Intertwined- Drarry (Complete...

multi-fandom-mess18

When Mcgonnagal asked Harry Potter and his year to come back to Hogwarts to complete their education and tak... Еще

Author's Note
Warning ⚠️⚠️
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Warning!!
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
New Book!!!!
Chapter 18
The Proposal
The Wedding
Epilogue
Thank You!

Chapter 7

1.7K 85 59
multi-fandom-mess18

Warning: cuteness up ahead

Draco went back to his dorm, smiling and dazedly touching his lips. Stop it he said to himself as he tried to control the love sick smile that threatened to spill across his face. You are a Malfoy for Merlin's sake, stop being an idiot.

He quietly snuck into his dorm and into bed, and that was the moment his over analytical brain decided to go into overdrive. 

'What if this was just some sort of twisted joke? What if Ha-Potter was just pranking him so that he could tell the whole school tomorrow about what an idiot Malfoy is? Anyway why would Potter want him, the Golden Boy with a Death Eater? Of course it was a set up, and Draco had played right into it,' a voice in his head said. 

'You are thinking like a Slytherin Draco,' another voice replied. 'Think like a Gryffindor. They are too noble for that, only a Slytherin would do something like this, and Potter is the most noble Gryffindor. Hell, he is probably more of a Gryffindor than Godric himself,' the second voice said. 

'But what if it's true, he hates me and this is a twisted prank? I mean I am a Death Eater after all,' the first voice said. 

'You were a Death Eater, Draco' the second voice said again. 

"Great, now I am talking to myself," Draco mumbled out loud. But he knew one thing, Harry would never do something like that, with his Gryffindork attitude and hero complex. 

"Think like a Gryffindor, think like a Gryffindor, think like....." he repeated over and over to himself as he fell asleep. 

Nothing, practically nothing could remove the smile from Draco's face on Wednesday. He couldn't even bring himself to pretend glare at Pansy when she threw a blueberry muffin at him, because he was busy smiling at a particular Gryffindor who wouldn't stop smiling back. 

He saw the confused looks his friends were giving him, Pansy poked him in the side, "Draco, darling, you are smiling like a love sick puppy." Draco instantly tried to stop his smile but couldn't. Pansy rolled her eyes, "What did you do this time?" Even Blaise didn't stop her, he wanted to know too. "I'll tell you, but not here." They finished their breakfast and left the Hall, but not before Draco had discreetly waved at Harry. 

He pulled both of his friends into an empty classroom and cast a lot of silencing and privacy spells before saying anything. "Okay, I may have kissed Potter," he said, smiling shyly. Before he could say anything. Pansy was squealing and hugging him. "And I thought I was the Hufflepuff of the group," Draco said, laughing. Blaise just stood there and grinned at him, but he was so happy that his best friend had finally had his feelings reciprocated and he would find out what being loved felt like. 

Draco was practically walking on air as he walked into Potions and sat down next to Harry. "Hey," Harry said, smiling, and Draco held Harry's hand under the table before replying. They got to work on their assignment, which was preparing Wolfsbane Potion. Harry and Draco worked in a companionable silence and hung back after the class was over, and Harry kissed him as soon as the class was empty. Professor Slughorn had gone inside his office too. Draco pulled back and looked into the beautiful green eyes of the boy in front of him, he wanted to tell everyone that he was with Harry Potter. He didn't care what the others would think, he had Harry but he didn't know if Harry wanted the same. 

"How do you feel about telling everyone about us?" Draco asked him hesitantly. What if Harry thought they were just a fling? What if Harry was embarrassed of being seen in public with a Death Eater? His brain went into panic mode again. The black haired boy kissed him, effectively putting a stop to Draco's train of thought as he couldn't think about anything but Harry. Harry's hair, where Draco's fingers were tangled, or Harry's body which was pressed against his, and Harry's lips that were lovingly kissing his own.  He smiled softly as the two pulled away, a little breathless.

Harry held his hand tighter and said, "I really want to do that." 

Draco hugged him. "Okay then, tonight I might just kiss you in the Great Hall in front of everyone during Dinner," he said, grinning. They walked out of the room before they got late for the next class.

After lunch, Draco mustered all the courage he could and went to the library to meet with Ron and Hermione, he wanted to tell them himself what he was going to do at night. He really wanted their approval, because just like Blaise and Pansy, the two of them were his family. "Hi," Hermione said as he walked inside. Ron had his arm around her and gave him an acknowledging grin too. "So what did you want to talk about?" Hermione asked, shutting her book. "I like Harry and I am going to ask him to be my boyfriend, we kissed last night and he told me he likes me too," Draco blurted out before he could lose the nerve. 

He looked at Ron and Hermione's faces, the boy's jaw was touching the ground, but Hermione was smiling slightly, he looked at her confused. "It's not that surprising really, the two of you have been obsessed with each other since the beginning, and both of you know pain. I really think you guys should get together, because trust me you make Harry happier, he has smiled a lot more since he started talking to you," she said. Draco couldn't stop the smile from spreading across his face as Ron said, "Yeah mate, you are good for Harry." 

By dinner time Draco was a bundle of nerves, he had told Pansy and Blaise what he was going to do. As soon as Harry walked into the Great Hall with Ron and Hermione and took a seat at the Gryffindor table, Draco got up from his table and sat down on the empty seat next to Harry. 

"To what do I owe the honour?" Harry said, pleasantly surprised, with a hint of laughter and sarcasm in his voice. Draco could feel the whole school staring and he had wanted to achieve just that even though he felt very uncomfortable. 

"So I can't have dinner with my boyfriend anymore?" Draco asked, smirking but inside he was super nervous, thinking that what if Harry doesn't even want to be his boyfriend. 

Before Draco could overthink the situation more, Harry raised one eyebrow and said, "Boyfriend?" but he was smiling. "Well uh-uh if you know you-" but before Draco could finish stuttering his sentence out, Harry kissed him. After pulling away he said, "Of course I want to be your boyfriend." Now it was Draco's turn to lean in.

They could feel all eyes on them as they kissed, and Draco knew that there was going to be a lot of remarks he would have to bear through but in that moment none of that mattered, there was only the two of them as the whole world slipped away and the only thing he was conscious of was Harry....and maybe just maybe he would have Harry forever. The moment was broken as Ron shouted, "Get a room!" 

"Remind me to kill you later, please," Draco said, giving him a glare. Soon all the Eighth year Slytherins had made their way to the Gryffindor table and seated themselves on the empty seats. Harry put his hand on Draco's knee under the table and Draco was completely losing it. His heart was beating very very fast and it was just one touch, Harry Potter was going to be the death of him. 

On Friday morning all the students listened with rapt attention as McGonagall stood up to make an important announcement. "Since the dorms are getting very congested with the extra eighth years, we have built rooms on the third floor corridor for you. You all will be given a roommate, so as I announce your name and roommate please go to your dorm and pack your things because by lunchtime the house elves will shift your trunk to your new rooms. You have the day off to prepare for moving," McGonagall said and then took a pause to let the news sink in. Draco was now busy denying that he wanted to live with Harry, because it was pathetic how dependent he had become on him to stop the nightmares. 

"Your roommates will be as follows:" she continued, "Daphne Greengrass and Millicent Bulstrode," Draco didn't like the other girl all that much either, but she looked pretty happy at being paired with Greengrass, so he didn't care. 

"Neville Longbottom and Blaise Zabini, Ronald Weasley and Theodore Nott, Gregory Goyle and Damien Grant, Hermione Granger and Pansy Parkinson, Tia Porter and Susan Bones, Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter." Hearing this, Draco smiled and looked over at his boyfriend, it felt different referring to Harry as that, but good different. Harry was grinning back at him as he got up, intertwined their fingers, and walked out of the Great Hall together. 

McGonagall felt good to see the two boys finally finding happiness and staying in each other's company without being the other one. Merlin knows the two deserved the happiness after all they had been through. 

Back in his dorm, Draco sat down and took a minute to think about what had happened in the Great Hall, there was going to be a lot of hate coming, but he would have Harry to get through it and that made all the difference. He would have Harry right next to him at night now to get through the nightmares and wouldn't have to sneak to the owlery. Even though he had come to associate his calm feeling with a certain green eyed, black haired boy, he had become accustomed to the nightly walks, so maybe he would continue with those and take Harry along with him. 

He went for lunch and sat at his own table with all the Slytherins, but he noticed Harry wasn't eating as usual, he made a mental note to ask him about it later. He waved over at Harry who waved back, and then after lunch was over he went over to the Gryffindor table so the two could go to their dorm together. The room looked a lot like the way the Room of Requirement had looked all that time back; with two Slytherin and Gryffindor themed rooms and a common living area. 

Harry walked in and flopped down on the couch and Draco went and sat next to him, lightly pecking him on the lips. After a while, they got down to doing homework together, but with Harry looking so cute with his nose scrunched up at his Potions book, it was getting harder and harder to focus. After a while of watching Harry getting stuck at the same page, he decided to help him out a little. He took the book from Harry and explained the intricacies of Wolfsbane Potion to him.

Draco woke up, he could hear crying from the other room, he was instantly out of bed and in Harry's room who was twisting and turning as tears ran down his face. Draco went and shook him awake, he put his arms around Harry and comforted him as best as he could. They had gone to the owlery together at 11 and then came back to sleep. Harry cried into his shirt as Draco stroked his hair in an attempt to comfort him. They fell asleep together just holding each other and Draco was surprised that he actually managed to sleep through the night.

In the morning when Harry was still asleep, the owls started to arrive, tapping on the window one by one. He let them in and looked at the growing pile of letters with apprehension, he checked them for any curses or hexes and removed the ones he found. He slowly went through the pile feeling more worthless with every letter he read. He really didn't deserve Harry Potter. The boy was so good and pure at heart and then there was Draco, who had been a Death Eater. Draco looked up from the letter he was reading, when he heard footsteps approaching, Harry was standing there looking at him with concern. He didn't realise that he had been crying until Harry hugged him tight. 

"Draco, look at me, if this is because of the letters, then trust me, I don't care what any of them think, I am sick of caring about what the whole world thinks. I like you a lot and that's what matters, not what the people have in mind for me." Draco looked at him, saw the sincerity in his eyes, and almost believed it himself, but the thing was they were right. 

"Harry, I took the Dark Mark, I almost killed Dumbledore, I found a way to let Death Eaters into Hogwarts, I have always been rude to you and your friends… "Draco trailed off as Harry squeezed his hand, "The Dark Mark was forced onto you, you couldn't bring yourself to kill Dumbledore even with your own life on the line, you apologised to my friends and stood up for Hermione in front of Greengrass. You may have done bad things, but it's all in the past. Our past doesn't define us, there's both light and dark inside all of us, Draco, what matters is the part we choose to act on." 

Draco looked at him with a hint of a smile, "where's all the wisdom coming from?" A look of sadness passed Harry's face as he said, "Sirius." Sirius Black was Harry's godfather, but Bellatrix Lestrange had killed him at the end of fifth year. Harry's sad expression was replaced with a fond sad smile as he thought about Sirius. "We don't have to go to Hogsmeade if you don't want to," Harry said, concern lacing his voice once more. Draco felt so much affection for the boy in that moment for caring about him so much. "Really?" he asked. "We are not going to Hogsmeade," Harry said, as he pulled him in for a hug. 

"I really don't deserve you, Harry," Draco said. Harry smiled. "No, you don't, you deserve someone much better than me, and maybe someday you will find that person and leave me." Harry said, his voice taking on a sad tone. Draco quickly pressed his lips against Harry's and said, "I will have you know that this 'someday' is never coming, because there is no one out there who is better than you." 

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Author's Note:

Look who updated!! Anyway, how was the chapter?
Don't forget to vote and comment.
Loads of love,
x18potterheadx ❤

P.S. : The picture above is not mine, credits to whoever made it, found it on Pinterest. 

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

114K 4.1K 20
After the war, students who didn't get to complete seventh year are invited back. How is Harry going to be treated now he is the saviour of the wizar...
Sectumsempra Iguer

Фанфик

1.5K 47 16
During summer vacation after his fifth year at Hogwards, Harry can't stop thinking about something he overheard Draco say... that Draco has a crush o...
304K 12.6K 108
When Harry Potter discovers a distraught Draco Malfoy he sees a new side of his childhood enemy. He sees a boy who needs saving. "Potter: A Drarry F...
83.4K 2.6K 17
Muggle story Harry james potter. The shy boy. He was always reading or drawing, studying as an artist. Secretly gay and pretending to date one of his...