Diamond no Ace - One Shots...

By Shioko15

Some One Shots about the boys from Diamond no Ace and their injuries and other problems. - you can send me i... More

~ 1: Sawamura x Okumura ~
~ 2: Miyuki & Chris-senpai ~
~4: Miyuki & Okumura ~

~ 3: Miyuki & Kuramochi ~

99 1 5
By Shioko15

while rewatching Diamond no Ace for the thousandth time - well probably third time - I finally decided to write a one shot about Miyuki after his injury at the end of season 2 and how Kuramochi helps him out.
Just some random thoughts! ^^
Have fun! :D

~~~~~
Miyuki slowly moved from his kneeling position at the plate to a standing position and watched the players from the dog-out came rushing onto the field. Jumping onto Furuya, cheering and yelling in joy and excitement.

Miyuki only had enough energy left to form a tired smile. He was exhausted. It took all his willpower to keep his eyes open and to stay standing. His legs felt like jelly. His right side was one undefined pulsing pain. Ever since his heroic slide back home last inning he was sure that it wasn't a simple muscle injury. Every breath he took hurt in his chest. Every step he took went like a shock wave through his body. All he really wanted was to sit down and rest.

Suddenly he felt a hand on his back. He looked to the side. Kuramochi was standing next to him. His smile bright and happy.

"Come on, Captain! Let's line up and then get you to the hospital!", he said and slowly pulled the catcher into the direction of the lineup.

For a short moment Miyuki felt pity for Yakushis team. Their eyes were sad and he could tell many of them were fighting tears. He understood how they felt. Last year they experienced the same. But this year they made it!
They were going to Nationals.
Seido was going to Koshien!

Kuramochi helped Miyuki silently out of his catcher gear and slowly they make their way back to the dog-out and into the locker room.
Heavily Miyuki let himself fall down onto the bench in the changing room. Leaning back against the wall behind him he closed his eyes for a short moment. His right arm tightly pressed against his side in hope to keep the pain as low as possible.

"Miyuki. I'm sorry. I didn't plan to let you play. But you know, how Yakushi is. I didn't want to give them any chances. In the end I prioritized the win over your health.", coach Kataoka said seriously.

"Well, if you thought I was still useful, I'm glad. I thought, I was dragging the team down with my selfishness.", Miyuki answered his usual grin on his lips.

"Don't play so cool, idiot!", Maezono yelled and Nori mumbles: "You wouldn't have left the field either way."

"Whatever! I'll take care of him now!", Kuramochi said and helped Miyuki stand up. Pulling his arm across his shoulders.

"I can walk by myself!", Miyuki protested, thought he was thankful for the help, because his legs felt like they could give away any second. Thought he would never admit this weakness in front of the team! After all he was the cleanup, catcher and captain! He had a reputation to maintain.

The taxi was already waiting for them outside the stadium. The moment Miyuki stepped out of the stadium it was like all his energy left him. He felt his knees buckle and Kuramochi grabbed him tighter. "Oi! Hang in there!"

"I can't do it..", he mumbles his head hanging low.

"What do you mean?", Masuko asked confused.

"I'm no good captain. You guys should put yourself in my position. You can be captains.", he slurred and his eyes started to close, dark spots clouding his vision close to the edge of unconsciousness.

During the drive to the hospital Miyuki barely registered what happened. He was just glad to sit down and that he could rest.

He heard Kuramochi and Masuko rant and bitch about his stupid behavior but he didn't care. But it sounded far away.

At the hospital he was quickly taken to a examinationroom. The same doctor that examined Furuya took a look at his side. After far to much prodding at his side the doctor told him to get some x-rays done. After half an hour he was finally given some painkillers and was told to stay at least one night. A nurse helped him out of his clothes and into a hospital gown. The moment he lay down in the hospital bed he was fast asleep, pulled into painless dreamless darkness.

Maezono and Rei have already left by the time it was clear that Miyuki would be alright and settled in his room to stay overnight. Kuramochi wanted to stay a little longer.

He needed time to think. He was standing next to the bed Miyuki was laying in. It felt wrong to be here. Miyuki shouldn't be laying asleep, knocked out from exhaustion and painkillers, in this bed caused by a broken rib and severe bruising. He should be cheering and celebrating their win together with all the others.
Should he have said something earlier? What would have happened when Miyuki wouldn't have played? Were they so depending on Miyukis talent? The coach himself said that they needed Miyuki to win. All of them needed to get better! They needed to stop relaying on Miyuki so much!

When visiting hours were over Kuramochi was thrown out by some nurse and forced to drive back to Seido.

Two days later he drove together with Rei back to the hospital to take Miyuki back to the dorm. He got the ok from the doc as long as he was resting.

When they entered Miyukis room the catcher was awake and sitting in his bed.

"Kuramochi! Rei-chan! Finally I can go!", he said cheerfully. Nothing left off the exhausted and slightly depressed boy after the game. Kuramoch smiled, glad to see that his friend was obviously feeling better. "Kyaha!" He put the bag he was carrying onto the chair next to Miyukis bed. "Then get dressed or do you want to stay in your dress?!", he teases Miyuki.
Thought Miyuki suddenly went quiet.

Rei seemed to sense that there was something bothering the young catcher. "I'll wait in the hall. Take your time.", she smiles kindly and leaves the room.

Kuramochi frowned a little confused by the sudden change in atmosphere.

"What did I miss?", he asks seriously.
Miyuki sighs not meeting Kuramochis eyes. "I need help."

"Help?", Kuramochi repeats. Then it clicks. "Oh. Sure."
Slowly Miyuki moves to the edge of the bed, letting his legs dangle of the edge. His bare feet touching the linoleum floor. For a second the two boys waited for the other to do something.

"Give me my underpants.", Miyuki finally demands. "We can't sit here fore ever and I'm no invalide. I tell you when I need your help.", he smiles trying to lighten the situation.
"Tch! Idiot!", Kuramochi just grumbles and throws the underwear at Miyuki and waits for him to change into them. Miyuki slowly bends forward but his ribs immediately start to protest. He groans painfully and sits back up straight.
Kuramochi looks at him and lifts an eyebrow. "Invalide my ass! You can't move at all!"
He snatches the boxers from Miyukis hands and slips them over his feet and up his legs. "Thanks."
"No need.", he mumbles and looks away to give Miyuki some privacy.

Kuramochi could barely suppress a gasp when Miyuki took of the hospital gown. His right side was one colorful bruise. He couldn't imagine how much that must hurt.
Kuramochi grabbed the t-shirt and moved to help Miyuki.
"I can do it.", the other said and grabbed the T-shirt Kuramochi held in his hands. Expectantly the shortstop watches the other struggle clearly in pain. Waiting impatiently for the idiot to finally ask for help.

Miyuki tried to move his right arm as less as possible. Every movement hurt. Ever since he woke up this morning he was slowly feeling the pain again, because the high painkillers he was on were slowly fading out of his system.

"Stop. I can't watch this any longer!", Kuramochi yelled suddenly. "You're clearly in pain. Forget your damn pride and ask for help, you dumbass!"
He takes the shirt back and quickly pulls it over Miyukis head. "Right.", he commanded. Very slowly and carefully Miyuki maneuvered his right arm through the short sleeve then with less problems his left.
"Pants next.", Kuramochi said kneeling down in front of Miyuki taking over the lead.

Miyuki felt his cheeks get hot. It was strange to be dressed by his best friend. Thought he stepped into the pants and took over when Kuramochi had pulled them up over his knees.
While he slowly put on a jacket Kuramochi got socks and shoes on his feet. Finally he was ready and this strange situation over.

"You should better recover fast!", Kuramochi said when they leave the hospital room. "I'm not going to dress you every morning! Or maybe I will send Sawamura over to help you! Kyahaha!"

"You wouldn't dare!", Miyuki called back, a little scared his friend would make his threat come true.

"Kyahaha! It's punishment enough that you won't be playing baseball for a few weeks!", he laughs mischievously.

~~~~~

Leave a comment if you like! Tell me what you think about this one. 😊

See you next story 👋🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 18.2K 90
as usual many dramas, emotions, fluffy , angst, and most importantly soo much love. top tae bot kook no cheating no threesom No skin ship with others
275K 17.4K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
79.6K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...