Two River!Be More Chill react...

By thatagenderkid

This is my favourite type of book in the bmc fandom and i've wanted to make one for a while but never had any... More

What's Be More Chill?
ACT ONE | SCENE ONE
ACT ONE | SCENE TWO
ACT ONE | SCENE THREE
ACT ONE | SCENE FOUR
ACT ONE | SCENE FIVE
ACT ONE | SCENE SIX . 1
ACT ONE | SCENE SIX . 2
ACT ONE | SCENE SIX . 3
ACT ONE | SCENE SIX . 4
ACT ONE | SCENE SEVEN
ACT ONE | SCENE EIGHT
ACT ONE | SCENE NINE
ACT TWO | SCENE ONE
ACT TWO | SCENE TWO
ACT TWO | SCENE FOUR
ACT TWO | SCENE FIVE
ACT TWO | SCENE SIX
ACT TWO | SCENE SEVEN
ACT TWO | SCENE EIGHT
ACT TWO | SCENE NINE
That was Be More Chill.

ACT TWO | SCENE THREE

1K 30 137
By thatagenderkid

heere we go, are y'all ready? cause i'm not 😩

i've been dreading this one cause it's SO EMOTIONAL. SEND HELP.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCENE THREE

(JEREMY runs into a bathroom. Locks the door, takes several deep breaths. Sits down on the edge of the tub. A MONSTER HAND reaches up to grab him. JEREMY screams. The hand pulls itself up, revealing...)

MICHAEL
Sup.

Christine snorted.

JEREMY
Michael? I didn't know you were invited to this party.

MICHAEL
I wasn't. Which is why I'm wearing...this clever disguise!

This causes a few chuckles from the group.

(JEREMY just stares at him.)

You're speechless. Squip got your tongue?

Chloe laughed, "Ha, that's clever..."

JEREMY
It's..off.

MICHAEL
That would explain why you're talking to me. (Beat.) I've been thinking about this moment. What I would say to you? I had this really pissed off monologue, an epic journey through twelve years of friendship... (off JEREMY) What?

"I could only imagine how you feel..." Christine says sympathetically, giving Michael a small smile, getting one in return.

JEREMY
It's really good to see you, man.

MICHAEL
It won't be. Once you hear what I found out.

JEREMY
Found out?

MICHAEL
About...

(He taps his head. JEREMY realizes what he means.)

JEREMY
How? There's nothing on the internet

MICHAEL
Which is weird, right?

"Yeah, what's not on the internet?" Jenna says.

I mean, what's not on the internet?

Jenna looked shocked. How did they keep doing that?

So I starting asking around. Finally, this guy I play Warcraft with... Told me how his brother went from a straight D student to a freshman at Harvard. You know where he is now?

"Did that kid happen to go to a theater camp?" Christine asks, looking at Michael.

He looks confused. "Uh, yeah. Why?" he responds.

Christine's eyes go wide. "I know him; he went to theater camp with me!" they say, looking surprised. "He was a senior when I was a sophomore..." (if you get that reference i will love you forever)

JEREMY
Really happy and successful?

"Hahaha, no son." Jade mumbles.

MICHAEL
He's in a mental hospital. Totally lost it.

Christine looks at Jenna sadly, who nods, confirming that the information Michael on screen was saying was true.

JEREMY
I don't see what that has to do with...

MICHAEL
Think, man! We're talking an insanely powerful super-computer. You really think its primary function is to get you laid? Who made them? How did they end up in a high school? In New Jersey? Of all possible applications for such a mind-blowingly advanced technology, you ever wonder what it's doing inside YOU?

"Michael, the voice of reathon!" Rich says, throwing his hands in the air. He wished that he had a voice of reason that intervened before everything went downhill.

(Beat.)

JEREMY
And I thought Chloe was jealous...

Brooke frowns, "Don't bring her into this." Chloe looks hurt, not wanting the previous scene to be brought back up. She shifts uncomfortably, her girlfriend runs her fingers through her hair.

MICHAEL
I'm honestly asking!

JEREMY
Really? Because I think you're pissed I have one and you don't!

Jake furrows his eyebrows, "Dude, he was the one against the squip."

MICHAEL
Come on,

JEREMY
Maybe I got lucky, is that so weird? With my history, I'd say the universe owed me one.

"Didn't Michael go through the same shit you went through?" Jade asks, confused.

And I don't know about your friend's brother's whatever, but if you're telling me his squip made him crazy.

MICHAEL
His squip didn't make him crazy.

JEREMY
Oh. Well... There you go.

MICHAEL
He went crazy trying to get it out.

Rich nods sadly, remembering how his own squip made him feel so worthless. What it drove him to do... He would never forget, especially considering the scars covering nearly his entire body are a big reminder.

(Beat.)

JEREMY
Then I've got nothing to worry about. Why would I want that?

(He heads for the door. But MICHAEL is in his way.)

Move it.

MICHAEL
Or you'll what?

Jade and Issie grip their beanbags, preparing themselves.

JEREMY
Get out of my way. Loser.

Issie lets of a breath, "And there it is." She mumbles. Jade nods sadly.

"How dare you! MiChAeL nO!!" Christine shouts, going wide eyed at the scene.

Jeremy looks sadly at Michael, knowing that this moment would come up sooner or later. "I know I've already apologised a million times, but I truly am so so sorry. It hurts me to no en-"

Michael grabs Jeremy's hands, "It's fine, Jer... Just, let's let it go okay? We've already talked about it, we're past it..." Michael sighs. He was more nervous about the musical showing what happened after that. He felt himself start to become nauseous.

(MICHAEL steps aside and JEREMY exits. A knock on the door.)

JENNA ROLAN
Hello! Other people have to pee!

MICHAEL
I'm having my period.

"That was you!" Jenna shouts, shocked. The entire group start laughing at her. Even Michael chuckles. The feeling in his stomach choked his laughter.

(Beat.)

JENNA ROLAN
Take your time, honey.

Issie leans over to Jade's ear and whispers, "That never works!" Jade nods in agreement.

"Michael In The Bathroom"

MICHAEL
I AM HANGING IN THE BATHROOM

Michael's eyes widen as he realizes that the entire scene was going to be shown. His face goes white. He lightly pushes Jeremy's arm from around his shoulder, curling up into a ball. He buries his face into his knees and hugs them, trying to calm himself down. Jeremy looks at him, concerned. As for the hosts, they grab ice cream and tissues, knowing full well they're gonna need them.

AT THE BIGGEST PARTY OF THE FALL
I COULD STAY RIGHT HERE
OR DISAPPEAR

"No one deserves to disappear..." Issie sings, tears lining her eyes and her voice cracks slightly. She carries on eating the ice cream from the tub. (oh me too)

AND NOBODY'D EVEN NOTICE AT ALL

The group feel tears well up in their eyes. Michael silently sobs, remembering the exact words that were sung in the bathroom that night.

I'M A CREEPER IN A BATHROOM
CUZ MY BUDDY KINDA LEFT ME ALONE
BUT I'D RATHER FAKE PEE
THAN STAND AWKWARDLY
OR PRETEND TO CHECK A TEXT ON MY PHONE
EVERYTHING FELT FINE
WHEN I WAS HALF OF A PAIR
NOW THROUGH NO FAULT OF MINE
THERE'S NO OTHER HALF THERE

Jeremy reaches to comfort Michael, but he shys away from the touch of his boyfriend.

NOW I'M JUST
MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM
MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM AT A PARTY
FORGET HOW LONG IT'S BEEN
I'M JUST
MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM
MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM AT THE PARTY
NO YOU CAN'T COME IN
I'M WAITING IT OUT TILL IT'S TIME I LEAVE
AND PICKING AT GROUT AS I SOFTLY GRIEVE

"Sorry Jake..." Michael mumbles.

The party host waves him off, "It's fine, not important."

I'M JUT MICHAEL WHO YOU DON'T KNOW
MICHAEL FLYING SOLO
MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM BY HIMSELF
ALL BY HIMSELF

PARTY GOERS
(KNOCK-KNOCK)
(KNOCK-KNOCK)
(i swear they don't knock here??)

"Now I feel bad for being so impatient." Jenna says quietly, looking at Michael. No one knew how to comfort him, seeing as he never let anyone see him like this. Michael was always the one who comforted you, never the one who needed comforting. Everyone looks at him with tears in their eyes as he quietly sobs into his arms.

MICHAEL
I'M HIDING, BUT HE'S OUT THERE
JUST IGNORING ALL OUR HISTORY

"No! I wasn't..."

MEMORIES GET ERASED
THEN I'LL GET REPLACED
WITH A NEWER COOLER VERSION OF ME

Jeremy slightly flinches at the way Michael says "cooler".

AND I HEAR A DRUNK GIRL
SING ALONG TO WHITNEY THROUGH THE DOOR

(I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY)

Chloe goes red, "That was me..." She gets a couple of chuckles in response.

AND MY FEELINGS SINK
CUZ IT MAKES ME THINK
NOW THERE'S NO ONE TO MAKE FUN OF DRUNK GIRLS WITH ANYMORE
NOW IT'S JUST
MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM
MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM AT PARTY
I HALF REGRET THE BEERS
MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM
MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM AT THE PARTY
AND AS I CHOKE BACK TEARS

"Petition to normalise men being upset." Jade says to Issie.

"I'll sign."

I'LL WAIT AS LONG AS I NEED TILL MY FACE IS DRY
OR I'LL JUST BLAME IT ON WEED OR SOMETHING IN MY EYE

"It must suck to be a guy sometimes. It's sad how our society shames men for crying..." Christine says, speaking from the heart. They sigh and look at Michael, who was trying to hide his sobs.

I'M JUST MICHAEL WHO YOU DON'T KNOW
MICHAEL FLYING SOLO
MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM BY HIMSELF

PARTY GOERS
(KNOCK-KNOCK)
(KNOCK-KNOCK)

MICHAEL
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
THEY'RE GONNA START TO SHOUT SOON
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
AW HELL, YEAH I'LL BE OUT SOON

Jeremy's eyes widened. He looks to the boy on his left, "Did I cause you to have a panic attack?..." Michael nods.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
IT SUCKS HE LEFT ME HERE ALONE
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
HERE IN THIS TEENAGE BATTLE ZONE
CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG
I FEEL THE PRESSURE BLOWING UP

Issie looks at Jade who is tiktok dancing. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Dancing through the pain."

BANG BANG BANG BANG
MY BIG MISTAKE WAS SHOWING UP

"I should've stayed home... What I did was useless..." Michael mumbles between sobs. Jeremy hears him though, tears lining his eyes.

SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH
I THROW SOME WATER IN MY FACE

Jeremy sighs, Thank god he remembered to do that...

AND I AM IN A BETTER PLACE

Rich says, "Thometimeth, that'th all you need..." Everyone tries to think of something to say to Michael, but it was no use. They had no words to describe how relatable and sad his situation was. Each of them could find something to relate to in this song, Jade and Issie included.

I GO TO OPEN UP THE DOOR
BUT CAN'T HEAR KNOCKING ANYMORE
AND I CAN'T HELP BUT YEARN
FOR A DIFFERENT TIME
BUT THEN I LOOK IN THE MIRROR
AND THE PRESENT IS CLEARER
AND THERE'S NO DENYING I'M JUST

Jeremy is in tears, he slides across their seat to the sobbing Michael, wrapping him in a huge hug. He loosened his grip on his knees, appreciating the sincere hug from his boyfriend.

MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM AT PARTY
IS THERE A SADDER SIGHT THAN
MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM (i know he hums this line but it's in the script, don't come for me...😟)

Jeremy gasps at the humming. "I used to hum when you had them in the past..."

MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM AT A PARTY
THIS IS A HEINOUS NIGHT
I WISH I STAYED AT HOME IN BED, WATCHING CABLE PORN

Jade snorts. "What are you laughing through the pain now?" Issie asks. Jade nods.

OR WISH I OFFED MYSELF INSTEAD, WISH I WAS NEVER BORN

"No, don't ever say that! I care about you, and I love you so much!!" Jeremy says, holding Michael closer.

I'M JUST MICHAEL WHO'S A LONER
SO HE MUST BE A STONER
RIDES A PT CRUISER
GOD, HE'S SUCH A LOSER

"Your not a loser- you're the love of my life. My favorite person!" Jeremy mumbles into Michael's ear.

MICHAEL FLYING SOLO
WHO YOU THINK THAT YOU KNOW
MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM BY HIMSELF
ALL BY HIMSELF
ALL BY HIMSELF
WELL ALL YOU KNOW ABOUT ME IS MY NAME
AWESOME PARTY I'M SO GLAD I CAME

Jade pauses the show, the atmosphere is tense. Michael unwraps himself from his ball, grabs a tissue and wipes his eyes. Jeremy looks at him and says, "Words can't describe how much I need you." Jeremy grabs Michael's cheek and pulls him into a kiss. Michael melts into it instantly. They both pull away. "Mahal kita..." Jeremy says, smiling like an idiot.

"Mahal din kita!" Michael says, pulling Jeremy in for a second kiss. He places his hand on the back of Jeremy's neck, interlocking his fingers - Jeremy's hands go on his thighs, rubbing them softly. The tall boy was never letting his player one go ever again.

Christine screeches as they watch their ship sail. "Jenn-" Jenna is five steps ahead of them. Jenna's phone was aimed at the boys, taping their intimate moment. This was the first time they've kissed in front of people.

Rich screams, "I DONE THAT! I WROTE ON THEIR BACKPACKTH-" Jake shut him up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

woop! thank god thats over 😢don't worry though, future chapters will be happy!! also; achievement unlocked: writing in another language for intimate moments ✌🏽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 1.1K 155
Read and find out😏 Yes that's a cop out because I'm terrible with descriptions 😭 but this book got a lot of shenanigans Discord for this story: ht...
134K 5.2K 20
A Jeremy and Michael story for all you shippers out there. Two boys made for each other (in one way or another) will have to navigate the hardships...
16.7K 426 23
Highest rank: #1 in Squip (5-9-22: This story is very outdated in my humble opinion. But, if you ever wondered what it would be like to become a Mary...
353K 7.9K 114
Our two favorite gays with fluff, angst and even smut. Including original short stories like "The Soapy Shower Series" and "What's A Smut Challenge...