Pit-A-Pat ( Kuroo x OC fanfic...

By MissCoffeeMonster

Kuroo Tetsurou Fanfiction NOTE: I don't own some of the character names Synopsis Kuroo Tetsurou and Kou (O/C... More

Chapter 1 - Hate, Kuroo and Tsukishima
Chapter 3 - She
Chapter 4 - Misunderstood
Chapter 5 - Worst
Chapter 6 - What's wrong?
Chapter 7 - Sugar
Chapter 8 - Home Visitors
Chapter 9 - Fluttering
Chapter 10 - Today is day one
Chapter 11 - First Date, my heart is racing
Note

Chapter 2 - Rumor

118 0 0
By MissCoffeeMonster

"So, our dear Yuri-chan really have a date on Saturday with Fukurodani ace, huh?"

"huh...hhh..." the girl with little pink bow clip on her blonde hair instantly blushed as her friend gave her a teasing look and keeps nudging her. "Hana-chan... stop." she shyly giggles.

"Good luck on your date, Yuri-chan." Kou said, patting Yuri's cheek.

"Um-hm." Hana nodded. "...and be careful too. If I'm not mistaken Bokuto is close to Kuroo Tetsurou as well." she said with a mysterious grin.

At that statement, Kou's eyebrow quirked. As she knows, Bokuto was indeed close friends with Kuroo. The two boys know each other quite well being friends and opponents but she never thought it would matter in Yuri date with the Fukurodani's ace. Kotaro Bokuto is Kotaro Bokuto, Kuroo Tetsurou is Kuroo Tetsurou. If she'll base on the Kuroo Tetsurou that she knows and to what Bokuto and her older brother had told her, there's nothing wrong with them being close friends. Yes, they surely would have this weird dynamics together especially when it comes in pestering other people but for her, they're not the same.

The thought of picturing the Master of Provocation and Mr. Coolest McCool / Simpleton Ace together made Kou smirked. She shook her head - really different. She pressed her lips together as she decided to not give any comment, she just listen to her friends.

"Uh-huh... what's wrong with that?" Yuri asked curiously.

Hana's eyes widened on her oblivious friends. She look around and when she assured there's no one that near to them, she cleared her throat and leaned closer to them as she whispers. "You haven't heard? There is this rumor that Kuroo has an image of being a man who takes every cute girls in his class. They said he has this list of girls he had kissed and some went far to making out. Some story says that..." her voice gets more softer as she kept her guard up to be careful. "... for convinience, Kuroo have a separate phone for these 'cute' girls 'he had kiss and make out' so that incase they want to 'do' it with him, they could just message him the time and date and they'll meet in their chosen love hotel. I heard there's this new victim yesterday that-"

"Ugh!" Kou had cut off the conversation as she suddenly coughed out the water she had take. "Oh crap." she winced.

"Kou-chan, are you okay?" Yuri hurried and gave her some tissue. "Here."

"Oh, thanks." she accepted it then neatly wipes her face.

Seeing the brunette was fine, Yuri turned to Hana and gets back on the interrupted conversation.

"Do you know who was the girl, huh, Hana-chan?" Yuri asked as Kou, who was standing next to her, was sweating.

Talking about rumours, how can it spread that easily. Of course it was her, not if the rumoured boy was that into girls that he had kissed another after her yesterday.

Hana looked on the students on the hallway then back to her curious blonde friend. "Nope." she shook her head which certainly made Kou jumps happily inside her head. "I'm not that sure if that bad rumor about him was really true... I want to ask Yakkun about it but I think it will be weird."

Rumor. 60/40 it was a rumor. If it was true, Kou was certain that Mama Yaku will flip out and beat the bedhead captain.

"I don't think that was true..." Yuri mumbled as she shook her head. "Kuroo-san seems a nice person."

Hana shrugged her shoulders.

"Maybe the rumor will stop if he has a girlfriend." Yuri added, glancing at Kou to see if she'll say something.

The two never asked Kou but being friends with Yaku and Kai and hearing it from Kou's older brother, they discovered that she and Kuroo Tetsurou knows each other even before highschool as they had attended the same middle school. The reason of them being distant like they really didn't know each other made them curious but they don't want to force Kou just because of that.

"Yeah~" Hana nodded. "But some says he never gotten in any serious relationships... because of this girl..."

"There's a girl?"

"They said he liked her and he never tried to take advantage of her, if I remember she was a volleyball player too."

Kou was dazed for a moment on what she heard. She bit the straw of her juice box as the image of a faceless gorgeous girl appeared on her head. She shook her head down on her feet then look somewhere else to distract her thoughts. Unexpectedly, her gazed landed on this bedhead who could easily be seen because of his domineering height among the students scattered in the hall.

Her brows instantly furrowed.

Kuroo was standing far from them talking (more like listening) to his third-year teammates. He had this calm look on his face as he leaned on the wall with his hands inside his pockets.

Without realising it, Kou has been staring at him for awhile. The next seconds, Kuroo felt this strange gaze at him.

Kou blinks in shock, hurriedly looking away as she nearly got choke on her drink again when Kuroo met her gaze. She covered her cheeks with the back of her palm, feeling the blood immediately rushed into her face.

Kuroo grins, glancing on the girl's pale face awhile ago turns into a tomato red.

She knocked her head inside her thoughts, hoping that he really didn't caught her but badly, he did.

"Hey, Kuroo... I'm serious here! Why are you laughing?" Yaku snapped on their grinning captain.

Kuroo shook his head, one hand covering his mouth to keep the smile on his face.

"I'm sorry. I just remember something funny." he reasoned even the shaking of his broad shoulders won't kept the laughter he's holding.

"Mind to share it?" Kai asked with his kind smile.

"Kai! There's no time for that. I'm explaining something here for the upcoming practice game." Yaku exclaimed annoyingly.

"I'm sorry." Kai apologised.

Yaku rolled his eyes on them, arms crossed on his chest. "As I was saying..."

Kuroo just nodded at his teammates while Yaku continues on explaining something but he wasn't really listening. He was too busy glancing in every second on the girl who was blushing badly because of embarrassment after getting caught staring at him awhile ago.

Kou faces to the other side to make sure she can't see Kuroo even from the corner of her eyes. She look down, letting her hair covers her face, feeling a the heat on her cheeks.

"But if Kou said Bokuto-san was a nice guy, I think you shouldn't worry, Yuri. Right Kou?" Hana said as she look at Kou.

"What's wrong with me?" Kou asked herself as her hand lightly taps her chest. There's this weird sound of drums inside her that she can't explain. It started after a minute ago when her eyes met his from afar and all of a sudden the memories of yesterday flashed back into her head - the kiss.

"Kou... Hey Kou!" Hana waved a hand on her when she noticed her friend wasn't responding and spacing out. "Kou!"

"Huh!" Kou startled, blinking thoroughly. "Wh.. what are we... uhhh..."

"Are you sick or something?" Hana asked, noticing her friend flushed.

"Your face is so red." Yuri said, looking at her with awed eyes.

"Huh?... No. No!" Kou laughs, waving her hands to disagree. "I'm all good."

Hana and Yuri glanced to each other then look at her.

Kou smiled to them and she remembered the last topic they were talking about, she hoped she got her guess right.

"Yuri-chan, Bokuto is a good guy. Trust me." she said, giving an assuring smile.

"Um... Okay! Thank you, Kou-chan." Yuri smiled, hugging Kou.

Kou smiled, relieved that she gets the right words to say.
_________________

"puffff..."

Kou puffed out the air from her chubby cheeks, looking at a sign saying, written in capital letters - 'SOLD OUT.'

"What the hell." she muttered to herself.

It was the game she's been waiting to be released. Kenma told her to pre-order it online but when she did it was already sold out so she take a bus going to different game stores and she end up at the fifth store, still nothing. It's all sold out.

She took her phone when it buzzed, she received a text from Hana, telling her to hurry up - they'll meet at this restaurant.

She take a bus from Shibuya and she safely got to this restaurant at Toshima. She glances around the place and she easily spotted her friends - Hana and Yuri - but they aren't alone.

"Oh, Kou-chan."

Kou blinks, recognising the tall guy sitting with her friends. She walks towards them and the man stood up on his chair.

"I... Ishikawa-senpai." she stutters as the raven-hair gave her a hug with a pat on her back.

"Yeah, long time no see." Ishikawa chuckles, ruffling the small girl's hair.

"Ey!" Kou shot a glare at Ishikawa and slaps his hand off of her, he just laughs at her impoliteness - he got used to it.

Ishikawa Makoto was a tanned-skin college boy with black short hair. Even he's a year older to the girls, they know each other since he was the previous president of fashion club where they were into.

"We saw him at a store so we invited him to join us." Hana cheerfully explained. 

"That's fine, right?" Yuri asked.

Kou glances at her friends then to Makoto.

"Like Hana would let me shoo this old man." she said, hitting Ishikawa on his back, causing him to wince.

The hard hit was forgotten as Ishikawa got something on Kou's words.

"What do you mean by that, Kou-chan?" Ishikawa asked, quirking an eyebrow at her then to Hana, who look away from him as her cheeks turns red.

Kou smirks as she sat next to Yuri who covers her lips to hide her smile.

"Nothing." Kou raised a brow and shook her head at her senpai.

Makoto nodded few times and gave a last glance on Hana. She cleared her throat and smiles at him.

"O-okay..." he said wjth a shrug of hus shoulder as he sat back on his seat, opposite to the girls and leaned forward, his elbow on the table, resting his chin on his palm. He watched his three kouhai, chatting and he couldn't help to smile.

"I can't believe it... only a year had passed but you three really matured."

The older guy's statement made the three girls snapped their head at him.

"What do you mean by that, senpai?" Hana scowls. "Are you saying we look old?"

Ishikawa's eyes widened. "No, no! I mean you mature. Girls to ladies... Like that."

"Hn." Kou smirked. "Good, you cleared that. Hana would have kick your ass if you didn't."

"Uh-huh. Because you teach her how to kick a man's ass." Yuri stated as she picked her glass of ice tea and drinks.

Makoto laughs. "And here I thought you matured for a better change but Tsukishima Kou is still Tsukishima Kou." he said with a shake of his head.
"Shut up." Kou clicked her tongue and the three laughs at her.

"Oi, Makoto."

They all look up when someone called Ishikawa and two guys approached their table.

"O-oi, Takuma." Makoto saluted to them then gazed back to the girls who seems confused. "Ah, this is Takuma Sato... and Rin Kimura." he pointed on the guy with blonde spiky hair and then to the next guy with black hair tied in a bun. "My classmates."

"Ah~" Hana hummed, looking at the two boys then to her friends. "We're Makoto-senpai's underclassmen, I'm Hana then this is Yuri and Kou." the girls shyly smile.

"Nice to meet you, then." the guy named Takuma said with amiable smile while the one named Rin just nod, curiously looking at the girls.

"There's no more table." Makoto said, noticing the restaurant was now crowded. "You could join us."

"If the girls won't mind." Rin said, grinning.

Kou glanced between Hana and Yuri, they seems hesitant to answer but it's obvious that it is a yes, especially Hana who seems eager to talk to them. She knows how much her friend secretly admires their senpai since the first time she'd met him. She's even ready in case the-flirt-version-of-Hana-Mikoshiba would be activated for this whole dinner time.

"It's fine." Kou answered for her friends and Hana gave her a wink.

"Thanks, Kou-san." Rin kindly said, the girl gives him a shy smile. He can't help to chuckle when he saw her quickly looked away from him. "Because of your kindness... you girls could order whatever you want... It's my treat."

"E-eh?" Kou muttered, eyes widened.

"Really?" Hana exclaimed.

"Tell me you're joking." Makoto said to his classmate. "This girls might look cute but trust me they eat a lot." he pointed out.

"Senpai!" Hana grumbled, pouting at her senpai who burst out laughing.

"Hn. It's fine, just go and have anything." Rin said with his easy-going tone.

"Yes!" 

Kou laughs to see her friends giggling with excitement but she doesn't care if its free or what, she came to the place to eat - a lot, after her long trips because of video game hunting - she's starving.

Receiving a message from her mom, Yuri whispered on Kou telling her that she needs to go. Since they are all done eating and it's already 8 p.m., the girls decided to tell the boys that they're leaving.

"Kou-chan... You can take care of them right?" Makoto asked, watching the girls stand on their chairs.

"Oh, yes... senpai." Kou assured him. Makoto smiled at her, knowing the routine every time the girls hanged out late - Kou will be the one to take care of them.

"Are you sure you don't need us to accompany you girls?" Takuma cheekily asked, suddenly grabbing Kou's wrist.

The smallest among the girls look at his hand. Takuma quickly removes his hand on hers like he got shocked by electricity. He felt a sudden goosebumps, he swallowed nervously when he saw the darkness on Kou's eyes that gazed at him. He sensed coldness eventhough she's actually smiling.

"Thank you for the concern but I could take care of them." Kou said, grabbing Yuri and Hana's hands. She heard that Takuma whispered something and she saw the grin of the guy next to him but she'd ignored it all. "Thank you for the treat and it's nice to see you again, Ishikawa-senpai." she added, giving a small bow to Makoto.

"O-oh... Y-yes..." Makoto said, still shock on what just happen.

"Thank you." Hana and Yuri did the same before Kou pulled them, walking out of the crowded restaurant.

"Whoa! Kou... You're unbelievable." Hana exclaimed, glancing to her friend who was busy on her phone then to the glass wall of the restaurant, she could see the boys were still watching them. "You really scared the hell out of him."

"I didn't do anything." Kou muttered, typing something on her phone.

"Yeah right, you did not because you don't have to... He easily chickened out just by your stare." Yuri chuckles.

"I don't know but I think the other guy in man bun was the one who seems attracted to Kou."

Kou clicks her tongue, shrugging off to the conversation. She walks forward and raised her hand up when she saw a taxi.

"Yuri." she called and when the car stops, she opens the back door.

"Oh, thanks." Yuri said, hopping inside the taxi.

Kou leaned down to the window, looking at the driver then to her friend. "Just text me if you got home, okay? I also texted your mom."

Yuri nodded then waves at her friends, the taxi pulled away after Kou told him where the highschool girl lives.

With some conversation about school and other stuffs, Kou safely brought Hana to her apartment which was near the train station she'll take.

"Thanks for walking me home, my boyfie." Hana gives a squishy hug on Kou.

The small girl chuckles hearing the pet name she gave her and in the way she tightly holds her. "Go now."

Hana laughs, letting her go then started walking backwards.

"Bye bye." she waves, sending a flying kiss to her.

Kou smiles, waving back at her until she entered the gate. She stays outside and when she saw the lights on Hana's apartment turned on, she turns to leave.

She sighed in relief when she received a message from Yuri, telling that she's home and a frown appeared on her face when she read the new messages she receives. It has the same content but from two different person, from Akiteru and Kei - it was a bunch of messages asking where she is now and reminding her of the time, the other tells her to go home.

As much as Akiteru and Kei know that their sister could take care of herself, still they are aware that she was a girl.

"Tsukishima-san."

"Oh!?" the girl's eyes widened, startled when someone suddenly grabs her arm, spinning her around.

She blinks, glancing up on the man's face. She barely saw it clearly because the street lights in the area were a bit dim.

"You're that guy before."

"Rin... Rin Kinura." the man said.

"Ah." Kou lowly gasp, gazing down on his hand that still holds her and Rin took it away immediately

He shyly rubs the back of his neck. "S-sorry."

"What are you doing here?" she asked, confusedly looking around the place.

Even she wasn't that active on their conversation before, she still listened to them and among the topic that have talked about, she remembers that the college boys mentioned that they all lives in an apartment near their university in Minato so he supposed to take the opposite route.

"Ahh." Rin seems hesitant to speak, he glance down before looking at the girl again. "I actually... followed you."

"You followed me?" she asked directly.
The man nodded then he looked around the dark street.

"It's late so I want to drive you home." he muttered, blushing.

"Huh? No, no." Kou waves her hands to disagree. "I'm fine. I'll just take the train, I should go now." she said, politely giving a small bow on him before walking away.

"But you'll have to wait for another minutes alone, if you're going to take the train." Rin said, chasing the girl.

"It's fine." she said, quickening her tracks. She don't want to misunderstood him yet her instincts tells her to avoid him. She suddenly feel unease, it happens when he said that he followed her and now, it gets worst, knowing that he's walking behind her.

"It's late... waiting alone is dangerous... I'll keep you company until you got on the train." he added, finally meet her pace.

She glance at him but still advancing. "We're in Tokyo..." she huffed. "If I don't feel safe waiting on the station, I could just grab a cab to go home."

Rin suddenly slows down.

"Why are you rejecting my offer?"

That made Kou stops and turned to face him.

"Don't you like me?" he asked.

She was shock on his question but at the same time it sounds so funny on her ears. How could he ask her that question? They just met earlier. She hold her laughter, looking at Rin again with a raised a brow.

"No, I don't."

Rin huffed on the way the highschool girl bravely answered him.

"Why? What don't you like about me?" he confidently asked, thinking that the girl is just playing hard to get. He's aware on how good he looks, considering his popularity to girls, both on his highschool and university. It was his ego that tells him that it's impossible for a highschool girl to dislike a man like him.

Kou huffed, hearing his arrogant tone. She smirks, putting her crossed arms over her chest.

"Ahh~" she hummed, scanning Rin from head to toe. "I don't like your face, your boastful attitude, the sound of you voice like you'd been smoking your whole life..." she enumerated with head tilting on the side while staring at his face. "Also, I hate your thin body, you also have small eyes, your pointed nose...and your height too, it's not on my standards of tall."

"What?" Rin scowled at her, gritting his teeth.

Kou look at him again from head to toe and she shook her head with disappointment.

"Sorry but I don't like anything about you." she honestly said with a smile. "I answered your question so... I better go now." she walk away, leaving him in thunderstruck.

"Hey, wait."

He harshly grabs her arm again but Kou abruptly pulled herself away from him.

"Tch." she hissed.

"What a fucking joke..." Rin huffed. "Are you crazy? You're the one who agreed for us to join you? Do you know how much I paid for your food?"

"Ah~" Kou nodded then laughed. "So this is about that. You must feel like you wasted a lot of money trying to hit on girls." she muttered, unzipping her shoulder bag then pulls cash out of her wallet. "Here." she said, putting cash on his jacket's pocket. "You can keep the change, huh." she chuckles, patting his shoulders before turning around and starts to walk away.

"Wait."

"What?" Kou hissed, quickly advancing."Just get los- Ah!"

She squeaked, feeling a sudden pain on her butt after falling down on the ground. She slowly glance up and Rin was there standing in front of her with a proud smirk on his face. She scowled at him knowing he's the one who yanks her back and pushed her down.

"What!?" Rin asked in rage. "You know acting like a bitch will hurt you." he said, kicking her legs.

"What the fuck." she whispered as she stand up and pick her bag. She look at him with a smirk on her face.

"Hn." Rin sneers at her, wondering about the look on her face. "You could still smile like that? Are you aware that no one is around? Who do you think will help you?"

The girl stiffened, chin up as she steps forward.

"Myself." she declared, her voice was cold.

"My gosh." he scoffs. "You messed with the wrong guy... Do you think you can do this to me because your pretty?" he sarcastically laughed. "Come here, let me teach you a lesson."

Rin abruptly grabs Kou's collar, he pulls back to deliver a blow at her but he didn't expect the girl to be quicker than him.

Before his punch, Kou already grabbed him and throws him over her shoulders.

"Ah...hh." Rin winced in pain as he sat down like a jelly on the ground.

"What a fucking loser." she grumbled, kicking him on his legs. "Now, we're even." she said to him but the way he cried in pain proves that her kick was much stronger.

Kou quickly grabs her bag then run off.

"Hey!"

She glance back and saw Rin standing up so she rushed to look for an escape.

"Hey! STOP!" the chaser shouted.

"Yabai." she groaned, turning into a shortcut she knows. She jumps on a small gate and take another turn to go to the women's bathroom.

"HEY!"

"Damn it." it was closed.

Hearing Rin's voice calling her, she rushed, going to the closest room that she hopes have someone who could help her.

"Huh." she gasp for air, both hands on her knees the moment she stepped inside a room that what she thinks was a safe choice.

She straightened up and she was startled, eyes wide to see a familiar person inside the room she got in.

She's in the men's bathroom and currently looking at Kuroo Tetsurou who has the same shock, seeing her - he even look around, checking if he went to the wrong room.

"You're here!"

Kou had a small jump when she heard Rin's voice, busting inside the room.

The bedhead walks towards the sink to wash his hands but he keeps an eye contact with the girl reflected on the mirror in front of him. He noticed the sweats on her forehead, her paled face, her hair - messier than the usual, her clothes has dirt and most worrisome was those blue eyes of her that looks at him like she's saying something.

"Let's go." Rin grabs Kou's arm, seeing someone was with them.

"Don't touch me!" Kou snapped, slapping his hand away from him. She glance back at Kuroo and he was still watching her on the mirror.

"Come with me while I'm being nice..." Rin whispered on her, gritting his teeth.

"Ah." Kou yelped when he suddenly yanks her hand. "I told you, don't t-"

"Oi."

Rin turned on that, frowning. "What?" he asked curtly on Kuroo who had called their attention.

Kou blinks, glancing between Rin and Kuroo - they were glaring at each other. She doesn't know what she should do but she knows what she wants - She wants to escape without causing any trouble especially to someone like Kuroo. Unlike that incident with the basketball boys, this seems in a different level, she can't afford to bring someone in a huge trouble.

She looks down and started to walk towards the door but before she could past on the two boys, she was stopped by a huge hand that gently grabs her, pulling her back.

"What the hell are you doing?'

As shock as Rin, Kou glance up from the hand that holds her up to Kuroo's face as he dangerously look at her attacker.

"Ahh~ I get it." Rin nodded a few times and smirks. "You want her?" he asked on Kuroo, pointing at Kou. "I'm sorry dude but she's my girlfriend." he said, pulling the girl towards him, Kuroo was forced to let her go.

"What!? I'm not your girlfriend." Kou grumbled, hitting his hand away from hers.

Kuroo glances on Rin then to Kou. The older boy grins, holding the girl again by her elbow.

"Let me go." she whines, slapping Rin's hand again.

"You can go now. We need a little privacy to talk about something." Rin said, stepping in front of the tall teenager to block him from the girl.

Kuroo frowns after having a closer look on Kou.

"You have a scratch on your neck."

"H-huh?..." Kou blinks, confused on what Kuroo said. She taps a hand on her neck, there she felt a little pain as she runs her fingers on a scratch under her chin - she maybe get it when she thrown Rin.

Rin scoffed. "She's just drunk and we had a little fight, that's all."

Kuroo whipped his head on him. "I know her. She's a high schooler so she can't drink."

"Tch. You know what, if you're done, could you just go? I need to-"

"I wanted to." Kuroo intervened before Rin could have finished. "But I can't help but feel bothered." he said, keeping his eyes on Kou.

The girl blinks thoroughly, staring at Kuroo.

"I'm wondering why does she have a scratch on her neck and palm... why she's trembling..." he said, glancing at Kou's shivering hands.

Kou saw the glint in his eyes so she hurriedly curled her hands into fists and kept it behind her.

"...and why she's looking at me like that?" he continued, staring on her blue eyes that looks at him too.

"What's your problem, huh?" Rin huffed, pushing the taller boy's shoulder. "This is none of your business so just go out of here."

"You tell me." Kuroo said to Kou, ignoring this strange guy in front of him.

"W-what?" her voice almost crack.

"Is this none of my business?" he asked with raised brows.

Kou gulped, opening her lips and closes it when nothing came out.

"I can't do anything if you stay quiet."

"Ah." she stiffened, staring at his eyes. A smirk appears on her face - he's now in trouble. "Okay... I need your help."

"What the." Rin laughed, glancing at them.

Kuroo smirks back at her then take her hand.

"Okay, let's go." he said and starts to lead her out of the room.

"Who do you think you are?" Rin grabs Kuroo, turning him back. "I told you to-"

He didn't finished his words. Kuroo was quick enough to stops him by slamming him against the wall.

"You fucking asshole!" Rin yelled, quickly regaining his strength to stand up. "Do you have a death wish!?" he lunges, raising a fist for Kuroo but he perfectly dodge it.

Rin didn't give up, he tries to throw another punch on the young boy but before he could he was already down.

"Ah!" the college boy cried after receiving a hard punch on his face, he felt something painful on one corner of his lips.

"Tch. So annoying."

Kuroo blinks in shock, glancing down on Rin with bleeding lip and to the girl who punched him.

"Let's go." Kou said, tugging Kuroo's hand and she pulled him out of the bathroom.

"OI!"

Kou look back and saw Rin attempting to stand up.

"Run." she whispered, gazing up to Kuroo.

"Huh?" Kuroo asked her, confused.

"You can't be in trouble so you need to run." she said, pushing him away.

Kuroo glance on Rin who could barely stood but he knows thus man could still do worse.

"What a pain." he groaned, grabbing Kou's hand.

"H-hey... what are you doing?" she asked, wide eyes looking on him and to their hands.

"We'll run." he said and without prolonging the conversation, they both run.

"Huh?"

Being a student athlete, running is a routine for Kuroo but Kou wasn't but she was surprisingly faster than him.

They were running next to each other but after some seconds, Kou realised that their hands weren't connected anymore. She glances behind and saw him running like he's just doing a training jog.

"We're not in a jog, you moron. Hurry up!"

Kuroo startled when Kou yanks his hand and pulled him to run with her.

It was fast, too fast. Both run like they have no destinations. It supposed to be tiring but it seems that their gaining more energy than being exhausted.

"Hoo." Kou exhaled, suddenly felt the need to catch her breath. She look around and noticed that they're already in the train station, standing near the platform.

Kuroo gasps, glancing behind them. He sighed in relief, thinking that they lost their chaser.

At the same time, they look at each other and then she realised she's still holding his hand so she hurriedly pulled it away.

"S-sorry." she muttered, looking away from him. She blinks thoroughly, waking herself in reality. She have forgotten that she was with this man who she just cursed many times because of what he did to her and because of the rumor she heard.

"Darn it. Why of all people. Why him. After all that happened, I should be ignoring him... I should be mad at him, but I'm not."

"Who was that?" Kuroo asked.

"H...huh?" she stood straight, looking up on him.

"What are you doing, you idiot." Kuroo blurted out.

"W... what!? Me? I'm the idiot?" she asked pointing to herself. "You're the one who just-"

"Who just what?"

"Tch. Nevermind." she rolled her eyes, avoiding to look at his face that seems mad. "I'm sorry, okay..."

"You shouldn't punch that jerk..."

Kou smirks. "Why? Would you punch him?"

"I can protect myself."

"Tch." she clicks her tongue. "I know... but incase he reports this, atleast I'm the only one who'll be in trouble. You're an athlete, you can't be involve in this."

Kuroo huffed on her statement, he git something to say but he was interrupted when his phone buzzed. He pulled it out of his pocket and he replied immediately on this message he received.

"Girlfriend? You shouldn't keep her waiting." Kou said, looking around and she saw a perfect spot to wait for the train.

Kuroo glanced at her with furrowed brows.

"Don't tell me you believed on that stupid rumor?"

"Huh?" the girl blinks, looking at him, confused and he chuckle on how transparent her reaction was.

"All of that isn't true..." he said, playing his phone on his huge hand. XI don't have a girlfriend and most especially I don't have some kind of list. Here."

She glances at him then to the phone screen he was showing her - it was a message from Kenma asking him to meet him on the train station. She blinks, lips slightly open, not knowing what to respond on what he said.

"Ah~" is what the first thing comes out from her mouth.

Kuroo raised a brow at her, keeping his phone back inside his pocket.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Huh?" she look at him with wide eyes, realising that she really was laughing. She doesn't know why but when she heard that he doesn't have a girlfriend, it makes her.

His brows crossed, she glanced down before looking at him again, pressing her lips together to hold herself.

"No, I'm not." she denied, shaking her head yet she snorts, unable to suppress it anymore after looking on his annoyed face. She turn her head on the other side.

"Tch. You."

"Hn." she startled when Kuroo suddenly touch her with his long fingers, lifting her chin up to make an eye contact with her.

Kou felt her heart suddenly starts to beat fast.

"Those damn eyes again." she said to herself, staring at his cat-like eyes.

"Don't-"

He didn't finish.

It's too late for Kuroo to regret what he just did. It was a careless move for him as he felt a sudden heat on his face the moment he gazed on her deep blue eyes down to her nose and his eyes stays on her pinkish lips.

"Shit. This was like yesterday." he told to himself, hearing some sound in a weird rythym of drums on his head.

Kou didn't know what's wrong but her eyes was looking at his lips.

"Oh crap. What's wrong with me?"

The bedhead middleblocker gulped when he saw her bit her bottom lip. They both trying to control themselves as they both got nervous, both flushed.

He don't want to be hit again.

She don't want to be on the-girls-Kuroo-kissed-whenever-he-wants list for the second time (in case he was lying before).

He should break the tension.

She should do the same.

At the same time, they both glance a second away then look back at each other.

Kuroo coughed before speaking.

"Don't make this an issue. I just did this-"

"Because your brother told us to protect you... blah bab blah blah blah! Blah!" she cut him off. "Of course I know that but don't worry, next time I won't ask for your help. I can take care of myself and don't worry, this won't be an issue because Morisuke, Tora and even Lev had done this, you know." she gave him a smile. "But still, thank you for today, Kuroo-san. I'm going now. Bye."

After those words, she bowed down at him and luckily the train came, she hurriedly stepped inside, leaving Kuroo alone.

Yes, those guys she'd mentioned did the same. They did protect her even she didn't need to. But they never held her hand and most especially they never touch her but this guy did all of those things.

She did says to herself many times that whatever he does will never affect her but the truth is, it was a lie. If she stays for another minute with him keeping that eye contact and that limited space in between, she might explode.

"Inconsiderate, rooster head. How can he act so calm and natural after kissing me.... Dumbass." she whines as she kept her hands knocking her chest, her heart was still beating fast with her face blushing. "I think I run too much."

But after what happen, Kou have no clue how much damage she had done to Nekoma's Captain.

She really wrecked him.

Kuroo left alone with an open mouth while all her words rewinds on his head, again and again and again... until he notice the weirdest thing on that statement.

"What the hell."
______________

"Kai, Kenma." Kuroo calls.

"Hm?" Kai responded, he was busy plotting their schedules on their calendar while Kenma kept his eyes to his game.

Kuroo rubs the back of his neck, hesitant to ask about his dilemma.

"Did you guys... ah ever... uh."

Kai almost drop his pen and Kenma paused his game as they look up to their friend in unusual state.

"O-oi... K..Kuroo... are you okay?" Kai asked.

They never saw Kuroo Tetsurou like this. Never even in a game against tough teams. He was always the calm captain or what they say "Laid-back Kuroo" but now he was in total opposite.

They never heard him stutter when he talks so this is scary for them.

"What's wrong with you?" Kenma frowns.

Kuroo plopped on the couch, running his huge hands on his face up to his hair, ruffling it messily, eager to blurt out what's bugging his head.

"You know that your hair won't change even if you do that right?" Kenma joked, trying to break the tension.

Kai snickered, shaking his head.

"Are you going to help or what?"

"Fine." Kai replied, "This is the first time I saw you worried into something, so what's up?"

Kuroo exhales deeply, "I don't know. It just that... Kou-"

"Kou?"

"What's with Kou-senpai!?" Lev exclaimed happily, the moment he stepped in their clubroom, opening the door wide.

"Wassup!!! Wassup!!!"

The conversation had been totally interrupted when Taketora and Yaku came in as well.

"Oss!" Kai and Kenma greeted.

"I think I just heard Kou-senpai's name." Lev stated with excitement but no one speak up. "Something wrong?"

Lev was new to the team but being a first year, he was one of Kou's student and like the other first years, he finds a good dynamic with the little senpai. Just by talking to Kou for the first time, he discovers that what he heard was true, their Kou-senpai really knows a lot about the game. He really could asks her for advice and it really helps him. But he likes her not just because of that, he also likes her because of what his Tora-senpai had told him and he witness it himself, only by seeing her at the first time - the Kou-senpai they'd been talking is a goddess.

Kai just smiled at Yaku, Tora and Kai while Kenma focused back on his game.

The guys who just came in look at their captain, noticing that he haven't yet greeting them.

Kuroo was aware on their gazes but instead of greeting them he glare at each of them: Lev Haiba, Morisuke Yaku and Taketora Yamamoto.

"Something wrong, Captain?" Taketora asked.

Yaku cocks his head on the side, wondering what's with Kuroo. He pouted.

"What's with the glare? Loose it up grandpa." Athens libero said, lightly hitting Kuroo's back.

Kuroo frowns and look away. He stood up and decided to just arrange the stuffs inside his locker.

He can't bear to look at them at the moment, remembering what Kou said. It pesters him.

It keeps bugging his head. After Kou told him the names of these teammates of him who had did-what-he-did-too. Thinking of them also holding her hand pisses him.

What's worst was the way she addressed them. It was by their first names while he, the guy she knows longer than these guys, was called as 'Kuroo-san'.

"Damn it." he mumbled, throwing his shirt out of his locker.
________________

It was Saturday before Kou could go to school. She was waiting on a fast food chain as what Akiteru told her before going to Nekoma High since he wants to watch Kei on his first practice game while Bokuto texted her that he'll pick Yuri on her house.

She was on the line to make her order when she heard something behind her.

"Oh God, that girl is so hot." a guy said like he purposely make his voice louder for her to hear.

She want to make sure if she's not mistaken so she peeked through the side of her hair and saw two guys staring at her. She pulled her cap more down and let her hair cover her face as she try to think of what she should do.

"Ask for her number, dude. If she rejects you I'll try the next move." another guy stated.

She felt their steps behind her but before the guy could poke her, luckily it was her turn so she immediately step ahead towards the counter.

"Two burgers, an extra large fries, an ice cream.... a large one and a coke, please." she said in a hurry.

"Diet coke, ma'am?" the crew asked.

"No...no... the regular. please. Thanks." she answered.

She look back and saw the guys before looking at her with disgust. She sighed.

This is another solution for her to make someone get turn off on her.

Who will like a girl who eats so much alone?

She always makes herself not that girly to escape from this kind of situations. She wasn't like this before until things happen and she just decided to make her own move, not just by depending on her brothers and to others.

When her order was ready, she quickly carry it and look around for any available table yet there is only one left. Badly, it was not that good place for her, seeing the man who just stole her first kiss was on the next table.

"Oh crap. Why is this Rooster head here? He should be on school right now."

She got no choice so she walk through like a sneaking robber and went on the table next to his. Kuroo was sitting at the table near the window, busy on his phone that's why she was sure that he doesn't see her.

She lowered her head down and slowly sat on the chair, facing the door which was same as him. She thinks it will help her not to get noticed.

She began to unwrapped one burger and take a huge bite, unaware that the handsome middle blocker had already been watching her even before she could see him.

He's been watching her intently.

She bite another on her burger and pick two pieces of fries then eat. She chewed it while lightly tapping her feet on the floor.

Kuroo can't help to smile, seeing that she still does that habit whenever she loves her food.

He stared at the girl as her lips kept moving, munching her food and for a short moment, Kuroo focused only on her rosy lips and how shiny they were. She must have been using lip balm. Knowing her, probably something tasting like fruits. He was curious about the taste of her lips - not just the lip balm, but how it'd feel to kiss her.

"Oh shit." he exclaimed, looking away, blushing madly when he realized his thoughts..

He remember that stupidity he did again.

The feeling of it flashback on him so he stood up and leave immediately without looking back at her.

"Hm? What's with him?" Kou asked, wondering what happen to Kuroo.

An hour passed, Akiteru calls Kou to wait for his car outside. He drove to Nekoma with Kou and came an hour before they start.

"Yakkun! Have you told the first years to clean the water bottles?" Kuroo shouted.

"No need. Kou-chi did it for us." Yaku replied with a smile on their Captain.

"She even help us on these." Shibayama Yuki, Nekoma's 1st year libero, added, putting the towels and jerseys on the benches.

"Hn. Thanks God we still have a Tsukishima on our team or else Kou won't be here, right Kuroo?" Kai stated like he wants Kuroo to react and be thankful for having Kou.

Kuroo turned back at them and look on the water bottles that was neatly laid on a table, already filled with water and the other woth sports drink. Then his gaze moves on the girl standing not that far from him.

She was there enjoying a conversation with Fukurodani's managers and there are some boys with them too.

Kuroo clicked his tongue and huffed annoyingly, making his Yaku turn to him.

The libero followed his friend's gaze, he smirks to see what makes his annoyed face.

Kuroo frowns lightly when he saw Kou laughing on something Tora and Lev had said while the two boys blushed to see her smiling happily. He can even hear the sound of her laugh.

"Ohh~~~ Don't worry~ Kou-chi was just having a fun conversation with them~" Yaku started.

"Eh?!" Kuroo whipped around to see Yaku and Kai looking at him. "I'm not jealous!"

"I never said you were jealous."

"You said it yourself." Kai intervened.

Kuroo huffed, looking away from his oh-so-called friends.

Yaku and Kai look at each other and both shrugged.

"Akane really hated me because of that." Taketora said, laughing loudly.

"Who wouldn't. You shouldn't do that to Akane-chan. She's not a kid anymore." Kou reminded between her laughs. "It's normal on that age of her to have a crush."

"I know, but it's not normal to have a crush on this big giant here. I won't let my sister to end up with a guy who can't do anything." Taketora points at Lev.

Kenma at the corner, busy on his game, snickered after hearing Taketora.

"Hey! Don't laugh at that Kenma-san.And that's awful to say for Nekoma's future ace, Taketora-san." Lev defended.

"Oh yah. Ace on sucking." Kei said and everyone burst into laughter.

"Lev isn't that bad." Yukie Shirofuku, Fukurodani's manager, commented.

"I think he just needs more practice, that's all." Kaori Suzumeda, Fukurodani's manager, added.

"Thanks, senpais." Lev bowed with teary eyes.

"Not because girls complemented you, it means I'm convinced." Taketora scowled on the tall guy as he headlock him, feeling jealous.

"Awww! Taketora-san. It hurts." Lev cried.

"Stop that guys. You should start your warm ups before Morisuke could shout." Kou reminded, looking for Yaku and she was right. Yaku was already glaring on their direction.

"Hey, you kiddos! especially you, Behemoth!" Yaku shouted and pointed at Lev, "You should start your warm ups now!" the guys immediately move like soldiers then sat down on the floor.

"Right. Let's go Kaori, we need to do our job. Kou, we need to go now."

"Oh yah. Bye bye." Kou waved as Yukie and Kaori leave.

Kei was about to go when his sister stops him.

"Oi, Kei. Have you ate anything this morning or you skip your meal again?" Kou asked as she checked his brother's bag since he slept on his teammate's apartment last night. "I have to leave before the game so if you need something else, tell me now."

Kei frowns, "Big sis..."

"I'm not a kid anymore." Kou imitates Kei's deep voice. "Yah great. Look Aki. Just because he's taller than you now, our dear lil brother is acting so tough." she said as she tip toed to ruffle Kei's hair.

"Kou neechan..." Kei removes his sister hands away.

"Huh? Something was strange here." Akiteru squint.

"Why don't you ask them, Aki!" Yaku shouted.

"Did my lil brother got a girlfriend?" Akiteru asked on Kei's teammates near them.

"Maybe." Lev, Inuoka and Taketora answered with a smirk.

"Wo--Woah!" Kou gasped in disbelief as she sensed the tone of their answer. "Really? That's unfair? You kept it to me, huh Kei?"

"I'm sure you'll be so excited about it so I didn't tell you." Kei explained.

"Nice, Tsukki. You got a love life before your sister did? Awesome." Bokuto teased, joining the group.

Akiteru and Kei chuckles.

"Hey! Bokuto, you just got a chance on Yuri because of me. Don't forget that."

"I know, I know." Bokuto wrapped his arms on Kou's shoulders. "But you know what... Kou-ppe, here, can easily
find a boyfriend if she'll atleast dress up properly to impress boys."

"Shut up, you owl face!" Kou elbowed Bokuto.

"Aw!" he cried, holding his stomach. "See Aki! Who would fall for a girl like this?"

"I know someone." Kei said.

"I know someone too." Akiteru added.

"Oya! I forgot that." Bokuto nodded amd the three look at the same direction.

"Who?" Nekoma boys asked.

"Kuroo." Akiteru, Kei and Bokuto blurt out, seeing the bed head Nekoma captain approaching them.

"Aki! Kei! and you, Kotaruo!" Kou growled, glaring at the three mean boys.

"You mean... Kuroo-san likes Kou-senpai?" Taketora stated, looking at Kuroo. He frowns.

"Huh? Me?" Kuroo asked with a grin as she gazed at Kou

She looked away from him.

Kuroo looks at her from head to toe and noticed the big difference of the Kou before and the Kou standing in front of him now. She use to wear beautiful dress and have her long hazelnut straight hair pinned with a clip but now she was just wearing a white shirt, jeans and a pair of sneakers while she just let her hair down with waves because of frequent tying.

She'd changed.

"I'm sorry but that's impossible. She's not even my type."

"What!?" Bokuto and some of Nekoma teammates who heard him raged.

"Liar." Kenma mumbled while he was just sitting in a corner, still focus on his game.

"How would I'd be interested on a girl who could eat two persons' meal?" Kuroo stated, raising a brow on Kou.

"Hey! I'm not like that." Kou denied.

"Oyah? Then explain the two burgers, the extra large fries and ice cream you'd ate alone."

"Woah!" Bokuto and Nekoma players gasped.

"Oh my." Akiteru shakes his head, sighing.

Kou frowns after discovering that Kuroo had tricked him by acting like he doesn't saw her earlier.

"E-even so! You like me when we were in middle school." she defended, looking up to Kuroo with both hands on her waist.

"You mean. You like me." the bedhead pointed out, stepping closer to her and look down at her.

"You said you like me too."

"That's a lie. I just said it because you told me that you like me." he explained. "I don't want to embarrass you."

"Huhhh~~~??? It's obvious that you have feelings for me... you always look at me."

"Hn." he huffed. "Are you sure it wasn't because you keeps staring at me?"

"Of course not." she grimaced. "You also go to school with me everyday."

"That's simply because I'm a nice person and you always get lost because you're so poor at directions. You're like a stray cat."

"Excuse me?" Kou's eyebrows crossed, "What did you say?"

"I said you're a stray cat... Oh no! You're more like a stray cat that eats alot yet lack on docosahexaenoic acid." Kuroo laughed.

"You, Rooster head!"

"Stray cat."

"Shut up!" she shouted.

"Why don't you shut up yourself, little stray cat." Kuroo said sticking his tongue out.

"Nye!" she did the same too. "Why don't you and your bed hair of yours shut up too."

On the other hand, Akiteru, Kei, Bokuto and some of Nekoma players just watch, letting them bicker as they wonder what's really going on.

"I wonder who will win." Kei whispered.

Akiteru chuckled. "Kuroo is starting to use foreign terms, I think Kou won't last."

"Yah~ but Kuroo will got knock out." Bokuto said as the two keeps on fighting.

After another seconds, Kou sighed as Kuroo gave his last shot by calling her 'little stray cat' again.

"This is enough." Kou muttered as she pick her bagpack. "I need to go now. Bokuto, I'll leave Yuri to you, she just went outside to meet Hana."

"You're not watching the game?" Aki asked.

"I have paperworks to do. I'll just text you if I'll finish early. First years, I'll meet you on Monday. Everyone, goodluck on your game." she turned back after giving a smile and a salute on the boys then waved on Yukie and Kaori.

The boys watch her leave and sensed that her bright aura on her smile before she came, just got ruin by their captain.

Kuroo was like a standing manequin as he watch Kou walking away from them.

"I guess, she still hates watching games, huh." Akiteru commented.

"She never did even on your official games." Kei said and his brother just sighed.

"You, Master of Provocation, made Kou-ppe reach her limits." Bokuto said, patting Kuroo's back. "But obviously, you'd lost."

"K.O." Kenma muttered, turning his game off as he past on Kuroo.

"BORING~~~ Ahhh! Kou-senpai left." Lev whines, kicking his feet.

"Ahhh!" Inuoka cried in annoyance.

"Darn. I waited for this day... I thought this was my chance to show her my skills. Haist!" Taketora shouted as he leave then the others followed.

"I gave you a chance and you blew it." Akiteru smirked.

"Better luck next time. If there will be a next time." Kei said.
__________________

"Ms. Tsukishima, you sure you can carry that alone." Ms. Ayame, their English teacher, worries after Kou volunteered to help her. "You can call for Mr. Yamato or any guys out there, if you want."

"Ah, no ma'am. I can handle this." Kou smiles as she lift up the big box of books without any difficulties then wobble out of the school basement.

"Fine then, but please be careful walking down the stairs."

"No worries ma'am. I'll be going now." she said, bowing a little before she left.

As Kou walks down the hallway, there was the handsome tall guy who she hates to see, walking behind her.

He grins after seeing her then bounded down to meet her pace and whistle a song for her to notice him.

Kou look to her shoulder and glared at Kuroo then continue to walk down the stairs.

"Hey, let me carry that for you. That seems heavier than you." he teased.

She stopped and face him.

"Ha.ha... funny. Coming from a lanky guy like you."

"Me? Lanky? You saw me at the locker room right? Judging your reaction back there, I think you doesn't seen a body of a lanky guy." he said proudly and grins.

"Tch." Kou rolled her eyes then start to walk again.

"Give it to me. Come on." he insisted as he followed.

"I'm fine on my own. Thank you. I don't need help, especially from you."

Kou makes her steps quicker than before to lost him. But before the last three steps down the third floor, she felt a sudden lightness of her whole body.

She looked down and saw the box she was holding before was out of her grip and all the stuffs inside of it were scattered down the stairs.

"Good grief. You scared me." Kuroo sighed.

She blushed when she gazed up and realised that Kuroo was holding her. One hand on her waist and the other grasping her wrist.

"Are you okay?"

She was too stunned, unable to respond while her heart beats faster than the usual.

"Oh crap. Speak Kou... Speak."

"Oi, Kou." Kuroo shake her off when he noticed that she isn't moving or even blinking but just staring at him.

"Oi!"

"Ah, I'm sorry..." she blurt out, carelessly stepping back away from.him.

A big thud echoed on the empty hallway.

After a minute, Kou opened her eyes. She felt no pain and instead of feeling the cold floor, she felt warmth after falling from the stairs.

She sniffed and smell a familiar scent then looked up and her eyes widen, seeing Kuroo lying under her. She tried to move yet Kuroo's arms were tightly wrapped around her.

It happened because Kuroo swiftly held her and turned over the both of them before she could fall down the stairs.

"Kuroo." she calls, patting her palm on his chest. "Kuroo Tetsurou."

There's no response. Her eyes widened, staring at the man's closed eyes.

"K-kuroo." she calls again, tapping his cheek, nervously. "Hey, wake up."

She crawls up, as much as she could from his tight grip of her body, nearer to the unconscious man's face and she cupped his cheeks gently tapping him with her shaking hands.

"Kuroo, please... This isn't funny." her lips were trembling.

It was after seconds and Kuroo finally open his eyes.

"Ow~" he grunts, wincing as he slowly sits up while still holding her. "That's-Ah!"

"What did you do, you idiot!" Kou shouted, hitting his chest.

"Huh?" Kuroo startled, eyes widened when he look at her, she was crying.

She was crying heavily.

He panics, immediately grabbing her arms, looking for any scars or bruise.

"Oh shit. Are you hurt?"

"Are you kidding me? Of course I'm not!" she cried out.

"Heh?" he deadpanned, looking down at her face that turns red as she cries more.

"You dumbass! You're the one who fell down badly." she hit him harder again and again on his chest. "Idiot, idiot!"

"Hey! Stop." Kuroo grasp both of her wrist. "It hurts, you know." he laughs, watching Kou still crying like a baby.

"What the hell. This isn't funny!" she pushed him lightly. "You're so stupid!" she cried more.

"Shh... Don't cry." he hushed her, wiping out her tears with his thumb.

"Don't touch me." she whipped her head away from him.

"Tch. Don't eat your hair." he chuckles, removing a stray hair on her lips.

She frowns at him but still crying.

"Hey, stop crying. I'm not dead." he stared at her and noticed her cheeks and nose start to reddened. "Did they know?"

"Know what?" she sniffs, wiping off her tears.

"That you're so ugly when you cry." he laughed quietly.

"You jerk!" she yelled and glared at him even her voice quavers. She looked down on her hands that shakes because of nervousness. "You shouldn't do that! What if you get hurt... then you-"

She'd been cut off when Kuroo suddenly fall, leaning his head down on her shoulder.

"Fine. Fine. I get it. You don't have to yell. As long as you're alright, I'm fine so stop crying."

Kou froze, staring at the white wall, her tears fall again.

"Why do you leave without saying anything to me back then, Kuroo?"

It was a sudden question yet Kou blurt it out.

"Why?" she cried more, feeling the throbbing on her chest. Her hands held a fistful on his shirt, feeling the eagerness to hear his answer.

"That day, did you come to watch the game?"

Her eyes wide out, surprised on his question and her tears that was earned from the past came out.

She cried more.

"I do... I came to see you... I waited... I waited so long Kuroo... but you didn't show up." she cried out as the memory from before flashed back on her.

When Kou was five, she came to her grandmother's hometown in Kyoto to spent her summer vacation and in that same day she'd met this boy who lives next door and has the weirdest hair she had seen. His name was Kuroo Tetsurou.

Back then Kuroo was a shy boy who can't even introduced himself but since his grandparents and her grandmother know each other, they made it sure that the two kids becomes friends. At first it was hard for Kou to reached out to him, she wanted to ignore him but he's the only kid around her age in the neighborhood and his grandparents asked her to be friends with their introvert grandson, telling her that once he got into something he could be talkative. The next summer break Kou came back to Kyoto with an idea on how she'll be friend with Kuroo. Loving the sports, the girl asked the boy to play baseball since she thinks it might get his interest but it didn't work out, he completely ignores her offer. Until the next summer came, she tried another sports which was the sports of her older brother and it perfectly got Kuroo's attention like he transforms into a different person, being extraverted whenever they play or watched some replay games. At the age of eight, Kuroo moves to Tokyo with his father. He met some friends there including Kenma but he still make sure to visit his grandparents every summer in Kyoto where he could see Kou as well.

When Kou was 12, from Sendai, she moves to Kyoto to attend the same school where his older brother was and at that time, Kuroo moves back to the city to continue his studies. They attended the same middle school and they become closer more like bestfriends than the usual summer break friends. Going to school, having lunch, and walking back home together becomes a routine but neither of them feel tired of each other - they even hang out in weekends and in their school breaks even it's just the two of them. On the days spent together, they do fight but not long enough before the day would have end, they both assured that at the same day they will be good - their grandparents even makes fun of their grandchildren saying that the two were like cats when they fight.

Second year of middle school came, Kuroo starts to get busy on his volleyball club as his team excels but even so, nothing had change from what they used to be but one day... Kou came at that day, hoping to see and watch Kuroo's game yet he was no where to be found. There's no Kuroo Tetsurou on the court. She gone around to search on the place but there's really no him. Then after that day, he never showed up - not even in any summer breaks that passed. His grandparents also left the city and the last thing she heard about him is that he transferred to another school. He just disappeared like that.

After middle school, Kou moved from Kyoto to Tokyo with her mother and brothers. Like him, she went to Nekoma High and that day, she saw him again. She met Kuroo Tetsurou but he never reached out for her to talk. She tried but she was scared, thinking back that maybe she have done something to him that's why he's ignoring her. She never got that courage she needed as he never reach out for her as well until they'd end up ignoring each other in the whole two years of their highschool like they really didn't know each other - like they never become best friend who spent most of their times together.

Kuroo shook his head.

"I'm sorry. I got scared. I thought you hated me."

"What are you saying?" she tried to push him from her but Kuroo wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tight.

"I'm sorry. I'm a coward... things got complicated. I got lost. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Kou doesn't know why, his words really didn't answer her question but she let him leaned on her as she felt that Kuroo need her.

The feeling was so warm.

It was so tight.

It was an impulse, her hands moves up on his back, she pats his head.

It was quiet as an immeasurable time passed yet something cut the moment.
It supposed to be sentimental but it was interrupted by a growl.

A stomach growl.

Kou bit her lips and Kuroo slowly pulled back from her.

"I'm sorry." she chuckles, scratching her cheek in embarrassment.

Kuroo burst into laughter as he cupped her face and wipes out her tears.

"Let's first bring this stuffs then after we could eat, okay?"

"Wait." Kou grip his wrist before he could stand up. "Are you sure you're not hurt? We can visit the infirmary first."

"I'm fine." he smiled and about to stand but Kou grabs his hand, pulled him to sit back.

"Tch. Let me see."

She kneeled up then runs her hands on his hair, checking if there's any bleeding or bump.

Kuroo tilted his head on the other side when he realised her upper body will be just an inch from his face if he doesn't move.

"Don't move."

He swallowed on his dry throat as he feel nervous when she moves closer. He can smell her sweet scent and he felt her fingers brush from his head down to his nape and even touches his ears like she have no clue on the effect of it on him.

"I can't see anything... didn't you feel any dizziness?" Kou asked as she sit back to look straight at him then gently rubs the side of his forehead with her thumbs.

Kuroo didn't answer.

"Kuroo."

He just stared at her so she cupped his face.

"Hey! Kuroo!"

"Um."

"Ouch!" she winced in pain, rubbing her forehead. "Why did you flick me?"

"Because you're so ignorant. You stray cat! You should not touch a guy anywhere and whenever you want." he exclaimed as he stood up and pick up the box on the floor and begin to clean up.

"Huh?"

Kou pouted, glaring at Kuroo and he look down at her.

"Don't just stare there. Hurry up and move so we can eat."

"Fine." she said then start to pick the scattered papers on the floor.

They head to the teacher's lounge then to the cafeteria and sat across each other with trays of food.

"How can a small person like you, eat that much?"

Kou scowled at him and pick her chopsticks.

"We have the same meal, you Rooster head."

"That's what I'm saying. I'm much bigger person than you are and we have the same meal." he laughed.

"Stop making fun of my size and just focus on your mackarel, you old man." she smirked, remembering how much Kuroo loves mackerel since before.

Kuroo begun to eat but still all eyes on her as she look down, enjoying her food, not caring on how she looks.

"Can you stop looking at me. I might loss my appetite." she said when she caught him, staring at her.

"Impossible." he playfully grins, seeing a bit of sauce on her cheeks and her nose was still red because of crying earlier. "Pigs never loss their appetite."

"You!" she stood up and about to hit Kuroo yet he grab her both wrist.

"You look so funny." he laughed. "There's a sauce on your face, you know... and your nose was still red."

"Errr!" she growled as she pull her hands out of Kuroo's and wipe her face then sat back to eat again.

"Kou."

"What?" Kou responded as she look up from her food to his face.

Kuroo look away and slowly runs his hand on his nape like he was hesitant to begin.

"Speak up." Kou raised her brows, chewing her food.

He look at her, "About what I did...umm... the kis-"

"You're sorry?"

"Yah." Kuroo nodded.

Kou gazed down while she stabs her chopsticks repeatedly on the carrots on her plate.

"I really don't-"

"Let's just forget about that." Kou cut him off again. "You saved me today so I'll fogive you besides I know your just messing with me."

"But-"

Kou glared at him, "No buts... Do you want me to hate you?"

"Huh?"

"Let's just forget about that okay? Just promise me that you won't do that again."

"Ah... o-okay." the only word that came out on him, feeling nervous on her tone.

They finished their meal and they ended up walking home together. Kuroo asks her since he said he'll be going on the same route.

"I'm here." Kou speak up, facing him when they arrived outside her house.

That was a long ride and walk without talking yet he was relieve when he heard her voice again.

Kuroo exhales, "So... I'll be going now."
Kou nodded with a pressed lips smiled.

"See you on Monday, then." Kuroo stepped backwards like he's waiting for a word from her.

"Hn." she just nodded again and they turned back from eachother.

Ten feet apart, Kou looked back and saw him walking so slow, like he was so tired.

"Kuroo!" she shouted.

Kuroo quickly turned back. His eyes widened and a smile appeared on his face as he saw her smiling, waving at him.

"Bye bye." she shouted, waving above her head. "Thank you for today!"

Kuroo waved back and waited until she entered the gate then leave with a big smile on his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.1K 2.3K 70
I do not own any of the characters. Y/n are a supe. But not a famous one, that didn't work out. Now you are one of the sevens PAs. Maybe, briefly Th...
166K 6.1K 12
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
293K 8.2K 137
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
37.7K 813 14
Jake, Sunoo and Jungwon went to a bar they had never been to before, And while they were there in that bar, they didn't know that there were four men...