Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 70

457 20 10
By Veikari

Yayy! 70 chapters! And even if I might start to think how to end this story, it would still take at least 30-40 chapters to end this xD This story will be even longer than the first one, I hope you guys can bear up with me ^^'

Thank you for all the votes and comments, they really help! I love you all my dear little chocolate chip cookies!

------------------------------------------------

Freed sighed when Laxus slammed the door shut after them.

"I understand, you're angry", he said as he took off his coat.

"I am", Laxus growled tossing his coat on the rack as well. "You just decided it on your own that we would be the ones to go there. I don't understand why we can't just as well let Erza and her team take care of this one."

"We are the ones who know most of this whole mess", Freed explained crossing his arms and turned to look at Laxus. "We are the ones who brought that book in to our guild in the first place, don't you feel like we are responsible to go since someone has to go to Elenbora anyway?"

"I'm not saying I don't feel like that", Laxus grunted. "But it's not safe. They know at last some of us will go there."

"But they can't be sure who will be going or how many of us. And just as much, what if their plan is to actually attack here while some of us are gone?"

Laxus growled annoyed, but he knew Freed had a point. They just simply couldn't know what Yuidose was planning with all this. And if it really was true and there was a traitor... No matter what they did it wouldn't really matter since Yuidose would know about their plans anyway.

"Shit", he snarled, sitting on a couch in their living room.

"I know it's frustrating, but right now all we can do is to go to Elenbora and find out why Yuidose wants us to go there", Freed said stepping beside the couch. "You know we have to. And I'm not going to let you, Bickslow and Evergreen go there all by yourselves, I would just worry if you might cause a ruckus there. We have to work quietly so no one finds out we're mages."

Laxus muttered something, leaning against his knees and stared ahead.

"What about Felix?" he asked. "If they really are there, we can't take him with us."

"I think this time it's better if we don't take him and Chester along", Freed nodded sitting down. "I'm sure Bickslow and Cana agree. It's better that they stay here and the guild will protect them. Felix would be happy to stay with Makarov."

He stayed silent for a minute, thinking about what he had seen in his dream. He hadn't yet mentioned anything to Laxus...

"Also, I already know you're not going to like this", he finally said and the lighting dragon slayer immediately narrowed his eyes. "But I actually talked with my grandfather."

"What?" Laxus asked and his eyes widened now. "What the hell?"

"He appeared in my dream."

"How did he do that?! He's in prison and he shouldn't be able to use magic!"

"He wasn't using his own magic, he used Horror as a link. I had no idea he could do something like that. Obviously he can't do anything himself, but apparently Horror is another story. He wants to help us."

"The hell with him and his help!" Laxus roared crashing the coffee table at he other side of the room while standing up. "We don't need anything from him!"

"Your yelling and throwing furniture doesn't help one bit, Laxus", Freed scolded and he got up as well. "I don't like it either, but we should at least talk about it."

"What the fuck does he want in return? That we help him out or something?" Laxus snarled still angrily.

"No, he said he's only doing it so he can make sure nothing happens to Felix. It would endanger the Old Contract. If there won't be any heir after me who has a contract with the demons, Zaldevils will no longer be tied up with them. I'm not saying I don't want that to happen, you know I want nothing to do with Zaldevils anymore, but for grandfather it is a big deal. He believes that in the future, while there's still time, there will be one who would find that Chamber again."

"Bullshit", Laxus growled. "I'm not gonna let that happen."

"Neither will I if I can just stop it. But we can't know what might happen in the future. He's betting everything on this and even if he doesn't like this, he wants to keep Felix safe. I'm not sure how he's planning to do that, but I guess he has a plan."

Laxus gritted his teeth still growling and he paced back and forth in the living room. Yes, he understood the point. Lucados' only interest was to keep the family line alive as long as he could, but he just couldn't trust that old goat. He was sure he was planning something bigger. With Yuidose and everything, that was not something they needed right now.

Freed sighed.

"He can't get out and we won't help him to get out", he said. "He won't be here, it's only Horror and his job is to keep Felix safe. I can't say I know what kind of a demon Horror is, but just because he works with grandfather we can't say he's untrustworthy. And you've fought against them, you know Horror is strong."

Laxus looked at Freed.

"You're starting to sound like we should accept his offer", he grunted.

"Either that or we take Felix with us, but in that case we also have to invite more members to come with us. Do you want us to travel with Natsu and others?"

"Hell no", Laxus sneered. They were strong, but he didn't want to even think about traveling with them.

"That's what I thought", the rune mage chuckled. "I don't like that idea either since the more there are us, easier it is to spot us. We can set rules with grandfather. He might have done lots of bad things, but breaking rules he has agreed on is not one of those."

Laxus grumbled and he finally sat down again, tapping his arm with his fingers as he thought all of it. It was true that Horror was strong... And if bound with rules, Lucados wouldn't be able to do anything to Felix. Or others.

"So how is he planning to actually bring Horror here without leaving the prison?" he asked.

"I don't know yet, I have to discuss about that with him. He said I could contact with him if I asked Umanor or others to contact Horror."

"I see... And for that you probably have to be asleep."

"Most likely", Freed nodded. "But it will be fine. I won't let anything happen to Felix and quite frankly, I don't even believe that grandfather would want to cause anything anymore. He knows how strong our guild is and if he did cause something, he would have to go against us all again. He wouldn't win anything with it."

"What if he has made a deal with Yuidose?" Laxus asked and now Freed laughed loudly.

"That is one thing I know for sure he would never do", the green haired man said amused. "Of course I understand your concern, but trust me: He would never make deals like that, it would make him one of Yuidose's underlings and he won't accept that."

"Okay, I can believe that", Laxus huffed. "Then, you believe we can trust him?" he asked turning his orange eyes to look at those turquoise eyes.

"As weird as it might sound, yes. I do believe that in this case, we can trust that his only goal is to keep Felix safe."

"Fine then, if you feel comfortable with it and I believe you know your grandfather the best, I'll go with it. I don't trust him but I do trust you."

Freed smiled and he kissed Laxus gently.

"You can always trust me", he assured.

"You what?!" Porlyusica yelled angrily and Freed flinched.

"That is the situation, Porlyusica", the rune mage explained.

It was already noon, they had informed Evergreen and Bickslow about the situation as well and right now they were packing their things, getting ready for the journey. The only thing standing in their way was Porlyusica who was apparently not happy at all when she heard about their plans.

"You heard damn well what I told you just yesterday!" the pink haired old woman snapped. "No missions! That is final! Get lost!"

"It won't be a mission", Freed assured. "Erza has already approved that we can go, so -"

"I don't care what she says!" Porlyusica frowned. "I have made it perfectly clear from the start that I'm the one who makes decisions when it comes to you, Levy or that what-was-his-name dragon slayer from Babytooth or whatever! Don't waste my time by coming here and argue with me over this."

"You said yesterday that everything was fine."

"I said the respond was stronger! I said nothing about everything being just fine! Something stupid and irresponsible like this might endanger your baby", Porlyusica warned and it did make Freed shudder.

Porlyusica huffed and she sighed. Why must all these idiots cause her a headache all the time?

"It's not like the respond is weak either", she muttered annoyed when trying to think it more.

She did not like this, but it did sound like this journey really was urgent. And for Freed to come and argue with him if he could go or not... He knew the rune mage wasn't stupid, even if she might want to think otherwise. Freed was one of those rare members of Fairy Tail who did not run around and cause chaos where ever he went and if Laxus, Bickslow and Evergreen were to go to Elenbora, he was definitely needed there to take care that nothing would happen.

"I'm sorry I have to make you worry about us, Porlyusica", Freed said. "I know you're doing your best to help us."

"Who said anything about making me worry about you, you green haired ragdoll? It's my research I'm worried about!" she immediately snapped and Freed nodded. "I give you two weeks. Two weeks and after that you better be back or I will personally come to find you and you don't want that to happen", Porlyusica said narrowing her eyes. Freed hold back a chuckle.

She muttered inaudibly, turned around and scribbled something on a paper for a while. After that she got up and gave the sheet for Freed.

"There's an address, once you arrive at Elenbora, go there", the old healer said crossing her arms. "Tell him I sent you. He'll take care of you all while you're there. Since you're going there no matter what, make sure you bring me those herbs I listed. And you better not forget even one of them", she threatened.

"An address?" Freed said and he was utterly surprised, looking at the paper. "Is he your friend?"

"Call him whatever you want, I would say he's nothing but a nuisance. But he has good herbs so remember those."

"I will", Freed assured with a nod.

"He's not so anti-mage as the others so you should be fine being yourselves around him."

"Thank you for all this. I promise we'll be back before two weeks is up."

"Well you better! Whatever that Yuidose might be planning, I can assure it will be ten times worse what I'm going to do if I won't see your team walking through those gates in time! Now get lost before I change my mind!" she yelled and Freed quickly left the room, closing the door behind him.

Porlyusica hissed and walked back to her chair.

"Nothing but useless, stupid, massive idiots all of them, I don't even care about those humans..." she muttered and sat down. Then she noticed the pouch of herbs she had assembled earlier.

Freed was already walking away from the room when the door opened behind. Something soft hit his head from behind and with confusion he lifted the pouch, recognizing it as the herbs he used to help with his morning sickness. Before he had time to turn around, he heard how door was slammed shut and he chuckled.

If this was Porlyusica's way to show how she didn't care, she wasn't doing a really good job.

"Okay so let me get this gay..."

"Not funny, Bickslow", Laxus grunted as they were walking towards the guild where Freed should be waiting for them now. While they had been packing, Cana had taken the boys and Theophilius to the guild as well. So far they hadn't yet said anything to Felix and Chester that they would leave for a while.

"Tehehee", 'babies' giggled hovering over them.

"Anyway", the seith mage grinned. "So we'll leave with a night train to Hargeon and get on a ship as soon as we arrive?" he asked.

"Yeah, that was the plan", Laxus huffed. "Don't go yelling around where we're going."

"Are you seriously thinking that there's a traitor in Fairy Tail?" Evergreen asked with lowered voice. They just couldn't believe it.

"Either that or the one giving Yuidose all that information is someone close to our guild in one way or another", Laxus growled.

"Do you have any suspects?"

Laxus frowned, wondering if he should say anything or not.

"Right now, there's one who might be behind it", he muttered finally and Bickslow and Evergreen were both stunned. They didn't really expect Laxus to answer! "That flying rat."

"Theo?" Bickslow said. "Nah, it can't be him."

"I agree", Evergreen said. Then she frowned. "But I can't say I don't see why you're suspecting him... But if you really think that way, why are you leaving Felix and Chester with him?"

"It would be much more dangerous to take them with us", Laxus explained. "Don't say a word about this to anyone, not yet. We're simply going to say that we've got a mission and we have to go."

"But if there was a card left behind that told us to go to Elenbora, won't they guess when they hear we have left?"

"Yeah, most probably. But this is the best we can do. We were already talking with Gramps that it might be the best if Felix, Chester, Cana, Roxanne and Roscoe would all stay in his house if they agree. Now that Gildarts has left again -"

"He left?" Bickslow asked surprised. "When?"

"He left already before we left to Ginkgo with Evergreen and Emmett attacked Fairy Tail", Laxus said and they could already see the familiar building.

"Man, that guy sure can slip away fast without anyone noticing..."

"He said he wanted to go find out something, but he didn't explain what", Laxus said. "But Gramps and others will stay alert. If something happens, everyone will be there in a blink of an eye."

Evergreen and Bickslow looked at each other. It was true that there wasn't really much what they could do... No matter what, their enemy could easily guess what they were going to do next.

"You haven't suggested for Freed that he should stay?" Evergreen asked, even though she knew the answer.

"You know him, he would just take another train to come after us", Laxus muttered. "So better keep him close."

"You're right, baby", Bickslow said and they stepped through the gates.

In the hall there was peaceful and even though everyone was acting normal, the atmosphere felt strained. It felt like everyone were doing their best to act as normal as they could and Laxus sighed. It just made everything even more suspicious.

"Dad!" they heard a shout and looked at Felix who was sitting on a bar stool next to Chester, Theophilius and Roxanne. Makarov was sitting on a bar counter as always and Cana and Roscoe were standing next to it.

They and many others had been looking at Freed for a while. The rune mage was using his magic to write runes and symbols on the floor where there was a big area cleared up from tables and chairs.

"So you talked with him?" Laxus asked and Freed straightened himself.

"I did", he nodded. "He gave me instructions what to do and we agreed on the rules."

"What's going on?" Evergreen asked confused and when she looked around, it seemed like no one else knew any better what Freed had been doing for a while.

"As much as I hate it, we're gonna call another demon to give us help", Laxus grunted.

"Another demon? Oh shit, you're not talking about -"

The runes flashed dark purple as Freed finished the last symbol. He sheathed his sword and stepped back. This was a mere portal his grandfather used to call Horror, it wasn't his magic that actually summoned the demon. It was the demon itself who decided if it answered to someone else but its master.

Everyone was now looking at the runes and how something started to form from the dark symbols. The runes didn't vanish but soon they could see the ghost like demon who appeared and looked around, seeing the Fairy Tail guild hall for the first time.

"It's that scary demon from the mansion!" Bickslow shouted and he had no idea what was going on.

"Is Lucados here?" Evergreen asked quickly looking around.

"No, I'm sorry I didn't have time to explain", Freed said calmly. "This is Horror, my grandfather's demon", he explained to those who didn't know who the demon was.

"What does your grandfather have to do with this?" Makarov asked surprised.

"Actually he has nothing to do with this, but he wanted to help. We have agreed on certain rules what prevents him from just using the situation and cause some problems. Horror is here to defend Felix if necessary."

'We only take orders from our Lord or young master Felix', they heard a deep voice as the demon hovered above the runes. 'That is our Lord's wish.'

"Okay, listen up here you floating snotrag", Laxus growled grabbing a hold of the old coat's front pulling the demon as big as himself closer. Even then he couldn't see what was lurking in those shadows covered by a hat and a long collar, but he saw the dim eyes. "Even if you don't seem to have an ass to get kicked, be fucking sure I'll find a way to do it anyway if you don't do exactly what's told."

'You don't intimidate us, Laxus Dreyar', Horror said his eyes narrowing.

"I defeated you once, I can do it again."

'If you want to challenge us, we'll be ready to answer to it.'

"Wow, he's a feisty one", Bickslow snickered.

"Laxus", Freed said. "Let him go."

Laxus growled and finally let go of Horror who straightened his spine.

"So wait, what?" Natsu asked confused. "But isn't Freed's grandfather in prison?"

"And if he's in prison, he should be chained with magic sealing stones", Gray frowned. "Or is he free now?"

"He's not", Freed assured. "He isn't using his magic. Horror is following his orders and using his own magic. This is just a copy of the seal grandfather uses to call him and normally it wouldn't work, but since Horror itself answered to it, I could call him."

"I don't really get it..." Natsu muttered tilting his head. "But guess if you say so and Scream is here..."

'Horror.'

"Oh yeah, that's right. Well! If you're up for a fight -!"

'We're not interested.'

"What?! Come on! You were about to fight with Laxus!" Natsu barked annoyed.

'We have acknowledged his power.'

"I see, you're an ass", Natsu said and he was purposefully provoking the demon in the vain hope that he could rouse the demon's anger.

"Natsu", Erza warned with a frown and the fire dragon slayer muttered something.

Felix looked at the big demon who looked scary. He wasn't like Jish-Ahrna and others... Freed looked at his son and smiled.

"It's okay, Felix", he assured and Felix slipped down from his seat, coming closer carefully. "He might seem a bit scary, but he won't hurt you. He's here to protect you and others."

'Our duty is to protect only Felix', Horror clarified.

"If Felix tell you to protect others too you're damn sure gonna do it", Laxus snarled.

'It's not our place to question the young master's commands.'

"Then I want you to do it", Felix said.

'If you command it', Horror said and it looked like his hat made a slight dipping motion.

"I think we have an agreement here", Freed nodded and he knelt down beside Felix. "We will make you a small symbol from runes so you can call Horror anytime you need him", he promised taking Felix's hand. "Don't worry, this won't hurt at all and it's not permanent", he smiled.

"Okay..." Felix said but he was still nervous.

The runes on the floor flashed and gently floated up and with a flash of flight burst asunder. In that flash, Horror too disappeared and merged into the particles of the seal and the seal appeared on the back of Felix's hand.

The boy looked at it with widened eyes and for a moment the whole hall was silent.

"Why do I need this?" Felix finally asked from Freed, pointing at the seal on his hand.

The rune mage stood up with a huff.

"Let's go sit down and talk", Freed said and they joined with Chester and others to the bar counter, while the rest of the guild started talking about the bizarre thing that just happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 143 11
Fairy Tail x Male oc bxb bl harem gxg cursing smuts depending on where the story is going. I don't own Fairy Tail I only own my oc
378K 8K 76
Young female reader joins Fairy Tail after losing her home and family. In search of a new start, she finds Fairy Tail. There will be some lemon. I do...
2K 84 13
Laxus Dreyar is realizing things, but Freed is already over him. Or is he?
230K 1K 13
❌❗️REQUESTS CLOSED❗️❌ ❗️WARNING THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT 18+ AUDIENCES ONLY❗️ (If you read it and you are not 18+ then that is your decisi...