Second Chance Mates

GumbieN द्वारा

[Book 1] Two wolves, traumatized by their heartbreaking pasts, must learn to rely on each other for healing a... अधिक

Foreword / Cast
TAPAS
-00- 🌹 One Last Moment
-01- 🌹 What I've Become
-02- 🌹 Bury My Head In The Sand
-03- 🌹 Somebody Else's Loss
-04- 🌹 Shouldn't Be Said Out Loud
-05- 🌹 Wish You Were Here
-06- 🌹 From Wrong To Right
-07- 🌹 Like Honey
-08- 🌹 Enough Of Loneliness
-09- 🌹 Hope In The Hopeless
-10- 🌹 I'm Gonna Try
-11- 🌹 Lost On Me
-12- 🌹 I'm Not Giving Up
-13- 🌹 Be More Adaptive
-14- 🌹 Rest Of The World Falls Away
-15- 🌹 Slowly Becoming Lovers
-16- 🌹 If You're Honest
-17- 🌹 No Matter What
-18- 🌹 Change My Life
-19- 🌹 No One Like Him
-20- 🌹 Not A Dream
-21- 🌹 Don't Hide
-22- 🌹 Storm To Weather
-23- 🌹 Taste You
-24- 🌹 Lose Control
-25- 🌹 Be Honest With Me
-26- 🌹 The Skies Above
-27- 🌹 Your Friends
-28- 🌹 Just A Kiss
-29- 🌹 Raise Your Glass
-30- 🌹 Moonlight
-31- 🌹 Helpless
-32- 🌹 Half Of My Heart
-33- 🌹 It Gets Dark
-34- 🌹 Everything That I Am
-36- 🌹 Suffered Enough
-37- 🌹 Waiting For So Long
-38- 🌹 Only You
-39- 🌹 To Be Free
-40- 🌹 Kiss Me
-41- 🌹 Love Me
-42- 🌹 Beautiful
-43- 🌹 Without You
-44- 🌹 River
-45- 🌹 Look The Other Way
-46- 🌹 Girl Crush
-47- 🌹 Tastes So Sweet
-48- 🌹 Reunited
-49- 🌹 Where I Belong
-50- 🌹 Emergency
-51- 🌹 To Save A Life
-52- 🌹 Bring Him Home
-53- 🌹 Fool Me Once
-54- 🌹 The Man Behind The Trigger
-55- 🌹 Let Go
-56- 🌹 Violent Love
-57- 🌹 Sweet Comfort
-58- 🌹 Until The Sun Comes Up
-59- 🌹 Say You Love Me
-60- 🌹 Incomplete
Afterword
CANON EXTRA: Ambrose Family Tragedy
NON-CANON EXTRA: Xander & Kai as mates
NON-CANON EXTRA: Incubus Ryland
PREQUEL: "Fallen Alpha"
BOOK 2: "Chasing The Rogue"

-35- 🌹 What Love Is

14.7K 854 263
GumbieN द्वारा

^ This is who I picture as Joan, by the way (except she has a crescent mark on her forehead)

"I swear I've seen an angel, a paradise in blue, every color I choose. But I don't know what love is, but I think it might be you."
~Lady Gaga, 'I Don't Know What Love Is'

~~~

*Ryland's POV*

Landon gazes down at me with watery blue eyes, his hair slightly damp. He says nothing, wiping away my tears with the pads of his thumbs.

My mouth hangs open as I stammer, trying to figure out the hell I should say. Before I can decide on how to bring up what happened earlier, Landon leans down and presses his lips to mine.

I freeze, eyes wide with shock as Landon moves his lips slowly against mine. What the hell is happening? Is this a good kiss, or... a goodbye kiss?

His tongue licks along the tight seam of my lips, asking for entrance that I'm too frozen to grant. He growls in frustration, biting my bottom lip and making me gasp. Taking the opportunity, he slides his tongue into my mouth, cupping my face gently with his warm hands.

My eyes water with tears, unsure how I should be feeling about this kiss. Does this mean he's not leaving me? Landon deepens the kiss, making me moan as rational thought starts to fly out the window. Squeezing my eyes shut, I bury my fingers in the tresses of his golden locks and finally kiss him back. Landon groans in satisfaction as our tongues actively dance together; our hot breath mingling.

So many questions run through my mind, but all of it is white-noise in the background as Landon kisses me like his life depends on it. I don't even realize I had started crying again until Landon breaks the kiss, gently wiping away my tears.

"Landon—"

"I love you."

My eyes drop to my lap as more tears force their way forward, and I shake my head. "You don't have to do that," I whisper dejectedly.

"I'm not just saying it," Landon insists kneeling between my legs. He rests his hands on my thighs, squeezing comfortingly. "I'm in love with you, Ryland."

I raise my eyes back to his blue ones, searching for any sign that he's lying to me. But all the previous fear and unease has completely vanished from his eyes; replaced with an astounding assuredness that makes my heart jump into my throat.

"I'm sorry I ran away," Landon apologizes sadly. "I shouldn't have done that. You've been more than patient with me, always putting my needs before your own, and I didn't return the favor. At the moment you needed me most, I ran from you. I'm so sorry, honeybee. I hope you can forgive me."

I blink dumbly at him, not comprehending much of what he said after 'I'm in love with you'.

"You love me?" I whimper, timidly holding onto his arms.

He nods. "I do."

"Y-You mean it?" I sniffle, clutching his arms tighter as I pull myself closer to him. "You really l-love me?"

The smile he gives me sends my heart into overdrive as he leans in, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "I love you, Ryland Ambrose," Landon professes confidently. "I think I've loved you for a while, but I was too afraid to admit it. I was hurt and scared. I lost Easton, and I'm scared of losing you too. But then I went and pushed you away, which I am so sorry for. I promise that I won't push you away again. Even if it's scary from time to time, we'll figure it out together. Because that's what love is. I'm all in, honeybee."

I sob in relief, throwing my arms around Landon's neck and squeezing him tightly. My nose buries into his neck, inhaling his calming scent of lavender and pine. Landon's arms wind around me, pulling me flush against his body as he settles in between my legs. He holds me as I cry tears of joy, clutching his shirt while he whispers how much he loves me over and over.

"I love you too," I sniffle against his neck. Landon sighs contentedly, bringing one hand up to my hair and running his fingers through my dark locks. We hold each other, soaking in our bond that's breathing peacefully, relieved of any strain.

"I saw Elias," Landon murmurs after a while, and I pull back to look at him with wide eyes.

"Elias? Easton's wolf?" I clarify skeptically.

He smiles softly. "It's a long story. I ran into Elder Joan, and she found a way for me and Leo to talk to Elias."

My breath catches in my throat. "Oh my goddess," I whisper in shock. "Are you okay? Holy shit, Landon! Why wasn't that the first thing you said when you got back?! That's huge!"

"I had something more important to tell you first," Landon grins, rubbing his knuckles over my cheeks that are heating up. "I'll tell you all about that later."

"But—"

"Right now," he cuts in, pressing his forehead to mine, "I need to talk to you about something else."

I gulp thickly. "What is it?"

"I think I'm ready."

"Ready for what?"

Landon chuckles, rubbing our noses together. "I'm ready to complete the mating process."

Blood rushes to my face so quickly that I become lightheaded, and I blink at Landon in a daze. "Are you sure? I don't want to rush you—"

"Ry, you've been more patient than any other wolf would have been. There is no way in hell that you're rushing me. You helped me, tremendously, by giving me time. Now, it's time to help you. We're going to make love and bring River back."

While the idea of bringing River back fills me with joy, it's not the reason for the large smile on my face. "Make love, huh?" I repeat, my smile so wide that my cheeks hurt.

Landon's cheeks pinken. "Yeah. This isn't just a fuck to fulfill an obligation. We're going to make love, because... well, I love you."

I capture his lips with mine, twisting my fingers into his soft hair. Landon hums in surprise, wasting no time in responding to the fluid movements of my lips. My tongue easily slides into his mouth, swirling with his own tongue in a battle for dominance. Landon pushes me back onto the couch before covering my body with his and reconnecting our lips in a hungry kiss. I wrap my legs around his waist, moaning at the feeling of his weight pressing me into the couch.

It's not long before our hips are rolling, grinding against one another. Our hands roam, pulling off articles of clothing until we're left only in our boxers. His erection strains against the fabric of his underwear, and I slip my hand past the waistband to grasp his shaft.

"Ngh!" Landon moans, biting his lower lip as I slowly pump him. His pink tip is already so wet for me; precum dripping down onto my hand. Licking my lips, I push Landon towards the opposite end of the couch, onto his back. He throws his head back with a gasp when I take him into my mouth, humming from the sweet taste of him.

"Honeybee," Landon groans, gripping my hair as I bob my head up and down in a circular motion. His tip hits the back of my throat when I swallow him down, letting my nose brush against his pelvis. "Fuck, baby!"

The vein on the underside of his cock pulses along my tongue, making my lips stretch into a smile around his thick shaft. Hollowing my cheeks, I suck him harder until his heels are digging into the couch cushions, and his back is arching.

"R-Ryland!" Landon cries out, eyes flashing bright blue moments before his hot cum floods my mouth. Precum spills from my own cock at the taste of my mate's essence on my tongue, and I gingerly palm myself through my underwear.

I suck him dry, helping him ride out his high until there's not a single drop of cum left. Releasing his half-hard cock from mouth, I smile up at Landon. He pants breathlessly, reaching forward to trace his thumb along my swollen lower lip.

Landon growls lowly in a way that makes River purr submissively, taking me by surprise. He hooks his thumbs in the waistband of my boxer-briefs; his usual bright blue eyes now darkened with lust.

"Ryland, is it okay to— OH MY GODDESS!"

Landon and I scramble on the couch, grabbing throw pillows to cover our bodies as Kai covers his eyes.

"Jesus Christ, Kai!" I shriek at my younger brother. "Can't you learn how to fucking knock?!"

"You're in the living room!" Kai shouts back, still covering his eyes. "You're not the only one who lives here, you know!"

"Just go to your room!"

Kai grumbles, trudging upstairs as Landon and I quickly redress. My face is aflame in embarrassment as I button up my pants.

"Let's take a trip," Landon abruptly suggests. "It would be better to... you know... when there's no one to interrupt."

"Thank fuck," I grin at him. "After five years of having blue balls, I'm pretty much ready to let go."

Landon bites his lower lip with a smile, leaning in to brush his lips against my ear. "Trust me, baby. We're going to make up for all that lost time."

~~~

You guys. What the fuck. "SCM" is ranked #2 in Paranormal, out of 1000+ stories

Thank you guys for reading. Seriously, it means so much to me and encourages me to write even more

Anyway! Landon said the L word! Hurray!

Thoughts??

Q: What's your favorite vacation spot?
[the Washington coast]

See you next time!
-Gumbie

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

768K 31.2K 27
~First book of the Hybrid series~ A vampire and a werewolf have unprotected sex and thus a baby comes along. A hybrid of the two. Sven has lived a l...
43.3K 1.3K 35
Running from his dark legacy, River finds himself caught in the midst of a werewolf rivalry bleeding into the human world; a low fantasy enemies to l...
965K 39.4K 31
[Book #1 in the Blackwood Pack series] Currently in the process of rewriting (it'll be uploaded as a separate book) ________________ ...
8.4K 834 54
Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? Radley. That's who. He often hides from the wolves in the forest because he believes they will hurt him. He liste...