Things Change

By mrsmalfoy818

Hermione and Draco are forced into close proximity when they are made Head Prefects that share a common room... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 47

2.9K 88 24
By mrsmalfoy818

| "Despise not death, but welcome it, for nature wills it like all else."

-Marcus Aurelius |

When Hermione woke up - minutes or hours later, she did not know - everything was completely black. As she tried to move, she found that her hands hand been bound together, and she couldn't move her legs. Hermione wriggled around and eventually gave up in defeat. She had no idea what she could do. As she sat up and leaned up against what may have been a wall, she heard movement. She couldn't see, so she strained her ears to listen.

"Hello?" she called softly. "Who's there?"

Hermione heard someone walking towards her. There was the unmistakable click of heels on the floor.

As the woman roughly grabbed her arm and yanked her to her feet, Hermione tried to yell in protest. As the words left her mouth, she felt the grip of the woman tighten, and she knew they must be apparating. In worries of being splinched, Hermione leaned into the woman she did not know, and felt herself being pushed and pulled in all directions before stumbling onto solid ground.

The woman dropped her arm like it was filth and walked away. As she walked Hermione heard the familiar crunch of sticks, and she knew they must be outside.

Somewhere close, she heard people talking - more like arguing - about a boy. But Hermione wondered who?

Suddenly her blind fold was removed, though it didn't help much. It was so dark Hermione could only see a few feet in front of her, which, in this case, was trees and branches scattered among the forest floor. She guessed they were back in the Forbidden Forest, but had no idea how the woman had apparated onto Hogwarts.

Hermione checked to see if she was still unable to move, and she was, so she focused on listening to the conversation.

"-is he now?" She heard a familiar voice ask.

"I don't know, probably with that Avery girl, why?"

"Who knows if we can trust him," the woman hissed. "I've heard that he's been sneaking around with that filth, Merlin knows why. And if you ask me, I wouldn't disagree. He's seems to be a lot more sympathetic to her." Hermione tried as hard as she could but she couldn't make out the woman. She knew that voice, just couldn't picture her.

Hermione wasn't stupid. She had already figured out what they were talking about. It had been her and Draco. Her heart was racing inside of her chest at the thought of someone figuring out. It could be dangerous for both of them. Especially now, seeing as Hermione was kidnapped and these people were having doubts about Draco.

Thoughts raced through her mind as she thought of Draco. Wondering where he was. Was he close?

Draco may have hurt her before but right now, she wouldn't mind seeing his face right now. Anything that would bring her some sort of comfort. But no, she was stuck here.

"Draco? With that mudblood," a man sneered. "Get real, Pa-"

But Hermione didn't here the rest seeing as someone suddenly appeared next to her. Hermione could feel their breath on her neck, but was too scared to look yet. She prayed it was Draco, but already knew it wasn't.

As she slightly turned her head, she saw the familiar face of Ella, and her heart fluttered, knowing there was hope.

"I'll get you out of here,' Ella whispered harshly. "Take this, I'll be back," she added, thrusting Hermione's wand into her hand.

Hermione heated up the tip of her wand and singed the ropes bonding her wrists. Savoring the feeling of being able to move, Hermione whispered the counter-curse for the leg lock. She was free to move, but decided that was not a wise idea. She didn't know what was waiting for her after the two people in front of her. Or how to get out of where ever they were.

As she squinted her eyes, she could finally see the females face. She was shocked as Pansy looked over at her.

"Oh look, it's awake."

The male turned around and Hermione didn't recognize him. Austin, the new death eater, looked over at her with a evil sneer on his face.

"My, my," he growled. "Look who's finally come around." He took a few steps towards her and before either of them registered what was happening, Hermione had disarmed them and petrified them.

With her heart pounding, she looked around. Looked for anything. A way out, or maybe lights.

But she found nothing. She started to panick as she registered just how bad this situation was. She started to mentally curse herself, when someone came from behind.

Hermione's POV

I spun around, ready to curse someone into oblivian when I saw it was just Ella again. I let out a deep breath and smiled.

"Oh thank god it's just you," I whispered. She didn't smile back at me, instead her face was hard and I wondered why, but didn't ask. This wasn't the time.

She started to walk away, and I followed.

I can't believe that I got myself into this. How could I have been so stupid and not kept my guard up. And here I am now, following my friend through the woods, to who knows where. This was all very bad.

None of this was supposed to go down that way.

I wondered where Draco was, if he was here. He must be though. This is his crowd. The Death Eaters.

I mentally groaned as we entered a clearing. Ella paused and turned towards me.

"I think this is the right place," she said not bothering to whisper.

I was just about to ask what she was talking about when about six figured stepped out of the shadows. We were completely surrounded.

This was not part of the deal. Definitely.

My heart started pounding in my chest. All I could think was Draco. Draco. Draco.

I looked over at Ella, she didn't seem as shocked.

I quickly whipped out my wand and was ready to curse them all of their feet, but I didn't get that far. Before I could open my mouth, a wand was pointed at my throat.

"Don't move a muscle."

I took in a shaky breath as I lowered my wand. I was definitely not expecting this either.

"Ella," I whispered harshly, "what are you-"

With a quick flick of her wand, I was silenced.

"Don't talk to me, you filth." I was a little slow at the moment, but who can blame me? Look at my predicament! But once the gears started turning, it all made sense.

Ella was the one from the prophecy. I had considered her in the beginning but it just didn't seem to fit. Well, look where you are now, great job, Hermione.

"You see this?" Ella asked, grabbing my forearm and pressing the tip of her wand on my scar. "This is what separates you and me."

Suddenly my scar started to burn, and the word Mudblood became more defined. A deep red, like it was being burned into my skin.

I stifled a scream, not wanting her to know that it hurt.

She dropped my arm after a moment, and became to circle me.

"You know," she drawled, "you being the brightest witch and all, I would have expected you to figure this all out already, but no. You just let me into your life and made it all too easy. Even Draco didn't expect a thing from the innocent little Elizabeth Revay."

I wanted to scream back some retort but, obviously, I still couldn't talk.

So I just glared.

"But, maybe you know my father?" She paused and looked at me with a menacing grin on her face. "No? That didn't click either?" She clicked her tongue and continued walking. "People give you too much credit. Anagrammin? I'm sure you've heard it before..." she trailed off.

I thought about it for a moment. Revay? Previous death eaters? Oh!

"Ah, I see you got it know," she noted. "Yes, Benjamin Avery. My father..."

It was silent for a few moments and I all heard was the pounding of my heart in my ears.

"Now I bet you're wondering why we're here." Actually, I already knew the answer to that one, so no. But I could feel her charm starting to wesr off, I just needed to keep her occupied until then, so I nodded.

She launched into a brief explanation about how even though their Lord was gone, they - meaning his followers, the death eaters - still had their beliefs about what was filth on this earth. So hence why they are here now.

"Well it's been nice talking to you. Maybe if you weren't so annoying we could have been friends, but now it's time for you to leave us. You should know there was quite a dispute on your head." She glanced over her shoulder. "Draco should be here any minute," she noted casually.

I've been trying to keep my face neutral this whole time but, something must have crossed my face because she looked at me with a grin.

"Yes, Draco Malfoy," she said with a hint of excitement in her voice. "You should know that your dear friend Draco set this whole thing up, led us to you and made everything so easy."

No. That isn't true, I told myself. Because it couldn't be true.

As she said this, Draco came into the clearing. I noticed his hair first. He quickly glanced at me and I wished he would tell me what was going on, but judging by the look on his face, he didn't know either.

He was about to say something, when the silencing charm wore off, and everything broke out into chaos.

Someone shouted a disarming spell, and soon spells were flying all over the place. I noticed some familiar faces. Members from the Order, teachers, a few schoolmates, all battling these death eaters.

I quickly looked around, ducking a few spells doing so, try to find Draco.

I found him locked into a conversatin with the man I had petrified earlier. They seemed to be arguing. But he turned towards me.

As I looked into his familiar face, everything seemed to be okay. His face softened as he stared back at me, his grey eyes piercing my soul. And as he raised his wand, everything seemed fine. I didn't have my wand or anything, and so it didn't seem like such a bad option. There was nothing left for me to do. So I closed my eyes, whispering his name. I opened my eyes, glancing around at the battle surrounding us. I nodded my head slightly, letting him know I was ready. And then I let the green light hit me square in the chest. And I knew no more.

*A/N*

The End!!!!!!!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Ahah just kidding. But I bet none of you saw this coming, and that's how I wanted it. So, anyway, Hermione got hit by the killing curse, what will happen now? Why'd Draco do it?!?! :'(

Just a heads up, there's only going to be two more updates after this (one chapter and the epilogue) and I can't tell you how upset I am that it's almost over. But thank you all for sticking through all my mistakes. I love you all :*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

815K 13.9K 32
When the war survivors from the school of Which Craft and Wizardry return to finish their remaining years, everyone seems to have different feelings...
6.1K 78 30
After the Second Wizarding War and Hogwarts has been pieced back together to reopen- Hermione Granger makes the decision to finish her education as i...
1.1K 65 10
Fumbling, bumbling dates of Draco and Harry, eager but inexperienced. Mix in confusing feelings about their past conflicts... *Sequel to Captivate *1...
14.8K 472 59
To the outside world Isabelle Luvair had it all.. but to her, something was always missing. She hoped to fill the ever looming void, when her overpro...