Khawabeeda

By KhawabeedaLarki

just a bunch of short stories that are stuck in my head.🌚 ●Uzr (Complete) β– Ta'beer (Complete) More

Introduction
Disclamer/Clarification
Copyright
●عذر●
●2●
●3●
●4●
●5●
●6●
●7●
●8●
β– ΨͺΨΉΨ¨ΫŒΨ±β– 
β– 2β– 
β– 3β– 
β– 4β– 
β– 5β– 
β– 6β– 
β– 7β– 
β– 8β– 
β– 9β– 
Fanmade Covers

●9●

31.5K 1.5K 471
By KhawabeedaLarki

Last part. I'm happy and I'm sad. This story was really special to me as it bears a piece of my broken heart. I want to say to all the people out there facing shaming from the society because of their looks, you gotta stand up for yourself. Accept yourself and then appreciate yourself. Don't let what others say get to your head. You don't need anyone to tell you that you're beautiful because you should KNOW that you are beautiful no matter what.

You are beautiful just the way you are and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. ❤

"Good morning."

Haider greeted as they both settled down on the dining table. He was in a very good mood and Fariah's cheeks held a constant blush. He had waken up this morning to the sound of bangles as his wife was standing in front of the mirror struggling to cover up the marks that littered her neck and collar bones. Haider laughed amusedly at her sweet misery and walked up to her. He had leisurely turned her around to have his morning dose of her sweet lips and then got scolded for ruining her lipstick.

He could notice a difference in her behaviour. She was glowing with happiness and her body language was confident. He could easily see the effort she had put in her dressing. She was wearing a white embroidered maxi dress with a matching dupatta. She had light makeup on with a dark pink lipstick. Her neck adorned the golden chains she wears all the time and gold jhumkas given to her by his grandmother jingled in her ears. Her hands were filled with bangles and she looked exquisite. He suggested that he shouldn't have let her leave the bed so soon and she just pushed him towards the bathroom after handing him his clothes with crimson cheeks.

Salma was definitely not happy after seeing the glow on her face and her constant shy smile and said with a fake smile.

"Beta, why are you so dressed up? Going somewhere?" Anyone could see she was taunting Fariah.

"Nayi naveli dulhanain saji sanwari hi achhi lagti hain." (Newly weded brides should stay dressed up.) Nafeesa Begum said before anyone else could reply to her.

"Jee bilkul, Ammi." Salma said a bit embarrassed but she wasn't one to give up so easily.

"Wese white colour har skin tone pr suit nahi krta." (By the way, white doesn't suit every skin tone.) Salma again said while putting an omelette in Haider's plate.

"I agree, Mumani. And I'm glad it suits my golden skin. I look beautiful, right?" Salma was stunned after hearing Fariah's reply and her smile faltered after seeing her beaming one.

"Y-yes." Salma said. Fariah's chirpy response was enough to make her shut up.

"You look beautiful in every colour, wifey." Haider winked at her grabbing her hand under the table and Fariah just looked at him with a wide smile.

"Affi beta, yeh paise in dono pr waar kr sadqa kr dena. Mere bachon ko rab hamesha khush rakhe or buri nazar se bachaye." (Affi dear, take this money and give it as sadqa for both of my children. May they stay happy always and away from evil eyea.) Nafeesa Begum took out some money and gave it to Afeefah who was sitting the closest to her.

"After all, my bhai bhabhi look so good together." She got up from her and walked towards Haider.

"C'mon bhabhi. Sit closer to your husband." Afeefah said jokingly and Haider happily pulled her towards him after putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Sahi se karna." (Do it properly.) Haider said in a fake stern tone and everyone laughed except Salma.

~

It had been three months since Fariah's rukhsati. She was finally happy in her life. She had a few counselling sessions with a psychiatrist after Haider insisted and those helped her alot along with her new family's support. Salma had not left a chance of degrading Fariah but Fariah has learned to stand up for herself and everyone was happy about it.

Fariah was sitting in her room folding clothes when the door to her room opened and Salma came in with red brimmed eyes.

Fariah stood up on seeing her disheveled state and went towards her.

"Mumani, are you okay?" She held her arm and asked her with worry lacing her eyes.

"Mai bohot sharminda hun, beta. Mujhe nahi smjh a raha kis mu se maafi mangu tumse." (I am very ashamed. I don't know how to apologise to you.) Salma held Fariah's hands as tears escaped her eyes.

"I have always tried to put you down because I was blinded with hatred. I always wanted someone beautiful like Rumaisa to marry my son. But today I have realised that beauty is in the heart." Fariah could see the sincerity and guilt in her eyes.

"I didn't know such beautiful faces could have such ugly minds." Salma sobbed and Fariah embraced her in a hug.

Salma had gone to visit her sister and the servant let her in. She walked towards their lounge where she could hear voices of her sister and niece. She was about to greet them with a smile but the ground slipped from beneath her feet as she heard what they both were talking about. They both were making fun of Salma and laughing on how entertaining it is to fill her ears with shit about Fariah. They were laughing on how dumb and easily manipulated Salma is.

Salma felt the burn of humiliation seep in her bones and she left from there. She realised how wrong she was to insult her daughter-in-law like that. She had been seeing the happiness on her son's face and whenever she thought about accepting Fariah whole-heartedly her sister would turn her against Fariah. Today she realised how wrong she was and how she had let her sister poison her relations with her family. She went straight to Fariah's room to apologise to her and broke down in her arms. Fariah moved her to the couch in the room and consoled her.

"Mumani, you are my elder. I would never mind the things you say. You don't need to apologise for anything." Fariah said with a consoling smile. And she was not lying. She stopped taking Salma's taunts to her heart as she realised it was not her fault as much.

"You are good-hearted which is why you try to see good in everyone. Elders should apologise to their children when they are wrong. Please forgive me, my child." Salma said after she had cried to her heart's content. Fariah had rubbed her back throughout and let her take everything out.

"We will accept your apology on only one condition." Both Fariah and Salma got startled when they heard Haider's voice coming from the door.

"Haider, beta." Salma stood up followed by Fariah and Haider came to stand beside Fariah.

"You will make us that tasty fried chicken you make with your secret recipe." Haider said with a cheeky smile and Salma agreed instantly embracing her son and his wife in a hug.

~

Haider had come home after a hectic day at office. Everyone was resting in their rooms after having lunch. He directly went to his room to take a shower then get some rest. When he opened the door to his room, it was completely dark and he heard whimpers. It was like the ground has slipped from beneath his feet. He hastily turned the lights on and found Fariah sitting on the couch with her hands covering her face and her shoulders shaking lightly.

He dropped his suit jacket and ran towards her.

"Jaana?" He tried to move her hands from her face.

"Fariah, look at me. What happened?" He held her arms and moved them away from her face with a strong grip.

Fariah didn't say anything and kept sobbing. She placed her head on Haider's chest and hugged him.

"Jaana, you're worrying me like this. Tell me, what happened." Haider kept running his hands in her hair and massaged her scalp. When she didn't quite down, Haider moved her a little back to look into her eyes.

"Haider, I-I'm scared." Fariah said keeping her eyes on his shirt where she had left a wet spot.

"I-umm...went to the doctor yesterday." Fariah said while trying to move out of his arms but he didn't let his grip falter.

"Why didn't you tell me you are not feeling well? What did the doctor say?" Haider asked with creased brows as he moved her hair out of her face and wiped her cheeks. Her nose and cheeks were slightly pink due to crying.

"She took some blood samples and the tests came out today. I-I'm pregnant." Fariah said in a quite tone. When she didn't receive any response, she started rambling out of nervousness.

"Haider, I swear I don't know how this happened. I mean we used protection but-" Fariah's little speech about the possibility of being pregnant even after using protection was cut off by Haider. Actually, by Haider's lips.

He captured her lips in a heated kiss. He finally let her go due to lack of breath and they both took deep breaths.

"You've made me the happiest man in the world!" Haider exclaimed loudly and gathered Fariah in his arms.

"I can't believe it. I'm going to be a father. We are going to be parents!" Haider laughed loudly and twirled Fariah around in his arms.

"Haider!" Fariah also smiled with tears still in her eyes. Haider moved Fariah from his arms to stand on the floor but still didn't move his arms from her waist.

"Thankyou so much." Haider leaned his forehead on Fariah's and whispered with closed eyes.

"You're really happy?" Fariah asked cupping his face with her soft hands. She was weary about the fact that Haider might not want kids so soon as they had used protection almost every time but Fariah couldn't be so sure about it. They might've forgotten. And the protection doesn't work always.

"The happiest I've ever been." Haider placed his own hand on hers and kissed her forehead. Fariah embraced him in a hug and they both stood in each other's embrace.

"Oh Gosh! Why are you standing? You need rest." Haider said all of a sudden and carried her again in his arms moving towards the bed.

"Haider, I'm fine." Fariah giggled at his frowning expression.

"Do you need something? Is your back hurting? Should I get you something to eat? You're not feeling nauseous, are you?" Haider rambled off as he listed all the possibilities his pregnant wife might face.

"Jaana, I'm fine." Fariah pulled at his hand making him bend down and pecked his cheek.

"I just need you by my side." She said looking into his ashy eyes.

"I'm always by your side." Haider moved to lay beside her after taking his shoes off and Fariah placed her head on his chest. Haider ran his fingers through her hair and kissed the crown of her head.

"I love you." They both said at the same time and their laughters ringed throughout the room. The angels chanted blessings over them and wished eternal happiness for them.

The End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498K 25.9K 91
❝ find what you love and let it kill you.❞ ~collection of short stories
34.7K 1.6K 19
A collection of short stories. "Ye choti choti kahaaniyan Aapke Dil ko chulien gi Kabhi aapke chehre pe muskurahat Kabhi gussa, kabhi udaasi Magar i...
109K 3.1K 13
A collection of possesive and desi short stories !! avidity means great enthusiasm or passion with romantic feelings .. β€’π™πˆπŒπ€πŒ~πŠπ€π’π‡πˆπ’π‡ #...
592K 25.8K 107
A beautiful collection of short stories where love always wins.❀️