tsukishima x yamaguchi | clou...

By dirtyketchupwater

i hope you enjoy! please vote on the chapters it makes me really happy :') and let's me know what you're enjo... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8

6

7.1K 277 388
By dirtyketchupwater

kei turns away, his cheeks pink. "um never mind, i'll tell you some other time" he scratches the back of his hand, another thing he did when he was nervous.

yamaguchi pulls his hand away, a little more harsh than he'd intended, "tell me... please" he says letting go gently.

tsukishima nods and begins to speak again. "yamaguchi, i think you are the most amazing, beautiful, and wonderful person i've ever met. you've always stuck by me, even when i would push you away. you fill my cloudy days with beaming sunshine and speckle my dark nights in beautiful stars. i've been infatuated with you since we met. your smile, your voice, your laugh... everything. you're someone who knows me better than anyone and you've been my best friend for so much of my life. and..."

he looks up and tadashi's face is burning from the heat of his skin, shining eyes welling up with tears, small hands clearly shaking. still, he's patiently anticipating tsukishima's next words.

"and i think i might be in love with you, tadashi" looking him in the eyes, waiting for a response out of him.

jittery, he tries to speak but no words come out. he holds back his tears of overbearing joy. 'is this really happening?! i can't stop shaking. it doesn't feel real.' time moves slow. he can't wrap his head around it 'd-did tsukki really just say all of that? about me?!' he tries to regain composure but only falls deeper into the hole he's dug himself

"yamaguchi are you-?"

"yes!" he shouts finally.

kei looks at him confused, he shakes his head and starts again, "uh, i mean me too. i've felt the same since we were little." he looks down, fiddling with his hands, "i've always adored how unbothered and cool you acted, i wanted to be just like you. you're always there for me when i need it, with encouragement or affirmation. you always spend time with me and help me calm down when i feel like my head's spinning. you always talk to me when no one else will. you always practice with me when i'm feeling unconfident with volleyball. and for so long i've wanted... something more than that. something more... with you, tsukki" he looks up at him, his heart racing.

kei just smiles, and holds out his hand from across the table, "yamaguchi?"

"y-yes tsukki?" stuttering on his words.

"would you like to be my boyfriend?" gesturing his hand out a little further.

yamaguchi grasps his hand gently, interlacing his fingers between the blondes, "i've been waiting for you to say that for so long" tadashi's eyes well up with tears again but he resists the urge to cry.

"i've been trying to tell you for so long" he replies back with a regretful smile, wishing he had done it sooner.

eventually, it had become late in the afternoon and it was time for the two lovers to make their way back to the tsukishima home.

they walk quietly, like they always have. the soft clacking of their shoes on the concrete filled the silent air, cars passing by as the sun lowers on the horizon. the air cools and the sky fades to a brilliant orange. their swaying hands intertwine as they walk, their hearts skipping a beat, even though it's such a small gesture, it feels like the world is spinning.

'this feels right. being here with you.' tadashi still unable to believe that this is reality. his first best friend, his first love, is now his first boyfriend too. he couldn't be happier in this moment.

they make it to the bus, sitting towards the back next to each other, and adding more songs to their playlist during the drive. they never stop holding hands through the whole drive. they finally get back to tsukishima's home. the sun has almost fully set and its get darker by the minute. yamaguchi really doesn't want to leave back to his house.its been the best 24 hours of his life and he really didn't want it to end. though, he also didn't want to overstay his welcome.

they walked inside and yamaguchi started to gather his things from kei's room.

"what are you doing yama?" tsukishima asked.

"packing... up?" he responds confused.

"you're gonna leave?" he said, clearly saddened.

"i don't want to..." he responded with a pout.

"then stay!" kei monotone.

"uh hang on i'll call home really quick. i just don't want to bother your mom any longer..." he retreated.

"it's fine yama, trust me ok?" he reassured.

"ok, give me a minute then" tadashi pulled out his phone and walked outside the room to call home.

a while later he walks back in with a smile, "i can stay!" he says as he plops himself next to kei on his bed. tsukishima just smiles in response.

"...but i don't have any clothes to sleep in and i really don't feel like walking all the way home," he says annoyed.

tsukishima gets up and starts rummaging through his closet and drawers. he pulls out an old t-shirt and some shorts and throws them towards the smaller boy, "you can sleep in these if you want. i don't think they'll fit but it's something"

tadashi smiles, "i'm gonna go take a shower, is that ok?"

tsukishima nods and yamaguchi leaves to shower. he sits in his room, flipping through his magazines while he waits.

tadashi walks in, his hair still slightly wet, with a towel around his neck, and tsukishima's oversized clothes. kei felt like he was going to pass out, his skin immediately heating up. 'holy shit- how is it possible for someone to be that cute?!'

"your clothes are so big on me tsukki!" he said giggling, only intensifying the blondes' reaction.

"uh y-yea, th-they look really-ahem- cute on you tadashi" he chokes out, his face more scarlet than ever.

yamaguchi laughed at his embarrassed boyfriend. "you're so cute when you're flustered" flopping his back onto the bed. "you have no idea how good it feels to say that"

kei lays down next to him, "it's really nice".

they bask in each others presence, smiling to themselves. 'finally, you're mine. and i'm yours. this is the best' the hazey orange sunlight peaks through the window blinds, the sky getting darker by the minute.

"what do you wanna do now yama...?"

"i'm not sure tsukki"

tsukishima sits upright in his bed, "well we could play cards, pass in the backyard..."

"lets watch a movie!" tadashi suggested.

"ok, you grab some blankets and i'll set up the movie?" he asked.

"deal!"

some preparation later, they both finally sit down on the couch, bowls of snacks on the table in front of them, covered in blankets.

the movie starts and they sit awkwardly. they've both never really had a partner before. they don't really know how to behave. even though they've been friends for most of their lives, they've forgotten how to just "act normal". as the movie carries on, they start to unwind. yamaguchi's hand slithers its way to tsukishima's, their fingers interlace and they begin to relax into the others' touch. tadashi leans on to his boyfriend's shoulders and finally starts breathing easier. his cologne making him even more serene.

'this has been the best day of my life, and i'm so glad it was because of you' is the last thought he has before he drifts into deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hi friends!! i bring you more tsukiyama bc they are criminally underrated as a pair and ive taken it as my job to provide to the starved fans of this ship!! i don't think anyone even reads this part of my writing but thank you all for the support on this project of mine, it makes me really happy to see all your positive comments throughout the story. i wish i could get parts out sooner for you all but i swear im trying really hard so please be patient with me ok? haikyuu has ended and im very sad :( this show, manga, and fandom have been a good distraction when not so good things are happening. im sad to see it go, but it will always be an escape for me.

in honor of these cute bfs and over 10k reads, i wanted to do a little q&a in the comments under this part!! so leave some comments of questions you have for me and i'll answer for the next few days or so!! i'll be waiting ;)

thats all for now folks!! trans lives matter and black lives matter, justice for those who've died unjustly, acab. be gay do crime, drink water & i love you <3

p.s. i'll have a new surprise for when i post next :))))

1257 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 3K 60
(completed) This my very first time to write a story..So umm...Yeah..Thank you! The team wasn't entirely curious about hinata's family but the only...
79.6K 3.7K 12
yamaguchi has been taking a lot of late-night walks lately, but his nights have been recently erupted by a loud group of bikers. over the next few w...
4.3K 120 30
What happens when a girl who loves volleyball joins a boys' volleyball club? Does she find love? Will she relive her past or move forward? Join (L/N)...
52K 1.7K 16
!! Discontinued !! "A new start, hopefully with less assholes..." . . . A start for a boy named Tenshi Sukhoi, he's trying to erase his past of being...