of her truly meant all of that which was said. She did enjoy that. If only for a few hours but it felt nice that she did something other than be a false puppet to her sister which she still was. Yet the fact her heart felt different wasn’t any different.

Entering the facility, most of the members were off on their own while making preparations for what had yet to come.

“I tailed you while you were out.” A female voice came from the shadows.

Mukuro was removing her wig and tossing it onto a table while setting her bag down.

“I don’t care.” She grumbled, kicking off her shoes.

“You’ve gone soft.” A female emerging from the corner spat. Her silver hair was straightened perfectly, Glasses were huge rims and a sword at her back.

Hearing this, Mukuro grabbed the knife under her skirt and twirled it.

Dashing forward, metal met metal as the swordswoman had blocked the smaller blade.

“Do you really want to warm up with me or are you angry that I was right? It’s almost like you wish you were like your sister.”

The supersoldier growled, delivering a kick to the female's stocking covered knee and grinding the blade upward.

She dived to the side as Peko’s blade hit the ground.

Her contacts fell off as onyx pupils glared at the female. 

“Keep talking and I’ll kill you. She put me up to this so I couldn’t do a damn thing.” Mukuro spat.

“If you think I wanted this, you’re wrong.” 

Both walked their separate directions, Once returning to the future foundation building, Not only was Naegi met with scissors to his cheek which resulted in a cut, Kirigiri had backhanded him. No matter how much it hurt both of them.

As Naegi was once again scolded, Mukuro was busy getting rid of her sisters looks with a sigh, She’d definitely use him. But would it feel right in the end? Yes, it would, It would make her sister happy.

“You absolute buffoon, We didn’t mean to upset you but you don't just go AWOL for several hours and come back expecting a happy greeting!” Togami shouted in frustration while Kyoko remained silent after smacking the brunette male.

“This calls for drastic measures. Fukawa, please clean the wound on his cheek. We’re resorting to drastic measures.” She turned on her heel and disappeared through the corridor.

“So why’d you run off?” The female asked, Dabbing his cheek while Togami sat down and sighed.

Naegi frowned.

“I was anxious, Okay?” He huffed softly as she smacked on a band-aid and he got up.

“Which is what those pills are for? I did research from my office while you were away, That partner of yours was worried sick. Those pills are for almost PTSD like symptoms, I got a good look after all.”

Makoto swallowed hard as a round, steel collar was locked around his neck.

“A tracking device from the general, Lets both have a little chat before he fucking kicks you out. Reckless idiot.” She murmured, Sounding like she had cried while he was out having fun with someone he apparently idolized.

“I already told you I’m sorry, I got sidetracked and tried doing some investigating of my own since I just wanted to be like you.” 

Her eyes widened as her body refused to falter, shoving him forward.

Both made their way to the main office at the top of the spire in silence.

Naegi collected his thoughts and kept a clear head. He was ready to explain he was still doing their assigned mission on his own. 

As they reached the office, two members were saying something about General Magath ordering a new chair for himself when the large one he had seemed fine enough. 

Naegi felt a chill up his spine, Something felt wrong. This wasn’t right at all. 

He tackled Kyoko down before she could grasp the handle.

The office erupted into a ball of fire, Shrapnel, and now melted steel.

Their ears were met with pure ringing and the sound of screaming.

As she shoved him off, both looked down under.

For everyone to see, the general laid on the ground dead, Limbs scattered about, an arm was stuck in the metal spiked fencing, His body scarred from the instantaneous flames and explosion.

This was no accident or suicide.

His body was in absolute ruin.

Despair had entered what was supposed to be a spire of hope. 

Naegi’s luck once again saved them, for better or for worse. Whatever happens next would be shrouded in darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 5,690
A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed the clusterfuck this chapter was. I just wanted to show the relationship of both sides. We're finally entering the Arc of despair. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 122 18
Kyoko Kirigiri, The Former Ultimate detective, it had been 10 years since she left Hope's Peak, Where she fell for an outgoing Exited boy Filled with...
152K 2.3K 15
Kyoko Kirigiri is a quiet girl by day and by night she's a Detective. Makoto Naegi is your average high school boy. When a new murderer arises will t...
664 21 12
Nagito is seen as your normal teenage ultimate lucky student caring deeply for both his sisters just like normal people would do until he finds out t...
25.3K 664 13
Makoto Naegi is a rising star in the acting community and Kyouko Kirigiri is a rising detective. When Hopes Peak graduates start to get murdered will...