The Alpha's Angel

By Angie8177

When spirited Angel, Hannah is cast down from the heavens for her disobedience, she stumbles into the path of... More

Note to reader
Intro
Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Update
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Hey!!!
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 42

1.4K 96 18
By Angie8177

Bright morning sunlight danced across her closed eyes. It slowly brought her out of her heavy sleep. She closed and opened them several times, clearing the foggy vision to reveal their brightly colored bedroom. She shifted some and winced at the soreness between her thighs as she sat up. She brought up the sheets at her waist to cover her bare breasts as she slowly sat up.

"Maddox?" she called out softly.

No response.

She drooped back slowly over the soft sheets, then stretched some and paused as the memory of last night came floating back to her mind. Last night's lovemaking definitely left her exhausted.

"Remember, it was not all you that put in the work," With a knowing smirk, Mia stretched and yawned before turning away and closing her eyes.

Hannah looked away and smiled shyly. She lay there for sometime reminiscing about what transpired between her and Maddox. She inhaled deeply and stretched her well-sated limbs before slowly sitting up and looking around once more. Everything felt sharper and keener she noticed. Could it be from their bond now that Mia was claimed? She wondered.

She slowly slid off the warm inviting fluffy comforter and dropped the sheet on her way to the bathroom. Beneath the warm stream, she indulged in the sensation of it beating against her skin and massaging the slight aches out of her limbs. When she finally dried off and dressed, she went in search of Maddox.

The air in the house lacked his familiar scent. But she could feel him which meant he had not been in the house for some time and...he did not sleep beside her last night. She brushed away that new thought. He had forgiven her. That much she understood.

"So why did he not sleep in their bed?" She frowned.

She stepped through the patio doors and inhaled the fresh air and all the scents that came with it. It was a new feeling, she felt revitalized and different. She followed the voices and the scents to the far end of the yard to the building in the corner. It was the, cellars, Maddox had called it. And that was where his scent began.

She walked around the large concrete structure that had a metal door. She frowned noticing his familiar scent and another's. Her hair on her neck stood as she slowly stood before the door that was slightly open.

" I wouldn't go in there," Mia warned.

Inquisitive as she was, Hannah ignored Mia and slowly entered. Suddenly engulfed in darkness and the ominous scent of humidity, earth and ...something else she could not describe, she forged on down the dark corridor following the scent.

Her skin prickled with the air growing dank and cold. The slight clinging of chains pulled her in the direction to her left at a bend until she heard Maddox's voice. She got close enough to the low lit room where three pack members stood guard at the far wall. Her gaze landed on Maddox's back. The sudden urge to get closer to him waned as her gaze fell to the figure sitting on the floor, shackled in chains. Drawn to such a sight she stepped closer and stopped. Her gaze in shock landed on the feeble human on the floor speaking to Maddox. He looked familiar. But he was different.

" Would she be willing to do such a thing. To let him bite her the way that I did?" He asked Maddox.

She frowned. Maddox shook his head and she could feel his disgust and anger slowly rising.

"Over my dead body will ever let anyone toucher." Maddox murmured.

She couldn't understand why this human would suggest such a thing. She looked at him some more until he looked up to Maddox fully and the little light in the room illuminated his face.

Suddenly, dawning misted her eyes with tears.

Dante?

She gasped. Maddox whirled around to face her. Silence engulfed them all as her legs shakily pulled her forward.

"Hannah," Maddox stepped before her; blocking her view. But it was too late. She had walked around him and dropped to her knees before Dante.

Unable to speak, shock and confusion was all she felt. He looked aged and weak. Shaky fingers rose up to touch his cheek. She drew in a deep breath. He did not feel cold to the touch. She snatched her hands back as his tired eyes filled with sorrow held hers.

Then suddenly, he slowly smiled.

"I take it I am no longer a handsome looking beau?" he chuckled softly.

But Hannah could do nothing but observe him. She gently lowered her hands over his and brought them up to observe them.

"What happened to you, Dante?" with utter dismay she held back her tears that were threatening to fall.

"Hannah..." Maddox stepped forward.

It bothered him to see her like this. Mia in utter dismay warily backed away with surprise. Koda whined and paced as he felt her confusion and sadness along with Hannah.

"I'm aging," he whispered.

"But how?" she inched closer, seeking answers.

"Dante?" Maddox began but stopped as Hannah gazed up at him.

"It's alright. It's best if she knows," Danté shook his head and exchanged a wary glance with the Alpha. "She will eventually understand how...my circumstance is important."

She frowned and looked up to Maddox then looked over to Dante. "Circumstance?" she looked at him and waited for him to continue.

The hairs on Maddox's skin stood on end as he worriedly stood by and listened as Dante danced lightly around an explanation for his condition. To outright say that she was the cause would be a bad a idea. Explaining the intricacies of how the blood of his kind and Hannah's was not compatible was a smart move that he gave credit to Dante for.

"I did this to you?" Hannah sobbed in disbelief.

"No, no Angel," Dante slowly reached for her and pulled her close. "I did this to me. I am to blame for crossing a line I had no business crossing.

She shook her head and sobbed as he inched closer. Her gaze softly danced over his fading features. His greying hair, the lines that crinkled at his eyes.

" Stolen time is catching up. I've cheated death a thousand times over." He rubbed her fingers gently.

He tilted her chin up and wiped a tear away with his thumb. "Don't cry. None of this is your fault. Understand?"

More tears began to role down her cheek as she nodded. She felt the sudden brush of warmth and love from Maddox and suddenly Koda as he brushed slowly against Mia.

She looked over her shoulders and held his gaze before standing and quietly walking to him.

"I..., " she began to speak but could not finish. The immense sorrow and guilt that poured over her was too much. An emotion she did not understand but had to endure. And Maddox felt every bit of it down to the marrow of his bones.

He pulled her close and wrapped his arms around her.
"It's not your fault." He assured her.

She shut her eyes and focused on the tone of his voice. The pureness of his words. The truth. It was not her fault.

It did not change the way she felt. It was hard to imagine what her blood was capable of doing. It was both pure and deadly at the same time.

She was pure and deadly at the same time.

He slowly pulled her along until they were out of the cellar. She said nothing as she followed him into the house up to their room. There out of sight from all that could hear her, She wept in his arms. He soothed away her troubled thoughts as much as he could but there was still doubt there. She sat cradled in his lap and after sometime of silence, her sobs quieted down to slow breaths. He tilted her head up and peered down at her face. He brushed away a loose tendril from her face and gently wiped away at the streeks of tears on her cheek. He was not in agreement with what Dante' suggested. It would be suicide. He didn't give a damn if she was capable. She was his mate. Protecting her was his life.

'Alpha, Raphael and Michael are here.' one of the wolves mindlinked.

'I'll be down in a second."

He held her for just a while longer before standing and placing her beneath the sheets. He leaned in slowly and brushed his lips on her cheek and left, gently closing the door shut.

He walked quickly down the hall, and down the steps to the living room where Michael stood before Raphael. They turned to face Maddox the minute he entered.
It was evident that their presence was beginning to be a familiar thing but it still put his pack on edge. Heavenly beings or not, they still wielded powers that could end a life with the snap of a finger. No fight, no fuss.

"What information have you gathered from the vampire?" Michael asked as he turned to face him.

"The vampire as you know is no longer a vampire. He..." Maddox began but paused as Raphael stepped closer.

Deep down, he knew what Danté spoke of. But he said it with so much hope for an end to this madness.
She is the key.

Her blood is the key.

"Although he suggested it, I'm not on board with this." He shook his head.

"With what?" Raphael asked calmly.

Maddox slowly raked his hands through his hair and caressed his neck; trying to rub the knot and tension out of it.

"Danté has this notion that Hannah's blood will have the same affect on the Demon King as it did on him. It could either kill him or turn him human." Maddox shook his head. Unable to fathom the idea.

Michael remained silent. But Raphael immediately began to disagree.
"That is not an option." He insisted.

"But it may work, " Michael said solemnly calm.

"Not a chance, " Maddox and Raphael said at once.

"She is my daughter. I will not put her in harms way."

"No, screw that. She is my mate. My life mate. She is not some offering for a sacrifice." Maddox argued.

"But she is fated to defeat him and his kind. I don't know how but it's prophesied and something must be done." Michael exchanged an angry look with Raphael.

"Brother, every earth second we waste, puts every mortal in this realm in danger. The Morei are never wrong. They predicted this day would come. We will fight along side her but she must end him. Only she can." Michael insisted.

"But why her? She is a celestial being with not an ounce of malice in her. She wields no weapons. She has never smited a soul and you want to place her before a demon, as a sacrificial lamb? " Raphael paced furiously.

"She is stronger than you think." Michael hissed facing Raphael.

Maddox watched silently as the two Archangels were beginning to square off.
"Yes, that she may be. But she is still my daughter, she is still half-wolf/ half Angel. In case you have forgotten."

Michael remained silent. "And your point brother?" Michael asked annoyed and bothered that Raphael would go against him.

"The point that if MY child is badly injured in wolf form she will be unable to heal and turn. Your NIECE will be vulnerable in either form because her wolf's spirit and hers are intertwined....she dies...so will Maddox." Raphael said.

All remained silent.

Michaels face contorted slightly with pain as Raphael said those words. If she dies, all will be lost.

Maddox snorted and chuckled but there was no humor in his laugh. No smile on his face.
"You have to be fucking kidding me. My once in a life time mate was destined for me, and destined to save the world. If she dies, so will I because we are soul bound." He chuckled and dropped to his seat. Pissed and angry, he dashed away a stray tear he did not know was there until his eyes began to burn.
"Gaia could not be so cruel to let this happen, " he shook his head.

"Not her, blame the Morei. They play a major part in this." Raphael, equally angered sat down as well. Soon Michael joined them in silence.

Suddenly, the quiet silence around them became palpable. Maddox's nostrils flared with the scent of her as she entered the living room. But she spoke before he could even get to her.

"I'll do it." She said softly.

I will confront the Demon King as Danté suggests."

*.*.*.*.*.*.*
😱😱😱😱😱😱
Here you go... Along awaited chapter.
Well🤗 Wattpad peeps
I have amazing news
So as you know, a while back my main goal was to write since I was a stay at home mom, and worked my invitation business.
My business still thrives but I wanted to also earn from my writing. Everything was going good until Wattpad Futures ended.
Although, I pleaded with some to help share my work to gain more notoriety, Twitter is still silent and Instagram the same. (But I thank you guys that have shared my work)
So, I decided to seek full-time employment. Mainly to expand my business. And pay to have my novels edited(no progress on that since it's hard to find dependable Beta Readers)
Sooo...its been two years already on my job. So, most of you don't know is that I majored in Computer Science specializing Network Administration. I've struggled to find jobs in the field because they are more in the city. But I've been working for the state.
I was currently a Front Desk Information clerk.
Then🤗 a position became available for an IT Tech position.
Guess what???
🎉🎉🎉 I got the position!!!!
You are not only reading books of a mom of 4, Author and Wedding invites designer.
But a...
Distributed Computer Systems Analyst...🎆🎇🎇🎇

Finally!! My dream job...

Although with it my free time to write will change but gradually I will update when I can. But for now this is my new baby and my priority after my family of course.

I am not leaving Wattpad but my stories will just be slowly posted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 4.7K 34
She vowed never to accept him no matter what fate had in store. He was not supposed be her mate, he was her enemy. She thought that he would turn out...
70.5K 7.5K 38
Book One of The Kinetic Mate Series Fire is destructive, fire do nothing but consume all in it path. The fire raged, consuming all in sight, burni...
24.9K 829 33
First Neal must find his mate whom he's dreamt about several times now, then he must help her learn about her family and then fight to keep her safe...