The child of healing part 2

By DragonJ8210

This is part 2 of the child of healing More

The child of healing part 2

4 3 0
By DragonJ8210

The dog-eagle
We are now back at Florence.
Within the workshop of Blaise and his two apprentices.
At first glance, the workshop with one word, was messy.
There were as many sculptures, paintings as there were books.
Which was odd, considering that up stairs where everyone slept, was clean unlike the workshop, but as they say, a busy mind, likes a messy environment.
Blaise was the one who read all the books, while Toby and Ambrosius were the ones making art and sculptures.
Toby liked painting and Ambrosius liked making sculptures.
The atmosphere in the workshop was almost magical.
Not a word was spoken.
All that could be heard was the sound of a page being flipped, a brush on paper and a hammer and chisel striking marble.
Blaise was sitting in his chair, reading a book.
Blaise looked over at what Toby was painting.
Blaise put his book away and then walked over to Toby.
" It looks almost done, what is it? " said Blaise curious.
" I call it: The calm before the battle. It shows Pleistarchus preparing himself and his men of 300 against the turks " said Toby rather excited.
" Ah, and I see that you are using Michelangelo's statue of David as reference, clever idea using a sculpture for a painting " said Blaise while patting Toby on the head.
Blaise then walked over to Ambrosius, who was hard at work with his sculpture.
" And may I ask what you are making? " said Blaise.
" I will tell you when it is finished " said Ambrosius with a smile.
Blaise also smiled and said
" Fair enough "
Blaise walked back and sat in his chair.
Blaise looked at his two talented apprentices with his light blue eyes.
Blaise now had a smile on his face, a smile which only a old man like Blaise could make, smile filled with excitement and pride over his two adopted sons.
The old man went back to read his book.

Toby took a break from painting and wanted to take a walk through the beautiful city that was Florence.
The climate in Florence was always perfect, the weather was neither too hot nor too cold, it was always just right.
The sun was shining down on Toby's blonde hair, the light also made Toby's bottle green eyes shine a bit.
Toby just exhaled through his nose at how peaceful everything was.
The calming wind and the warm faces of the people.
And the smell of fresh bread.
Truly, this was what it meant to be alive.
But, the blissful moment was interrupted by a certain squirrel saying
" Look up in the sky " said Ratatoskr.
Toby looked and said
" What is it? "
" Is it a dog? " said Tyche.
" Is it an eagle? " said Hecate.
" No, it is an DOG-EAGLE! " said Ratatoskr.
But Toby was still confused.
" Oh I see now, the creature is known as Glasya-Labolas, a President of hell " said Hecate.
Glasya-Labolas had the body of a dog and the wings of an eagle.
" But what would a President of hell be doing here? " said Toby concerned.
Toby then noticed that Glasya-Labolas was flying over a certain man, who looked like he had lost the will to live.
The man kept on walking to places where there were fewer and fewer people.
Toby now gave chase to the man.
After having walked for awhile.
The man was now alone at an alleyway with Glasya-Labolas over his head.
Toby hide so that he could not be seen.
The man mumbled something to himself.
The man then started to cry.
The man then took out a knife from his pocket.
The man then held the knife to his throat.
" No! Why would he do something like that " said Toby.
" It may not be his fault, for you see, Glasya-Labolas is known for making people kill themselves " said Hecate.
" We must do something! " said Toby.
" Don't worry. I can help " said Hecate with confidence.
Toby now looked up at Glasya-Labolas.
From behind Glasya-Labolas opened a portal, from out that portal came the massive head of a dragon.
The tiny dog-eagle just looked in horror at the massive head of the dragon.
The dragon then ate Glasya-Labolas whole.
The dragon head return back into the portal, the portal then closed.
" You did Hecate " said Tyche.
" Not exactly. It is true that I destroyed Glasya-Labolas, but the King of hell can easily bring back the dog-eagle " said Hecate.
" Odd. The man still looks like he wants to die... " said Ratatoskr.
Toby said nothing, Toby instead just walked towards the man.
The man was sitting on a box with the knife at his throat.
All the man saw, was the cold ground.
" Hello there "
The man looked up and saw Toby.
The man immediately put away his knife and wiped away his tears.
" Hello, can I help you or something? " said the man.
" No, but I can maybe help you. May I know your name? " said Toby with a smile.
The man just looked at Toby.
" My name is James "
" Hi James, my name is Toby "
James just looked at the kid and the more he looked, the more he felt hope within his heart and soul.
" How can you help me? " said James.
" Well " said Toby as he sat down next to James
" I can just listen " said Toby with a smile.
James felt even more hope within his heart.
" Uhm, okay. I am an artist, or more like a struggling artist. I have not been able to find any patrons who would hire me. All of them keep on hiring Michelangelo or Leonardo da Vinci.... nobody wants to give me a chance... " said James, losing the little hope that Toby gave him.
Toby just looked at James with understanding in his eyes.
" I am sure that if you keep on trying, that there will eventually be someone who wants to hire you " said Toby.
" You may be right, but I don't have the money to buy the necessary equipment... " said James.
" So, what you are saying, is that you lack money " said Toby.
Hecate then made a small sack appear from out of thin air.
" Here, you can have these " said Toby handing over the small sack to James.
James took the sack and opened it, and what James saw, made him cry, tears of joy.
The small sack was filled with money.
James looked at Toby, and Toby was just smiling.
" I...... I can't take this " said James.
Toby thought about it for a moment.
Toby then said
" Then how about this, some of the money is me hiring you for the future. The rest is a tip " said Toby with a smile filled with hope.
The tears in James eyes would not stop.
" Okay..... till the day you hire me, I shall in the meantime have made many paintings, till the day comes where I can make one for you " said James.
Toby and James then hugged each other.

Toby returned back home, where he was greeted by Blaise while Ambrosius was still working on his sculpture.
" Does he ever take a break? " said Toby.
" Yes, but only even he collapses from exhaustion " said Blaise.
Toby then took two of the cookies that Blaise had made.
Toby gave one of the cookies to Ratatoskr and eat the other one himself.
" You know Blaise, I have been meaning to ask " said Toby.
" What is it my dear child? " said Blaise.
" What is this workshop of yours called? " said Toby rather curiously.
Blaise closed his book and then said, with a big smile on his face
" Speranza "
Toby smiled.
Toby then went back to paint art.

The Syracusia
One day, at night, while Toby and Ambrosius were asleep.
Blaise was reading a biography about the legendary Archimedes.
Archimedes is known for inventing many things, and his achievements are countless, but there was one of Archimedes inventions that caught Blaise's eye, the Syracusia.
Blaise's eyes glowed and then suddenly, near the port of Livorno, the Syracusia itself sprang out from the water, like magic.
Blaise closed his book and then smiled.

It took a couple of days, but Blaise, Toby and Ambrosius finally reached the port of Livorno, where many people had gathered far and wide to see the legendary and long since thought gone, Syracusia.
Everyone at the port looked in awe at the magnificent ship.
What people noticed immediately was the artwork that depicted the entire epic of the IIiad alongside the walls of the Syracusia.
Inside the Syracusia, were equally unbelievable things.
For inside the Syracusia was a library, a gymnasium, a large dining hall and statues of the greek gods and goddess.
The Syracusia with one word, was breathtaking, but while the people admired the ship that should be considered one of the wonders of the world, people were also wondering where the ship came from, but only one man knew the answer to that question.
Blaise, Toby and Ambrosius were all three looking at the beauty before them.
" Blaise, why did I have to come? I am still busy with my sculpture " said Ambrosius.
" Taking a break once in a while is not a bad thing, my apprentice " said Blaise.
" But I do take breaks " said Ambrosius rather confused.
" Sleeping can not be considered a break.... " said Blaise a little worried about Ambrosius' health.
" Hey look, what are those two doing? " said Toby.
Blaise looked and then said
" Oh, that is just Leonardo and Michelangelo fighting to get on the Syracusia " said Blaise.
" I knew that you were a bastardo, but fighting to get on a ship, is a new low even for you, Da Vinci! " said Michelangelo.
" Oh shut it and get back to draw dicks on walls! Sei una testa di cazzo! " said Leonardo.
" Come boys, we did not come here to learn now words.... " said Blaise while taking Toby and Ambrosius onboard the Syracusia.
Everyone, including Blaise, Toby and Ambrosius absorbed everything they could from the Syracusia, its artwork, its design, but they were also enjoying themselves while admiring the ship.
Toby felt a wave of inspiration hit him.

Back at the Speranza.
Toby was working on a new painting, while Ambrosius still worked on his sculpture.
" It looks marvelous, may I ask what it is? " said Blaise rather lost for words on Toby's new painting.
" I call it: The last supper of the round table. King Arthur, his brother, his wizard Merlin and many of his knights are enjoying their last supper before Camlann " said Toby.
Blaise just looked at the painting and was still lost for words.
Blaise just patted Toby on his head and sat back on his chair and read a new book.

The Syracusia is still at the port of Livorno and thanks to the Syracusia, many people from far and wide came to Italy to see the ship that should be one of the wonders of the world.

Marquis of hell
The alluring sun was starting to shine down on Florence.
Toby had just entered the workshop after going out to get some breakfast.
" Guys, I have brought the Cornetto " said Toby.
" Excellent " said Blaise who then helped Toby carry some of the bags.
" Ambrosius, take a break and come and eat something " said Blaise looking over at Ambrosius.
" Later " said Ambrosius without even looking at Blaise, giving his full concentration on his sculpture.
But Blaise was having none of it.
Blaise walked over and took Ambrosius under one arm.
" What do you think you are doing?! " said Ambrosius from under Blaise's arm.
" You did not eat dinner last night, so I refuse to let you skip breakfast, and after breakfast, I will make sure that you take a wash " said Blaise, who was not in the mood for Ambrosius who was a constant workaholic.
Blaise walked over to Toby who enjoyed some Cornetto while Ratatoskr was enjoying a small piece of Cornetto.
The whole family now enjoyed a Italian breakfast.
After breakfast was eaten, Blaise struggled to get Ambrosius to the bathroom so he could wash all the dust of his whole body.
Meanwhile.
Toby had cleaned the table and washed the dishes, and then Toby decided to take a walk through the magnificent city known as Florence.

" So Toby, do you have an idea to what you will be drawing next? " said Tyche.
" No, I have no clue.... " said Toby.
" Don't worry dear, I am sure something will come to you " said Hecate.
All of a sudden, a dog come and acted playful towards Toby.
" Hello " said Toby who then proceed to play with the dog.
" I don't get it, what is so special about dogs? " said
Ratatoskr.
The dog then barked at Ratatoskr.
Ratatoskr quickly jumped from Toby's shoulder to the top of his head.
Toby, Tyche and Hecate all three just giggled.
Toby spent some time playing with the dog, but after a while, Toby had to head home.
" Sorry little friend, but I must go now, I must think of what to draw next " said Toby.
The dog was sad but understood.
The dog then ran into an alleyway to join his friends.
" Good riddance " said Ratatoskr.
But then Toby heard a sound coming from the alleyway.
" What was that? " said Toby.
" It sounded like the dog " said Tyche.
Toby quickly ran into the alleyway and what he saw broke his heart in two.
In the middle of the alleyway was Toby's friend in a pool of his own blood, over the body was a creature that had the body of a wolf and the tail of a snake.
The creature that had killed Toby's new friend was known as Aamon, the Marquis of Hell.
Aamon glared towards Toby.
But Toby did not notice the glare.
All Toby noticed was the blood of his friend on Aamon's lips.
Aamon opened its mouth, which resulted in a huge wall of fire was now heading towards Toby.
" Toby, MOVE!!! " yelled Ratatoskr.
But Toby had still not recovered from the shock of seeing his dead friend, luckily, Hecate was quick enough to cast a magical shield which protected Toby from the flames.
Aamon was now furious.
Aamon was about to charge towards Toby.
But that was when, from behind Aamon, was what looked like a man, who ran his spear, which pierced and killed Aamon.
" Who the hell is that??? " said Ratatoskr.
" Don't worry, he is one of mine, he is one of my many reanimated greek soldiers " said Hecate nonchalantly.
" You are scary.... " said Ratatoskr in a scared tone.
The greek warrior then vanished.
But Toby had still not uttered a single word.
Ratatoskr looked at his friend, worried.
" Toby..... " said Tyche.
Toby had the look of someone who had lost a piece of his soul.
After a while.
Toby slowly started to walk towards his friend.
There was still a pool of blood but that was not what Toby was looking at.
All Toby noticed, was the dead eyes of his friend.
Toby's tears now started to roll down his cheeks.
" Hecate....... could you bring him back?..... " said Toby.
" I could, but you would not like the result.... " said Hecate in a worried tone.
Tyche now cried from within Toby, even Ratatoskr had tears in his eyes.
" Could you at least, make all the blood disappear " said Toby in a shaking tone.
" That I can...." Said Hecate who then made all the blood vanish.
Toby then picked up his dead friend and started to walk towards a spot where he could barry him.
While Toby was walking, the people of Florence noticed Toby carrying his dead friend, but none of the people made an effort to help Toby, for they could see on Toby's face, that this was something he had to do alone.
What all the people of Florence instead did, was to make sure that they were not in Toby's way, while saluting Toby and the good boy he was carrying.
Toby finally reached a spot where he could barry his friend.
After his friend was buried.
Toby stood over his friends grave, in complete silence, while the sun was setting in the distance.
Toby had finished another painting that day, he called it " The fall of a best friend "
In the painting could the dragon knight be seen carrying his best friend, just like Cain carried Abel.
Toby put down his brush and was just sitting in his chair.
Ambrosius looked over at Toby with his amber colored eyes.
Ambrosius put down his hammer and chisel, and then he walked over to Toby.
Ambrosius hugged Toby and that was when Toby started to cry within Ambrosius' embrace.
Blaise looked at his two sons.
Blaise then walked over to comfort one of his sons.

Within his castle.
Moriarty/Anansi was playing a game of chess by themselves.
That was when the new Pope, Cesare Borgia walked into the throne room.
" I NEED your help " said the Pope.
" When don't you need our help... " said Moriarty/Anansi.
" Mind your tone, you speak with the Pope " said Cesare in a strict tone.
Moriarty/Anansi gave the Pope a look which said that they could kill him whenever they felt like it.
The Pope quickly realised his mistake.
" I apologize.... it is just that my enemies are driving me into a corner, I need a new way of defeating them " said the Pope while also hoping that Moriarty/Anansi would forget what he said earlier.
" We see, then why don't you hire Leonardo da Vinci to built new weapons for you " said Moriarty/Anansi while moving the bishop.
" Da Vinci? What does he know of war? " said the Pope confused.
" He knows nothing of war, but that has not stopped him from creating designs for weapons of war, and even we must admit that his ideas are ahead of his time " said Moriarty/Anansi who then threw a folder with some of Leonardo's designs.
The Pope looked at some of the designs, the Pope now had a smile on his face, a smile which a Holy man, especially the Pope, should not have.
The Pope then left the castle.
Moriarty/Anansi then put the King in checkmate.

The great mage teacher has a talk with the Spider-Napoleon of crime

We find ourselves yet again at the castle of the Spider-Napoleon of crime.
Within the throne room sat Moriarty/Anansi and in front of them was a game of chess and a chair.
Moriarty/Anansi slowly opened their eyes the moment they realised that their guest had arrived.
The doors to the throne room opened.
" Welcome, we have been expecting you " said the Spider-Napoleon of crime with a smile.
From the doors walked in the great mage teacher himself, Blaise.
Blaise walked to the chair and then he sat down.
" You have been giving one of my sons a hard time " said the great mage teacher.
" Indeed we have, fancy a game? " said Moriarty/Anansi with a smile.
Blaise just looked at the monster before him.
" Sure "
" The first move is yours "
Blaise moved pawn to e4.
" Tell me, why do you insist on torturing my son " said Blaise.
" We both know that he is not your son, Toby is the son of an archangel, thus, it can be seen as a form of heresy for you to call Toby your son " said Moriarty/Anansi with a smile.
Moriarty/Anansi then moved pawn to e5.
Blaise just looked at the Spider-Napoleon.
Blaise then moved pawn to f4.
" What are your plans for Florence? "
" Nothing, we already have Florence and most of the world in our web " said the Spider-Napoleon of crime with another smile.
Moriarty/Anansi then moved their pawn to f4, taking Blaise's pawn.
" I could just kill you here and now myself " said Blaise with a serious tone.
" You could certainly try, but we wonder, what would happen to Italy if we were to clash with our powers, we would survive, but we are left to wonder if your two small boys would survive " said Moriarty/Anansi with a devil's smile.
Blaise just looked at the creature before him.
Blaise then stood back up and started to walk away.
" I wonder, did you let me win? " said Blaise.
" Ah, an excellent question, by all accounts, if our Immortal Game had played out like Adolf Anderssen and Lionel Kieseritzky, you would have won " said Moriarty/Anansi.
Without looking at the devil in the chair, Blaise said
" So I ask again, did you let me win? "
But Blaise did not even have to turn around to know that the devil was smiling.
Blaise now walked out of the castle.

Back at the Speranza.
Toby was struggling to come up with a new painting.
Toby was just sitting on his chair not knowing what to draw.
" Hey, you got a second? " said Ambrosius.
" Sure.... " said Toby.
" Then come, I have finally finished my sculpture " said Ambrosius all excited.
Toby had a look of excitement as well, for this has been a sculpture that Ambrosius had worked on for quite some time.
Toby and Ambrosius walked over to the sculpture.
Ambrosius then removed the sheets and what Toby saw left him breathless.
Toby saw the Mighty King Karkemish hold his humble friend Samson, like Mary held her son Jesus.
" You like it! I got the inspiration from Michelangelo's Pietà sculpture, I call it: The Mighty King holding his humble friend " said Ambrosius proudly.
But Toby was still speechless.
Toby finally said
" Hey Ambrosius, let us make a sculpture together "
Ambrosius looked at Toby and with a smile on his face, he said
" Sure "
Blaise came back home to see his two boys coming up with ideas on what to make.
Blaise just had a warm smile and then Blaise sat back down in his chair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 367 11
After being died because of his Differences, he was send to hell and luckily meet the princess of hell & others, together they will make sure everyon...
26.6K 1K 15
In the starlit festivities of Penacony, she meets Caelus, a figure shrouded in mystery who shines as a beacon into her enduring night. He was her lig...
21K 300 8
ထချစ်ဆိုတာ α€œα€°α€žα€α€Ία€›α€α€¬α€œα€±α€¬α€€α€Ί α€›α€„α€Ία€α€―α€”α€Ία€…α€›α€¬α€™α€€α€±α€¬α€„α€Ία€˜α€°α€Έ α€€α€° α€€α€­α€―α€šα€Ία€‘α€α€½α€€α€Ία€‘α€α€»α€…α€Ία€†α€­α€―α€α€¬α€€α€…α€¬α€Έα€…α€›α€¬α€‘α€•α€Ία€™α€•α€­α€―α€˜α€°α€Έ ထခ်စ္ဆိုတာ α€œα€°α€žα€α€Ήα€›α€α€¬α€±α€œα€¬α€€α€Ή α€›α€„α€Ήα€α€―α€”α€Ήα€…α€›α€¬α€™α€±α€€α€¬α€„α€Ήα€˜α€°α€Έ ...
60.1K 1.4K 71
A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things.